• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:26
CEST 03:26
KST 10:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10016 users

[May] SC2 General Discussion - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-03 00:09:57
May 03 2010 00:08 GMT
#21
On May 03 2010 07:52 Erucious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2010 01:24 Uhh Negative wrote:
On May 02 2010 01:02 Vexx wrote:
There's an active zerg build order thread in the strategy section and you can search for the hotkey thread.

The general consensus seems to be to hotkey all your hatcheries on one key and then hotkey each of your queens individually.

So if 4 is hatcheries, you can use 4 to build and rally your units while being away from your base and you can use 5 to center on your queen and larva the hatchery, 6 to center on your expo queen and larva that hatchery...

Yeah I toyed around with hotkeying like that yesterday but I didn't know it was the general consensus for the best way. Thanks!


I've been trying something else:

Hatcheries on 6, queens on 5. Bind main at Ctrl+F5, nat at ctrl+F6, etc etc.

What u do to inject is:
5, F5, V, F6, V, F7, V

What do u think about this?

Doesn't it make all of your Queens to go to one place in the end?

On May 02 2010 01:21 wanderer wrote:
I am very much for a nerf of any kind on the Force Fields. The reasons are obvious.

Show nested quote +
=Chill, on djwheat's Weapon of Choice show when I called in to ask about this stuff after the ZOTAC Cup where the Z was holed up in his base for a good 5 minutes, to watch his natural get raped by a few stalkers — to be fair, the Z won the match because of macro and the Nydus Worm that he made later on was like 5-minutes into the lock-in and required a lot of time to transition to it... something that I don't think should be necessary against such a Tier 1 tactic]

NONSENSE! YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT THE MECHANIC EVEN EXISTS IN THIS WONDERFUL GAME!



I am actually very happy that the mechanic exists in the game — the Protoss have a lot of sneaky tactics compared to T and Z in my opinion and I am all for stuff like that — but I think that the things that are necessary in order to circumvent this Tier 1 tactic of Force Field "lock ins" (particularly at the ramps) take far too much time to overcome. Furthermore, I think that what is necessary to overcome these things requires you to reach too far beyond Tier 1 on your own side. I don't think that makes it fair.

I think that its completely fine for a higher Tier to have a lower Tier weakness, but when a lower Tier has a tactic that requires a higher Tier in order to overcome it... I think that it at the very least borders on imba.

Ideas that I've heard talked about and of which I approve:
- Making the area of the Force Field one hex larger so that it cannot sit on a ramp
- Making the area of the Force Field one hex smaller so that it takes 2 to completely lock a ramp
- Making the Force Fields last for a shorter amount of time, so that it takes more attention for a player to continuously lock someone inside an area.
- Making the Force Fields destructible
- Making the Force Fields require more energy, so that lock ins are more rare
- Making the Force Fields have a cooldown (this idea here is the one I support the least, but its a solution)

It's kind of like a Dark Swarm in such situations... would you nerf Dark Swarm?
It touches something that is bothering me a bit though - how to do drops properly? I don't know if magic boxes work here, all transports tend to try to unload in the same spot and interrupt each other?
I'm not sure if I remember it correctly but I think I tried clicking unload on my ovies but it didn't work
wwww
t3tsubo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada682 Posts
May 03 2010 01:45 GMT
#22
FUUUUUU you know how day 9 talks about practicing a build over and over and over again until you perfect it? I just started trying the void ray build after the reset and my record was something like

WWWWLWWWLWWWLWWWLWWWLWWWLLLLLLLLLL

epic slump makes me sad, should I give up on the build (which ive done all 30 games, unless cheesed) or should keep hammering away on this build?
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
May 03 2010 01:47 GMT
#23
2 noob questions

can you change colors or is it always red vs blue some videos show other colors?
how do you change to all chat in a 2v2?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
t3tsubo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada682 Posts
May 03 2010 02:01 GMT
#24
2 noob questions

can you change colors or is it always red vs blue some videos show other colors?
how do you change to all chat in a 2v2?

you can only change colors in custom games
you hold down shift when you click enter
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-04 23:30:08
May 04 2010 23:25 GMT
#25
Do you think changing Corruptors so they could cast sort of (I guess weakened?) Scourge would make any sense?
Imagine this for example as an ability draining energy over time but making Corruptors shoot Scourge every 3rd hit and Koreans screaming ONE! TWO! THREEE! like a public in a volleyball match ;-D
(those Scourge would be microable of course but maybe with limited time like Broodling so it would be justified to give them reasonable amount of damage to deal; this would also make sense since Corruptors morph into Broodlord that cast units...)
wwww
CyberPitz
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States428 Posts
May 04 2010 23:46 GMT
#26
On May 03 2010 10:47 jamesr12 wrote:
2 noob questions

can you change colors or is it always red vs blue some videos show other colors?
how do you change to all chat in a 2v2?


To change color, I believe it's Ctrl + F. You can't pick your own, but it won't be Red and Blue! As was stated, in Custom Games you can pick your color.

All Chat is Shift+Enter.
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
May 05 2010 00:00 GMT
#27
On May 03 2010 10:45 t3tsubo wrote:
FUUUUUU you know how day 9 talks about practicing a build over and over and over again until you perfect it? I just started trying the void ray build after the reset and my record was something like

WWWWLWWWLWWWLWWWLWWWLWWWLLLLLLLLLL

epic slump makes me sad, should I give up on the build (which ive done all 30 games, unless cheesed) or should keep hammering away on this build?


Sticking with a build doesn't mean you can't adapt. If someone starts directly countering your void ray build, you need to make adjustments. There is a reason that you lost the games that you did - find the reason and adjust.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
LodiDodi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States30 Posts
May 05 2010 00:42 GMT
#28
i have 2 questions. i'm in gold and i have a pretty strong record vs other gold and even platinum players but my micro is definitely my weak point.

1) how do top players get their APM so high? my APM is only around 50 and i'm not sure how i can get it higher. it seems like the only way to get it higher is to be spammy with my commands where as right now i tend to time it and only have to hit the correct key once. with the new way of calculating that does not take into account clicking (i'm pretty sure that's how it's done) it seems like they must be just spamming the command keys. when i move my groups i use right click a lot more than anything else so it keeps my APM low.

2) this might be the answer to my previous question but i'm wondering how people do the "scoot and shoot" technique. especially as terran the way they shoot then run with mara to kite my zealots etc. is this done with a-move, or right click then hold position?
What is brown and rhymes with Snoop? Dr. Dre
sk`
Profile Joined November 2008
Japan442 Posts
May 05 2010 00:50 GMT
#29
On May 03 2010 08:00 BabaBlackSheep wrote:
I'm relatively new to the beta, so this is mostly conjecture on my behalf so I'd like someone to set me straight if I'm off the ball.

Terran tier 1: Marine = anti air
Protoss tier 1 (or 1.5? Do decimal tiers count?): Stalker/sentry = anti air
Zerg tier 1: Roaches = ...whoops?
I don't think anyone else got it... Z gets to AA until tier 2.
www.pureesports.com
WorkersOfTheWorld
Profile Joined April 2010
United States619 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-05 00:52:22
May 05 2010 00:51 GMT
#30
My broadest complaint: game length. What is to be done about the fact most games being so short? As a toss player, i'm compelled to timing push my T opponents or tangle with emp spam and masses of air units I can't handle. I'm compelled to pressure my Z opponents and end the game before brood lords come out.

Perhaps i'm getting a skewed viewpoint playing most of my games as toss (admittedly, we're probably the most prone to ending games early), but i just hate the fact i rarely get to truly experience a long game without ample punishment. I've got about a dozen hour long games in my career this reset and none of them are wins. I personally think there needs to be more high-ground advantage, more potent defensive capacity for players, something to extend the life of the average game beyond t2 agression.

I don't think the game is going to arrive at any semblance of balance until we actually see the full macro game of every race play out consistantly at a competetive level, and that just isn't happening right now.
Samwise: You don't want to play Dustin [Browder]. He can't even beat the UI, let alone the AI. -
LodiDodi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States30 Posts
May 05 2010 00:53 GMT
#31
On May 05 2010 09:50 sk` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2010 08:00 BabaBlackSheep wrote:
I'm relatively new to the beta, so this is mostly conjecture on my behalf so I'd like someone to set me straight if I'm off the ball.

Terran tier 1: Marine = anti air
Protoss tier 1 (or 1.5? Do decimal tiers count?): Stalker/sentry = anti air
Zerg tier 1: Roaches = ...whoops?
I don't think anyone else got it... Z gets to AA until tier 2.



zerg can get queens at tier 1 which can be good enough anti air and spore crawlers only require a evo chamber these are more than enough to stop any air rush until you get hydras up.
What is brown and rhymes with Snoop? Dr. Dre
iCCup.Nove
Profile Joined March 2010
United States260 Posts
May 05 2010 01:08 GMT
#32
On May 05 2010 09:51 WorkersOfTheWorld wrote:
My broadest complaint: game length. What is to be done about the fact most games being so short? As a toss player, i'm compelled to timing push my T opponents or tangle with emp spam and masses of air units I can't handle. I'm compelled to pressure my Z opponents and end the game before brood lords come out.

Perhaps i'm getting a skewed viewpoint playing most of my games as toss (admittedly, we're probably the most prone to ending games early), but i just hate the fact i rarely get to truly experience a long game without ample punishment. I've got about a dozen hour long games in my career this reset and none of them are wins. I personally think there needs to be more high-ground advantage, more potent defensive capacity for players, something to extend the life of the average game beyond t2 agression.

I don't think the game is going to arrive at any semblance of balance until we actually see the full macro game of every race play out consistantly at a competetive level, and that just isn't happening right now.


Time will extend games. It is easier to come up with an aggressive strategy than a defensive build.

WorkersOfTheWorld
Profile Joined April 2010
United States619 Posts
May 05 2010 01:23 GMT
#33
On May 05 2010 10:08 Mufasaah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 09:51 WorkersOfTheWorld wrote:
My broadest complaint: game length. What is to be done about the fact most games being so short? As a toss player, i'm compelled to timing push my T opponents or tangle with emp spam and masses of air units I can't handle. I'm compelled to pressure my Z opponents and end the game before brood lords come out.

Perhaps i'm getting a skewed viewpoint playing most of my games as toss (admittedly, we're probably the most prone to ending games early), but i just hate the fact i rarely get to truly experience a long game without ample punishment. I've got about a dozen hour long games in my career this reset and none of them are wins. I personally think there needs to be more high-ground advantage, more potent defensive capacity for players, something to extend the life of the average game beyond t2 agression.

I don't think the game is going to arrive at any semblance of balance until we actually see the full macro game of every race play out consistantly at a competetive level, and that just isn't happening right now.


Time will extend games. It is easier to come up with an aggressive strategy than a defensive build.



I'm not too sure about that. The mediocre high ground advantage seems to give agression a lot more leeway than it used to. Blind agression is still punished if you run into counter-units, but just being agressive with a proper unit mix is often more fruitful (ie. you destroy some supply structures or some drones while sustaining relatively equal losses) than defending that agression. Perhaps you're right, and i hope you are, but I just don't see where it's going to come from.
Samwise: You don't want to play Dustin [Browder]. He can't even beat the UI, let alone the AI. -
Shaithis
Profile Joined March 2010
United States383 Posts
May 05 2010 02:26 GMT
#34
Thors need +1 armor and a smaller size.

Reapers should be redesigned - more life, swap pistols for GtA attack and keep a high dmg anti-building attack, require Armory to build.
HeavyArmZ
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil28 Posts
May 05 2010 02:48 GMT
#35
Reapers requiring Armory would delay their early harassing purpose, imo.. all they need probably is some sort of buff, cause it's not like they're never used (like Carriers and Ultralisks for instance), they're just not fulfilling their role effectively.. are reapers considered useless units? cause i've seen lots of players complaining about how weak they are that i don't know anymore..

yes, first post.. will I get some warm welcome?
+ Show Spoiler +
maybe if I post a funny fact about a funny thread that was recently closed (after we had a lot of fun - yes, we, I was a lurker before registering)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=122514

boxcuttr has been a crying baby for a long time..
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/SOCOM-II-US-Navy-Seals/damn-cheaters/td-p/12725487/page/3
quote from him: "I am simply trying to make a point that Cheating is a very serious accusation and it should not be thrown around lightly." funny as hell if you followed the whole thread!

MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
May 06 2010 16:56 GMT
#36
ive got a question ive been thinking of for a while. didnt have time to test it out yet tho maybe someone could help me test it.
my question is if units can attack while they r getting moved by the forcefield?
if no
does their cooldown reset?
if no
does it still "lower" the cooldown like if u were idle on the ground? (id assume its this option)

maybe doesnt make that big of a difference vs rines or marauders but vs roaches i could imagine it being pretty ridiculous if their cooldown reset after they get moved by the ff
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
kspree
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada22 Posts
May 06 2010 17:09 GMT
#37
Something that I've found strange about the ladder system is that you rarely play people that are in the same league as you. I'm in Bronze of my 22 games, I've only played someone in Bronze 4 times. My other matches were against 3 plat , 8 gold, and 7 silver. I'm not really sure why someone in the Bronze league is having to play someone in plat.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 06 2010 18:04 GMT
#38
This may have gone overlooked, but Blizzard posted their response to the survey here:

End result, looks like Hellions and Phoenixes are receiving slight buffs. Thors are possibly receiving a size reduction or move speed increase, and Overseers and Infestors might get new abilities.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
May 10 2010 03:02 GMT
#39
Hey guys, quick question. How do I keybind all of my Hatcheries together?
Jadix
Profile Joined September 2004
United States134 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-10 04:36:07
May 10 2010 04:35 GMT
#40
Using fungal growth to get a surround is awesome. that is all.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11480
White-Ra 305
Dota 2
monkeys_forever778
NeuroSwarm153
febbydoto12
League of Legends
Doublelift6421
JimRising 656
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox694
Other Games
summit1g9488
Maynarde205
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick312
BasetradeTV186
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 34m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.