• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:58
CEST 20:58
KST 03:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7773 users

The Paleo Diet thread - Page 22

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
jdsowa
Profile Joined March 2011
405 Posts
October 12 2012 15:51 GMT
#421
Question on the cooking aspect:

When you folks say 'throw some meat and veggies in a pan and cover'--how high a heat setting are you using on your stove (say, on the usual scale of 1-10)?
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-12 18:32:48
October 12 2012 18:27 GMT
#422
I think all stoves are different.... when i was at school, we had electric stoves in the dorms and they weren't as hot as the gas stove that i'm using now.

i usually have it on somewhere between 6 and 10 i guess. it's not hot enough that it makes the meat stick to the pan some times, but not toos slow either.

when i make fried rice, i have it at 10 lol. same for if im cooking really thin strips of meat.

eggs are at like 5 or 6.

fish is around 7 i guess.

but again, you just need to cook more because your stove is probably different from mine.

On October 12 2012 12:46 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 11:21 ieatkids5 wrote:
On October 12 2012 11:11 JingleHell wrote:
On October 12 2012 09:43 AoN.DimSum wrote:
try adding bacon to liver and onions. *drools*


I like to add bacon to my bacon. Fried in unsalted butter. It's even better if you cook it real slow, but I have a 3 year old, so I minimize the grease splattering time. Need to get one of those grease covers for a pan.

frying it in butter sounds delicious, but i still never do that cuz the pan always fills itself up with the bacon grease. then i make fried rice with the bacon and the grease. throw in some chopped onions (also cooked in the bacon grease), chopped collard greens, mushrooms, and shallots. omfg.

Don't forget to throw some kids in there.

eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 13 2012 02:53 GMT
#423
lol, oops.

And yes, I was sleep deprived posting before work. :p
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 13 2012 08:24 GMT
#424
On October 12 2012 12:46 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 11:21 ieatkids5 wrote:
On October 12 2012 11:11 JingleHell wrote:
On October 12 2012 09:43 AoN.DimSum wrote:
try adding bacon to liver and onions. *drools*


I like to add bacon to my bacon. Fried in unsalted butter. It's even better if you cook it real slow, but I have a 3 year old, so I minimize the grease splattering time. Need to get one of those grease covers for a pan.

frying it in butter sounds delicious, but i still never do that cuz the pan always fills itself up with the bacon grease. then i make fried rice with the bacon and the grease. throw in some chopped onions (also cooked in the bacon grease), chopped collard greens, mushrooms, and shallots. omfg.

Don't forget to throw some kids in there.


Haha, I laughed
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 23:41:27
October 13 2012 23:40 GMT
#425
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji

Also, I can't edit the OP now? wtf?
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 13 2012 23:43 GMT
#426
On October 14 2012 08:40 eshlow wrote:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji

Also, I can't edit the OP now? wtf?


If you don't edit for a while, it gets locked for editing. One of our local mod types can fix it for you if you threaten to excommunicate them from the cult, at which point they automatically become skinny.
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 05:47:40
October 14 2012 05:45 GMT
#427
Very interesting article. Didn't have time to read the lot, but I think there's a good point about the iceberg effect of celiac's and associated intolerance disorders. My girlfriend was recently tested for celiac's (biopsy) and came up negative, but I have no doubt in my mind that her health is improved in the 2-3 months since she went gluten free, particularly regarding her ability to gain muscle mass.

I don't subscribe to paleo or gluten free diets currently, as I've never really had any health concerns with my present diet. But I am starting to consider the unknown longitudinal effects of my diet, and I'm going to make an effort to at least phase out wheat products from my diet over the next couple years. It'll make cooking for the gf less of a hassle if nothing else.
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 14 2012 11:23 GMT
#428
It's getting chilly, and I'm going to start adding maple syrup to my morning coffee. I usually like it black, but maple syrup supposedly goes really well.

Has anyone tried this before?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 14 2012 15:14 GMT
#429
On October 14 2012 20:23 Cambium wrote:
It's getting chilly, and I'm going to start adding maple syrup to my morning coffee. I usually like it black, but maple syrup supposedly goes really well.

Has anyone tried this before?


Yes, it's decent, assuming you're talking about real maple syrup and not some weird maple flavored topping shit like so many people think is syrup.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 14 2012 15:42 GMT
#430
yea real canadian maple syrup
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 14 2012 15:53 GMT
#431
On October 15 2012 00:42 Cambium wrote:
yea real canadian maple syrup


So many people here in the US hear "maple syrup" and automatically think of the dessert topping type shit that's 98% HFCS.

I've actually had people get confused when they had the real thing because the taste and texture was so different.
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-16 03:17:15
October 15 2012 04:52 GMT
#432
i stayed on a relatively decent paleo diet (occasional piece of bread every 2 or 3 days, sometimes eat foods cooked with vegetable oil, but overall it's been good) for about a month or so. this morning and afternoon, i ate a total of 2 bagels and 3 slices of wheat bread. had tons of gas during the evening. i wouldn't say i'm surprised after hearing all the talk about grains, but actually experiencing its effects is different. i don't feel bloated or anything, but there definitely is a change when i suddenly eat a whole bunch of wheat products.

on a side note, for dinner i had an avocado, some pine nuts, white rice, chinese veggies with beef, tomatoes stir fried with eggs, and a nice chunk of swordfish pan seared with a bit if butter. AND NO I DIDNT EAT ANY KIDS.

on a side note, is coffee good or bad for you in moderate amounts? how about half & half creamer? like 2 cups or so each day? i usually drink decaf cuz drinking caffeine makes me stay up all night.

edit - wow i meant to say i usually DONT drink decaf
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
October 15 2012 07:28 GMT
#433
Caffeine is good in moderate amounts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_caffeine
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 15 2012 23:51 GMT
#434
Yummy. Making pork chops, with my homemade rub, a bit of local wildflower honey, baked on a buttered pan with just a sprinkling of cooking sherry on top. Ok, so maybe not perfectly paleo, but damn that's some good pork.
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
October 16 2012 02:49 GMT
#435
On October 15 2012 16:28 zatic wrote:
Caffeine is good in moderate amounts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_caffeine


Coffee also has good antioxidants in it. I prefer 2% or whole milk in my coffee. Half and half is insanely popular in New Jersey, but I find it too sweet, even in small amounts. You can lighten your coffee with significantly less half and half, but obviously the higher fat content means you wind up with around the same amount of calories. I've heard that milk can slow/halt the antioxidant absorption, but haven't read anything conclusive.

If you have one nearby, WaWa coffee is off the charts good. Balanced, low acidity, full of flavor, and not too bitter.
Push 2 Harder
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-16 22:37:45
October 16 2012 22:28 GMT
#436
On October 16 2012 11:49 Bigtony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 16:28 zatic wrote:
Caffeine is good in moderate amounts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_caffeine


Coffee also has good antioxidants in it. I prefer 2% or whole milk in my coffee. Half and half is insanely popular in New Jersey, but I find it too sweet, even in small amounts. You can lighten your coffee with significantly less half and half, but obviously the higher fat content means you wind up with around the same amount of calories. I've heard that milk can slow/halt the antioxidant absorption, but haven't read anything conclusive.

If you have one nearby, WaWa coffee is off the charts good. Balanced, low acidity, full of flavor, and not too bitter.


read somewhere that milk in tea and coffee makes the antioxidants less efficient so it could be true. But if you like milk in your coffee i dont think you should really care
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
October 18 2012 04:15 GMT
#437
Thanks for the responses. I started drinking coffee because there's a convenient coffee machine where i work, so i figured 'why not use it.' i love half n half (i can drink it from the carton), and is absolutely amazing mixed with strong coffee or very strong black tea. but i can do without (or just occasionally) if it's not great for my health. knowing that coffee has some good health effects is nice. i'll probably stick to 1 or 2 cups a day. i mostly drink water, sometimes tea or juice, all other times.
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 02:18:23
March 03 2013 02:16 GMT
#438
I generally don't eat much bread or pasta so I haven't really paid attention to this in the past, but yesterday I ate quite a lot of white bread and later got symptoms that would point to celiac disease. I looked some more into this and did the home test but it was negative. I know for a fact that I get gastrointestinal symptoms from pasta, rye bread and white bread so it looks to be gluten related.

I guess I'm wasting everyone's time writing about this here and I should just go to a doctor and I probably will, but any ideas what might be the issue?

I'm thinking,

- Negative result from the test because my body either doesn't produce (IgA deficiency) the antibodies or I haven't eaten enough gluten lately to produce them. (I certainly haven't been 100% gluten free)
- Some kind of non-celiac gluten sensitivity/intolerance?
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
March 03 2013 05:00 GMT
#439
On March 03 2013 11:16 rEiGN~ wrote:
I generally don't eat much bread or pasta so I haven't really paid attention to this in the past, but yesterday I ate quite a lot of white bread and later got symptoms that would point to celiac disease. I looked some more into this and did the home test but it was negative. I know for a fact that I get gastrointestinal symptoms from pasta, rye bread and white bread so it looks to be gluten related.

I guess I'm wasting everyone's time writing about this here and I should just go to a doctor and I probably will, but any ideas what might be the issue?

I'm thinking,

- Negative result from the test because my body either doesn't produce (IgA deficiency) the antibodies or I haven't eaten enough gluten lately to produce them. (I certainly haven't been 100% gluten free)
- Some kind of non-celiac gluten sensitivity/intolerance?


The simplest thing for you to do is just eliminate gluten for about a week and then eat a bunch of it at once and see what happens. There are many people who test negative for celiac but still have a gluten sensitivity.
Push 2 Harder
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 03 2013 21:47 GMT
#440
Pretty much what bigtony said.

Negative for Celiac does not mean you don't have gluten or other proteins in wheat et al sensitivities.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 936
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 90
Zeus 71
Trap 45
910 37
zelot 28
Sexy 26
soO 22
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 19
NaDa 18
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
420jenkins208
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1439
Fnx 767
edward60
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS150
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1407
Other Games
Grubby3960
summit1g3653
Beastyqt688
B2W.Neo627
ceh9459
byalli422
C9.Mang0167
KnowMe162
TKL 120
BRAT_OK 76
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur426
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 2m
Stellar Fest
18h 2m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.