• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:01
CEST 08:01
KST 15:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9715 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 328

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 326 327 328 329 330 1118 Next
jaminz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States208 Posts
June 08 2010 03:08 GMT
#6541
TLO Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheLittleOne-Fans/120043474692532?ref=search&sid=100000006246068.2838525180..1&v=wall
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong" - The Great Bambino, The Sandlot
WhistlingMtn
Profile Joined May 2010
United States190 Posts
June 08 2010 03:09 GMT
#6542
On June 08 2010 12:05 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 11:52 chekthehek wrote:
is he going to continue making dailies while beta is offline?

Considering the fact that the majority of dailies do, in fact, consist of broodwar games, I would think that he would switch back until beta comes up again.


I believe he's already said he's scheduled out his SC2 dailies for the downtime, unless I misunderstood.
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
June 08 2010 03:10 GMT
#6543
tlo's facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Little-One/103009083080985?v=info&ref=search

That music at the end of today's daily was sick. What was it?
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 03:12:40
June 08 2010 03:10 GMT
#6544
That was an awesome cast, I hope some off the top Zergs tuned in or watch it later to reconsider their TVZ strategies. Also loved how you added the show-element while TLO provided raw data and awesomeness with his play and German English

Also Day[9] with your comments on having to get up a 6 in the morning ... at the time of your cast it was 5 in the morning for TLO
I think esports is pretty nice.
PcChip
Profile Joined May 2010
United States50 Posts
June 08 2010 03:11 GMT
#6545
[image loading]
TheMute
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States458 Posts
June 08 2010 03:46 GMT
#6546
Excellent cast as usual, but I feel like that didn't really show a solid ZvT strategy against a mech. TLO said he sends in ultras first to absorb tank shots, but in the replay, when he engaged the tanks, he usually sent the lings first... I didn't really see ultras as the big main determining factor of why he was victorious. It seemed like TLO won because he just outmacro'd Jinro and just had waaaay more stuff, constantly streaming in or dropping lings/ultras into Jinro's army/base. Simply having more stuff and units doesn't really show a certain strategy (ultra/ling) is good/decent against another strategy (mech). Or I should say, that replay didn't really show why ultras are good (or even viable) against mech.
Friends are simply people you can do/say vulgar things to.
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
June 08 2010 04:03 GMT
#6547
On June 08 2010 12:46 TheMute wrote:
Excellent cast as usual, but I feel like that didn't really show a solid ZvT strategy against a mech. TLO said he sends in ultras first to absorb tank shots, but in the replay, when he engaged the tanks, he usually sent the lings first... I didn't really see ultras as the big main determining factor of why he was victorious. It seemed like TLO won because he just outmacro'd Jinro and just had waaaay more stuff, constantly streaming in or dropping lings/ultras into Jinro's army/base. Simply having more stuff and units doesn't really show a certain strategy (ultra/ling) is good/decent against another strategy (mech). Or I should say, that replay didn't really show why ultras are good (or even viable) against mech.


So according to you he could've won with ling/ infester only? Without the Ultra's soaking up tank damage and destroying buildings quickly? Also, lings obviously outrun the Ultra's, explaining why they sometimes lead the charge.

At the least this build is more viable versus Mech than whining for nerfs.
I think esports is pretty nice.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
June 08 2010 04:12 GMT
#6548
On June 08 2010 13:03 Saechiis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 12:46 TheMute wrote:
Excellent cast as usual, but I feel like that didn't really show a solid ZvT strategy against a mech. TLO said he sends in ultras first to absorb tank shots, but in the replay, when he engaged the tanks, he usually sent the lings first... I didn't really see ultras as the big main determining factor of why he was victorious. It seemed like TLO won because he just outmacro'd Jinro and just had waaaay more stuff, constantly streaming in or dropping lings/ultras into Jinro's army/base. Simply having more stuff and units doesn't really show a certain strategy (ultra/ling) is good/decent against another strategy (mech). Or I should say, that replay didn't really show why ultras are good (or even viable) against mech.


So according to you he could've won with ling/ infester only? Without the Ultra's soaking up tank damage and destroying buildings quickly? Also, lings obviously outrun the Ultra's, explaining why they sometimes lead the charge.

At the least this build is more viable versus Mech than whining for nerfs.


no, but it shows that he would've still lost if jinro played as good as him. tlo could've gone mass mutas or something like that, with his advantage it would still ahve worked.
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
shimpoe
Profile Joined May 2010
88 Posts
June 08 2010 04:20 GMT
#6549
On June 08 2010 12:46 TheMute wrote:
Excellent cast as usual, but I feel like that didn't really show a solid ZvT strategy against a mech. TLO said he sends in ultras first to absorb tank shots, but in the replay, when he engaged the tanks, he usually sent the lings first... I didn't really see ultras as the big main determining factor of why he was victorious. It seemed like TLO won because he just outmacro'd Jinro and just had waaaay more stuff, constantly streaming in or dropping lings/ultras into Jinro's army/base. Simply having more stuff and units doesn't really show a certain strategy (ultra/ling) is good/decent against another strategy (mech). Or I should say, that replay didn't really show why ultras are good (or even viable) against mech.

So what you're saying is TLO didn't play with ultras correctly and he still won? and yet it's not a viable strategy? Okay, well now that you've cleared that up...

I think it's hilarious that a group of people think that in order to beat build X you need a build Y that is a super hard counter to it. Why can't build Y just be a strong, solid strategy for fighting against build X, where the determining factors are less about countering and more about just outplaying your opponent?
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 04:26:04
June 08 2010 04:24 GMT
#6550
On June 08 2010 13:12 heishe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 13:03 Saechiis wrote:
On June 08 2010 12:46 TheMute wrote:
Excellent cast as usual, but I feel like that didn't really show a solid ZvT strategy against a mech. TLO said he sends in ultras first to absorb tank shots, but in the replay, when he engaged the tanks, he usually sent the lings first... I didn't really see ultras as the big main determining factor of why he was victorious. It seemed like TLO won because he just outmacro'd Jinro and just had waaaay more stuff, constantly streaming in or dropping lings/ultras into Jinro's army/base. Simply having more stuff and units doesn't really show a certain strategy (ultra/ling) is good/decent against another strategy (mech). Or I should say, that replay didn't really show why ultras are good (or even viable) against mech.


So according to you he could've won with ling/ infester only? Without the Ultra's soaking up tank damage and destroying buildings quickly? Also, lings obviously outrun the Ultra's, explaining why they sometimes lead the charge.

At the least this build is more viable versus Mech than whining for nerfs.


no, but it shows that he would've still lost if jinro played as good as him. tlo could've gone mass mutas or something like that, with his advantage it would still ahve worked.


no he could not go mass mutas. jinros thors would have destroyed them. especialy with 1 turret per base. TLO stated this in the discussion with day9

TLO was not ahead until he constantly droped ultras everywhere on the map. he showed the real strength of the ultras: cracking up buildings and small forces.

all this was before the tank nerf.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
June 08 2010 04:31 GMT
#6551
Sick of waiting for this to be on his blip!!! wish i didnt miss it.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
IaniAniaN
Profile Joined September 2007
Canada555 Posts
June 08 2010 05:08 GMT
#6552
I liked the fact that TLO went Ultra/Ling, which was dope, but Jinros build/style didn't really have a single attempt at a push or aggression asides from the initial hellions. I think if he'd made more turrets with that mass of extra minerals and actually tried to push out and engage TLO the game would have played out differently, not that he'd have won, but it'd be a much less one sided. I think that since both players didn't have bulids adjusted exactly to playing eachother's styles (I doubt Jinro faced much ultraling) they weren't sure of the proper periods of attack they should attempt, this backfired for Jinro the most.
TheMute
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States458 Posts
June 08 2010 05:24 GMT
#6553
On June 08 2010 13:03 Saechiis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 12:46 TheMute wrote:
Excellent cast as usual, but I feel like that didn't really show a solid ZvT strategy against a mech. TLO said he sends in ultras first to absorb tank shots, but in the replay, when he engaged the tanks, he usually sent the lings first... I didn't really see ultras as the big main determining factor of why he was victorious. It seemed like TLO won because he just outmacro'd Jinro and just had waaaay more stuff, constantly streaming in or dropping lings/ultras into Jinro's army/base. Simply having more stuff and units doesn't really show a certain strategy (ultra/ling) is good/decent against another strategy (mech). Or I should say, that replay didn't really show why ultras are good (or even viable) against mech.

So according to you he could've won with ling/ infester only? Without the Ultra's soaking up tank damage and destroying buildings quickly? Also, lings obviously outrun the Ultra's, explaining why they sometimes lead the charge.

At the least this build is more viable versus Mech than whining for nerfs.

Where did you get ling/infestor from when I didn't even mention it? -_-
And I'm not whining about nerfs.

Everyone knows lings are faster than ultras, but Jinro let his lings go ahead of his ultras. So the ultras were not soaking up (the tank) damage for the lings to get in and do damage, which you just said are what ultras are for. And if they're not soaking up damage, what are they for? Just to deal massive damage? All I'm saying is that the way TLO won, the way he played against Jinro, the way he used his ultras with his lings, the way he just outmacro'd and had more stuff than Jinro, does not show why ultras are good against mech. (Not to mention the lings/ultras engaged the mech army in pretty open areas. Wonder how'd it be like in more choky areas. Can ultras really soak up all the damage from "smart-firing" tanks in a choke? Definitely not comparable to BW) Sure, ultras could be viable, hell even the most optimal strategy, against mech, but that replay didn't show it.

On June 08 2010 13:20 shimpoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 12:46 TheMute wrote:
Excellent cast as usual, but I feel like that didn't really show a solid ZvT strategy against a mech. TLO said he sends in ultras first to absorb tank shots, but in the replay, when he engaged the tanks, he usually sent the lings first... I didn't really see ultras as the big main determining factor of why he was victorious. It seemed like TLO won because he just outmacro'd Jinro and just had waaaay more stuff, constantly streaming in or dropping lings/ultras into Jinro's army/base. Simply having more stuff and units doesn't really show a certain strategy (ultra/ling) is good/decent against another strategy (mech). Or I should say, that replay didn't really show why ultras are good (or even viable) against mech.

So what you're saying is TLO didn't play with ultras correctly and he still won? and yet it's not a viable strategy? Okay, well now that you've cleared that up...

I think it's hilarious that a group of people think that in order to beat build X you need a build Y that is a super hard counter to it. Why can't build Y just be a strong, solid strategy for fighting against build X, where the determining factors are less about countering and more about just outplaying your opponent?

That's exactly what I'm saying. He won, not because of how important his ultras were but because he had waaaaay more lings and ultras than tanks/thors/etc.
And I agree. The way you play is a huuuge factor. But in this replay, I feel like Jinro underplayed rather than TLO outplaying Jinro.

tldr: Again, not saying ultras are bad (well they kinda are, so slow and expensive haha) against mech, but just that that replay didn't show why ultras are good against mech. And SC2 ultra > SC1 ultra is sooooo questionable.
Friends are simply people you can do/say vulgar things to.
shimpoe
Profile Joined May 2010
88 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 06:13:42
June 08 2010 05:51 GMT
#6554
I'm saying maybe TLO's build wasn't so much a "LOL I CRUSH MECH SO EZ" strategy that you seem to think it has to be (or were expecting it to be?), but more of a "hey I can stand up to mech pretty reasonably well" strategy, which is perfectly fine for combating against another build (note: to me, combating a build does not require countering a build).

Maybe I misunderstood you, but it seemed to me like you hear TLO say he has a good strategy versus mech and you feel the need to expect the strategy to be a direct hard counter to it. In reality it turned out to just be a pretty solid plan that was executed better by TLO, which is perfectly fine to me.
ioldarnech
Profile Joined April 2010
France36 Posts
June 08 2010 07:48 GMT
#6555
what's up with 129 and 131?
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
June 08 2010 08:36 GMT
#6556
Day9 had some kind of computer malfunction while doing something with 129, so he's having to edit out the shit parts and piecemeal it all back together. He mentions it at the beginning of 130 I believe.

131... was today I believe. He didn't do one yesterday, claimed throat was bothering him (*cough*totallyshowedupinICCUPExtravaganzastreamlaterthatnight*cough*). Hopefully he put a little honey in his tea and is back to top casting shape. If 131 was today, it ought to be up soon; if not, no idea.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
June 08 2010 08:54 GMT
#6557
On June 08 2010 14:51 shimpoe wrote:
I'm saying maybe TLO's build wasn't so much a "LOL I CRUSH MECH SO EZ" strategy that you seem to think it has to be (or were expecting it to be?), but more of a "hey I can stand up to mech pretty reasonably well" strategy, which is perfectly fine for combating against another build (note: to me, combating a build does not require countering a build).

Maybe I misunderstood you, but it seemed to me like you hear TLO say he has a good strategy versus mech and you feel the need to expect the strategy to be a direct hard counter to it. In reality it turned out to just be a pretty solid plan that was executed better by TLO, which is perfectly fine to me.

I disagree that a build that simply combats another build being just fine in this scenario. It might be fine if there exists a build that actually does counter it, and you opt for this particular build for the options it presents later on (I havent seen 131 yet). However, if this one build is really the only option that you have then the matchup turns into this build vs mech every single time and whoever wins is just whoever executed better. That is an unreasonable situation to be in.
ioldarnech
Profile Joined April 2010
France36 Posts
June 08 2010 08:59 GMT
#6558
On June 08 2010 17:36 neohero9 wrote:
Day9 had some kind of computer malfunction while doing something with 129, so he's having to edit out the shit parts and piecemeal it all back together. He mentions it at the beginning of 130 I believe.

131... was today I believe. He didn't do one yesterday, claimed throat was bothering him (*cough*totallyshowedupinICCUPExtravaganzastreamlaterthatnight*cough*). Hopefully he put a little honey in his tea and is back to top casting shape. If 131 was today, it ought to be up soon; if not, no idea.


ok thanks for the info
Phamtastic
Profile Joined June 2010
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 10:31:12
June 08 2010 10:30 GMT
#6559
So I recently read a little bit of info on KeSpa vs Blizzard on the competitive e-sports (Starcraft) scene.

http://www.the-ghetto.org/content/kespa-vs-blizzard-why-i-cant-root-for-either

and

http://www.the-ghetto.org/content/battle-net-2-0-the-antithesis-of-consumer-confidence

I wasn't into Starcraft 1 and its competitive scene, but I really like SC2's. I love to watch Day9 cast and love watching pro games. (Side note: I love how he is so passionate about Starcraft! Very inspirational!) I haven't read much else about the LAN fiasco that Battle.net 2.0 holds, but I thought there would be some implications for what Blizzard plans. Let's say that there ends up being one corporation (Blizzard?) that runs the whole gamut of the competitive Starcraft scene and oversees all of its undertakings. One thing I was thinking might possibly happen is that Day9 might have to pay royalties to Blizzard for casting tournaments and such. All international tournaments and such may have to be overseen and dictated (reason? money, money, money) by the corporation. They might even block him from being able to cast anything at all.

A great idea someone had was for Blizzard to hire Day9, but that may definitely limit his freedom of whatever he wants to talk about, which is in part why I love watching Day9 so much. I was wondering what are Day9's thoughts on this? This all sounds very pessimistic, and I may not have all of the information regarding the topic, but I was thinking about some of the implications for a globalized corporate monopoly on Starcraft's intellectual property (Blizzard's goal?).
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 10:44:37
June 08 2010 10:44 GMT
#6560
Phamtastic wrote: [...]


If anything then Day[9] hates Kespa and supports Blizzard. And I'm frigging glad he isn't jumping on the anti-Blizzard train as everyone else.


WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Prev 1 326 327 328 329 330 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 299
Mind 67
sorry 40
Bale 32
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
JimRising 705
Other Games
summit1g8934
Coldzera 725
WinterStarcraft659
C9.Mang0296
Sick131
febbydoto14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2153
League of Legends
• Rush1335
Other Games
• Shiphtur521
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 59m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.