• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:15
CEST 13:15
KST 20:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8949 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 148

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 170 Next
repti_Lian
Profile Joined June 2012
Czech Republic11 Posts
August 10 2012 20:50 GMT
#2941
Ok thx for information..
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
August 11 2012 22:06 GMT
#2942
So what exactly is the sc2gears private streamer for? Why would anyone use that over like xsplit+twitch?
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
Torpedo.Vegas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1890 Posts
August 11 2012 22:28 GMT
#2943
Has Dakota been contacted by Blizzard yet? I know I've said this before but this program is too epic to not get a nod from I would think.
TyPsi5
Profile Joined May 2010
United States204 Posts
August 11 2012 23:29 GMT
#2944
I really just want to use the private streaming thing so I can record my games, but when I look at the capture video: VLC says it cannot determine the file type
ReRabbit
Profile Joined August 2011
Brazil10 Posts
August 12 2012 00:12 GMT
#2945

Dakota, your SC2gears is really a terrific tool !

The new private streaming is a great feature, and I am trying to use it to record my games and look at my mechanics. This works perfectly by saving it to a file. The only problem is that I don't see the mouse cursor positions when I look at the video, it seems like the mouse cursor during the game is not registered. Would this be something you can add ?

TyPsi5, I have the same problem with VLC, but with Windows Media Player it works fine, so I just use WMP
TyPsi5
Profile Joined May 2010
United States204 Posts
August 12 2012 00:41 GMT
#2946
Thanks ReRabbit, you're doing god's work.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
August 12 2012 12:51 GMT
#2947
On August 12 2012 07:06 Belial88 wrote:
So what exactly is the sc2gears private streamer for? Why would anyone use that over like xsplit+twitch?

This has been asked before. I just quote my answer from there:

On July 27 2012 04:19 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 00:18 bITt.mAN wrote:
This is really cool, and I'm quite amazed by what you're doing.

I'm curious though, why is it you're implementing a Streaming feature? It could really change things, but isn't this the sort of project that would require more resources than just a (albeit quite skilled) one-man-team? Could you explain what your reasoning for this is, and how you would reply to the claim "you're looking to challenge the fully-functional, satisfactory services provided by other free streaming providers"?

Those "fully-functional, satisfactory" services exist for quite some time now, yet not everyone who would like to stream uses them...
They are often not trivial to setup and use. The streaming feature in Sc2gears literally can be started with one click. Another reason can be not everyone wants to run 10 supplementary software while playing Starcraft II. Also many of those cannot be viewed on all platforms (like cell phones). Sc2gears streaming solves this problem.

This streaming feature does not want to be a replacement or a contender to the streaming services, as this is unique and different in many aspects. Sc2gears streaming will never replace a service where there are many (tens, hundreds or thousands of) clients, since in this case the streaming server is your computer. This is more like a private video streaming feature (exactly what its name states) to share your screen or activity with your friend(s).
If you want to show something to your friend, let's say how to setup Sc2gears or how to analyze your games, you would not register on twitch and download their client, install it etc. just so you can show your live action to your friend. With Sc2gears, you just click once, send the link to your friend, and your goal is achieved.

As to "would require more resources than just a one-man-team": I'd say Sc2gears itself (including the Sc2gears Database, Parsing service etc.) without the video streaming feature is also more than a one-man job (bigger than the feature in question), yet I think it's doing okay.

In short: this is much more simple to use and does not require any additional software from both the streamer and from the stream viewers. This can also be viewed from cell phones.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
August 12 2012 12:52 GMT
#2948
On August 12 2012 07:28 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
Has Dakota been contacted by Blizzard yet? I know I've said this before but this program is too epic to not get a nod from I would think.

Nope. In fact when I was asking for help in regarding the replay format from Blizzard, I wasn't given any help or answer...
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
August 12 2012 12:54 GMT
#2949
On August 12 2012 09:12 ReRabbit wrote:

Dakota, your SC2gears is really a terrific tool !

The new private streaming is a great feature, and I am trying to use it to record my games and look at my mechanics. This works perfectly by saving it to a file. The only problem is that I don't see the mouse cursor positions when I look at the video, it seems like the mouse cursor during the game is not registered. Would this be something you can add ?

TyPsi5, I have the same problem with VLC, but with Windows Media Player it works fine, so I just use WMP

Yes, mouse cursor could be added...

Btw, "terrific"means bad. Did you really mean to say that? Or you meant the opposite just used the wrong word?
https://repmastered.icza.net
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
August 12 2012 13:19 GMT
#2950
On August 12 2012 21:54 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 09:12 ReRabbit wrote:

Dakota, your SC2gears is really a terrific tool !

The new private streaming is a great feature, and I am trying to use it to record my games and look at my mechanics. This works perfectly by saving it to a file. The only problem is that I don't see the mouse cursor positions when I look at the video, it seems like the mouse cursor during the game is not registered. Would this be something you can add ?

TyPsi5, I have the same problem with VLC, but with Windows Media Player it works fine, so I just use WMP

Yes, mouse cursor could be added...

Btw, "terrific"means bad. Did you really mean to say that? Or you meant the opposite just used the wrong word?


Terrific equals to "incredible" or "amazing" :D
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-12 14:13:10
August 12 2012 14:12 GMT
#2951
On August 12 2012 22:19 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 21:54 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On August 12 2012 09:12 ReRabbit wrote:

Dakota, your SC2gears is really a terrific tool !

The new private streaming is a great feature, and I am trying to use it to record my games and look at my mechanics. This works perfectly by saving it to a file. The only problem is that I don't see the mouse cursor positions when I look at the video, it seems like the mouse cursor during the game is not registered. Would this be something you can add ?

TyPsi5, I have the same problem with VLC, but with Windows Media Player it works fine, so I just use WMP

Yes, mouse cursor could be added...

Btw, "terrific"means bad. Did you really mean to say that? Or you meant the opposite just used the wrong word?


Terrific equals to "incredible" or "amazing" :D

Oops, looks I mixed it up with "terrible" then. Nm then.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Valeranth
Profile Joined August 2010
United States100 Posts
August 12 2012 14:20 GMT
#2952
Just updated and it works great. I have to say though, I don't like the new private stream thing. It seems like that is such a large undertaking that it should be in its own program. It also has nothing to do with replay analysis. But then that is just me.

Any chance on every making it the multi-replay analysis can tell you the win rate of your last (10|20|50) games vs a certain race?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
August 12 2012 14:27 GMT
#2953
On August 12 2012 23:20 Valeranth wrote:
Just updated and it works great. I have to say though, I don't like the new private stream thing. It seems like that is such a large undertaking that it should be in its own program. It also has nothing to do with replay analysis. But then that is just me.

Any chance on every making it the multi-replay analysis can tell you the win rate of your last (10|20|50) games vs a certain race?

It can tell you now. List your replays, and only select the last 10|20|50 replays, right click => Multi-rep analysis. Now every statistics you'll see only applies to your last 10|20|50 games.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Carlotto
Profile Joined July 2011
France49 Posts
August 12 2012 14:30 GMT
#2954
On August 12 2012 23:20 Valeranth wrote:
Just updated and it works great. I have to say though, I don't like the new private stream thing. It seems like that is such a large undertaking that it should be in its own program. It also has nothing to do with replay analysis. But then that is just me.

Any chance on every making it the multi-replay analysis can tell you the win rate of your last (10|20|50) games vs a certain race?

It’s called SC2gears, not SC2ReplayAnalyzer; it already has many features that are not replay analysis.
ReRabbit
Profile Joined August 2011
Brazil10 Posts
August 12 2012 20:13 GMT
#2955
On August 12 2012 21:54 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 09:12 ReRabbit wrote:

Dakota, your SC2gears is really a terrific tool !

The new private streaming is a great feature, and I am trying to use it to record my games and look at my mechanics. This works perfectly by saving it to a file. The only problem is that I don't see the mouse cursor positions when I look at the video, it seems like the mouse cursor during the game is not registered. Would this be something you can add ?

TyPsi5, I have the same problem with VLC, but with Windows Media Player it works fine, so I just use WMP

Yes, mouse cursor could be added...

Btw, "terrific"means bad. Did you really mean to say that? Or you meant the opposite just used the wrong word?



Great! If you can add the mouse cursor then it is very easy to analyze the mechanics of my play based on the video generated.

Thanks, DigMouse for the clarification. Terrific=amazing=really great=.., I use the tool all the time ;-)
Cambam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States360 Posts
August 13 2012 03:42 GMT
#2956
I can't get my replay auto-save feature working. I'm wondering if it's because my SC2 is installed on the C drive, but the SC2 autosave source folder is located on the D drive. The options in sc2gears says "relative to user home" which makes me think it is looking on the C drive. How can I fix this?
Cambam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States360 Posts
August 13 2012 05:22 GMT
#2957
Got it working, nevermind.
Monsteuh
Profile Joined January 2011
France6 Posts
August 13 2012 23:07 GMT
#2958
I don't know if it has been already answered but can we see with SC2gear the difference between F-keys and move screen ?
And F-keys = hotkeys ? Or is it inaction? Thanks.
Costolol
Furlqt
Profile Joined July 2011
United States23 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 01:11:18
August 14 2012 01:10 GMT
#2959
On August 14 2012 08:07 Monsteuh wrote:
I don't know if it has been already answered but can we see with SC2gear the difference between F-keys and move screen ?


No, that's not available in the replay data.
EyeSeeEm
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany18 Posts
August 14 2012 10:27 GMT
#2960
On August 14 2012 10:10 Furlqt wrote:

No, that's not available in the replay data.


I made a suggestion about this a couple days ago, that camera hotkeys and clicks on the minimap should be counted towards one's APM as well. As double-tapping a hotkey to move the camera to a unit is counted, it only seems fair and representative that these count as well.

As all camera movements (hotkey, minimap, scrolling) are recorded the same in replays, I made the suggestion that only camera movements above a certain threshold of movement could be counted. That way scrolling would not count, while the other two would.
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 654
WardiTV218
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11902
StarCastTV_EN365
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko274
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14019
Bisu 3836
Jaedong 3580
EffOrt 1139
BeSt 892
ZerO 446
Horang2 436
Pusan 263
Larva 240
actioN 232
[ Show more ]
Zeus 222
Hyun 139
Mind 133
Barracks 87
ggaemo 71
Killer 47
Yoon 47
scan(afreeca) 44
Sharp 43
NotJumperer 38
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 30
Sacsri 21
Hm[arnc] 21
Sea.KH 15
Terrorterran 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi116
League of Legends
JimRising 377
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1620
byalli776
Other Games
crisheroes247
Pyrionflax175
dupreeh101
Mew2King67
DeMusliM58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1299
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 46m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.