• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9470 users

Tips for Tasteless' Obsing - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 27 Next All
Reason.SC2
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1047 Posts
September 19 2010 17:27 GMT
#421
I was cheering for IdrA until I realized that the longer IdrA stays in the tournament, the more I have to hear Tasteless constantly reminding everyone that he is in EG and making statements that have no substance other than "IdrA is EG, I am in EG" lol.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy but man how many times did he have to mention it jeez.

The main things I'd like to see are:

1) Improve professionalism (less bias, more controlled silliness)\

2) More proficient use of the observer tabs to illustrate a point being stated

3) Dress: I think you should either dress up and try to look really professional, or wear your handsome nerd shirts and just look like gamers. Right now wearing some random blazer with a tshirt underneath is neither professional nor a 'gamer' look.

4) Keep working on getting more information about the players (even if it is completely unrelated to SC2, it would be cool to know more about these guys i.e. do they have any other hobbies, any interesting stories about them / their personality) It helps for the more general / mainstream audience to relate to players and be more involved

5) Keep up the great work and keep at it! I've seen tons of improvements already and we are still only halfway through the RO32. You guys are getting better each cast and by this rate Koreans will be learning English just to enjoy the beauty that is the tastosis GSL coverage! glhf!
RyanS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States620 Posts
September 19 2010 21:01 GMT
#422
On September 20 2010 02:27 Reason.SC2 wrote:
I was cheering for IdrA until I realized that the longer IdrA stays in the tournament, the more I have to hear Tasteless constantly reminding everyone that he is in EG and making statements that have no substance other than "IdrA is EG, I am in EG" lol.


He still says it 2-3 times per cast even with Idra out of the tournament. But I guess that is better than him plugging the handsome nerd every 5 minutes.
robertdinh
Profile Joined June 2010
803 Posts
September 19 2010 21:03 GMT
#423
I think the best tip I can give tasteless is to check a bit more about people's tech. Sometimes he misses a vital tech structure and then it's like SURPRISE BATTLECRUSIERS, or something like that.
True skill comes without effort.
foxmeep
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia2337 Posts
September 20 2010 02:47 GMT
#424
On September 20 2010 06:01 RyanS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2010 02:27 Reason.SC2 wrote:
I was cheering for IdrA until I realized that the longer IdrA stays in the tournament, the more I have to hear Tasteless constantly reminding everyone that he is in EG and making statements that have no substance other than "IdrA is EG, I am in EG" lol.


He still says it 2-3 times per cast even with Idra out of the tournament. But I guess that is better than him plugging the handsome nerd every 5 minutes.


I don't know how they get away with that tbh, I am sure a broadcasting station would never allow personal advertising if they knew about it, but I'm pretty sure the Koreans have absolutely no idea what Tasteless/Artosis are actually saying
Meatloaf
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Spain664 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 07:15:55
September 20 2010 07:09 GMT
#425
Overall its good now , they Ironed out the Obsing issues they had before.

only thing GOM need now its VODs in HD and i'll subscribe ASAP and sure Tasteless and Artosis could be more professional at times , but theres no "book of style" of esports casting so theyre doing quite well in the whole IMO , though you can see they run out of arguments at times , theyre casting for 4 hours a day so thats quite a lot more than a normal tv show.

And of course it would be great seeing them SUIT UP for the Ro16!!

kasumimi
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Greece460 Posts
September 20 2010 08:20 GMT
#426
They have both improved A LOT since the start of the GSL. However I can't stop wondering....



Where has this tasteless gone?

Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
September 20 2010 18:21 GMT
#427
Did tasteless just say in the TLO g1 that BC was bad against thors? And how did he miss the nuke production? IMO it kind of annoys me that he never looks in the base of the players.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
September 20 2010 19:03 GMT
#428
On September 21 2010 03:21 Hider wrote:
Did tasteless just say in the TLO g1 that BC was bad against thors? And how did he miss the nuke production? IMO it kind of annoys me that he never looks in the base of the players.


He said thors were bad against BC's which is true. ^
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
gozima
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada602 Posts
September 20 2010 19:10 GMT
#429
On September 21 2010 03:21 Hider wrote:
Did tasteless just say in the TLO g1 that BC was bad against thors? And how did he miss the nuke production? IMO it kind of annoys me that he never looks in the base of the players.



The sad thing is he doesn't even need to look in the players bases.

Just put up the production tab from time to time.

Aside from a few missed tech building, units, I still find their casting entertaining, but there's still room for improvement
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
September 20 2010 19:17 GMT
#430
One thing he needs to do is use the player's vision a little bit more.. like to know if someone scouted something or similar stuff.
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
September 20 2010 19:29 GMT
#431
Tasteless working as cameraman is so bad atm. He has no clue what to look at, it all seems so damn random. Every now and then you should look at bases to figure out what the fuck is going on, atleast do this when there is not much action going on. Go look at base and discuss whats going on, or what is not going on.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
September 20 2010 19:49 GMT
#432
There is only one complaint i have left. Please adjust your seats so your heads are both at the same height haha. It just sometimes looks like tasteless is this small guy sitting like a troll beside artosis xD
rycho
Profile Joined July 2010
United States360 Posts
September 20 2010 19:52 GMT
#433
everything is great except when theres a crucial tech structure missed, it seems to happen pretty frequently (both battlecruisers and void rays last night iirc). maybe keeping the production tab open would help? i do enjoy the commentary despite this though.
InFiNitY[pG]
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Germany3474 Posts
September 20 2010 19:55 GMT
#434
definitely needs to go into player's bases occasionally just to show their buildings and upgrades.
"I just pressed stimpack, and somehow I won the battle" -Flash
Grond
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
599 Posts
September 24 2010 19:00 GMT
#435
My only request would be less comments about how good looking the players are, it gives me the wiggins.

The rest will improve naturally with practice.
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
September 24 2010 19:04 GMT
#436
On September 21 2010 04:55 InFiNitY[pG] wrote:
definitely needs to go into player's bases occasionally just to show their buildings and upgrades.


Yes. And click on units more. Took me forever to find the upgrades on units in one game, because he clicked it like once and only for barely a second.

And rotate the tabs! rotate!
Yargh
Shigy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States346 Posts
September 24 2010 19:10 GMT
#437
On September 20 2010 02:27 Reason.SC2 wrote: Right now wearing some random blazer with a tshirt underneath is neither professional nor a 'gamer' look.


hahaha. yeah this is a very interesting look. i notice it too every time, it seems pretty common though in the 'professional' casting community right?
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 19:22:45
September 24 2010 19:21 GMT
#438
On September 20 2010 01:36 MrCon wrote:
They improved a lot after all the begining critisism. But after that the obsing have gone worse. (missing dark shrine...)
I really think tasteless needs to focus on obsing first, let artosis talk more. (and stop cuting artosis when he begins to explain a move like :
A : wow that battle, I really liked when he moved his zergling to f....
T : OH YEAH? AWESOME, AWESOME MOVE, this player is SO GREAT
And they he goes on a rampage of sooooo greatness and so awesomeness when artosis tried to explain WHY it was awesome.

I'm being critical, but I still really love their casting overall, just pointing where they could improve. And I still wake up every day to watch the stream.


This is I think is an inherent flaw with the current system. I do think the two of them are doing a fantastic job all things considered. But what other high-paced televised event do you have where the commentator is also forced to be the camera guy?

It's a wonder Tasteless can think of anything to say when he's observing or alternatively that he remembers to move the screen around a lot. As it stands, I think Tasteless has managed to balance out these two very demanding tasks. However, GOMTV really needs to specialize the roles more. Let Tasteless cast without having to observe, I'm sure his comment quality will increase beyond what it already is because he can focus on commentating rather than moving the screen. Get a designated observer- they can then go to town with rotating through the tabs, checking the bases, the battles. Hell! That's a full time job right there.

Maybe season 2, they can justify paying the extra guy. It is a new tournament that has yet to get it's infrastructure stabilized.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
September 24 2010 19:34 GMT
#439
Personally, I just want to see some more Tasteless Stasis (aka forcefield). Also, I'm never quite sure if Cool and the Fruit Dealer are the same person or not. Perhaps clarify that more often? At random moments during the game? Also, more fruit jokes, please.

Actually, kidding aside, I think that they both do a pretty darn good job. Easy to hate, hard appreciate. I've really enjoyed the casts and VODs, and I'm sure that their occasional rough edges will get smoothed over.

Though I AM crossing my fingers for some more Tasteless Stasis.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
September 24 2010 19:34 GMT
#440
On September 25 2010 04:21 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2010 01:36 MrCon wrote:
They improved a lot after all the begining critisism. But after that the obsing have gone worse. (missing dark shrine...)
I really think tasteless needs to focus on obsing first, let artosis talk more. (and stop cuting artosis when he begins to explain a move like :
A : wow that battle, I really liked when he moved his zergling to f....
T : OH YEAH? AWESOME, AWESOME MOVE, this player is SO GREAT
And they he goes on a rampage of sooooo greatness and so awesomeness when artosis tried to explain WHY it was awesome.

I'm being critical, but I still really love their casting overall, just pointing where they could improve. And I still wake up every day to watch the stream.


This is I think is an inherent flaw with the current system. I do think the two of them are doing a fantastic job all things considered. But what other high-paced televised event do you have where the commentator is also forced to be the camera guy?

It's a wonder Tasteless can think of anything to say when he's observing or alternatively that he remembers to move the screen around a lot. As it stands, I think Tasteless has managed to balance out these two very demanding tasks. However, GOMTV really needs to specialize the roles more. Let Tasteless cast without having to observe, I'm sure his comment quality will increase beyond what it already is because he can focus on commentating rather than moving the screen. Get a designated observer- they can then go to town with rotating through the tabs, checking the bases, the battles. Hell! That's a full time job right there.

Maybe season 2, they can justify paying the extra guy. It is a new tournament that has yet to get it's infrastructure stabilized.


Both Tasteless and Artosis are big boys that can walk and chew gum at the same time. Their issues with observing were of their own creation by not practicing and being prepared before the beginning of the GSL. I like that Tasteless is NOW taking lessons from the Korean obs which he decides to remind us every cast, but why wasn't this preparation being done BEFORE showtime? It really doesn't matter now but, it was just a let down.

As time passes and they begin to get more and more familiar with builds and players, the observing will improve. Right now if I were them I'd stick to Production Tab up 100% of the time or quickly switch to another tab and back to Production. With their eyes glued on the Production Tab and on the Mini-map they won't miss anything. I was MAJORLY dissapointed when they started but, it has gotten better, they just need a few tweaks and familiarity to set in.
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 568
NaDa 58
Leta 29
Larva 27
TT1 15
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Other Games
summit1g10182
WinterStarcraft409
Mew2King112
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1050
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 12m
INu's Battles
8h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.