• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:58
CEST 20:58
KST 03:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7773 users

The Paleo Diet thread - Page 16

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
ElizarTringov
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Bulgaria317 Posts
February 13 2012 18:25 GMT
#301
On February 13 2012 05:34 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 05:15 ElizarTringov wrote:
On February 13 2012 04:56 Sneakyz wrote:
On February 13 2012 04:50 ElizarTringov wrote:
On February 12 2012 22:02 eshlow wrote:
Again, Paleo is not necessarily high or low carb.

Paleo, specifically higher protein and fat, don't suppress hunger but they do induce satiety through hormones such as ghrelin, leptin, cck, etc.

This is pointless.

You have no studies "debunking" Paleo so now you're just rambling about different people even though one (Robb) admits he is super stressed from traveling and should be focused on recovery factors.

Go find a vegan thread to post in so you can rant about Paleo here. You are making yourself look dumb since your arguments are terrible,


He is super stressed "from" traveling, or is he super stressed because the Paleo diet is thrashing his body? Didn't know Paleo man took pills to help him stay Paleo.

Really dood... If the people reading this thread are to believe you over a PT and the author of a book, you ought to supply some credible studies instead of your pointless straw grabbing. And as numerous people have already told you, paleo is not a low-carb diet only...


Ok cool story. People keep mentioning that grains came into the human diet fairly recently, but so did meat, but we ate something else before that, and our basic physiology hasn't really changed much since then. http://www.scribd.com/doc/17111888/Science-Verifies-That-Humans-Are-Frugivores


Did you even read your link?
lol at considering human ancestors before australopithecus. We might as well say in true paleo diet we should only eat plancton because we descend from fish -.-
Also, check the "sources" the guy uses. Bullshit propaganda websites, not any real study.
Srsly, stop posting retarded shit.


Are you suggesting plancton is easier to catch than it is to gather fruit from a tree? Are you suggesting it is easier to digest than fruit?

User was temp banned for this post.
Perfect practice makes perfect.
robzgod
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
78 Posts
February 19 2012 22:02 GMT
#302
I'm going to try it, I have ulcerative colitis and attribute it to my bad diet. I'm only 18 years old and don't want it to develop into something worse. Thanks for this.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right."
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
February 21 2012 18:10 GMT
#303
Okay, having tried going off grains, and getting carbs only from fruits, vegetables and the sugar in milk, I just don't see it as viable for eating 1200-1500 calories of carbs a day. I just can't eat that many potatoes. It's like 2.5-3 pounds of potatoes, plus some fruits. Is it something I have to adapt to? Or is it just simply easier to eat more carbs via bread and pasta than potato? How many people doing a ton of cardio can actually do paleo? My maintenance is about 3400 calories.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
February 21 2012 19:54 GMT
#304
A year ago I tried a modified version of this given to me by a coach, and had issues with it. I felt like I had no energy during exercise (I was having to do a lot of 16km and 3x6km rows for training). I only tried it for a week, and the chicken breast at breakfast was killing me. This may have been as other people said that it was difficult to get enough carbs, but I was eating a ton of nuts as well (including peanuts which I had been told not to eat but yeah). For some reason my coach had also said lentils were fine but some of the info in the OP said you shouldn't?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 21 2012 20:17 GMT
#305
On February 22 2012 03:10 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Okay, having tried going off grains, and getting carbs only from fruits, vegetables and the sugar in milk, I just don't see it as viable for eating 1200-1500 calories of carbs a day. I just can't eat that many potatoes. It's like 2.5-3 pounds of potatoes, plus some fruits. Is it something I have to adapt to? Or is it just simply easier to eat more carbs via bread and pasta than potato? How many people doing a ton of cardio can actually do paleo? My maintenance is about 3400 calories.


On February 22 2012 04:54 Deadeight wrote:
A year ago I tried a modified version of this given to me by a coach, and had issues with it. I felt like I had no energy during exercise (I was having to do a lot of 16km and 3x6km rows for training). I only tried it for a week, and the chicken breast at breakfast was killing me. This may have been as other people said that it was difficult to get enough carbs, but I was eating a ton of nuts as well (including peanuts which I had been told not to eat but yeah). For some reason my coach had also said lentils were fine but some of the info in the OP said you shouldn't?


It's MUCH harder to get that many carbs on Paleo.

If you are going to try to get more carbs I'd get it from "generally safe" starch such as white rice, and potatoes.

Most of the grain products, at least here in the US, like bread, pasta, etc. are highly refined and thus not very good for you.

I'm trying to bulk up right now so I'm eating a crapton of rice for my starch since I can't pound down the potatoes either (even though the potatoes taste better than rice).

Not strictly Paleo, but most Paleo people are coming around to the idea of safe starches overall. So there ya go. White rice FTW.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
February 21 2012 21:44 GMT
#306
Ah, well I think the one I was given was intended to be low carbs till afternoon. It was high fat and high protein, and I was told something about if you don't have carbs in the morning you then end up burning more fat, which was why I wasn't supposed to be having peanuts.

Looking at OP info I'm not so sure it was really paleo and what I was doing is sounding more like crap. I'm also thinking now maybe my coach was trying to tell me to lose weight but wouldn't just say it. I'm not sure there was any sporting benefit from it.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
February 21 2012 22:34 GMT
#307
On February 22 2012 05:17 eshlow wrote:

I'm trying to bulk up right now so I'm eating a crapton of rice for my starch since I can't pound down the potatoes either (even though the potatoes taste better than rice).


May I ask what the reason is for your bulk? I can hardly imagine the benefits for a gymnast to be heavier, so what are you up to?
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
KamMoye
Profile Joined December 2010
United States721 Posts
February 22 2012 00:36 GMT
#308
eshlow, i've seen a lot of paleo/diet info in general but i've yet to see a really good take of white rice v brown rice

i understand brown rice has phytic acid, which impacts the absorption of the extra minerals, but isn't white rice exactly what you said later in your post -- "highly refined"?

and if gluten's the problem will buying gluten-free wheat products solve it? and sprouted bread?
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 00:42:48
February 22 2012 00:42 GMT
#309
I feel like I committed many "sins" today.

I had Popeye's 2 piece chicken for $.99 (Every Tuesday) today. My job also had a ceremony party where there was fruit punch and a big slice of white cake with lime/pineapple like candy inside with white icing on top.

I couldn't resist...

It tasted so good, but yet I know it's so bad for my body. They offered "seconds" for the cake/punch but I had to reject it because I know I already "sinned" for the day. How do you guys live with not eating delicious, but yet bad foods.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 22 2012 01:04 GMT
#310
On February 22 2012 07:34 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 05:17 eshlow wrote:

I'm trying to bulk up right now so I'm eating a crapton of rice for my starch since I can't pound down the potatoes either (even though the potatoes taste better than rice).


May I ask what the reason is for your bulk? I can hardly imagine the benefits for a gymnast to be heavier, so what are you up to?


I'm acutally pretty light for my height (5'8" 135) and I've been want to bulk up for a while just tried to recover first so I could acually do harder workouts. But iit seems OK so far and I'm still recovering slightly.

I'd like to get up to 150 or so if not a bit heavier. Will be better for my strength/weight ratio overall

On February 22 2012 09:36 KamMoye wrote:
eshlow, i've seen a lot of paleo/diet info in general but i've yet to see a really good take of white rice v brown rice

i understand brown rice has phytic acid, which impacts the absorption of the extra minerals, but isn't white rice exactly what you said later in your post -- "highly refined"?

and if gluten's the problem will buying gluten-free wheat products solve it? and sprouted bread?


The Jaminet's aren't strictly Paleo but have a pretty good take on things:

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/?p=4878

This is what they recommend for reference:
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/Food-Plate-600dpi.jpg

So there ya go.


On February 22 2012 09:42 Silentness wrote:
I feel like I committed many "sins" today.

I had Popeye's 2 piece chicken for $.99 (Every Tuesday) today. My job also had a ceremony party where there was fruit punch and a big slice of white cake with lime/pineapple like candy inside with white icing on top.

I couldn't resist...

It tasted so good, but yet I know it's so bad for my body. They offered "seconds" for the cake/punch but I had to reject it because I know I already "sinned" for the day. How do you guys live with not eating delicious, but yet bad foods.


Once you get used to eating clean and good at making your own food you don't need to eat other stuff.

However, generally speaking, don't feel bad if you "cheat" every once in a while. I drink a soda occasionally or have a piece of cake (though my intestines usually regret that). Enjoy your food and don't obsess.

As long as you're eating clean at least 80% of the time (well, I prefer 95% of the time as the number) you get most of the benefits of eating well.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 22 2012 01:04 GMT
#311
On February 22 2012 09:42 Silentness wrote:
I feel like I committed many "sins" today.

I had Popeye's 2 piece chicken for $.99 (Every Tuesday) today. My job also had a ceremony party where there was fruit punch and a big slice of white cake with lime/pineapple like candy inside with white icing on top.

I couldn't resist...

It tasted so good, but yet I know it's so bad for my body. They offered "seconds" for the cake/punch but I had to reject it because I know I already "sinned" for the day. How do you guys live with not eating delicious, but yet bad foods.


we don't live, we squat a lot though.
Glockateer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States254 Posts
February 25 2012 05:22 GMT
#312
On February 22 2012 03:10 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Okay, having tried going off grains, and getting carbs only from fruits, vegetables and the sugar in milk, I just don't see it as viable for eating 1200-1500 calories of carbs a day. I just can't eat that many potatoes. It's like 2.5-3 pounds of potatoes, plus some fruits. Is it something I have to adapt to? Or is it just simply easier to eat more carbs via bread and pasta than potato? How many people doing a ton of cardio can actually do paleo? My maintenance is about 3400 calories.

The idea is to get the majority of your calories through healthy fat and stay low carb.
GET SM4SHED
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 08:06:20
February 25 2012 08:04 GMT
#313
On February 25 2012 14:22 Glockateer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 03:10 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Okay, having tried going off grains, and getting carbs only from fruits, vegetables and the sugar in milk, I just don't see it as viable for eating 1200-1500 calories of carbs a day. I just can't eat that many potatoes. It's like 2.5-3 pounds of potatoes, plus some fruits. Is it something I have to adapt to? Or is it just simply easier to eat more carbs via bread and pasta than potato? How many people doing a ton of cardio can actually do paleo? My maintenance is about 3400 calories.

The idea is to get the majority of your calories through healthy fat and stay low carb.


Nony is A runner, and endurance athletes are not that much into low carbs. Besides that, the Paleo-diet as eshlow teaches it to the masses in here is not low carb. It just happens to be lower in carb since there is not much calories in vegetables (and even fruits for that matter).
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
MadProbe
Profile Joined February 2012
United States269 Posts
February 25 2012 09:06 GMT
#314
The paleo diet is very questionable. Yes, grains are typically bad for you and humans have only been eating them for about 10k years. But high fat/high protein diets and calorie-restricting diets are way fucking worse for you than eating lots of rice bread and pasta.

Now you ask for evidence. Studies. Peer reviewed research. HERE IT IS:

"The largest and most comprehensive study ever done on human diet":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study_(book)

The study's conclusion? The optimal diet for human consumption is a high-carb, low fat, low protein, plant-based diet.

Oh, and the guy who said that humans are biologically designed as FRUGIVORES (fruit based diet)? He might be on to something. I won't go into details because this is much more complicated.

So here are pictures of 30+ people who have been eating high calorie (3k+ minimum) high carb FRUIT AND VEG ONLY diets for YEARS. According to traditional diet beliefs, they're probably morbidly obese, half-dead and comatose...

THIS is your body on a frugivorous diet. (you may be suprised ^^)

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that hopefully some people don't get misled by a lot of terrible unscientific health advice people learn from protein powder and supplement advertisements, oprah tv shows, and magic diet comercials. If you're interested, do the research and decide for yourself.

And if you're gonna reply to this because you found something to criticise, go ahead. I probably wont respond.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 10:50:14
February 25 2012 10:18 GMT
#315
"Hey guys, I come in here with a wikipedia-link to show you that what you guys are doing is stupid. Also, here is a link of a fit human being eating no meat. Shocking, right? That such a thing exists completely shows how Paleo is horrible.
By the way, if you have criticism, I don't give a fuck and just won't bother responding to you"


Fur fucks sake. I don't eat Paleo, and I am not even 100% convinced that it is the way to go. And I am disgusted by those Paleo websites which sell supplements to eat like a caveman (ROFL). But the guys coming in here to argue against Paleo are arguing on such an embarassing level, it is just pathetic. They basically give us nothing.
If you would like to refuse Paleo, come up with studies which show that grains are actually good for humans, because Paleo is above everything else against grains (and on a broader view against processed products in general, which makes the concept of the diet very broad, which would be one of my criticisms actually).

edit: Besides all the ranting, I am gonna check out this China Study, it looks definitely interesting to read about. Noone should say I am not open-minded. Everyone telling me that potatoes are awesome and the cure for everything has my vote
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 10:23:44
February 25 2012 10:23 GMT
#316
On February 25 2012 18:06 MadProbe wrote:
The paleo diet is very questionable. Yes, grains are typically bad for you and humans have only been eating them for about 10k years. But high fat/high protein diets and calorie-restricting diets are way fucking worse for you than eating lots of rice bread and pasta.

Now you ask for evidence. Studies. Peer reviewed research. HERE IT IS:

"The largest and most comprehensive study ever done on human diet":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study_(book)

The study's conclusion? The optimal diet for human consumption is a high-carb, low fat, low protein, plant-based diet.

Oh, and the guy who said that humans are biologically designed as FRUGIVORES (fruit based diet)? He might be on to something. I won't go into details because this is much more complicated.

So here are pictures of 30+ people who have been eating high calorie (3k+ minimum) high carb FRUIT AND VEG ONLY diets for YEARS. According to traditional diet beliefs, they're probably morbidly obese, half-dead and comatose...

THIS is your body on a frugivorous diet. (you may be suprised ^^)

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that hopefully some people don't get misled by a lot of terrible unscientific health advice people learn from protein powder and supplement advertisements, oprah tv shows, and magic diet comercials. If you're interested, do the research and decide for yourself.

And if you're gonna reply to this because you found something to criticise, go ahead. I probably wont respond.


So what you're saying is that you want to voice your opinion and then ignore all others?

Great! This discussion ended before it even started, and based on the contents of your post, that's probably for the best. If you want to eat a "high carb FRUIT AND VEG ONLY diet" be my guest. Just realize that anybody with any sense whatsoever will see your opinion for what it really is: worthless.
Glockateer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 10:52:43
February 25 2012 10:48 GMT
#317
On February 25 2012 18:06 MadProbe wrote:
The paleo diet is very questionable. Yes, grains are typically bad for you and humans have only been eating them for about 10k years. But high fat/high protein diets and calorie-restricting diets are way fucking worse for you than eating lots of rice bread and pasta.

Now you ask for evidence. Studies. Peer reviewed research. HERE IT IS:

"The largest and most comprehensive study ever done on human diet":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study_(book)

The study's conclusion? The optimal diet for human consumption is a high-carb, low fat, low protein, plant-based diet.

Oh, and the guy who said that humans are biologically designed as FRUGIVORES (fruit based diet)? He might be on to something. I won't go into details because this is much more complicated.

So here are pictures of 30+ people who have been eating high calorie (3k+ minimum) high carb FRUIT AND VEG ONLY diets for YEARS. According to traditional diet beliefs, they're probably morbidly obese, half-dead and comatose...

THIS is your body on a frugivorous diet. (you may be suprised ^^)

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that hopefully some people don't get misled by a lot of terrible unscientific health advice people learn from protein powder and supplement advertisements, oprah tv shows, and magic diet comercials. If you're interested, do the research and decide for yourself.

And if you're gonna reply to this because you found something to criticise, go ahead. I probably wont respond.


They just look unnatural to me. Real strong men don't look like that at all. From the looks of it, you go on that diet if you want to be all show. I'll certainly take my healthy fats for brain and body growth over that crap regardless.
GET SM4SHED
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 11:56:17
February 25 2012 11:50 GMT
#318
On February 25 2012 19:48 Glockateer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 18:06 MadProbe wrote:
The paleo diet is very questionable. Yes, grains are typically bad for you and humans have only been eating them for about 10k years. But high fat/high protein diets and calorie-restricting diets are way fucking worse for you than eating lots of rice bread and pasta.

Now you ask for evidence. Studies. Peer reviewed research. HERE IT IS:

"The largest and most comprehensive study ever done on human diet":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study_(book)

The study's conclusion? The optimal diet for human consumption is a high-carb, low fat, low protein, plant-based diet.

Oh, and the guy who said that humans are biologically designed as FRUGIVORES (fruit based diet)? He might be on to something. I won't go into details because this is much more complicated.

So here are pictures of 30+ people who have been eating high calorie (3k+ minimum) high carb FRUIT AND VEG ONLY diets for YEARS. According to traditional diet beliefs, they're probably morbidly obese, half-dead and comatose...

THIS is your body on a frugivorous diet. (you may be suprised ^^)

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that hopefully some people don't get misled by a lot of terrible unscientific health advice people learn from protein powder and supplement advertisements, oprah tv shows, and magic diet comercials. If you're interested, do the research and decide for yourself.

And if you're gonna reply to this because you found something to criticise, go ahead. I probably wont respond.


They just look unnatural to me. Real strong men don't look like that at all. From the looks of it, you go on that diet if you want to be all show. I'll certainly take my healthy fats for brain and body growth over that crap regardless.


I agree the men just look weak with low bodyfat. the women on the other hand... not bad
http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/811-gladiators?commentId=2684079:Comment:1881256 a bit skinny but i'd hit it
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 25 2012 11:55 GMT
#319
On February 25 2012 18:06 MadProbe wrote:
The paleo diet is very questionable. Yes, grains are typically bad for you and humans have only been eating them for about 10k years. But high fat/high protein diets and calorie-restricting diets are way fucking worse for you than eating lots of rice bread and pasta.

Now you ask for evidence. Studies. Peer reviewed research. HERE IT IS:

"The largest and most comprehensive study ever done on human diet":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study_(book)

The study's conclusion? The optimal diet for human consumption is a high-carb, low fat, low protein, plant-based diet.

Oh, and the guy who said that humans are biologically designed as FRUGIVORES (fruit based diet)? He might be on to something. I won't go into details because this is much more complicated.

So here are pictures of 30+ people who have been eating high calorie (3k+ minimum) high carb FRUIT AND VEG ONLY diets for YEARS. According to traditional diet beliefs, they're probably morbidly obese, half-dead and comatose...

THIS is your body on a frugivorous diet. (you may be suprised ^^)

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that hopefully some people don't get misled by a lot of terrible unscientific health advice people learn from protein powder and supplement advertisements, oprah tv shows, and magic diet comercials. If you're interested, do the research and decide for yourself.

And if you're gonna reply to this because you found something to criticise, go ahead. I probably wont respond.


The China Study was already discussed on page 13.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 13:19:01
February 25 2012 13:07 GMT
#320
You know what the funny thing about The China Study is?

So Campbell writes up the thing.

Denise Minger and other people run the stats from the study again, and it doesn't actually show what Campbell claims.

Peopel criticize Minger for incorrect analysis.... but what about Campbell's analysis of what was wrong in the first place?

The simple fact of the matter is looking at the stats from various points of view, there isn't a significant impact of meat et al on CVD (there is some, but not a whole lot). The biggest impact on CVD from the study was GRAINS GRAINS GRAINS. HUGE correlation with grains and CVD.


I don't have a problem with eating a lot of fruit on Paleo.... I wish people would actually read the damn OP because you can eat tons of fruits and vegetables on Paleo and it's still healthy.

Again, Paleo is neither low carb or high carb.., you can make it what you want by adding in more carbs if they need to.

In modern hunter-gatherer diets, dietary protein is characteristically elevated (19–35% of energy) at the expense of carbohydrate (22–40% of energy)


2000 kcal diet that's:

95g-175g of protein (hmmm... seems eeriely familiar to around .75-1g/lbs that people recommend for ATHLETIC populations... as you know hunter gatherers actually have to move around to get their food and hunt...). And they didn't have chronic kidney disease either!

110g-200g of carbohydrates -- which is not even low carb at all. This is what moderate carbohydrates look like, unless you are competing in an endurance sport which you may need upwards of 250g+ of carbs (which is 50% carbs). Low carb is <100g and ketogenic IIRC is <40-50 carbs or thereabouts.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 936
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 90
Zeus 71
Trap 45
910 37
zelot 28
Sexy 26
soO 22
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 19
NaDa 18
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
420jenkins208
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1439
Fnx 767
edward60
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS150
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1407
Other Games
Grubby3960
summit1g3653
Beastyqt688
B2W.Neo627
ceh9459
byalli422
C9.Mang0167
KnowMe162
TKL 120
BRAT_OK 76
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur426
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 2m
Stellar Fest
18h 2m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.