• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:16
CEST 17:16
KST 00:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9103 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 300

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 298 299 300 301 302 1118 Next
OverLulz
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany75 Posts
May 27 2010 13:41 GMT
#5981
On May 27 2010 21:59 dbelok wrote:
5 games for 50$ to the first players who apply. I can almost guarantee all 5 spots sell in a day.


it would sell but i think it'll destroy the community aspect and become a business. I'd much rather donate 20 bucks instead of paying 5 to get my content featured. It's like idiotic shout outs other shoutcasters are doing where they just rush to get the money.
Sponsor would be great but I guess is hard to find. I'd go for a donation approach and see how it turns out. I'd be glad if Day9 could make a decent living with casting SC.
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
May 27 2010 13:44 GMT
#5982
On May 27 2010 21:59 dbelok wrote:
Surrealz - supply and demand

In a way, we pay with our time every time we watch that ****ing 711 commercial before a blip cast (pick the green one and turn the sound off IMO). If he finds another sponsor, it will be similar.


If he opened up his reviews of mid-low level players for free, he'd have a list 129847139 games long and no incentive to do it.

Supply and demand. He's a great commentator and great player. People will be willing to pay for his time. I'd be more eager to load up a mid-level analysis that was paid for by a player, because I know Day9 would put in the extra effort to help a paying customer.

It would at least be worth a trial. Maybe a short "special review" series to test it out. 5 games for 50$ to the first players who apply. I can almost guarantee all 5 spots sell in a day.


I obviously don't know what Day[9] thinks about this, but I, as a regular viewer, don't like the idea at all. First, it would interfere with Day[9] freely choosing content that he considers interesting in some way. Will he be choosing x because it's interesting or because he is getting paid? Of course, both may be the case, but the potential conflict of interest will always be there. It will also produce tension when he reviews something for free because he simply wants to and people who previously paid feel treated unfairly. This will put pressure on him to give specific reasons for choosing something without getting paid, thus cutting in on his freedom as a publisher.

Second, noob coaching gets awfully redundant very soon. While I'm not necessarily any better than the silver/gold players he reviewed recently, I know that in SC you need to cut corners, to keep your minerals low, to keep your workers busy, to keep macroing when fighting, to expand when it's safe etc.etc. Most of that stuff will always come up, as it has to, when discussing mid-level replays. It might help the player, but it's otherwise not very interesting to hear for the nth time. In such a format, he would have to cover all the biggies, but the biggies are also easiest to spot yourself.

And players need to do that kind of thinking about their replays themselves, need to learn about strategy by watching, reading a lot, and of course trying out and applying what they learned. Thinking you can improve by just throwing money at someone doesn't quite seem to be the right philosophy.

(I also don't think that if he finds a sponsor, which I expect him to, that he will agree to something as intrusive as that ad you are referring to. The sponsor would be dumb to even ask for that. It would be far nicer for the viewer and thus more effective if he just mentions the sponsor kind of like they did in the HDH. I also wouldn't mind if it was for high heels :D)
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7083 Posts
May 27 2010 13:51 GMT
#5983
Day[9] has such a big name in the StarCraft scene nowadays he could just start coaching a la gosucoaching.com and practically take 90%++ of their audience because of his name value.

I guess that would take much away from the non-paying "customers", but I think we all can give up a few days of the week if Day[9] can make some dollars for his work.
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
May 27 2010 13:59 GMT
#5984
On May 27 2010 22:44 FrogOfWar wrote:
Second, noob coaching gets awfully redundant very soon. While I'm not necessarily any better than the silver/gold players he reviewed recently, I know that in SC you need to cut corners, to keep your minerals low, to keep your workers busy, to keep macroing when fighting, to expand when it's safe etc.etc. Most of that stuff will always come up, as it has to, when discussing mid-level replays. It might help the player, but it's otherwise not very interesting to hear for the nth time. In such a format, he would have to cover all the biggies, but the biggies are also easiest to spot yourself.


It's not more repetitive than any teaching job. You have a curriculum, you teach it. Yes, you always teach the same things, but the reward of it (besides the money) comes from seeing someone "get it" and from the interactions with the student. Teaching people anything can be as rewarding as you're willing to make it. If you don't like teaching and you're only doing it for the money, you'll hate it. If you enjoy teaching, then you'll love it. Or anywhere in between.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Sandrosuperstar
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden525 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-27 14:03:15
May 27 2010 14:02 GMT
#5985
In a way, we pay with our time every time we watch that ****ing 711 commercial before a blip cast (pick the green one and turn the sound off IMO). If he finds another sponsor, it will be similar.


if you set your browser to open a a new page every time you click a link then click on the 7/11 link and close it immediatly as it pops up, you skip the commercials and can watch the vid right away :D

Edit: oops removed the quote
I'm homo for Lomo, gay for GGplay, but at the end of the day I put my dong in Lee Jaedong
dbelok
Profile Joined May 2010
5 Posts
May 27 2010 16:52 GMT
#5986
On May 27 2010 22:41 OverLulz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2010 21:59 dbelok wrote:
5 games for 50$ to the first players who apply. I can almost guarantee all 5 spots sell in a day.


it would sell but i think it'll destroy the community aspect and become a business. I'd much rather donate 20 bucks instead of paying 5 to get my content featured. It's like idiotic shout outs other shoutcasters are doing where they just rush to get the money.
Sponsor would be great but I guess is hard to find. I'd go for a donation approach and see how it turns out. I'd be glad if Day9 could make a decent living with casting SC.



I dont understand why you like donations over paying for something where you get something back specifically directed towards you and your personal game.

A sponsor would inherently water down all content across the board. I dont know a whole lot about the SC casting scene, but I doubt any advertising offers would be very high.



If Day9 is being paid by his customers for a service they want, he's going to gear 100% of his content towards the customer. Average joe gets the attention/commentary he wants, and the rest of the average joes have something to relate to while they watch for FREE (and if you were inclined to donate, you still have that option).

If Day9 is being paid by Alienware for his content, stuff like "and look at those mutas blow up his expo on this brilliant Alienware machine! It really makes a difference! go buy one!" will be common. Even if you like a product, constant plugs are going to cause much more of an annoyance than if he is being paid by his customers for the service he is already providing.


If something is good and you want it to stick around for the long-term, $$$ is the key. Day9 is awesome for doing all this for free, but at the end of the day, a paycheck determines where you spend most of your time. Paid/Personalized reviews would allow him to keep doing the same thing without advertisements, except he gets paid for his time.

Otherwise, some day he's going to get offered a fat juicy paycheck at a new job and these casts will be squashed out.

Obv it is his cast and he can do what he wants with it. I'd much prefer "Today we'll be focusing on gold ranked Joebob182 and finding ways to improve his macro ability" than "Sen sure had the bawls to win that match! Drink bawls and grow your own bawls too!"
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-27 17:03:49
May 27 2010 17:03 GMT
#5987
On May 27 2010 17:25 aznmaster19 wrote:
man. i wish i tried harder in school to get to UCLA and visit you day9


haha while I don't want to go to UCLA I do wish I could meet Day in like WCG or blizzcon someday would be totally kick ass! :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
May 27 2010 17:08 GMT
#5988
Pretty sure Day[9] HAS to host a meet-up at Blizzcon for his throng of followers.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Tundravalco
Profile Joined November 2008
United States51 Posts
May 27 2010 17:29 GMT
#5989
Is there a way to lower the stream quality on the bliptv vods? I can't download it fast enough so its buffering every 10 seconds
Skrag
Profile Joined May 2010
United States643 Posts
May 27 2010 18:22 GMT
#5990
Anybody else having a lot of trouble with download rates at blip.tv recently? I have a pretty big pipe, but they don't stream fast enough to not pause *very* frequently, and although downloading them instead of watching them directly on blip allows me to watch them interruption-free, I'm still only getting a max thoroughput of about 30K/second when downloading the vids. (my connection can easily handle 20 times that download rate, and does from other sites, so I'm pretty sure it's not on my end)
"Just go *@#$ing kill him!" -- Day[9] "Thanks for being a jackass though! Enjoy your time on the forums!" - Artosis
LeX-
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada49 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-27 19:46:26
May 27 2010 19:19 GMT
#5991
From Episode 125:

[image loading]

[image loading]

More to come!
RifleCow
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada637 Posts
May 27 2010 19:26 GMT
#5992
Its amazing that Day9 spent all that time in High School going to SC tournaments and travelling and he still ends up going to top tier universities.
hohoho
cougar22
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada98 Posts
May 27 2010 19:42 GMT
#5993
On May 27 2010 22:41 OverLulz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2010 21:59 dbelok wrote:
5 games for 50$ to the first players who apply. I can almost guarantee all 5 spots sell in a day.


it would sell but i think it'll destroy the community aspect and become a business. I'd much rather donate 20 bucks instead of paying 5 to get my content featured. It's like idiotic shout outs other shoutcasters are doing where they just rush to get the money.
Sponsor would be great but I guess is hard to find. I'd go for a donation approach and see how it turns out. I'd be glad if Day9 could make a decent living with casting SC.


This. Have a donation link somewhere in your OP, and people will donate to keep you running.
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
May 27 2010 19:49 GMT
#5994
Great .gifs, haha!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
jacen
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Austria3644 Posts
May 27 2010 20:02 GMT
#5995
my gf (who semi-watches when i watch your episodes) has started to call you the "OMG Guy".
right now i started watching #124 and i told her "I'm gonna watch the OMG guy again" and literally the NEXT second you say

OMG

shit was so cash :>
(micronesia) lol we aren't going to just permban you (micronesia) "we" excludes Jinro
LeX-
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada49 Posts
May 27 2010 20:09 GMT
#5996
On May 28 2010 05:02 jacen wrote:
my gf (who semi-watches when i watch your episodes) has started to call you the "OMG Guy".
right now i started watching #124 and i told her "I'm gonna watch the OMG guy again" and literally the NEXT second you say

OMG

shit was so cash :>


Haha my GF watches his episodes too, and she doesn't play SC..

She watches every episode and even the tournaments!

"Is Day9 casting it?"

"He's not casting this game?"

"Tell me when there's a Day9 cast"
accaris
Profile Joined May 2010
98 Posts
May 27 2010 20:09 GMT
#5997
When was that expedition match he was going to play again? Or had the time been announced yet?
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
May 27 2010 20:10 GMT
#5998
I like Day9 Dailies as they are now.
Payed reviews will make Day9 look like something else. It simply won't be that full of random errors like #125's ending, which to be honest, in my opinion, is one of the main reasons we all are watching this show.
If he starts getting payed to do it, it won't be from his heart as it is now. He'll start be more conservative in his comments. He'll babysit his Silver/Gold payed subscribers. That's quite worrying to me, coz it means that he won't be that great mentor that we all like.
If that happens (Day9 becoming a pay-to-review sort of teacher), then if one day the financial situation in my region improves, and I'm able to get a steady income flow, I'd still love to see a game of mine being reviewed. But I'm afraid that he'll be too nice and polite about my play, like tapping me on the shoulder and saying "There's a room to improve here, but you're doing a very good job. Keep it up!" sort of BS. If he reviewed a game of mine just out of kicks nowdays, I'm pretty sure he'll be saying something like "Dude, you're laughable. Just uninstall StarCraft 2. You're wasting your time. Honestly. Go back to playing racing games, coz at least I've heard you're good at those." and I wouldn't mind hearing that at all.
Well, of course he wouldn't use such harsh words, even nowdays, but that's simply because he loves his audience the same way we love him. In that way - he is one of us. The same way a Diamond Div player sleeps in all of us and a Silver/Gold Div player sits in the back of Day9's head, doing all of his mistakes when he plays
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
[HalcyoN]
Profile Joined May 2010
United States163 Posts
May 27 2010 20:16 GMT
#5999
you sir, are awesome. keep it up!
"I'm already dead"
zacd
Profile Joined May 2010
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-27 20:25:37
May 27 2010 20:24 GMT
#6000
I'm not worried about Day "selling out" or changing the dailies if he gets sponsored (paid reviews are a bad idea though). If he gets sponsored I bet he'll plug them at the beginning and end of the show and change the replay overlay to an advert. That's it. The rest of the show will stay the same. I can deal with that if it helps Day out.
Prev 1 298 299 300 301 302 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5121
Bisu 2728
Soulkey 1717
Jaedong 802
Horang2 547
EffOrt 546
Mini 516
Larva 333
ZerO 281
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 235
Yoon 154
Mind 98
Dewaltoss 77
Sea.KH 76
Sharp 75
sorry 74
hero 70
Barracks 63
Shinee 63
Pusan 60
Snow 56
Hyun 44
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 19
Rock 14
Sacsri 13
NaDa 13
Terrorterran 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5108
qojqva2522
Dendi1201
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m2644
Fnx 640
x6flipin490
Other Games
hiko941
Liquid`RaSZi852
B2W.Neo488
Lowko378
crisheroes287
DeMusliM258
XBOCT196
Liquid`VortiX192
Livibee186
QueenE105
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile133
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV594
League of Legends
• Nemesis3516
• TFBlade627
• Noizen125
Other Games
• Shiphtur222
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 44m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.