• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:32
CEST 20:32
KST 03:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8424 users

Which commentators are worth watching? - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 16:47:38
May 09 2010 16:47 GMT
#81
- double post sry -
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
May 09 2010 16:58 GMT
#82
Platinum, I enjoy listening to DJ Wheat, TotalBiscuit, Day9, chill Husky and the glhv.tv
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
May 09 2010 17:00 GMT
#83
day9, rise, diggity, psyonic, dj wheat, joseki, raelcun

orb needs to be deleted from the internet.
bull0563
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
112 Posts
May 09 2010 17:01 GMT
#84
if you are from the netherlands you should try out blizzboys.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
May 09 2010 17:03 GMT
#85
I think XDlove on PLU is actually the best. He comments live games almost everyday and he used to be a very competitive player (kind of like Day[9]). Too bad it's not in English.
:]
Eventh
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway45 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 17:29:13
May 09 2010 17:28 GMT
#86
Day9 is the best commentator. Of the youtube commentators i prefer PsY. Surprised not more are following him.

I think that HD and H to the usky husky has to many gimmicks and lacks a bit of game knowledge that the top rated players/commentators have.

Edit: and djWheat just plays the most awful music during breaks.
s031720
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden383 Posts
May 09 2010 17:29 GMT
#87
I have bookmarked alot of casters and not so many streamers, but the ones I tend to come back to frequently is:

Day9 is ofcourse given, but kinda hard to find his stuff lately.
Psystarcraft - Zergplayer. To few of those casting, + funny aslong as he dosent censor his language, as he seems to have been doing lately.
Blizshouter - Dont know really why I like this awkward caster, but I do. Not superhigh-level wich motivates me to play, since I feel I should be able to play equally good.
Ive only seen one cast with Greetorp, but that was really super great so I have no doubt that he will become one of my absolute favourites.
Just another noob
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
May 09 2010 17:37 GMT
#88
Has Tasteless done any commentating yet?
Ive seen all the major tournies so far and haven't heard him but I was curious since it is easy to miss things what with all the hustle and bustle of the scene emerging.
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
stork4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1036 Posts
May 09 2010 17:39 GMT
#89
less known commentors like nukethestars and ranshin are pretty entertaining when you just want to watch a game without worrying about the technical aspect. They also give pretty good hype videos.

I miss klazart and cholera =(

Moletrap/digigty are still trucking, dont leave us!
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
May 09 2010 17:53 GMT
#90
DJwheat and Day9 were good. With Day9 being more analytical and DJwheat being there for color, they were quite effective together.

Tasteless and Superdanielman were fine as well... and if there were ever a lady commentator i'd watch...
Beasttwo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada49 Posts
May 09 2010 18:05 GMT
#91
Whenever i see Gretorp on i always watch him. hes just very detailed and doesn't rage quit or rage at all. and hes good looking!
Even the best fall down sometimes
Prototype
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden56 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 18:26:51
May 09 2010 18:23 GMT
#92
I'm going to go against the common consensus and say that Day9 is overrated. Good, but overrated. I find it hard to swallow his constant hyperbole and I really don't like the way he accentuates certain phrases. He is knowledgeable, but as a result he is very opinionated and as such his often normative 'advice' is best suited to a player that shares his approach to the game. As with any commentator its best not to take him at face value.

And yes, the face-cam.

As for the 'best' commentators, I will say BW, and I will say Korean. Observant, funny and analytical - and I get all that without even knowing the language. (I'm half-serious here!)
"Do we live to play, or do we play to live?"
Cham
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
797 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 18:44:17
May 09 2010 18:43 GMT
#93
Does Superiorwolf still do commentary? I remember him getting quite good at commentating and noticed remarkable improvements. I really enjoy watching Klazart's youtube channel even though I believe he has retired. As for SC2, I love GLHF channel and Day 9 of course~
Blekk101
Profile Joined April 2010
9 Posts
May 09 2010 18:47 GMT
#94
Tasteless is the best caster, Day[9] with a close second. DjWHEAT is fun to have commentating. Everyone else's voices crack and don't know what they are talking about.
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
May 09 2010 18:52 GMT
#95
LZgamer,Orb and of course Day9 ^_^
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
Utred
Profile Joined February 2010
Belgium16 Posts
May 09 2010 19:07 GMT
#96
Day9 is very good. But his daily cast is too long imo. I cba watching a 1 hour cast every day.
I really like Psy's casts on youtube on his own games, very enjoyable and he taught me a lot.
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
May 09 2010 19:31 GMT
#97
The games on the starcraftlegacy youtube channel are usually pretty good - Crota knows what he's talking about and his voice doesn't crack.
Dylancool2
Profile Joined June 2009
81 Posts
May 09 2010 19:32 GMT
#98
On May 09 2010 03:39 Trapist wrote:
I like watching Vyanta/Attero.


He is one of my favorite, i also enjoy watching HD and Husky on youtube... but when it comes to live stream Vyanta is my all time favorite.
Your as annoying as a Reaver drop.
Artifex
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Belgium189 Posts
May 09 2010 19:35 GMT
#99
I very much like watching Eek's stream and listen to his comments on the game.
Fear. Fear that the zerg are expanding all over the map and there's nothing you can do. The Swarm. Your doom. Now is the time to panic. The terran and protoss are trying to survive. The Zerg are trying to obliterate them. - Stane
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 19:55:09
May 09 2010 19:40 GMT
#100
Day9 and Chill are typically the commentators I go to for professional SC 2 commentaries. There are a lot of other commentators who possess the knowledge, but their names don't stand out for me yet either because they're not as entertaining or because they don't commentate as much. Certainly, people like Nony, Orb, and give excellent analysis, but I feel there's more to commentary than analysis, though Nony is sometimes highly entertaining in a subtle way. Joseki, Raelcun, and Diggity are good, too, though I haven't been following them much.

Tasteless - I haven't seen him commentate SC 2. If we're going to consider BW, then yeah, the Artosis-Tasteless duo was great as a counterpart to the Day9-Chill duo. But neither of them have been commentating SC 2 as far as I can recall. Maybe someone can correct me on this.

Rise is a great commentator for non-technical people. His commentary in the USA vs. Canada matches was hilarious. I have a friend who watches SC 2 for entertainment and who simply loves Rise's commentary because it's accessible and funny. He isn't bothered by Rise's non-technical style and in fact thinks that might be a good thing. I think TheGunrun is similar.

HD & Husky are closer in knowledge to Rise than Day9 & Chill, but closer in style to Day9 & Chill than Rise. I like their synergy, but do echo the sentiment that if they're going to follow the Day9 & Chill style of commentary - a style that I consider analytic rather than just entertaining - then more knowledge about the top SC 2 scene is a good thing.

Haven't heard too much from DjWheat, but I certainly don't have an issue with his commentary. I think he might throw the F-bomb a little too much for mainstream commentary, though

For non-English commentators, I rather like Zerator. Even though I cannot understand French, the dude is funny in a way that translates across linguistic barriers.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 279
ProTech165
BRAT_OK 48
MindelVK 28
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25898
Shuttle 679
Hyuk 167
White-Ra 103
Dewaltoss 102
firebathero 74
Trap 50
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 19
Bale 18
[ Show more ]
Rock 17
Shine 17
Dota 2
Gorgc9391
qojqva1608
Counter-Strike
fl0m1704
Fnx 839
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1323
Khaldor1286
Grubby984
Liquid`Hasu453
Other Games
summit1g3048
FrodaN1756
Beastyqt549
XBOCT291
Mlord291
ArmadaUGS196
C9.Mang0161
QueenE84
CosmosSc2 21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH322
• StrangeGG 69
• Hinosc 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 28m
Online Event
16h 28m
FEL
21h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.