• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:48
CEST 18:48
KST 01:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8148 users

My take: "#SaveHOTS" - Page 18

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
Yoduh
Profile Joined August 2010
United States216 Posts
October 22 2012 11:17 GMT
#341
On October 21 2012 06:12 anon734912 wrote:
Oh and, Blizzard Activision is literalling SWIMMING in all their money. They have so much more that they could give than Riot/Valve, it's not actually funny.


oh wow, literally??? source?
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
October 22 2012 11:19 GMT
#342
On October 22 2012 20:17 Yoduh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2012 06:12 anon734912 wrote:
Oh and, Blizzard Activision is literalling SWIMMING in all their money. They have so much more that they could give than Riot/Valve, it's not actually funny.


oh wow, literally??? source?

Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
October 22 2012 11:50 GMT
#343
Finally someone expresses coherently why Protoss (and many other aspects of SC2) is poorly designed.

I REALLY hope Blizzard takes a step back from trying to make money and delays HOTS to redesign the game as a whole. It is crucial and necessary as so beautifully outlined in this post. Protoss is terribly designed, with key spells being too crucial. Zerg works the same way with fungal being at the core of every match up because otherwise Zerg wouldn't win. I think terran is great with ghosts and ravens not overpowered when massed. It's the way casters are supposed to be, but now the game is entirely designed around casters. Also, hero units are a ridiculous concept and do not belong in SC2. No single unit should have the power, with one spell, to change an entire game.

Change (as in nerf) the infestor, the sentry and remove the mothership, then rebalance the game.
Try another route paperboy.
Gene(S)is
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden419 Posts
October 22 2012 14:11 GMT
#344
You got some great points here. I especially like the way you talk about Force Field acting as a slow (I do not however consider Guardian Shield to be broken, it's a good and fair spell).

Ravens with EMP - as it should be! Ghosts with Widow Mines? Great, sounds like their field of expertise.

Fungal acting like Ensnare... Slow movement speed and attack speed rathen then dotting... It could work.

Adding more micro early on, yes please do. Brood War had so much micro, it was extremely fun to watch those intense micro battles.

Remove Vortex, or Mother Ship for that matter, reinstate the Arbiter! I would like to see more battles evolve around speed (like recall, you can teleport just about anywhere which gives you fast paced battles). The Vortex is just silly, willy nilly.
For the swarm
electronic voyeur
Profile Joined October 2012
United States133 Posts
October 22 2012 14:34 GMT
#345
Good read as always
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
October 22 2012 22:39 GMT
#346
I don't completely hate FF, but I agree overall it has been a bigger detriment to the game than addition. Despite this though, the fact of the matter is FF is not leaving the game. It is too intertwined with Protoss and if it were to be removed the zealot, stalker and WG would all have to be completely reworked, and blizzard isn't going to do that.

They could introduce nerfs though to the sentry and infestor as I agree that there roles are too large in the game. FF could have a cooldown in addition to costing energy so that the ability isn't too spammable. With the infestor make a nerf to either fungal or infested terran to make it so infestors don't dominate air and make up for it by buffing the hydra.
Eliezar
Profile Joined May 2004
United States481 Posts
October 22 2012 22:58 GMT
#347
Ya know...I'm pretty much disliking HotS. I really dislike widow mines, really dislike the general flow of protoss units and how you can use them around the map. Its not just forcefields, but that plays a part in it. I think I really prefer SC before BW anyway...when the game was more free flowing and less positional. Although strangely I love to play BW terran.
GARcher
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada294 Posts
October 22 2012 22:59 GMT
#348
I'd rather have lockdown on Ghost.
ZvZ is like a shitty apartment: Roaches and Fungal Growth everywhere.
ultratorr
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada332 Posts
October 22 2012 23:22 GMT
#349
I don't know the cause, but pretty much all match ups involving P is not fun to play.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-22 23:23:59
October 22 2012 23:23 GMT
#350
On October 23 2012 07:58 Eliezar wrote:
Ya know...I'm pretty much disliking HotS. I really dislike widow mines, really dislike the general flow of protoss units and how you can use them around the map. Its not just forcefields, but that plays a part in it. I think I really prefer SC before BW anyway...when the game was more free flowing and less positional. Although strangely I love to play BW terran.

Sc1... WITHOUT LURKER OR MEDIC? *shudder*
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
October 22 2012 23:42 GMT
#351
On October 23 2012 07:58 Eliezar wrote:
Ya know...I'm pretty much disliking HotS. I really dislike widow mines, really dislike the general flow of protoss units and how you can use them around the map. Its not just forcefields, but that plays a part in it. I think I really prefer SC before BW anyway...when the game was more free flowing and less positional. Although strangely I love to play BW terran.


Well that's why I like the new HotS units, because it is making it more positional and that will make the game less deathball focused.

The flaws are mostly with WoL, and hopefully blizzard will be willing to make some bold changes to those units
TranceKuja
Profile Joined May 2011
United States154 Posts
October 23 2012 06:40 GMT
#352
I think they should just make the forcefield a temp unit that can be attacked.
Winning
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
October 23 2012 13:15 GMT
#353
SC2 needs to turn into BW.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 23 2012 14:35 GMT
#354
Sc2 is just not a fun game to play for a casual player. I quit ladder long time ago. But I kept on watching pro player streams and tournaments. But those became boring and stale. I was hoping Hots would change that but currently it does not. The changes are just not enough or boring. BW brought Medics, Valkirys, Lurkers, Devouvers, DTs and Dark Archons and Corsairs.

Hots is currently only a shadow of that.
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
October 23 2012 15:19 GMT
#355
I'm praying they do SOMETHING to force fields. Obviously some players like it but its probably the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with. I can never attack into a protoss' main without a medivac, and they are free to FF my bunkers or even immortal bust about anything i set up.
Let me use tanks and blow up every sentry that dares stray near me =[
kuroshiro
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom378 Posts
October 23 2012 18:19 GMT
#356
Would absolutely *adore* to see the changes suggested by gretorp in the last section. Even if it weren't right straight off the bat, it would just be such a much better place to start balancing from.

Forcefields are so awful to watch, and as a noob they're difficult to use, making playing against zerg such a chore for me.

I also think some better core strength in the gateway units would give the designers more freedom to adjust the collosus to make a more interesting unit.
I am you, and you are me.
muLe
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany30 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 18:51:33
October 23 2012 18:49 GMT
#357
On October 18 2012 09:24 Gretorp wrote:
1. EMP has to be altered, forcefield needs to be altered, guardian shield needs to be nerfed @BlizzardCS @Starcraft #SaveHOTS

2. Remove the mothership and all Hero like units in the game. Vortex has to go, fungal has to change @BlizzardCS @Starcraft #SaveHOTS !!

3. There needs to be more micro units at early mid level tech (dragoon, vulture, LURKER(instead of SH) @BlizzardCS @Starcraft #SaveHOTS


I would love SC2 to be micro intense in the early game.
The more you get into the late game the macro kicks in without totally negating micro skills.

I don't like Hero units, even though this concept supports the micro aspect.
There should be a counter in terms of unit micro or anti spell, to all offensive spells.
The victim should have a chance reduce the effect from an offensive spell by some degree.

Very good post Gretorp!
EU-Server ID: HotPotToFU
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-24 00:34:12
October 24 2012 00:33 GMT
#358
Hmm, I wonder if instead of an impassible wall force field would work as an "area of slow" (75%-90% slow or something). That might be reasonably cool but it might overlap slightly in function with fungals, which is not so cool
Bora Pain minha porra!
maximizer
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany24 Posts
October 24 2012 15:54 GMT
#359
Good list of frustrating/broken things but I feel like one thing thats missing and should be mentioned are warpgates in PvT lategame.
GARcher
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada294 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 01:34:21
October 25 2012 01:34 GMT
#360
On October 25 2012 00:54 maximizer wrote:
Good list of frustrating/broken things but I feel like one thing thats missing and should be mentioned are warpgates in PvT lategame.


You mean warpgates in PvAll endgame? And larva injects?
ZvZ is like a shitty apartment: Roaches and Fungal Growth everywhere.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1165
ComeBackTV 1133
SteadfastSC889
TaKeTV 591
IndyStarCraft 221
Rex152
EnkiAlexander 83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 889
IndyStarCraft 221
Rex 152
ProTech133
BRAT_OK 43
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44564
Shuttle 647
Mini 394
Larva 322
Soma 298
Rush 225
BeSt 206
Hyuk 112
firebathero 89
Dewaltoss 74
[ Show more ]
Mong 64
Sexy 39
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 27
Bale 19
Rock 17
Shine 15
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8100
qojqva1702
Counter-Strike
fl0m1332
Fnx 792
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1559
Khaldor1203
Other Games
hiko1319
FrodaN1145
DeMusliM384
Livibee198
ArmadaUGS150
KnowMe133
XBOCT128
XaKoH 106
QueenE86
C9.Mang075
Mew2King74
Beastyqt13
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV273
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 40
• StrangeGG 32
• Hinosc 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3927
Other Games
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 13m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 13m
Online Event
18h 13m
FEL
23h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.