• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:35
CEST 04:35
KST 11:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9149 users

Build order tester (Modified & updated)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 09:22:40
May 27 2010 22:17 GMT
#1
As most of you know qxc made a basic build order tester and if any of you have been following the development of the thread, then you probably know that I continued his work and fixed bugs along with adding standard maps, functionality and perfect spawn and time accuracy. Now I think I've solved most of the bugs and I thought I'd make a new thread to make bug reporting, updating and adding more functionality to it, since it's freaking awesome!

------------------------------------------------------------ Current Version ------------------------------------------------------------
Desert Oasis: v1.0 - Localized - Current version - Download link:
With hotkeys:
+ Show Spoiler +
With hotkeys: http://www.sectorfive.net/(2) Desert Oasis - BT - 1 - With hotkeys - Localized.SC2Map
New features:
- Fixed localization bug where you would get weird param values (By: Zeke50100)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


What is the build tester?
It lets you start off at a starting point on the map and it gives you 6 scvs/probes/drones and you can test your build order. If you want to try again, you just use the hotkeys to restart and try again. With the new features you have the possibility to see how long your last build took, how much minerals/gas you extracted in that time and what your supply was.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Hotkeys:
ctrl + z = Restart as zerg (on current spawnpoint)
ctrl + x = Restart as terran (on current spawnpoint)
ctrl + c = Restart as protoss (on current spawnpoint)
ctrl + v = Restart map for new random spawnpoint

What's next in development?
The next objective is to add the possibility to have units attack you at a certain time. This is to test your builds versus timing attacks. So if you have a or several timing attacks that you want included, just write them in this thread with the following info:
- Name of the timing attack
- What time it should occur
- What and how many units should be in it

Other:
If you are experiencing any problems/bugs or have any suggestions for what you would like to see in the next version, just write a comment in the thread and I'll see what I can do asap. Also, I'll be adding all standard maps if there are no bugs with the current version.

(When opening the files start the SC2 Editor and use the "open file"-command instead of double clicking the map)




------------------------------------------------------------ Previous Updates ------------------------------------------------------------
Desert Oasis: v1.0:
With hotkeys:
+ Show Spoiler +
With hotkeys: new version available
No hotkeys:
+ Show Spoiler +
With hotkeys: new version available

New features:
- Added possibility to see what your supply, total mined gas and minerals were on your last try
- Fixed gas disappearing problem
- Fixed mined minerals not returning upon reset
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Version 0.13
- Added Lost Temple
- Added Steppes of war

Download links:
Desert Oasis: v0.13:
+ Show Spoiler +
new version available

Lost Temple: v0.13:
+ Show Spoiler +
new version available

Steppes of war: v0.13:
+ Show Spoiler +
new version available

Changes:
- Added "previous supply" (The supply limit you reached on your previous run)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




Desert Oasis: v0.12
- Fixed and locked speed as "faster"

Desert Oasis: v0.11
Added:
-Original maps with multiple spawnpoints:
* Desert oasis
- Spawns are now map-originals and not modified (faster and 100% accurate to the maps)
- Support for zerg (no need to restart map)
- Timer along with timer for the previous run (so that u can see how much u improved):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Hotkeys:
ctrl + z = Restart as zerg (on current spawnpoint)
ctrl + x = Restart as terran (on current spawnpoint)
ctrl + c = Restart as protoss (on current spawnpoint)
ctrl + v = Restart map for new random spawnpoint

Or no hotkeys:
Type z and press enter = Restart as zerg (on current spawnpoint)
Type p and press enter = Restart as protoss (on current spawnpoint)
Type t and press enter = Restart as terran (on current spawnpoint)
Type re and press enter = Restart map for new random spawnpoint

If there is a need and there are no bugs, ill add even more maps!
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
Adeeler
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom764 Posts
May 27 2010 22:33 GMT
#2
Cool I dabbled tweaking the original map only got so far as to get 2 zealots to spawn for an enemy but couldn't get them to come attack me. I'd have to go get them or just spawn them much closer to my expansion.
Gunman_csz
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United Arab Emirates492 Posts
May 27 2010 22:35 GMT
#3
Thank you, will try them out
Began Starcraft journey on 5th May 2009
AmbitiousNub
Profile Joined May 2010
United States44 Posts
May 28 2010 01:43 GMT
#4
might just be my rig, but the first link worked. However, when I was in game I got this very weird param error. SS below

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also the second link downloaded a map that when opened, turns out to be blank. Dunno if this is just a bug on my end or not. Thought I'd mention it.
Kinslayer
Profile Joined April 2010
United States129 Posts
May 28 2010 01:50 GMT
#5
Thank you guys for putting the time to make this and share it
vicpro
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada18 Posts
May 28 2010 01:59 GMT
#6
On May 28 2010 10:43 AmbitiousNub wrote:
might just be my rig, but the first link worked. However, when I was in game I got this very weird param error. SS below

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also the second link downloaded a map that when opened, turns out to be blank. Dunno if this is just a bug on my end or not. Thought I'd mention it.

seconding this.
lolwut?
monkh
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom568 Posts
May 28 2010 02:48 GMT
#7
On May 28 2010 10:43 AmbitiousNub wrote:
might just be my rig, but the first link worked. However, when I was in game I got this very weird param error. SS below

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also the second link downloaded a map that when opened, turns out to be blank. Dunno if this is just a bug on my end or not. Thought I'd mention it.




i think not 100% sure this has something to do with different regions
Daeden.620
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 03:19:36
May 28 2010 03:03 GMT
#8
On May 28 2010 10:59 vicpro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2010 10:43 AmbitiousNub wrote:
might just be my rig, but the first link worked. However, when I was in game I got this very weird param error. SS below

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also the second link downloaded a map that when opened, turns out to be blank. Dunno if this is just a bug on my end or not. Thought I'd mention it.

seconding this.


The param-values have to do with localization. Where are you from? I read this on a forum regarding an application that fixes the localization (wierd param-values) automatically. Maybe you could try that and see if it works?
Link to thread: http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/16/view/708/next-allin1-launcher-will-auto-fix-your-map-localization-issues-for-you
Link to application: http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcrack-allin1/

When you open the second map, do you double click it or do you use "open file" in the SCII editor? If you havent tried the second option, please do and tell me if it still turns out blank or if it works
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
Adeeler
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom764 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 03:19:12
May 28 2010 03:16 GMT
#9
I've gotten ghost builds/units coming in when you type certain commands. Just need a proper list of the times that things come in at to make them come in on timers rather then right after typing in the command as thats not intuitive.

So if ppl can play with the map and tell me the good times for the following rushs i'll also work on these for the next update of this version of the map rather then qxc's as this one zerg resets without reloading it says.

6lings with 6/8 pool timings
2gate lots
2gate -> 4gate lots&stalkers
reapers
fast v-ray
bunker rush marine
bunker rush reaper

Maybe i'll finally be able to handle 2-4 gate lots for once with some training
Generico
Profile Joined May 2010
United States39 Posts
May 28 2010 03:17 GMT
#10
I'm also getting the param/value/hex error using Desert Oasis: v1.0. I tried opening it via dragging the file onto the SC2 beta shortcut, and also through the map editor, both of which produce the same error. I have the North America client.
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." -Sun Tzu
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
May 28 2010 03:19 GMT
#11
I'm getting the param error too. I'm using the US version.
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 03:22:13
May 28 2010 03:20 GMT
#12
On May 28 2010 12:17 Generico wrote:
I'm also getting the param/value/hex error using Desert Oasis: v1.0. I tried opening it via dragging the file onto the SC2 beta shortcut, and also through the map editor, both of which produce the same error. I have the North America client.

Great, or it's not great that you have the error, but maybe then u could try the application that I wrote about in my previous comment and see if it works for you?

On May 28 2010 12:19 Chaoz wrote:
I'm getting the param error too. I'm using the US version.

Same goes for you sir, if you don't mind testing that is?


On May 28 2010 12:20 AmbitiousNub wrote:
USA

and I tried the open file method in the editor, worked just fine then.

Still getting the Param error. How should I fix these locaization issues?

Same tip here. If that works then there won't be any more problems with localization for anyone.
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
AmbitiousNub
Profile Joined May 2010
United States44 Posts
May 28 2010 03:20 GMT
#13
USA

and I tried the open file method in the editor, worked just fine then.

Still getting the Param error. How should I fix these locaization issues?
Zeke50100
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2220 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 03:26:38
May 28 2010 03:21 GMT
#14
It's developed with the EU client, so you guys will have to manually localize the file yourself.

If you guys want, I can take the map and upload a Localized version for US and EU.
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
May 28 2010 03:23 GMT
#15
On May 28 2010 12:21 Zeke50100 wrote:
It's developed with the EU client, so you guys will have to manually localize the file yourself.

If you guys want, I can take the map and upload a Localized version for US and EU.
Yeah, that'd be great. You can mail me the link and ill upload it to my ftp-server and make it available in the topic.
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 03:33:10
May 28 2010 03:27 GMT
#16
On May 28 2010 12:16 Adeeler wrote:
I've gotten ghost builds/units coming in when you type certain commands. Just need a proper list of the times that things come in at to make them come in on timers rather then right after typing in the command as thats not intuitive.

So if ppl can play with the map and tell me the good times for the following rushs i'll also work on these for the next update of this version of the map rather then qxc's as this one zerg resets without reloading it says.

6lings with 6/8 pool timings
2gate lots
2gate -> 4gate lots&stalkers
reapers
fast v-ray
bunker rush marine
bunker rush reaper

Maybe i'll finally be able to handle 2-4 gate lots for once with some training

I'll look into this tomorrow after work and see if I can make an easy way to do this, but just like you I'll still be needing the times of the attacks (and the number/types of units) for those timing attacks. I'll update the thread.

Or maybe I could just do a setting where you get to pick the units you want along with the time when you want to be attacked?
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
May 28 2010 03:38 GMT
#17
I'm getting the param error too. I'm using the US version.
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 03:51:06
May 28 2010 03:40 GMT
#18
On May 28 2010 12:38 Chaoz wrote:
I'm getting the param error too. I'm using the US version.

Did you try the allin1-application that I wrote about in the previous comment? 6 am here, time for bed. Will check the thread tomorrow!
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
Zeke50100
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2220 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 04:36:00
May 28 2010 04:33 GMT
#19
I have re-updated all of the Localization files and (hopefully) fixed the Parameter problems. Here's a link to the Mediafire version, which you can use until he adds it to his FPS server for a direct download:

Download!

I've tested the US client, and it works. It should also work with all other localizations. Let me know if it doesn't work, since isbunk is sleeping ^_^

Note: For some reason, Mediafire seems to be unable to load for me, so you might end up having to wait anyways D: Also, this is the hotkey version. I'll localize the non-hotkeys if people want it.
Herpulies
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 04:55:59
May 28 2010 04:54 GMT
#20
I've also just spent the last hour figuring out how to localize this, and got it to work

Not sure where to upload it to to share it, but if anyone else wants to do it here's the guide

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24401905497&sid=5010

looks really long, but to sum it up..
1. download the MPQ Editor
2. Open the Map
3. Extract
4. Go to folder, open the enGB.SC2Data folder copy both text files
5. Go to the enUS.SC2Data folder paste and replace the existing ones
6. Go back to the MPQ editor and create new MPQ file, name it, make it from the folder you were just playing around in. next next etc
7. Go to the folder (it saves it in the same folder as the mpq editor) and rename it from *.mpq to *.sc2map

8. Ding Dang Do... play on!

(sounds more complicated then it is)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft521
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft521
WinterStarcraft408
RuFF_SC2 163
PiLiPiLi 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1137
White-Ra 196
Hyuk 59
Noble 57
Bale 25
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4508
Counter-Strike
taco 637
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox707
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor667
Other Games
summit1g9972
Coldzera 855
C9.Mang0311
JimRising 103
ViBE64
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21467
League of Legends
• Lourlo388
• Stunt129
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 25m
Online Event
8h 25m
FEL
13h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.