• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:54
CEST 03:54
KST 10:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7426 users

[D] Galaxy Editor

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 31 32 33 Next All
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
April 22 2010 21:55 GMT
#1
Well I fired up the Editor and went to work on a map. So far I've noticed that water is very picky about what height terrain it does or does not cover. I can't seem to find any bridges other than Mar Sara (Long) and it doesn't have a walk-way on it? Has anyone found out where to get bridges for placement?

So far I'm liking some of the new features over WC3's editor, I have not looked into triggering yet.
i-bonjwa
CruS
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden218 Posts
April 22 2010 21:56 GMT
#2
On April 23 2010 06:55 SichuanPanda wrote:
Well I fired up the Editor and went to work on a map. So far I've noticed that water is very picky about what height terrain it does or does not cover. I can't seem to find any bridges other than Mar Sara (Long) and it doesn't have a walk-way on it? Has anyone found out where to get bridges for placement?

So far I'm liking some of the new features over WC3's editor, I have not looked into triggering yet.


Is the editor a tiny version of the real thing, or can you actually do all the stuff they announced and showed was possible? (1st person etc)
Whoever fears suffering, is already suffering from what he fears.
Ynot_Fighting
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States216 Posts
April 22 2010 21:57 GMT
#3
Someone should go through and see if the editor has new units designs for old units such as the lurker, dragoon, corsair, medic....
EZjijy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1039 Posts
April 22 2010 21:57 GMT
#4
It's the actual thing with some features disables or unfinished.
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-22 21:59:30
April 22 2010 21:59 GMT
#5
On April 23 2010 06:57 UBERtoSS_hV wrote:
Someone should go through and see if the editor has new units designs for old units such as the lurker, dragoon, corsair, medic....

These units don't appear in the editor yet.
CruS
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden218 Posts
April 22 2010 22:00 GMT
#6
On April 23 2010 06:57 Repok wrote:
It's the actual thing with some features disables or unfinished.


So it's not ? :p
Whoever fears suffering, is already suffering from what he fears.
Ai52487963
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom136 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-22 22:04:35
April 22 2010 22:04 GMT
#7
I would imagine the beta version editor is designed more for testing the trigger settings than just unit placement and map making.
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
April 22 2010 22:11 GMT
#8
The beta editor has a lot of shit disabled, otherwise people would already be hard at work making a BW sc2 map.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-22 22:12:25
April 22 2010 22:12 GMT
#9
I can't even find where i can place start location t-t
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
April 22 2010 22:17 GMT
#10
First thing I looked for is the mirror x/y, and I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 22 2010 22:20 GMT
#11
On April 23 2010 07:17 3clipse wrote:
First thing I looked for is the mirror x/y, and I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


They've stated in Q&A they wouldn't be adding that.
Who dat ninja?
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
April 22 2010 22:26 GMT
#12
On April 23 2010 07:20 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 07:17 3clipse wrote:
First thing I looked for is the mirror x/y, and I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


They've stated in Q&A they wouldn't be adding that.

That is absurd. Seems like a deliberate hindrance to encourage people to buy premium maps...
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
April 22 2010 22:30 GMT
#13
mirroring is pretty much = no one will be using their editor for terrain work then that's stupid as hell lol sc was super popular with mirroed maps
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-22 22:53:55
April 22 2010 22:48 GMT
#14
CagedMind
Profile Joined February 2010
United States506 Posts
April 22 2010 22:48 GMT
#15
On April 23 2010 07:20 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 07:17 3clipse wrote:
First thing I looked for is the mirror x/y, and I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


They've stated in Q&A they wouldn't be adding that.

link?


On April 23 2010 07:26 3clipse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 07:20 urashimakt wrote:
On April 23 2010 07:17 3clipse wrote:
First thing I looked for is the mirror x/y, and I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


They've stated in Q&A they wouldn't be adding that.

That is absurd. Seems like a deliberate hindrance to encourage people to buy premium maps...

How does that encourage people?
your micro has been depleted
Quixoticism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States80 Posts
April 22 2010 23:02 GMT
#16
I'm pretty sure it won't have any gameplay purposes, but I hope that there will be a way to make a shallow water lever over terrain that you can walk through.

I too wish that they would reconsider their decision about the terrain mirroring. The first StarEdit didn't have it either though so it's not impossible for someone to add it later on.
I was somewhere, thinking something...
Ironclown
Profile Joined October 2009
United States73 Posts
April 22 2010 23:08 GMT
#17
In looking through the units and such I can't even find a lurker, which we know should exist in the editor, they had the coding and model for it so. It is highly likely that they just included what is currently in the beta (in regards to units and terrain and such) to help with spoilers and stuff. For instance new characters in the story line or a "dead Raynor" model sort of thing would obviously give stuff away about the story.
I suck.
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
April 22 2010 23:10 GMT
#18
On April 23 2010 07:48 CagedMind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 07:26 3clipse wrote:
On April 23 2010 07:20 urashimakt wrote:
On April 23 2010 07:17 3clipse wrote:
First thing I looked for is the mirror x/y, and I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


They've stated in Q&A they wouldn't be adding that.

That is absurd. Seems like a deliberate hindrance to encourage people to buy premium maps...

How does that encourage people?

Because it makes it much, much more tedious for an amateur map-maker to create a symmetrical map.
KevGuy378
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6 Posts
April 22 2010 23:59 GMT
#19
Does anyone get errors when they start up the editor like this?
Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\Wireframe-terran-garage.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found).
Patience is a Virtue
IskatuMesk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada969 Posts
April 23 2010 00:00 GMT
#20
Honestly I'm disappointed with the editor's ui. It's messy and disorganized in the data editor, values are all over the place and a ton of space is wasted. Why didn't they look at community tools like Datedit and use that for layout inspiration I don't know, but as it is the editor really isn't an improvement over wc3 in terms of interface. They are both a big mess.

If someone knows how to get cliff tiles to place higher than 2 levels (like sc1, I want moar, like wc3), I'd love for you to share your secrets. As it is I can't find any triggers in the trigger editor at all and I can't get any higher than 2 levels in elevation.

Love the ability to change HDR and such on a per-doodad basis.

[image loading]
1 2 3 4 5 31 32 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 15
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5740
JimRising 753
Counter-Strike
minikerr27
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0336
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP157
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 6m
Replay Cast
21h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.