• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:24
CEST 15:24
KST 22:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War65.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9186 users

[March] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 03 2010 01:05 GMT
#1
Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.

Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
March 03 2010 01:34 GMT
#2
Can we just have a nice summary of how people are feeling?

Protoss: Sweet new stuff, feels pretty cool to play. Everyone is doing it!

Terran: May need some minor tweaking but pretty balanced and playable. Not as interesting as toss still.

Zerg: Many threads complaining about staleness and uninteresting mechanics. Needs work.

How accurate does everyone feel these are?
Voyager
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada111 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-03 04:17:44
March 03 2010 03:34 GMT
#3
So, I was just on my usuals when I stumbled upon this.

edited out pic- FA

Wonder if it's real ?
The Final Frontier
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 03 2010 04:17 GMT
#4
No torrent stuff plz =) Even pictures.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-03 04:21:49
March 03 2010 04:21 GMT
#5
other thread got closed so reposting,
Didn't feel this warranted a thread but is it just me or do immortals seems to be a bit overpowered?

They do their full 50 to most ground zerg units, 20 to lings and drones. They have their hardened shields of 100, then they have 200 regular HP.

They pose a pretty huge threat against terran too, so much so that terrans have to go marines which sets them up to get owned by collosus (same tech tree) or storm.

I dunno about their damage being nerfed but their HP is just humongous. Granted they cost 250/100? but compare that to the value of 2 stalkers which cost 125/50 each. Stalkers do 8+6 to ground which isn't even half the damage that immorts do, their HP is 80/80 (which barely makes it over the 300hp that immorts have, plus the immorts reduce all high powered attacks on shields to 10.

The difference between immorts and stalkers here though is that stalkers can hit air and can upgrade blink, and immorts can't hit air and have inherent hard shields.

So I think the shield hardening should either be an upgrade, or change the reduction to 15 or something.


Immortals just fucking plow down buildings.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Voyager
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada111 Posts
March 03 2010 05:05 GMT
#6
On March 03 2010 13:17 FrozenArbiter wrote:
No torrent stuff plz =) Even pictures.


no problem.
The Final Frontier
fOscB.Sulik.SLR
Profile Joined December 2009
Kyrgyzstan59 Posts
March 03 2010 05:36 GMT
#7
I agree: Immortals are not just "Immortals". They are more like "Immortal Mega Cannon"s.
Survive, succeed and ascend.
mnc dover
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States93 Posts
March 03 2010 07:29 GMT
#8
Didn't know where to post this, so this looks like an alright spot:

We Require More Beta Keys:
http://www.mondaynightcrew.com/issues/comic_0256.html
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Rucky
Profile Joined February 2008
United States717 Posts
March 03 2010 07:34 GMT
#9
On March 03 2010 14:36 fOscB.Sulik.SLR wrote:
I agree: Immortals are not just "Immortals". They are more like "Immortal Mega Cannon"s.


yea...i guess high sustainability low firepower is what we want. it seems to be as strong as the ultralisk to me so maybe raise its cost by 50/50? 300/150 anyone?
Beyond the Game
Zorac
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden15 Posts
March 03 2010 10:59 GMT
#10
As I dont have a key I cant be sure but the game seems abit "slow" in the beginning. It just dosnt feel like you can accomplish much except scouting and alot of players endup camping while building a certain army. Maybe this is just temporary until people learn the game better. But its abit boring, atleast to watch and I can imagine it must get abit redundant as soon as you have learned the buildorder properly. Am I way off here or?
Redx
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands77 Posts
March 03 2010 13:36 GMT
#11
anyone used hydralisks against a Terran CC upgraded /w fortress repaired by 32432423 scv's?
I found it extremely difficult to kill it, since the SCV's just repaired and a attack move wouldn't kill the SCV's , instead the hydra's only attacked the fortress... I ended up shift clicking all the scv's :-)
We live our truest life when we are in dreams awake
marshmallow
Profile Joined May 2007
United States93 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-03 15:51:09
March 03 2010 15:49 GMT
#12
I think SC2 will be a solid game and I'll buy every part of the trilogy and have a lot of fun with it, but playing it seriously makes me want to go back and play SC1 again. The music, sound fx, unit designs, and general atmosphere feels hollow. Playing it on my computer still doesn't get rid of how difficult it is to tell what the heck is going on with all the units clumping into giant gray balls while running into the enemy's similarly clumped gray ball. It also feels like the camera angle is just wrong somehow. I keep trying to duck my head under it, but I may be alone on that last point.
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-03 16:17:48
March 03 2010 16:16 GMT
#13
Question: Do you believe starcraft 2 has 0 micro involved, if not what are your examples. Personally I think we havent discovered this yet. in a long game tho if im toss and im 120 supply, I dont micro at all i just a move and annihilate or get crushed.
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
Krikkitone
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1451 Posts
March 03 2010 16:31 GMT
#14
Idea:

for the energy upgrades, that they should not only be +25 starting energy, but also +25% energy regen

For the Hydra... +2 range upgrade (making it 7)
with a Hive level upgrade of either
Another +2 range (making it siege)
or
the ability to move while burrowed

Essentially allowing the Hydra itself to replace the Lurker
drivec
Profile Joined May 2009
United States354 Posts
March 03 2010 16:38 GMT
#15
i think viking need to be able to push units out of the way when they land. the landing takes way to long.

also

i think roaches damage needs to be changed to 8+8 light or something along those lines instead of just pure 16 damage. or less armor from 2 to 1 or something.
starcraft is chess at warp speed
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 03 2010 16:44 GMT
#16
Yeah I wish the landing animation was more like burrow for roaches (they basically insta-burrow, at least when I used them it felt like they did), making for a lot more micro opportunities.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Archetype
Profile Joined February 2010
Slovenia38 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-03 23:06:41
March 03 2010 23:04 GMT
#17
I just wanna share two flaws I found. Sentrys' unit portrait still depicts the old model and selection circle (green circle under units when u select them - duh ) disappears under certain terrain types or doodadds. The later i found on lost temple when i sent my units across that center stone platform. If someone would be so kind and try it as it might be just my ol' metal box aka computer pulling some tricks on me.
marshmallow
Profile Joined May 2007
United States93 Posts
March 03 2010 23:25 GMT
#18
I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious, but is there a way to negate smart casting? Say I want all my BCs to yamato a CC or whatever. How do I do that so they all go and do it at the same time?
OgerAffe
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany48 Posts
March 04 2010 00:02 GMT
#19
im really missing the vulture =(
vulture >>>>>>>>>>>>> helllion stylewise and funwise.
Jyxz
Profile Joined November 2009
United States117 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-04 03:10:56
March 04 2010 03:05 GMT
#20
I guess I am the only one, but I think overall SC2 looks like dogcrap, graphically. Protoss look ok, but nothing special, terran units are good but their buildings look like plastic toys, and zerg look worse then they do in the War3 map starcraft, am I watching a Bugs life here or playing a teen rated RTS? To be honest I woulda perfered if they just added all the units and excellent new mechanics to starcraft 1, and just drew the units with 100x the pixels to make the game up to date, (I'm honestly not sure which looks better SC1 or SC2, and SC1 is done with 256 colors... I mean cmon?)


Has blizzard just been failing at graphics forever and I haven't noticed, I mean this is what an MMO looks like: http://www.gamingcrusade.com/images/darkfall.jpg

This is world of Warcraft: http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/world-of-warcraft-a.jpg

any comparison?

I am still an avid SC fan and will def play I just feel like they hyped it up so much and the graphics look so stupid...

Even a competing RTS that came out years ago: http://techtribenews.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/command-and-conquer-3.jpg

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/command-and-conquer-3-kanes-wrath-pc-screenshot-big.jpg
This is Jimmy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 391
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35236
Calm 7538
Rain 1897
Bisu 1706
Jaedong 1042
Horang2 654
FanTaSy 622
BeSt 531
Soma 400
Larva 376
[ Show more ]
Light 322
Stork 307
Rush 277
ZerO 220
Snow 198
Zeus 190
Barracks 127
Free 117
Mind 103
910 92
Mong 74
Killer 57
Pusan 47
Hyun 43
NaDa 41
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 29
Aegong 26
Sexy 18
Hm[arnc] 17
Terrorterran 17
sorry 12
Noble 10
Rock 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7987
XaKoH 179
Counter-Strike
fl0m3859
olofmeister825
Other Games
gofns32560
singsing2155
B2W.Neo823
hiko385
Lowko323
crisheroes282
Mlord122
Hui .100
RotterdaM89
Livibee82
Mew2King80
djWHEAT73
QueenE38
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3544
• Jankos2693
• TFBlade653
Other Games
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 36m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 36m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.