• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:00
CEST 21:00
KST 04:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9547 users

Which commentators are worth watching? - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Greth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Belgium318 Posts
May 28 2010 09:32 GMT
#181
If anyone is interested in completely pointless entertainment, I will start claiming to be the best.
youtube.com/grethsc

THAT'S RIGHT!
http://youtube.com/grethsc
yesitsrob
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom43 Posts
May 28 2010 09:48 GMT
#182
I think Wheat is by far the most professional commentator out there, he just lacks a bit of knowledge on the game, but him co-commentating with an experienced player who is also a decent commentator (like day9) is an excellent combo.
Rikerr
Profile Joined April 2010
United States69 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 09:55:25
May 28 2010 09:53 GMT
#183
Day9 is awesome. I enjoy Psy's commentaries also. otter pops fuckin rule!
Gretorp is good to watch. djWheat is a good commentator as well.
We dont take kindly to folks that dont take kindley around here...
Ghad
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway2551 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 10:13:31
May 28 2010 10:12 GMT
#184
On May 28 2010 18:11 Tobastov wrote:
Who is the guy that commentates the Asia vs. Europe showmatches with Day9? He seems pretty decent.


Gretorp Agree him and Day9 does an excellent job together.


I still got a mancrush on Psy though.
forgottendreams: One underage girl, two drunk guys, one gogo dancer and starcraft 2. Apparently just another day in Europe.
slowmanrunning
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada285 Posts
May 28 2010 10:50 GMT
#185
day[9] and lz gamer's channels are great for all around commentary, as far as race specific I play zerg so some good one's (don't expect too much commentating) for z are

HarlequinNight's Channel
Steven.Bonnell.II's Channel (so far the most amusing)
TelecOm1's Channel
I aim to become a hydralisk and then stop posting, cause I don't wanna be a queen...
heynes
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany201 Posts
May 28 2010 10:53 GMT
#186
Who cares about sc2 i want JD vs Flash with commentary by chill and the storm observer !
Ghad
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway2551 Posts
May 28 2010 11:22 GMT
#187
On May 28 2010 19:50 slowmanrunning wrote:
Steven.Bonnell.II's Channel (so far the most amusing)


http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Steven.Bonnell.II

Holy crap this boy is a genius.
forgottendreams: One underage girl, two drunk guys, one gogo dancer and starcraft 2. Apparently just another day in Europe.
SureYouCan
Profile Joined May 2010
United States38 Posts
May 28 2010 11:26 GMT
#188
For Zerg there is no better channel than Steven.Bonnel.II's channel. Some days its all about his gameplay, some days its rage, but everyday its humor and good zerg play. His music choice is also top-notch and never so loud that you can't hear the game/Steven clearly.

Terran players got extremely lucky with Gretorp. From analyzing his own moves and strategy down to why what he did worked and why it wouldnt work if his opponent had done this or that. Gretorp is the man. The Handsome Man.

Day9 is THE best sideline commentator. He has a great grasp of the technical aspects of the game and combines it with good bed-side manners. For me personally even as my understanding of the game increases I can still find little bits of advice here and there during any of his casts, even if its just a reminder about a small micro action I "could" be taking during a game that I've thrown to the wayside in favor of more macro.

I would personally rate Gretorp as the best overall commentator. Unfortunately Gretorp is Terran only so until he switches to Zerg... Steven.Bonnell.II all day.
Daudr
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden275 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 11:59:13
May 28 2010 11:58 GMT
#189
I'm a huge Day9 fanboy, so he's a given.

Actually, for casting live games, I probably prefer some sort of combination between djWHEAT, Chill and Day9. Just pure awesomeness.

I liked Husky a lot more when he casted BW games, not so much now. It's probably because I personally is more into actually playing SC2 than I was Brood War.
☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Ghad
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway2551 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-03 00:00:29
June 02 2010 23:58 GMT
#190
Hahah, Steven is quite the character. He and psy would make a handsome couple for sure. Like the way he constantly interacts with the chatters.

Some nice commenting from Husky on the Incontrol vs Painuser matches.
forgottendreams: One underage girl, two drunk guys, one gogo dancer and starcraft 2. Apparently just another day in Europe.
Liquin
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden168 Posts
June 04 2010 19:23 GMT
#191
My favorite commentator is Day[9]. I'd like to say that he's superior to all the other when it comes to overall knowledge of the game.

I've played a lot of sports throughout my life and i really love the enthusiasm of shoutcraft aswell as gretorp.

I haven't seen the name "PainUser" come up quite yet. That might be because he's not really "commentating" but more or less just playing the game. But I've watched his stream several times and I found it both educational and fun.

And just to make it easier for you I've made a list of my favorite commentators.
They're listed from best to least.
Day[9]
Gretorp
Orb
Goatrope
Shoutcraft
HD
PainUser

I wish you luck in finding more commentators that are of your liking.

Also, second post. Very sorry :D
How appropriate. You fight like a cow
Orion_2kTC
Profile Joined May 2010
United States80 Posts
June 04 2010 19:52 GMT
#192
Day9, HDStarcraft, & Husky. Are great. Day9's tips and knowledge is superb.
MalMal
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada94 Posts
June 04 2010 19:57 GMT
#193
Gretorp is the reason i play Terran. I definitely recommend him
Krayze
Profile Joined May 2009
United States213 Posts
June 04 2010 19:57 GMT
#194
Crota puts out a hell of a lot of videos and they are good quality commentaries. He tries his best and cares about his fans. Find him on youtube, "BlizShouter"
virgozero
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada412 Posts
June 04 2010 21:16 GMT
#195
Guys check out
youtube.com/AleesaSC

(he) commentates very exciting and surprising games. They aren't famous level players but top ranked for sure.
Schickysc
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada380 Posts
June 04 2010 21:31 GMT
#196
Shameful self plug here, but I'm curious as to what people think now than I've been around for a month or so.

www.youtube.com/schickysc

I've only been casting pro replays/events for a few weeks now, the previous stuff was friends/random people. I'm still learning and have lots of room to grow, but I feel I am doing okay for only 1 month experience.

I have done a few events, GLHF.it invitational, SC2CL, and some show matches for gosugamers.net.

I would really appreciate some feedback or pointers from the veterans of the community, as I have the finals for the GLHF.it tournament on Sunday and would love to have more viewers/more criticism. (please keep it constructive)

I also have some videos from the GLHF.it posted to www.youtube.com/good2game

Thanks for your time,
SchickySC
Shoot for the Moon, Find a Star
brotosterone
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States260 Posts
June 04 2010 21:34 GMT
#197
I like to watch Husky and HD for entertainment, but PsYstarcraft definitely takes the cake, especially for zerg. He is hilarious, but at the same time teaches a lot about zerg play. Definitely got me from a high gold to a mid plat player (talking pre-diamond patch)
Doc Daneeka
Profile Joined March 2010
United States577 Posts
June 04 2010 21:42 GMT
#198
i used to love watching nostalgia and dark mizra, such a laid back stream. where did those guys go?
payed off security
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
June 05 2010 00:06 GMT
#199
On June 05 2010 06:31 Schickysc wrote:
Shameful self plug here, but I'm curious as to what people think now than I've been around for a month or so.

www.youtube.com/schickysc


I've been subscribing you since the GLHF.it tourny. Pretty good work so far! Keep it up!
Daudr
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden275 Posts
June 06 2010 19:30 GMT
#200
On June 05 2010 06:31 Schickysc wrote:
Shameful self plug here, but I'm curious as to what people think now than I've been around for a month or so.

www.youtube.com/schickysc

Thanks for your time,
SchickySC


Just browsed through some of your vods, and I really like the style. Pretty "casual" not forced or anything and a good voice. I'll definitely try to catch some more stuff coming from you.

/subscribed.
☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 706
UpATreeSC 120
JuggernautJason31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18587
firebathero 186
Rush 131
Dewaltoss 100
Sexy 25
Shine 23
Bale 13
yabsab 10
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc8170
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever106
Counter-Strike
fl0m1534
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1876
crisheroes1130
Liquid`Hasu709
XaKoH 163
MindelVK14
Other Games
Grubby3068
summit1g2709
FrodaN765
Beastyqt719
ceh9567
ArmadaUGS198
byalli197
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe160
Hui .145
shahzam95
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1580
League of Legends
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• WagamamaTV238
• Shiphtur205
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h
Stellar Fest
18h
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.