• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9525 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 331

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 329 330 331 332 333 1118 Next
The_Pacifist
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States540 Posts
June 09 2010 03:52 GMT
#6601
On June 09 2010 12:43 Lysogen wrote:
2-hour episode = awesome! We need more of these, especially with all of our gaming entertainment being gone.


Amen to that. Seriously, without my daily beta fix, I need more Day9 to fill the void that is my life (or lack thereof).
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
June 09 2010 03:53 GMT
#6602
Brood War misses you honey.
Each day gets better : )
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
June 09 2010 04:12 GMT
#6603
One way that I improve my mechanics and to make sure I am consistent when I play (not spam a really fast sequence of keys and then stare at a battle taking place) is to use a metronome when I practice and play (www.metronomeonline.com if you don't have one), and to ensure that I am taking exactly one action every single time that the metronome clicks, but that I only take an action when it clicks. This makes high apms achievable, and it made me see how few actions are involved in a high apm.
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
LazyScout
Profile Joined February 2010
United States223 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 05:01:06
June 09 2010 04:45 GMT
#6604
On June 09 2010 13:12 Newguy wrote:
One way that I improve my mechanics and to make sure I am consistent when I play (not spam a really fast sequence of keys and then stare at a battle taking place) is to use a metronome when I practice and play (www.metronomeonline.com if you don't have one), and to ensure that I am taking exactly one action every single time that the metronome clicks, but that I only take an action when it clicks. This makes high apms achievable, and it made me see how few actions are involved in a high apm.

You use a metronome to play?? hehehe, what bpm is it on?
lmao, your apm on a chart would be a straight line.
If I tried this it would probably just bother me.

It would be funny if someone asked you your apm and you say something like prestissimo rofl.
gdroxor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States639 Posts
June 09 2010 06:04 GMT
#6605
On June 09 2010 13:12 Newguy wrote:
One way that I improve my mechanics and to make sure I am consistent when I play (not spam a really fast sequence of keys and then stare at a battle taking place) is to use a metronome when I practice and play (www.metronomeonline.com if you don't have one), and to ensure that I am taking exactly one action every single time that the metronome clicks, but that I only take an action when it clicks. This makes high apms achievable, and it made me see how few actions are involved in a high apm.


This is great. I knew I was on the right track when I was listening to fast-ass techno music to get me pumped.
DISHU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom348 Posts
June 09 2010 08:10 GMT
#6606
On June 09 2010 08:03 LuckyLuke43 wrote:
Okay so, you already told us that #129 probably wouldn't be out until mid-late next week(this week), but where da heck is #131? I missed them both and I am dying here without being able to play sc2. And now I can't even watch d9d! [[[

Did he say anything in his recent daylies about this?



i was thinking the excat same lool but just a little bit more hopefully i heard him say its going 2 be in hd or something.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. But what are timeflies and why do they like an arrow?
jayDzZz
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway28 Posts
June 09 2010 08:20 GMT
#6607
He said earlier that the HD ones were really huge so it will probably start to delay the uploads a bit.
Hating society is a consequence of understanding it.
No-Killer-Instinct
Profile Joined May 2010
England197 Posts
June 09 2010 09:10 GMT
#6608
On June 08 2010 23:07 Day[9] wrote:
OK so I had to goto bed right after that cast, and now I have to compress the HD recording (it's 3gb!). But, it should be up delightfully soon! (as in like 6 hours lol waps).


Don't really want to nag, but I'm missing my Day[9] fix! Unfortunately, I cannot watch live as you cast at 3am my time and I do have to sleep.

Been 19 hours since you posted that you were starting the compression. Wondered if there it had bugged out, or if it was just taking a lot longer than you thought.

Any feedback appreciated.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 09:14:21
June 09 2010 09:10 GMT
#6609
On June 09 2010 02:47 Newguy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 23:20 Slayer91 wrote:
People seriously underestimate ultralisks because they are bad when seriously outnumbered or against large numbers of marauders both of which cases are not really relevent since every unit dies when seriously outnumbered and marauders basically counter pure ultralisks. [No zerglings or infestors supporting which in combination crush marauders]

The only problem is they can get barreled down from range but no more than other zerg units and you can simply drop them onto siege tanks and they do really really high damage.

The myth that tanks>ultras stemmed from bw when spider mines existed and ultralisks did no splash damage combined with the fact that marines can easily take down overlords. Also the tank ai was stupid so a mass of zerglings with hydras/mutas would take so much damage becaues of them all overkilling one zergling.
It used to be like
2 fact tanks-->guardians
2 port vessel -->ultras
for your hive tech way back in "the day"

Right now ultras/roaches are the only units that can really stand up to tanks and roaches don't really output enough damage and phase out later when tank splash becomes too strong.

Also what jinro said. The strength of mech relies on tanks. Thors and hellions can be overrun by enough zerg units. [ling/roach/infestor/hydra]


Actually the best unit against mech is banelings in my opinion. If you have 3 bases you can literally build a few hundred banelings quickly, and they will smash a mech army like no other.

You are crazy, tanks rape banelings harder than anything else in the game :s

On June 09 2010 00:01 shiftY803 wrote:
Artosis uses ultras alot if anyone has been watching his stream. They are actually a terrific tech switch against protoss once you have been using hydras/roaches/corrupters all mid-game.

To be honest, I was very disappointed by Jinro's play in that game. I do think the strat is viable, but Jinro made TLO's life easy. TLO placed his overlords at will. Imagine how much difference a viking or two would have made. Jinro let TLO kill like 16 SCVs with fungal growth at one point, due to not putting detection on his mineral line. He did basically no harrass the entire game. I know mech is passive, but I've never seen a terran THAT passive in a high-level mech game.

Edit: Wanted to add that I definitely did like TLO's comments on the value of creep, and how that effects the usage of hydralisks. I still don't think ultras in SC2 > ultras in SC1 though. Maybe he was high... j/k.

I don't remember the game very well but I'm pretty sure I decided to just turtle really hard because of failing all my attacks in the previous games.

IIRC that day went something like: Wake up, win 4-0 vs TLO with mech, go for a run/eat lunch. Come back, lose 0-7++ vs TLO with mech.

I gave up on hellion harass because he has creep everywhere and they just die, I agree that I should make a viking tho. Dropping anything is really risky because he has so many infestors and if you drop thors they are liable to get stolen ;/

Anyway, I dunno if Day showed the Scrap Station game where I spend the entire game viking harassing him (succesfully) and then die to ultras anyway.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 09:14:58
June 09 2010 09:13 GMT
#6610
You are crazy, tanks rape banelings harder than anything else in the game :s

That's why you creep the whole map with additional queens and try to catch him unsieged or on the move. If you fail to do this (what will happen against any decent slow push), you are pretty much screwed because the tank smarttargetting > Baneling
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 09:15:45
June 09 2010 09:15 GMT
#6611
On June 09 2010 18:13 Turbo.Tactics wrote:
Show nested quote +
You are crazy, tanks rape banelings harder than anything else in the game :s

That's why you creep the whole map mit additional queens and try to catch him unsieged or on the move. If you fail to do this (what will happen against any decent slow push), you are pretty much screwed because the tank smarttargetting > Baneling

Yes but why would you make BANELINGS against mech? Catch him unsieged and you can make whatever the fuck you want, banelings are a bad option.

If T doesn't have siege tanks, yes mass baneling will eat anything because there's not enough splash to kill them, but vs siege tanks I don't get why you'd make them.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
June 09 2010 09:22 GMT
#6612
Yes but why would you make BANELINGS against mech? Catch him unsieged and you can make whatever the fuck you want, banelings are a bad option.

If T doesn't have siege tanks, yes mass baneling will eat anything because there's not enough splash to kill them, but vs siege tanks I don't get why you'd make them.


Well... i think to a certain degree you just need banelings to get out enough dmg against mech before your shit is dead. But i haven't played enough successful games against good mechplay. Normally i just outplay my terran opponent or get steamrolled by well executed mechplay. On lower level you can catch a lot of tanks with banelings even if you run them in after you engaged (knowing that everything else will die as long as you get the banelinghits). I also tried some Benlingbombs but i doubt this would work against you hell it wouldn't even work against my own mechplay as i tend to scan (so does every other halfway decent terran -.-).
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
Bj_o_rn
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden21 Posts
June 09 2010 09:53 GMT
#6613
Whaaaat, daily #132 uploaded but still no #131? Good thing there's no spanning story-arch! Time for pancakes and Day9-epicness!
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
June 09 2010 09:55 GMT
#6614
Wow, doesn't Haypro know how to muta spread around Thors??
He won anyways, but I didn't saw him spread several times.... pls watch Sen thx :-)

Grats for winning though .)
Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
7h30n
Profile Joined March 2010
Croatia120 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 10:13:21
June 09 2010 10:12 GMT
#6615
Rofl, I'm at daily #125

I got a bit late watching these awesome Day9 dailies, so I have a lot of catching up to do. And that is just fine because it will be easier for me to go through this time with no beta.

P.S. Thanks again to Gridlock for giving me the invite key just a moment before I was temp-banned for participating in that Roullete
Tristan
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada566 Posts
June 09 2010 10:17 GMT
#6616
132 is seriously the most important Daily I ever saw.
http://Zangano431.tumblr.com/
blae000
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1640 Posts
June 09 2010 10:19 GMT
#6617
I do want to watch the daily with TLO commenting on zvt.. I believe it was 131... But not up yet! ^^
Liquid
Brokengamer
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines116 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 10:32:28
June 09 2010 10:30 GMT
#6618
Lots of zerg players believe ultras are still useless because they have been useless for so long since the start of beta. But since patch 14 they became really decent.

I do believe banelings are a good options to blast helions when you caught them off guard with fungal growth.. Since T mech will likely push a little before you get the ultras I have to rely on lings-bane-infestors for the mean time..
MrGuru
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 11:50:06
June 09 2010 10:34 GMT
#6619
I gotta be stupid or something, I cant figure out how I watch the new episodes in HD! Help? :D

Edit: Seems like I misunderstood the situation, nvm guys
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
June 09 2010 10:39 GMT
#6620
Ultras are REALLY good. I've been playing around with them in unit tester and anyone complaining about them now, I really doubt has ever used them. I can understand the complaint of having to GET to them though.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
Prev 1 329 330 331 332 333 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1273
BeSt 333
Soulkey 238
Soma 223
sorry 144
Mind 64
Larva 52
Bale 26
ZerO 25
soO 21
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
scan(afreeca) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
JimRising 613
Counter-Strike
edward419
Other Games
summit1g9202
Coldzera 687
WinterStarcraft660
singsing377
Sick215
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos1076
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.