• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:18
CEST 03:18
KST 10:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7090 users

Which commentators are worth watching? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
May 09 2010 00:06 GMT
#41
Day[9] & shoutcraft by far. I'm not a fan of Husky or HD simply because they lack the knowledge. Day[9] knows his shit inside and out and shoutcraft is very entertaining (though he cators to a more beginner audience).
c.Deadly
Profile Joined March 2010
United States545 Posts
May 09 2010 00:13 GMT
#42
djWheat is a pretty funny guy, I've enjoyed his casting for the SC2 TLI US invitational.

I'll definitely repeat Rise and Diggity, who both did excellent SC1 commentary and have youtube channels where they've uploaded a handful of SC2 VODs.

Moletrap and MattandSteveSC on youtube are also great commentators, but I don't think they're commentating SC2 yet. If you're looking for some english commentary on this past season or the upcoming OSL, I'd check them out.
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
May 09 2010 01:47 GMT
#43
SC2GGRise, HDStarcraft and Husky are good Starcraft 2 commentators that you can find on youtube.

Also check out Day[9]'s stream :D
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
EximoSua2
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States216 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 02:38:48
May 09 2010 02:38 GMT
#44
*cough* Hey guys, what about SaharaDrac of SCLegacy.com?

Oh, yeah, I heard he was pretty cool guy and made great videos as well! I'll definitely have to check him out!

Yeah, good idea! Me too!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SaharaDrac
Faranth
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
933 Posts
May 09 2010 02:48 GMT
#45
--- Nuked ---
apathy9
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway20 Posts
May 09 2010 02:51 GMT
#46
Day[9] is no doubt the best. I also enjoy orb's commentating quite a bit when he does it. Chill too. I don't quite like HD and Husky though, I just can't stand their voices for some reason.
Evilruler
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil116 Posts
May 09 2010 02:52 GMT
#47
I like to watch orb's matchs, commented by himself. There's always good stuff, too bad my internet is horrible and I can only watch when I'm in the house of a friend. At least there is someone else to lol with, since his channel is so awesome it is worth to watch it with your buddies.
smore
Profile Joined February 2010
United States156 Posts
May 09 2010 02:53 GMT
#48
for entertainment purposes...i do recommend the goat show

and day[9] of course.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
May 09 2010 02:54 GMT
#49
I love watching Lz, especially when all of the EG guys are on vent. Always makes for some funny times.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
AskJoshy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1625 Posts
May 09 2010 03:06 GMT
#50
My fav. player streams:

LzGaMeR: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Lz
Attero: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Vyanta
Orb: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/orbtl
Rise: http://www.livestream.com/rise

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my own stuff, though I haven't updated my Youtube channel since joining iCCup as a caster myself: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy

And of course myself, Raelcun, Joseki, and all of iCCup's other casters over at http://www.livestream.com/iccup

As we work together more and gain more and more content throughout the week to cast, I feel like iCCup's team of casters will gain a lot of fans.
Heroes, Hearthstone, and SC2 videos: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy
SixSongs
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Poland1455 Posts
May 09 2010 04:09 GMT
#51
Day9 and Husky and HD and few others.
The Prince of DroneS
Drk_ItachiX
Profile Joined April 2009
Japan113 Posts
May 09 2010 04:12 GMT
#52
I like Day9......he gets me thinking and motivated to practice.
Sulfur
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
May 09 2010 04:15 GMT
#53
DJ Wheat is awesome. He hasn't done much SC2 commentating yet as far as I know so I just wanted to put a recommendation in here so that if you guys see that he's covering something you should definitely check it out!
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Creme
Profile Joined May 2010
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 04:17:05
May 09 2010 04:16 GMT
#54
Day9, Chill, Rise, Husky, Orb and DJ Wheat all offer the best balance between entertainment and game insight, some more than others. I'd recommend checking them all out.
Onea
Profile Joined April 2010
United States35 Posts
May 09 2010 04:16 GMT
#55
My favorite commentators are tasteless and super daniel man. But I dont think they do commentating for sc2 yet. I could be wrong and I hope I am. If someone knows about some stuff they commentated please PM me and tell me! Please! =D
Born to fast expand...
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
May 09 2010 04:21 GMT
#56
i like those two handsome commentators big t and bongmicro
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
May 09 2010 04:22 GMT
#57
I'd say Rise is the only "youtube" commentator worth watching. You'll realize Hd and Husky just lack so much knowledge once you start watching good commentators/ playing on a high level. I was a huge fan of HuskyStarcraft when he had about 600 subscribers to 2k subscribers but then I started watching day9 and saw how bad Husky is.
Artosis + Tasteless is my favorite duo to watch, but sadly they haven't commentated any sc2 together.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Lysogen
Profile Joined March 2010
United States38 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-09 04:40:08
May 09 2010 04:38 GMT
#58
There are 3 that I actually watch. Plus whomever is hosting a tournament.

Day9, for his in-depth replay analysis.
Gretorp, for his amazingly analytical commentary while he plays. (even though he's T and I play P, it's amazing what I can learn from him).
Goatrope, or as they refer to it, "The goat show" for hilarious late-night gameplay and conversation with Goatrope and a few of his buddies. It's like the SC equivalent of your early morning radio show.

I want to say Nony, because of the playstyle I've seen other people talk about. But literally the past 4 times I've tried to watch his stream, he's gotten stuck in some kind of standstill for 20 minutes.
MrBlonde
Profile Joined April 2010
United States11 Posts
May 09 2010 04:46 GMT
#59
Husky and HD ftw!! they rock!
The House Always Wins
lowlypawn
Profile Joined January 2009
United States241 Posts
May 09 2010 08:49 GMT
#60
what happened to PerfectionistEmblem? No new videos in over 2 months.

Did anyone mention this guy? http://www.youtube.com/user/GrethSC
He can be pretty funny.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 152
RuFF_SC2 60
ProTech31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15801
Rain 2261
Artosis 628
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 315
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox663
Mew2King158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor990
Other Games
summit1g9725
Day[9].tv663
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft324
C9.Mang0252
ArmadaUGS75
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 148
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv663
• Scarra569
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 43m
OSC
20h 43m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.