• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:05
CEST 15:05
KST 22:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7059 users

How many SC2 hours/day is the most efficient? - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
-HellZerg-
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 22:04:58
July 25 2010 22:04 GMT
#141
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


You realize that 4-6 hours of SC2 every day is not enough to be a SC2 pro-gamer right? We are not talking about playing SC2 as a hobby here.
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 22:08:48
July 25 2010 22:05 GMT
#142
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


I find it really hard to believe someone with high self-esteem would need to post a 4-paragraph long brag thread on an internet forum. Just wow.

4-6 hours is nothing compared to what progamers play, by the way.

On July 26 2010 07:02 kzn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:00 iEchoic wrote:
It's actually not subjective at all. Have you gone to college?

And that is subjective, because people have different interests, talents, abilities, speeds, and so forth.

And its not like you have to take a hard degree anyway.


You're just arguing semantics. Different degrees require different time commitments, you can call your local university and ask them and they'll tell you. I can't believe I'm arguing this, Jesus.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
vindKtiv
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States215 Posts
July 25 2010 22:05 GMT
#143
On July 26 2010 06:42 superbabosheki wrote:
For casual gamers that want to still be good at the game , 3-5 hours per day seems ideal and should be easy to fit into school/social life.

I don't believe in "progaming." The amount of time and dedication you have to put into the game is ridiculous, having to play at least 8 hours per day. Very few will make any sort of living playing this game in favor or finishing a degree or having any social life in general. There really is no stable future in playing video games.

I agree. For every one player who makes it, maybe four failed and crashed their life horribly. It just isn't something worth gambling for, not even if you know it is what you really, really want.

Honestly, if you want to be the next Flash, then you should be going 12+ hours a day. If you must be the best, then you must practice more than others. None of this "comprehension" stuff is going to get you anywhere, because if you are shooting for #1 and aren't practicing as much as you humanly can, then there is going to be someone out there who is and who will take you down on the way. Even if you want to be the next TLO/White-Ra/IdrA/anyone, I'd say a practice schedule that is near inhumane would be the only way to catch up to them.

The thing is, StarCraft is a competitive game. If you aren't #1, then you aren't a winner no matter what you tell yourself. So if you want to be #1, then you need to be practicing as much as you can because there is going to be someone who is if you don't. If you are shooting for Flash or even foreign pros, then if you don't go all in you are all out.

If you just want to be decent, then I don't see any reason why you should put yourself through misery. I myself practice only 2-3 hours a day maybe, sometimes even 0 hours if I'm busy with other stuff. Just play until you want to stop and listen to your body. It is just a game in the end.
Sabresandiego
Profile Joined July 2010
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 22:06:23
July 25 2010 22:06 GMT
#144
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


What you just said to me is that you don't play in excess, and are therefore not a victim of the problems I listed for people who DO play in excess. Try playing the game 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week instead of the 4-6 you do and you will see how real my list truly is.
Terran
Cpt.Nasty
Profile Joined June 2010
53 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 22:11:38
July 25 2010 22:10 GMT
#145


What you just said to me is that you don't play in excess, and are therefore not a victim of the problems I listed for people who DO play in excess. Try playing the game 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week instead of the 4-6 you do and you will see how real my list truly is.



Wouldn't this be most Korean Pro Gamers? Just look at how they live. Isn't there even a reality show about it somewhere?

I mean, don't we already do plenty of interviews with pro gamers? How many of the sc2 beta starts are unhealthy, unproductive douchebags with horrible health problems and no life?
Two
Profile Joined May 2010
United States95 Posts
July 25 2010 22:10 GMT
#146
On July 26 2010 07:06 Sabresandiego wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


What you just said to me is that you don't play in excess, and are therefore not a victim of the problems I listed for people who DO play in excess. Try playing the game 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week instead of the 4-6 you do and you will see how real my list truly is.


12 hours a day is for a pro gamer... someone who's life is dedicated to the game, not your average TeamLiquid member.
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
July 25 2010 22:10 GMT
#147
On July 26 2010 07:10 Two wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:06 Sabresandiego wrote:
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


What you just said to me is that you don't play in excess, and are therefore not a victim of the problems I listed for people who DO play in excess. Try playing the game 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week instead of the 4-6 you do and you will see how real my list truly is.


12 hours a day is for a pro gamer... someone who's life is dedicated to the game, not your average TeamLiquid member.


Quoting the original post:

"...To be a top of the line SC2 Pro Gamer ...."
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
Two
Profile Joined May 2010
United States95 Posts
July 25 2010 22:11 GMT
#148
On July 26 2010 07:04 ProHellZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


You realize that 4-6 hours of SC2 every day is not enough to be a SC2 pro-gamer right? We are not talking about playing SC2 as a hobby here.


Obviously... anyone who plays a game for 12 hours a day cannot fit a normal life in between a 24 hour day. You are arguing about nothing.
Two
Profile Joined May 2010
United States95 Posts
July 25 2010 22:12 GMT
#149
On July 26 2010 07:10 iEchoic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:10 Two wrote:
On July 26 2010 07:06 Sabresandiego wrote:
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


What you just said to me is that you don't play in excess, and are therefore not a victim of the problems I listed for people who DO play in excess. Try playing the game 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week instead of the 4-6 you do and you will see how real my list truly is.


12 hours a day is for a pro gamer... someone who's life is dedicated to the game, not your average TeamLiquid member.


Quoting the original post:

"...To be a top of the line SC2 Pro Gamer ...."


Quoting the original post:

"How many SC2 hours/day is the most efficient?"
kzn
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1218 Posts
July 25 2010 22:12 GMT
#150
On July 26 2010 07:05 iEchoic wrote:
You're just arguing semantics. Different degrees require different time commitments, you can call your local university and ask them and they'll tell you. I can't believe I'm arguing this, Jesus.


And you're arguing nonsense.

Different people can do a given task at different speeds.
Like a G6
Two
Profile Joined May 2010
United States95 Posts
July 25 2010 22:16 GMT
#151
On July 26 2010 07:12 kzn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:05 iEchoic wrote:
You're just arguing semantics. Different degrees require different time commitments, you can call your local university and ask them and they'll tell you. I can't believe I'm arguing this, Jesus.


And you're arguing nonsense.

Different people can do a given task at different speeds.


Exactly. Some people can go pro playing 6-8 hours a day when others need 10-12 for example...
Or if we're talking about school, that too.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
July 25 2010 22:16 GMT
#152
I try to practise about four hours a day when I can, and that tends to be enough to maintain Diamond-level skills and keep my casting sharp.

But really, it's all about what you're doing. Always always always review replays.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 22:18:38
July 25 2010 22:17 GMT
#153
On July 26 2010 07:12 kzn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:05 iEchoic wrote:
You're just arguing semantics. Different degrees require different time commitments, you can call your local university and ask them and they'll tell you. I can't believe I'm arguing this, Jesus.


And you're arguing nonsense.

Different people can do a given task at different speeds.


The degrees that I say take a lot of time require a large bulk of work which cannot be reduced significantly by understanding the material. I'm an engineering major and we're assigned things that take 4-16 hours to complete per assignment, simply because there is a lot of work. My teacher last semester would tell us how long it took him to complete the assignment, i.e. "it took me about 6 hours to finish, so I'd schedule about 8-12 for yourselves". A lot of engineering and science fields require huge time devotion unrelated to your skill/knowledge of the task.

Obviously if you don't know what you're doing, it will take longer. But you're not finishing your engineering work in 30 minutes. It's not economics. There are some degrees which force you to do a lot of work because the process develops skills. Some degrees are more focused on finding information - and if you already have that information, it will obviously be much faster.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
kzn
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1218 Posts
July 25 2010 22:18 GMT
#154
On July 26 2010 07:17 iEchoic wrote:
The degrees that I say take a lot of time require a large bulk of work which cannot be reduced significantly by understanding the material. I'm an engineering major and we're assigned things that take 4-16 hours to complete per assignment, simply because there is a lot of work. My teacher last semester would tell us how long it took him to complete the assignment, i.e. "it took me about 6 hours to finish, so I'd schedule about 8-12 for yourselves".


So what you should have said was "dont do engineering", not "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET GOOD GRADES".

If I'm really so wrong on this, then call up some universities and tell them they've got it backwards and don't know what they're talking about, because this is standard practice.


You're talking about the very hard end of the "difficulty spectrum" of degrees. There is no reason to assume that everyone is doing such a degree. I wouldn't touch engineering with a 10 foot pole even if I had the time.
Like a G6
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
July 25 2010 22:21 GMT
#155
On July 26 2010 07:18 kzn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:17 iEchoic wrote:
The degrees that I say take a lot of time require a large bulk of work which cannot be reduced significantly by understanding the material. I'm an engineering major and we're assigned things that take 4-16 hours to complete per assignment, simply because there is a lot of work. My teacher last semester would tell us how long it took him to complete the assignment, i.e. "it took me about 6 hours to finish, so I'd schedule about 8-12 for yourselves".

You're talking about the very hard end of the "difficulty spectrum" of degrees. There is no reason to assume that everyone is doing such a degree. I wouldn't touch engineering with a 10 foot pole even if I had the time.


Of course not, I'm just saying that people get mislead when they see people saying they can play SC2 10 hours a day and go to college and get good grades. This may not be possible based on their degree.

I think we agree now.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
-HellZerg-
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 22:23:22
July 25 2010 22:21 GMT
#156
On July 26 2010 07:11 Two wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2010 07:04 ProHellZerg wrote:
On July 26 2010 07:01 Two wrote:
On July 26 2010 06:45 Sabresandiego wrote:
You cant convince nerds to stop gaming 8 hours a day just like you cant convince fat people to stop eating all day (trust me I have tried). The bottom line is this: Excessive Gaming has the following negative effects on most people.

-Low productivity
-Poor Social Life
-Poor Health
-Ugly from lack of exercize and sun
-No girlfriend
-No self esteem
-No job, bad grades

However if you dont value any of the above things than feel free to game all day long every day. Its the same with fat people. If they would rather eat whatever they want and eat all the time, rather than look good and have good health it is the choice they made. When they are in the hospital with heart disease 20 years later, they can only blame themselves. As for the gamer, when you are 40-50 and broke with no wife or gf and no longer a progamer you have only yourself to thank.


I'm pretty sure this is all wrong. I'm 19 and have been playing Blizzard games since 98. I do play competatively and it hasn't changed my life in any way, if anything it's made my life better. If you let the game become your reality, it might change you. I have a girlfriend, I get straight A's in my Univeristy classes, I'm tan, I have an above average ripped body.

All of what you said I have to disagree on. I plan on playing starcraft 4-6 hours a day of solid competative play.

-High productivity
-Active social life (Starcraft community and real life)
-Great Health (Eating right, Working out, Staying away from parties [NOT KILLING MY LIVER])
-Sexy from lots of exercize and sun ;D
-Awesome girlfriend
-High self esteem
-Good job, Good grades

Now what you posted might of been describing you, but not most of us here imo. Try not being a jerk, it's not nice =]


You realize that 4-6 hours of SC2 every day is not enough to be a SC2 pro-gamer right? We are not talking about playing SC2 as a hobby here.


Obviously... anyone who plays a game for 12 hours a day cannot fit a normal life in between a 24 hour day. You are arguing about nothing.


And your arguments are even more pointless. All of your points do not apply to someone who already is on a path to becoming a SC2 pro-gamer.
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
jabberwokie
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada142 Posts
July 25 2010 22:22 GMT
#157
Your question is oxymoronic. What volume will determine efficiency? Volume and efficiency aren't dependant, one does not affect the other.

My advice for efficient practice (or perhaps more appropriately effective development) is to divide focus between practice, observation, analysis and dialog. If you don't practice you can't develop execution. If you don't think about what you're doing and analyze it then you for-fit the possibility of insight. If you have no insight you will find it difficult to engage in meaning full dialog. If you restrict yourself to independent development by neglecting dialog then you miss the benefit of other peoples insights. Winning is the product of combining insight and execution better then your opponent.
kzn
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1218 Posts
July 25 2010 22:22 GMT
#158
On July 26 2010 07:21 iEchoic wrote:
Of course not, I'm just saying that people get mislead when they see people saying they can play SC2 10 hours a day and go to college and get good grades. This may not be possible based on their degree.

I think we agree now.


Well, yes. But its not a given that you can't manage an education along with 10-12 hours of SC2 per day. For some people, perhaps they will even choose their degree to enable that (hint: pick philosophy).

My point was that the idiot I initially quoted was vastly overgeneralizing on at least the two points I quoted (and really, on every point).
Like a G6
FindingPride
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1001 Posts
July 25 2010 22:24 GMT
#159
dont bother practicing if you dont feel like playing. You wont learn a thing. Best advice is to span it out in 2-3 hour practices 3 times a day and take 1 day off a week.
FatkiddsLag
Profile Joined May 2010
United States413 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-25 22:25:28
July 25 2010 22:24 GMT
#160
Idra says that NA players do not play enough. He may think that Koreans play too much, but that's way better than playing too little. Huk is over rated and when real players start performing and learning the game he will not stand a chance. Pro Korean players play 12-14 hours a day for a reason and if you are serious about being a pro gamer then I wouldn't suggest doing any less than 10 hours a day. But the quality of playing does matter. If you play trash then you will get no better. Find a good practice partner.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 963
RotterdaM474
TKL 199
SteadfastSC178
Rex112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 474
ByuN 276
TKL 199
SteadfastSC 178
Rex 112
Codebar 30
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37142
Shuttle 2264
Jaedong 941
Horang2 805
Bisu 672
Soulkey 487
Mini 360
Stork 345
EffOrt 296
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 241
BeSt 237
Soma 216
Snow 168
ZerO 154
Last 151
Rush 151
Mong 142
firebathero 142
Zeus 93
Free 93
910 79
sorry 70
Mind 66
Hyun 66
Sharp 56
Pusan 51
PianO 51
hero 47
Shinee 40
Yoon 39
Shine 36
JYJ 32
Bale 27
Sexy 25
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3901
Dendi1134
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1191
edward180
fl0m57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King200
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes499
Lowko303
Other Games
gofns77999
singsing2312
B2W.Neo320
hiko290
DeMusliM216
Pyrionflax179
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX62
QueenE55
Trikslyr37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1501
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1486
• Jankos1328
• TFBlade361
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 55m
The PondCast
20h 55m
INu's Battles
21h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.