• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:53
CEST 20:53
KST 03:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8116 users

SCFusion - WoL, HotS & LotV Build Order Optimizer - Page 74

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 Next
Pyromartian
Profile Joined September 2015
United States15 Posts
May 04 2018 22:02 GMT
#1461
On May 04 2018 23:38 Tamerlane wrote:
That would be nice Pyro! I don't know enough about XML/coding in general to mess with the chrono boost transfer - probably would have copied what you did if I could find the file somewhere. I looked for other people hosting the XML you had done and only came up with dead links.

It would also be nice to have real time instead, but:
  • That means changing hundreds of values
  • The SC2 editor still uses values with pre-lotv time: I think it's better/simpler that we stick to those values and figure out the time conversion.

That said, I'm not sure at all that the time conversion value I entered is accurate, but I was able to replicate builds very closely when doing simple movements (building inside the main, no worker transfer of any kind, etc.).

One thing I'd like to see or be able to input: worker mining distance. The mineral patches aren't the same on all maps (ie. distance from town hall) and it affects mineral income rate. Also: the simulations seem to start the mineral income from 0:00 which causes a systematic discrepancy because in reality they travel to mineral patches first and most are re-assigned. It might be just 2 seconds off in total, but this is a little annoying when trying to add very tight waypoints.

It would also be nice to enter the worker transfer time as a setting, since it's different on different maps.

Do you have an idea how to fix any of that?


I was about to send the file to you with the nexus changes, but I need to fix the mothership because it is no longer a unit that is morphed and thats harder than I thought.

Changing worker mining distance seems like something you have to change in the source code.
Tamerlane
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada426 Posts
May 12 2018 17:23 GMT
#1462
@Pyromartian: would you happen to have finished the nexus changes you were talking about?
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
May 12 2018 20:24 GMT
#1463
Do any pro-gamers use this?
TL+ Member
Tamerlane
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada426 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-05-16 22:26:30
May 16 2018 22:21 GMT
#1464
Maybe some, but I doubt it's generalized. There seems to be very little variation of builds early in the game and I tried to replicate the exact production/waypoints over a 6-7min period with 2 different zerg builds and SCFusion had something largely different (and significantly faster as well).

My understanding is that it's usually better to answer early aggression and scouting information properly than try to stick to a build past 4min-4min30.

Also, there's a major flaw (or at least I haven't found how to do this) with SC Fusion for real game application: losses. As a zerg, I will rarely not lose anything within the first 5 min, so I will sometimes not need to make an overlord at the same time as SC Fusion and I will also often have to make more units or static defense rather than drones. That alone can make the rest of the SC Fusion simulation become worthless. It's not just delayed, it's the order in which things are done that will also be different (for example, I might not need as much gas compared to the build if I made 6-10 zerglings instead of drones).
Kiaph
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
112 Posts
June 01 2018 18:16 GMT
#1465
So yeah, I somehow forgot how to use this program.

I tried to run "Make" in power shell in hopes that a .exe would appear but failed.

I am using the github version, and tried to downloaded exe but after double clicking it nothing seems to happen.

Wanted to try to optimize a timing, can use my phone, but takes much longer lol
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Yo_Man
Profile Joined May 2017
43 Posts
June 01 2018 18:35 GMT
#1466
Just to follow up on your idea Carbon, what you propose is doable with the new sc2 API
i:e: make AI fight with a BO

https://github.com/Blizzard/s2client-api
SlyBeetle
Profile Joined February 2011
Belarus38 Posts
June 05 2018 09:28 GMT
#1467
I've updated the XML file until 4.2.1 for terran mostly: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2fusion-terran-updates/files/?source=navbar

There is need merge with Tamerlane work.
Tamerlane
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada426 Posts
June 10 2018 14:36 GMT
#1468
On June 02 2018 03:16 Kiaph wrote:
So yeah, I somehow forgot how to use this program.

I tried to run "Make" in power shell in hopes that a .exe would appear but failed.

I am using the github version, and tried to downloaded exe but after double clicking it nothing seems to happen.

Wanted to try to optimize a timing, can use my phone, but takes much longer lol
Thanks in advance for any reply.


The Github version is 1.18, the current version is 1.27 : https://sourceforge.net/projects/scfusion/files/?source=navbar
Kaszanas
Profile Joined November 2017
4 Posts
August 12 2018 19:40 GMT
#1469
I'd love to see that project being continued as the tool seems perfect to running some simulations
adodd818024
Profile Joined October 2018
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-30 09:43:12
October 30 2018 01:21 GMT
#1470
Hello,

A little late to the party, but I am in the process of updating this. About 90% complete. Here's what I have so far
For the Latest LOTV Patch 4.6.2

First thing I didn't quite like is the Build Calculator is using a multiplier of 1.38 to change the values to match the "faster" speed that SC2 has. To translate, A probe in normal speed takes 17 seconds to complete but in Faster mode takes only 12 seconds.

I have therefore removed the multiplier and reset all the values off the faster speed times for more accuracy.
My changes are to the last 1.27 SCFusion version and XML LOTV Version of 2_5_1

Protoss
Added Shield Battery
Removed Mothership Core
Changed Mothership to a unit requiring Nexus / Fleet Beacon
Corrected Nexus starting energy
Removed "Shield" upgrade (No idea what this was? Researched at Twilight Council)
Removed Tempest Energy
Removed Immortal Energy
Removed Carrier Energy
Corrected ALL Protoss Buildings, Units, Research times, costs and requirements.
Corrected Unit ability timings / cooldowns and energy costs
Adjusted Protoss Travel Times (still can be tweaked)

Terran
Removed Targeting Optics Research
Removed Surface to Air Targeting Research
Added Rapid Fire Launchers Research
Added Smart Servos Research
Separated "Vehicle and Ship Weapons" to "Vehicle Weapons" and "Ship Weapons" Research
Added High Capacity Fuel Tanks Research
Removed Caduceus Reactor Research
Removed Ignite Afterburners Research
Removed Behemoth Reactor Research
Corrected ALL Terran Buildings, Units, Research times, costs and requirements.
Corrected Unit ability timings / cooldowns and energy costs
Adjusted Terran Travel Times (still can be tweaked)
Removed Explosive Shrapnel Shells Research
Removed Cyclone Techlab requirement
Added Reactor Cyclone Ability from Factory

Zerg
Removed Hydralisk Upgrades from the Lurker Den
Removed Morph Hydralisk Den into Lurker Den
Added Lurker Den as separate building (requiring Hydralisk Den)
Added Grooved Spines at Hydralisk Den
Added Adaptive Talons at Lurker Den (requiring Hive)
Removed Ventral Sacs Upgrade
Added Ventral Sacs as an Overlord ability
Corrected ALL Zerg Buildings, Units, Research times, costs and requirements.
Corrected Unit ability timings / cooldowns and energy costs

Pending
Chronoboost mechanic is not correct at the moment, in progress, it seems to be all or nothing
Mule / Extra Supply mechanic, currently they're conflicting or it's not recognizing when to use the Mule properly
Energy Regen timings, trying to ensure this is accurate, but difficult when the mechanics aren't working, I will play around with this
Larvae spawn / respawn times - haven't had time to look at this, but the timings are wrong.

Someone give me somewhere to upload this for people to download, can't be bothered to set up something.
adodd818024
Profile Joined October 2018
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-30 11:58:29
October 30 2018 11:58 GMT
#1471
Update
Fixed Chrono boost mechanic (I think!) Refining the energy regen and chrono boost rules
Removed the Initial Auto cast
Tidied up the XML code
Set Chrono boost duration to 20 seconds (was on indefinite)

I think there was an update in LOTV a couple years back where the DEVs went a little crazy and started looking at auto casting things like warpgate, queen injects, chrono boosts and it's unfortunate the latest SCFusion version we have was at that period.

I have referred to some older options for more stable energy mechanics and these seem to be tidying everything up. Should be able to get the Mule/Extra Supply mechanic fixed and resolve a few little more bugs.
Xamo
Profile Joined April 2012
Spain886 Posts
October 30 2018 22:28 GMT
#1472
Great job, go on! I have used this in the past and would love to use it again if you are able to fix and update it.
My life for Aiur. You got a piece of me, baby. IIIIIIiiiiiii.
navenitram
Profile Joined July 2016
3 Posts
October 31 2018 06:12 GMT
#1473
I'm looking forward to being able to use this again, I really am looking forward to seeing the finished product! Thank you for doing this adodd
adodd818024
Profile Joined October 2018
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-31 17:18:27
October 31 2018 14:27 GMT
#1474
Removed due to issue with Time Conversion factor...

Back to the drawing board!
witorwitor
Profile Joined November 2018
5 Posts
November 01 2018 13:14 GMT
#1475
Excellent project!

I have tried to set up an initial custom build. I have already read the suggestions in this thread to input a build order in a simple form, but every time I try it it gives me an error (something about not being able to understand the build I have pasted). I tried a simple one:

build SCV

Still nothing...
Could someone post an example that I could just paste to the initial custom build box just to check if it works?

It would be great if we could simply click edit/copy build order and then simply do ctrl+v in the initial custom build box.

Pyromartian
Profile Joined September 2015
United States15 Posts
November 25 2018 11:12 GMT
#1476
Wow, I am back after being gone for a few months.

Someone give me somewhere to upload this for people to download, can't be bothered to set up something.

We could use something like uploadfiles.io or if not I might be able to set up a google drive we people can upload the XML to a folder I set up....
navenitram
Profile Joined July 2016
3 Posts
January 07 2019 21:23 GMT
#1477
What is the status of this I haven't seen anything lately? Does anyone have the current XML file?
Antiheroes
Profile Joined January 2017
3 Posts
January 25 2019 22:29 GMT
#1478
On October 31 2018 23:27 adodd818024 wrote:
Removed due to issue with Time Conversion factor...

Back to the drawing board!

Please upload the xml file man...
witorwitor
Profile Joined November 2018
5 Posts
March 05 2019 22:59 GMT
#1479
Excellent project it would be great if I could use it with the latest patch of SC2.

Could someone post a link to the latest XML ?

many thanks in advance
skdsk
Profile Joined February 2019
138 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-08 15:38:12
March 08 2019 15:37 GMT
#1480
so is the new version uploaded? would be great to use this again...
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech159
UpATreeSC 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19960
Calm 3629
Mini 424
Mind 84
910 65
Free 63
soO 31
Trap 31
Aegong 23
Dota 2
Gorgc5189
XaKoH 285
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6184
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3472
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt539
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor196
Livibee190
C9.Mang0129
Trikslyr126
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 92
QueenE72
ZombieGrub33
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix11
• niya90s 2
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2234
Other Games
• Shiphtur804
• imaqtpie768
• tFFMrPink 7
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 7m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.