• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8745 users

Tips for Tasteless' Obsing - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
October 01 2010 21:16 GMT
#461
Note that tasteless underwent surgery for his knee and is currently on painkillers
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
October 01 2010 21:22 GMT
#462
I had great hope for Tasteless, now I am not sure I want him to cast anymore.

The reason I dont like him now, is that he dont bring anything to the table. Artosis has great knowledge, he brings this to the table, as well as his casting is overall is good. But Tastless along with Artosis, he just becomes a shadow of Artosis, bringing nothing new, no excitement or anything.

I am trying, to find tips for Tasteless, but it hit me, when Tasteless was casting with Torch when Artosis played, that he simply does not fit in with Artosis. Sad to say this, but I would rather have Husky there instead, he brings excitement, something unique to my ears, I can live with his short comings. Artosis and tasteless are too similar, except Tasteless is just a shadow of Artosis Not sure you understod my point.
ShLiM
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria178 Posts
October 01 2010 21:38 GMT
#463
the only thing that bothers me alot is Tasteless constantly talking about the money, like 2342 times per cast he mentions "that they play for a lot of money", "this will cost him a lot of money", "he can win a lot of money" etc.
IBASI ZMIQTA
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
October 01 2010 21:48 GMT
#464
I honestly thought I was alone in disliking their casting a lot. I actually think Artosis is funny and is a better caster, but feel like even a lot tl.net featured casters are much better at casting. Artosis is always more prepared and all of that so I have to give him credit, but Tasteless just seems to agree and maybe throw in one bit of useful info into the conversation. Artosis is generally more enthusiastic and seems more excited about what he's doing too.

The biggest thing that ruins their casting for me is, on more than one occasion, I noticed tech or expansions way before they did. As casters, I feel this is the most important skill for casters to have - always know what's going on and what's coming.
Hi
Augury
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States758 Posts
October 01 2010 22:09 GMT
#465
They're getting better at noticing things, but it's definitely hard to obs the game and cast at the same time. They're going to miss some things due to the setup.

Artosis would be a lot better if he stayed a little more detached from the games. He's very passionate about the games, which is a good thing, but I think it's getting to be too much. I'm very tired of him being so biased throughout the games as well.
dave22222
Profile Joined August 2010
20 Posts
October 02 2010 00:47 GMT
#466
tasteless was great for brood war but he really lacks knowledge in sc2, bring on day9!
Demand2k
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Norway875 Posts
October 02 2010 00:55 GMT
#467
How about just jumping in on the korean observer? Artosis is doing fine, but Tasteless is completely tunnelvision on whatever goes on in the current screen. This is a consequence of him controlling the camera himself. Most of us has eyes, and don't need to be told "... over here" all the time. Talking in broader terms are way better.
andrea20
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada441 Posts
October 02 2010 01:01 GMT
#468
You'll never please everyone. Tastosis has synergy; they work well together and they feed off each other. Tasteless has been doing this for a long time, and people suggest that he's not adequate enough? Come on, it could be a lot worse. I suspect that if GOM listened to people in here, we'd have casting quality such as this.

For people who complain that Tastosis is "slower" than the Korean observers, note that they noticed FruitDealer gooping the expo on Scrap Station in the game against oGsTOP before the Koreans. Both of them will have their hits and misses.
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
October 02 2010 01:05 GMT
#469
Tasteless isn't like his brother. He isn't trying to describe the exact builds and in-depth strategies that each player is doing. His job is to hype up the game and build excitement. Of course he is going to tunnel vision on the big battles instead of moving away from it and saying "OMG HE'S EXPANDINGGGGGGGGG"

It's not a casters job to explain exactly what the players are doing, you can just watch and see for yourself.

"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Vega152
Profile Joined September 2010
United States70 Posts
October 02 2010 01:19 GMT
#470
Sure, but that doesn't mean they'll have equal numbers of hits and misses.

I remember watching a hatchery build for about 2-3 minutes in one GSL game, watching dots move around on the minimap while Tastosis bantered about an unrelated subject. Banter is fine, it's cool, it's great and all, but please please don't let it detract from game analysis.

That much should be unsaid for professional casting. Listen to casters from any other sport: banter is there, but it never interferes with game commenting. This would be my number 1 comment to Tastosis.

Sure, mechanics could improve. Whatever. I'm not really worried about how smooth the camera is or having the production tab open all the time. I just want to make sure I can see each players base from time to time, and get to watch some epic fights.

One last thing: I miss the old, hyper-energetic Tasteless who talked a mile a minute during battles. Bring him back plees. <3
Paper: Rock is balanced, nerf Scissors!
UnholyRai
Profile Joined September 2010
720 Posts
October 02 2010 02:20 GMT
#471
Wow people need to QQ. Artosis and Tasteless are fantastic casters. I see Artosis as more of the knowledge and stategic analysis caster and Tasteless as the charismatic, excitable guy. Because they're so different they work well together as casters.

I really have no complaints, they're doing as well as they can, and they make me laugh quite a bit as well.
Gogo Grubby.
syntacks
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia10 Posts
October 02 2010 03:12 GMT
#472
I agree that at the start of Ro64 Tastosis' commentry did feel a bit unpolished, but they have improved in leaps and bounds since then. I really enjoy their casting style and sense of humor, and the fact that they often remark that they're making efforts to improve and ask for feedback gives me confidence that they will continue to do so.
Occasionally, they have stopped to note that they are "noob-friendly" and taken a moment to explain what's currently going on and why it's important - I would really like to see this happen more often. Not all the time as that would be cumbersome, but even just once or maybe twice a match would be great.

Keep up the good work!
ಠ_ಠ
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
October 02 2010 04:42 GMT
#473
I don't know if it has actually been discussed but I watched every gsl game and I have never seens the "Army" tab being used. Can definitely be a nice feature e.g after a big battle takes place, it could be interesting to see what are the remaining armies sizes. Is there a reason why this tab is never used?
o choro é livre
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
October 02 2010 05:20 GMT
#474
Man, the commentating has improved so much. I still want to strangle them some times when they miss obvious minimap action or techs, or when the Koreans are enthusiastically screaming in the background about something they're barely commentating on. Still, it's like night and day.
TL+ Member
cive
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada370 Posts
October 02 2010 05:30 GMT
#475
Tasteless' job is caster not commentator. Artosis on the other hand is a commentator. Its not that Tasteless is any less knowledgeable than Artosis. It's his job to be the host of the show, make announcements and make Artosis look good during the game.

Hes obing is getting better really fast. I can see him resisting himself from moving the cam too much. LOL $300/h obing lessons.

I hope he continues to cast GSL for the ppl outside of Korea.
Play Terran
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
October 02 2010 05:33 GMT
#476
I would like tasteless to scroll thought the production, units, income, and army tabs more. Though you can't really read the numbers so it isn't a big deal.
I think tasteless does a great job and I like his jokes at the start of the matches. Dreidel guy, debris vs rocks, overlord kiss, and of course panda bear guy.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
UisTehSux
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States693 Posts
October 02 2010 09:24 GMT
#477
I think tasteless shouldn't be sick. He should be responsible with his health and learn2drink orange juice.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Joking! Get well soon Tasteless! What a baller for being sick as fuck and still casting! :D
I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
Grond
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
599 Posts
October 02 2010 10:32 GMT
#478
I think the casting is excellent but he has to do something about the Eddie Monster haircut.
MrBGJM
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia124 Posts
October 02 2010 10:39 GMT
#479
I always thoroughly enjoy a game when tasteless commentates it. There are a few well known commentators for pro games but...they just don't make the game entertaining and intuitive at the same time. It's always just too focused on how so and so played the game and not so much about the greatness of the game that is starcraft.

I think if you out to learn something, download a replay pack and learn through your own commentating, but if you want some entertainment with that learning, watch some commentators, just my thought
silencefc
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States875 Posts
October 02 2010 10:46 GMT
#480
I really wish they'd leave the Production tab open more often. I'm having a hard time reading the numbers on the Unit tab even with the HQ stream.
Slice like a goddamn hammer.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10181
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King98
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 52m
INu's Battles
8h 52m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 52m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
Replay Cast
19h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.