• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:40
CEST 08:40
KST 15:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8751 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 75

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 2731 Next
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
October 13 2010 05:31 GMT
#1481
More Incontrol please

Actually, I think out of all the groups you've had JP, this group was the most balanced. Everyone contributed strategically w/o the exact same opinion, everyone was pretty funny (with inc taking the cake), and no single person did 50% of the talking. I enjoyed this one a lot.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
-Frog-
Profile Joined February 2009
United States514 Posts
October 13 2010 05:33 GMT
#1482
Can we get cock horse on as a guest?
powered by coffee, driven by hate.
TealLurker
Profile Joined June 2008
United States791 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 05:44:55
October 13 2010 05:39 GMT
#1483
On October 13 2010 13:51 mcneebs wrote:
Incontrol. PLEASE learn how to properly use the word literally. You must say that 130 times an episode, and it's never used correctly.

"[Blizzard] is literally going about their patch ass backwards."

No they're not. They are not putting their ass first and charging in reverse towards a patch.

"You have to practice like, literally 5 or more hours a day."

Okay this is closer to an example of the correct way to use the word, except for one thing. There is no figurative way to say this though. Of course it's literally, there's no other way to take it. Now it's just redundant.

This comic will hopefully make it easier to learn.
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

Really? I hope this isn't serious. My head literally exploded.
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
October 13 2010 05:45 GMT
#1484
David Cross has some opinions about the usage of literally.

Spaceball
Profile Joined November 2007
United States213 Posts
October 13 2010 05:49 GMT
#1485
Another good episode imo. Incontrol was hilarious as always and Artosis is a great addition to the show whenever he is on. My only complaint was that the map discussion didn't sound very informed (incontrol was funny though) - particularly the segment on the iccup maps which spread some blatant misinformation (i.e. huk saying they are all bw ports - when in reality most of their pool is made up of very good original maps). Aside from that and the lack of Day9 (get well soon!), I thought it was a lot of fun to listen to. Can't wait until next week!
aznagent
Profile Joined May 2010
Hong Kong166 Posts
October 13 2010 06:38 GMT
#1486
Man I love Incontrol and his type of humour he brings to the podcast... but I think I kinda lost to some respect for him
Quote:
TrueRedemption
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States313 Posts
October 13 2010 06:56 GMT
#1487
This podcast's ability to be amazingly entertaining while also having significant discussions week in and week out is absolutely unbelievable. It's more than just bringing a group of awesome people together every week, it's something special, not sure what it is exactly but it doesn't matter, keep up the great work =)
Writer
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
October 13 2010 06:59 GMT
#1488
On October 13 2010 15:38 aznagent wrote:
Man I love Incontrol and his type of humour he brings to the podcast... but I think I kinda lost to some respect for him


That is crazy odd cause I was just thinking "I think I lost respect for aznagent" like 5 minutes after that cast roflfll

STRANGE
shinwa
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden225 Posts
October 13 2010 07:03 GMT
#1489
I actually gained a lot more respect for incontrol.

Strange
okaygo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States83 Posts
October 13 2010 07:03 GMT
#1490
iNcontroL, keep it up, you're hilarious.
Kishkumen
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States650 Posts
October 13 2010 07:08 GMT
#1491
I love how after every podcast there's the additional side entertainment of Incontrol responding in the thread to all the people who don't get his humor.
Weird, last time I checked the UN said you need to have at least 200 APM and be rainbow league to be called human. —Liquid`TLO
DoubleLariat
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada190 Posts
October 13 2010 07:09 GMT
#1492
On October 13 2010 15:59 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 15:38 aznagent wrote:
Man I love Incontrol and his type of humour he brings to the podcast... but I think I kinda lost to some respect for him


That is crazy odd cause I was just thinking "I think I lost respect for aznagent" like 5 minutes after that cast roflfll

STRANGE


Lol. you sir, are the man.

Btw... your voice imitations are the shit. Don't let a bunch of sensitive whiners on this forum stop you from doing those awesome voice impressions! I missed them =(
Hashbaz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States340 Posts
October 13 2010 07:10 GMT
#1493
Just want to throw in my vote against those who are saying day9 and tyler are weak/uninteresting parts of the show. I love the chemistry and interplay among the four regulars. Their personality types balance each other well.
ESPORTS prevails
Barett
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada454 Posts
October 13 2010 07:18 GMT
#1494
I think its ridiculous that ANYONE doesn't like the cast as a whole. Everyone is smart and a quality player that knows what they are talking about.
Plus they are all entertaining to listen too as well! :D

As someone who has listened to all the Starcraft 2 Podcasts, State of the Game is the best podcast out there. It has evolved from a good show, too the best show out there!

Keep up the great work JP, INcontroL, Day[9], and Tyler
Gym, Video Games, Laundry.
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
October 13 2010 07:50 GMT
#1495
Love this cast. Love incontrol, and JP is a champ for doing all this. I don't really even care who the other guests are as long as JP and Incontrol are there. Can't go wrong imo.
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
illumination
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)248 Posts
October 13 2010 07:50 GMT
#1496
On October 13 2010 16:10 Hashbaz wrote:
Just want to throw in my vote against those who are saying day9 and tyler are weak/uninteresting parts of the show. I love the chemistry and interplay among the four regulars. Their personality types balance each other well.

Its not enough to say that day9 is good, you have to prove that he is better than the others. But we can have the best of both worlds. When something funny happens play a day9 laugh track. When we talk about game balance just remember that it took like 8 years to balance starcraft 1. When you guys talk about strategies just remember that day9 doesn't play that much and its a top level player. When you talk about scene news, i think som1 from korea (Artosis, TLO) would be far more useful than day9. Plus we always hear from day9 (daily, casts interviews) while we rarely get idra in a laidback environment. But then again maybe i should just chillax and enjoy~~
Welcome to TL - Where Terran have been teaching the Zerg / Toss pros how to play since Patch 11
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
October 13 2010 08:02 GMT
#1497
The map discussion (ladder and iccup) was a little.. uhm... "light on knowledge" :p.

Everything else was awesome.
FuriousJodo
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States212 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 08:06:11
October 13 2010 08:05 GMT
#1498
On October 13 2010 15:59 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 15:38 aznagent wrote:
Man I love Incontrol and his type of humour he brings to the podcast... but I think I kinda lost to some respect for him


That is crazy odd cause I was just thinking "I think I lost respect for aznagent" like 5 minutes after that cast roflfll

STRANGE

Nothing is crazy odd in a world where German accents sound British.

You guys do an entertaining round table though - I like the format, great job by JP putting this together and keeping it going and I enjoy all of the regulars.

Though for some reason my favorite moment is still when JP asked TLO about his match against oGsTOP.

"You're match...against oGsTOP!"
"Now I know it's hard for you to talk about because it never happened.."
http://www.youtube.com/FuriousJodo - SC2/Misc Gaming Commentary/etc
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
October 13 2010 08:06 GMT
#1499
On October 13 2010 14:33 frog HERO wrote:
Can we get cock horse on as a guest?


Yes please :3
Everyone needs a nemesis.
rally_point
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada458 Posts
October 13 2010 08:26 GMT
#1500
Just in case anyone wanted to see IdrA on CNN (as Artosis had mentioned in the cast), here it is:




Anyways huge thanks for the cast!
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Hyuk 237
Leta 228
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 25
Shinee 22
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 773
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8816
WinterStarcraft519
ArmadaUGS70
Nina64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2327
League of Legends
• Rush1470
• Lourlo1198
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 20m
INu's Battles
5h 20m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 20m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 20m
Replay Cast
16h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.