• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:23
CEST 12:23
KST 19:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8251 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2013 - Page 5

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 178 179 180 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 09 2013 00:10 GMT
#81
The decaf has been released :O
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
January 09 2013 00:37 GMT
#82
On January 09 2013 08:33 decafchicken wrote:
Big PR week. Hit 210kg back squat ATG. Failed it first attempt then manned the fuck up . Coming for your ass gotunk


PRs makes gaining weight way more fun.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 09 2013 05:43 GMT
#83
Decaf does it right @.@

At physical therapy it was determined my hamstrings are super tight, and that my left leg is about 1.4 times stronger than my right.... that needs to be addressed.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
January 09 2013 06:10 GMT
#84
On January 09 2013 09:37 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 08:33 decafchicken wrote:
Big PR week. Hit 210kg back squat ATG. Failed it first attempt then manned the fuck up . Coming for your ass gotunk


PRs makes gaining weight way more fun.


Go get it, I'm cutting so no squat pr's till next meet. Expect to watch top1 deadlift on this forum and a badass set of abs in 2-3 weeks though.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 09 2013 09:29 GMT
#85
Had my first 4 hour EMT course today, going to be every Tuesday/Thursday through may. Had to leave early so that I could figure out where the class was, so I didn't manage to get to the gym.

Was feeling pretty awful when I woke up anyway, and once I got home, I figured out I'd had a fever of 101 the whole time, which I must have gotten from my sister who has the flu right now. Guess I'll be putting off any working out for the next few days, and instead just worry about sleep and nutrition.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 09 2013 12:51 GMT
#86
On January 09 2013 14:43 Froadac wrote:
Decaf does it right @.@

At physical therapy it was determined my hamstrings are super tight, and that my left leg is about 1.4 times stronger than my right.... that needs to be addressed.

I'm interested in how they address it. Hope it goes well for you.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
January 09 2013 15:02 GMT
#87
Back squat: 3x105, 3x115, 3x125, 3x135, 3x125, 3x115, 3x105 - getting stronger and stronger at each squatting session.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 09 2013 17:03 GMT
#88
On January 09 2013 21:51 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 14:43 Froadac wrote:
Decaf does it right @.@

At physical therapy it was determined my hamstrings are super tight, and that my left leg is about 1.4 times stronger than my right.... that needs to be addressed.

I'm interested in how they address it. Hope it goes well for you.

So far just one leg squat. They say that the strength imbalance is probably a result of weird lower back mechanics, which are a result of weird thoracic mechancis, which are a result of weird cervical mechanics.

mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 09 2013 17:22 GMT
#89
On January 10 2013 02:03 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 21:51 mordek wrote:
On January 09 2013 14:43 Froadac wrote:
Decaf does it right @.@

At physical therapy it was determined my hamstrings are super tight, and that my left leg is about 1.4 times stronger than my right.... that needs to be addressed.

I'm interested in how they address it. Hope it goes well for you.

So far just one leg squat. They say that the strength imbalance is probably a result of weird lower back mechanics, which are a result of weird thoracic mechancis, which are a result of weird cervical mechanics.


It's all connected!

I'm finding myself torn in the realm of fitness. I want to keep lifting weights regularly, but want to progress on bodyweight skills, but also want to run a half-marathon or double mudder, and also want to do insanity with friends. There's not enough of me to handle all of it. I'd have to be full time exercising lol.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 19:39:11
January 09 2013 19:38 GMT
#90
exercise ADD = go for crossfit haha
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
January 10 2013 00:59 GMT
#91
Anyone happen to have some good stress management resources? My girlfriend is having a really tough time dealing with stress and I can't really help her because I'm naturally a very calm person :S
HornyHerring
Profile Joined March 2011
Papua New Guinea1059 Posts
January 10 2013 01:15 GMT
#92
So... Started lifting weights on 26th of november starting at around 95.6 kg(210.3 lbs). 4 times a week at the gym, changes in the diet. Thought might as well set up a goal for myself, different then just 'loose some fat lol'. Let's dooooo diz.

HornyHerring
Age: 25 || Height: 172(5' 7") || Weight: 86.9 kg(191.2 lbs)
Starting Date: 01.01.2013 || Goal Date: 31.12.2013(12.31)
Weight goals:
-- Drop to 80 kg(176 lbs) or so.
-- From there keep the weight and go for a full on trasnformation.
-- Not sure what my body fat % is right now, but i'd guess it's around 15-20%, so let's go for a 10% goal
Training goals -- Never really trained to check my capability and PR, so dunno how much I can really handle. Always been doing a few sets of an exercise with increasing weight on each consecutive set, so my goals in that matter migth be a little low/high/retarded/whatever, I just don't feel like checking exactly how much I can lift, doing regular sets works best for me. Gonna add more later on when I figure out how do I wanna do it.
-- 10 wide-grip pullups
-- 100kg(220 lbs) flat bench press
-- being able to run for an hour straight
-- finish a half marathon(one time length wise, not as an event)
-- finish a century bike ride(one time length wise, not as an event)
-- perfect my form in every exercise
Nutrition goals --
-- finish research on IF and IIFYM
-- manage to get a reliable macro values
-- start an IF protocol based diet

My workout:
Usually do 8-12 reps a set, depending on exercise, sometime it's 10 or even 16 increasing weight with each set, pretty much only going to failure on ABS. 5 minutes of cardio warmup before starting each workout. rest between isolation ex 30-45s, compund ex 60-90s, between each exercise 60-90s

+ Show Spoiler +
CALVES
4 sets of standing calf raise
4 sets of knees-bent calf raise
4 sets of sitting calf raise

ABS
4 supersets of hanging knee raise + crunches + reverse crunches + bicycle crunches

Monday -> Chest/Triceps + ABS
4 sets of incline dumbbell press with drop set on final set,
4 sets of incline flyes with drop set on final set,
4 sets of flat dumbbell press,
3 supersets of chest dips + close grip pushup
3 supersets of skull crushers + close grip barbell press
3 sets of rope pushdown
1 quadruple drop set of overhead dumbbell extensions
+
ABS


Tuesday -> Back/Biceps + Calves
4 sets of wide grip pullup(negatives to get round 10)
4 sets of bent t-bar row with drop on final set
4 sets of close grip sitting pulldown
3 sets of single arm dumbbell row
5 sets of lat rope pulldowns
4 sets of ez barbell curls(2 straight and 2 cheat sets)
4 sets of incline dumbbell curls
2 supersets of spider curl + dumbbell hammer curl (to failure)
+
CALVES

Wednesday
Rest

Thursday
Quads/Hamstrings + ABS
3 sets of straight legged deadlifts
3 sets of standing leg curls
5 sets of lying leg curls
4 sets of front squats
4 sets of leg press
3 supersets of leg extensions + jumping lungees
+
ABS

Friday -> Shoulders/Traps + Calves
3 sets of dumbbell overhead press with drop set on final set
3 sets of lateral side raises with triple drop set on final set
5 sets of reverse flyes with drop set on final set
3 supersets of front straight arm barbell raises + upright rows
5 sets of standing barbell shrigs
4 sets of sitting dumbbell shrugs with drop set on final set
+
CALVES

Saturday and Sunday
Rest


This has been working pretty well for me so far, but I wanna change it up a bit. First of all gonna add 20 minutes of cardio at the end of each session and gonna switch days a bit. Also gonan add some purecardio days - at least 40 minutes of cardio. My new split will be:
+ Show Spoiler +
1 chest/triceps/abs
2 back/biceps/calves
3 cardio
4 quads/hamstrings/abs
5 shoulders/traps/calves
6 rest
7 repeat


Gonna start the first repeat day on sunday and will add the postworkout cardio tommorow, we'll see how it goes.
oh, hai
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 10 2013 02:07 GMT
#93
On January 10 2013 04:38 AoN.DimSum wrote:
exercise ADD = go for crossfit haha

I totally would if there was one closer than 45 min away and not super expensive I'll have to make it up myself.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 10 2013 02:19 GMT
#94
On January 10 2013 11:07 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2013 04:38 AoN.DimSum wrote:
exercise ADD = go for crossfit haha

I totally would if there was one closer than 45 min away and not super expensive I'll have to make it up myself.


Most crossfits post their daily workouts online, so if you want to get a regular gym membership, and then try to perform their workouts elsewhere it's definitely possible.
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
January 10 2013 03:06 GMT
#95
On January 10 2013 09:59 GuiltyJerk wrote:
Anyone happen to have some good stress management resources? My girlfriend is having a really tough time dealing with stress and I can't really help her because I'm naturally a very calm person :S

Here's the best stress management resources I've found:
- Running shoes
- A loaded barbell
- Google Calender
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
January 10 2013 04:35 GMT
#96
On January 10 2013 12:06 Ludrik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2013 09:59 GuiltyJerk wrote:
Anyone happen to have some good stress management resources? My girlfriend is having a really tough time dealing with stress and I can't really help her because I'm naturally a very calm person :S

Here's the best stress management resources I've found:
- Running shoes
- A loaded barbell
- Google Calender



Yeah I've been trying to encourage her to exercise more, I picked up some breathing techniques at martial arts so next time we're together I'll go over that and nudge her towards exercising some more too, thanks!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
January 10 2013 05:54 GMT
#97
Exercise dominates stress so hard. Too bad most women (people in general actually) will never know this because they just dick around at the gym :-\
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 10 2013 07:33 GMT
#98
On January 10 2013 14:54 decafchicken wrote:
Exercise dominates stress so hard. Too bad most women (people in general actually) will never know this because they just dick around at the gym :-\

Yeah. Today I was talking to this kid about that actually.

"I'm feeling really stressed today, at least I get to go to the gym"

"Why would you do that."
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 10 2013 13:45 GMT
#99
Buying a house today. I'll probably be hitting the gym :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 10 2013 18:13 GMT
#100
Finally a new article on Leangains! I wish Berkhan would write more often :/

On January 10 2013 14:54 decafchicken wrote:
Exercise dominates stress so hard. Too bad most women (people in general actually) will never know this because they just dick around at the gym :-\

Yes! After some heavy deadlifts I'm the most peaceful person ever. It's my meditation.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 178 179 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings102
CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
SHIN 29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 227
ByuN 141
SHIN 29
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25673
Calm 10108
Rain 3147
soO 820
BeSt 489
Stork 396
FanTaSy 374
Soma 357
Soulkey 336
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
firebathero 259
Bisu 243
Barracks 119
Last 69
Mind 65
Shinee 48
Killer 36
Pusan 35
Sexy 35
Light 28
ToSsGirL 23
Sharp 23
HiyA 20
Terrorterran 19
hero 18
Shine 18
sorry 17
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 15
Sacsri 14
zelot 13
Trap 12
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5296
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Reynor9
Counter-Strike
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Other Games
gofns33560
singsing1656
Pyrionflax248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 72
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV308
League of Legends
• Jankos3059
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 37m
OSC
12h 37m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.