• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:12
CEST 07:12
KST 14:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7886 users

Announcing Sudoku Touch - Page 6

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Shiny Things is a new sub-brand of The Little App Factory that is exclusively making mobile apps.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
June 04 2012 05:17 GMT
#101
On June 04 2012 01:07 -orb- wrote:
Too bad no android version.

Who uses iOS still? Honestly iPhones and iPads are such garbage... can't stand Apple these days

Would love to support esports and TL's sponsors but oh well.

Sucks to see some big developer shoo others away from Android porting (probably for less comptetition) when you could be making a lot more money


The person making the recommendation had no financial incentive to shoo away developers.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
June 04 2012 07:53 GMT
#102
Hopefully this addresses some of the contrast issues people have been having:

[image loading]
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
June 04 2012 14:50 GMT
#103
On June 04 2012 14:17 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 01:07 -orb- wrote:
Too bad no android version.

Who uses iOS still? Honestly iPhones and iPads are such garbage... can't stand Apple these days

Would love to support esports and TL's sponsors but oh well.

Sucks to see some big developer shoo others away from Android porting (probably for less comptetition) when you could be making a lot more money


The person making the recommendation had no financial incentive to shoo away developers.


Oh I thought you had said it was one of the biggest android developers.

Do you know how much it would cost TLAF to port the app? I'm assuming it must be much more than I would expect considering I would wager more people use android on TL than iOS and there is a ton of missed potential revenue

Really I'm just upset because I really want this app I love sudoku and there are never any well designed versions of it. Plus I want to support TL! :'(
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 21:17:37
June 04 2012 21:16 GMT
#104
On June 04 2012 23:50 -orb- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 14:17 Heosat wrote:
On June 04 2012 01:07 -orb- wrote:
Too bad no android version.

Who uses iOS still? Honestly iPhones and iPads are such garbage... can't stand Apple these days

Would love to support esports and TL's sponsors but oh well.

Sucks to see some big developer shoo others away from Android porting (probably for less comptetition) when you could be making a lot more money


The person making the recommendation had no financial incentive to shoo away developers.


Oh I thought you had said it was one of the biggest android developers.

Do you know how much it would cost TLAF to port the app? I'm assuming it must be much more than I would expect considering I would wager more people use android on TL than iOS and there is a ton of missed potential revenue

Really I'm just upset because I really want this app I love sudoku and there are never any well designed versions of it. Plus I want to support TL! :'(


He was an employee at Doubletwist so whilst he might have had bonus compensation, there was no other reason for him to scare people away. If it was the owner then yeah, I'd suggest you might have been right!

These are my estimates for cost. Keep in mind that we've never written an Android app before and don't do things half-heartedly so it would probably take longer than I expect. All figures are in AUD (roughly equal to USD).

- Engineering - $12k - would need to find a Java engineer as all my engineers are busy
- Graphic work - $15k - as I understand it, porting the interface is the single most costly part of this endeavour
- Test devices - $6k - We would want a decent set of test devices (12-20) ranging from a Galaxy Nexus to a cheap low-end phone. Fortunately I have a galaxy nexus but when you include the Galaxy SIII, SII, HTC One X, etc. the prices start to add up.

So my rough estimate is $33k and that doesn't include my time in hiring a new employee and managing the project. I'm also not sure if it's possible to port our handwriting engine over as it uses some iOS only gesture APIs. It might turn out to be a much larger problem than I anticipate.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 17:24:59
June 05 2012 17:19 GMT
#105
I like it, but I have a few issues. I feel like they might be just bad handwriting, but it happens even when I'm careful
A) 3 and 8 are often confused
B) 7 and 9 are often confused
C) 2 and 7 are often confused
D) 7 and 8 are sometimes confused
E) 2 and 3 are often confused
F) 2 and 8 are often confused
G) 4 and 9 are often confused

with so many errors it's gotta be me

Something I'd like to see which should be much easier than fixing my handwriting: with Show Incorrect on, correct entries remove the number from notes within the block, but not the row or column.

Also, an option of starting with all the boxes set to notes would be amazing for evil
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
taliana
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom22 Posts
June 06 2012 11:01 GMT
#106
tofucake, with that many errors it's defintely you, but I do have to say that the app does seem pretty touchy when it comes to how people write the numbers. Mine doesn't seem to like the way I write my 5s, it often confuses it with 6, 8, 3 and 9 (wtf?!), but it's easily fixed by me just not being quite as sloppy.

Would it be possible at all to have some kind of handwriting calibration in the app, where you write the numbers and then select what they are (maybe the app asks you "is this __" and you select if its right or wrong)? Or would that be too much time and coding or just not possible? Just a thought :3
K-E Translator for @SC2trans and D-eSports
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
June 07 2012 02:33 GMT
#107
On June 06 2012 20:01 taliana wrote:
tofucake, with that many errors it's defintely you, but I do have to say that the app does seem pretty touchy when it comes to how people write the numbers. Mine doesn't seem to like the way I write my 5s, it often confuses it with 6, 8, 3 and 9 (wtf?!), but it's easily fixed by me just not being quite as sloppy.

Would it be possible at all to have some kind of handwriting calibration in the app, where you write the numbers and then select what they are (maybe the app asks you "is this __" and you select if its right or wrong)? Or would that be too much time and coding or just not possible? Just a thought :3


5 is something we are putting a huge amount of attention to. Do you write it in two parts with the bottom half being completed followed up by the horizontal "top hat"? If so, that's the same way I write and we are working to improve that.

We want to avoid handwriting calibration as it should "just work". If we can't master handwriting properly within the next 6 months (it has been 12 months in development) then we will incorporate some calibration.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 03:12:51
June 07 2012 03:12 GMT
#108
I write 5s in one stroke and I have no problems with it (generally, sometimes it's read as an 8 but that's when I'm being sloppy). My biggest issue today was trying to make a 3 and I successfully managed a 4, 9, 2, 7, and 8 before I got the 3 to work :\
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
June 07 2012 04:27 GMT
#109
On June 07 2012 12:12 tofucake wrote:
I write 5s in one stroke and I have no problems with it (generally, sometimes it's read as an 8 but that's when I'm being sloppy). My biggest issue today was trying to make a 3 and I successfully managed a 4, 9, 2, 7, and 8 before I got the 3 to work :\


3 has our highest failure rate of around 6% so we feel your pain. However, an update that will be coming out in ~2 weeks has improved that failure rate to around 3%. We will continue to work on it!
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
taliana
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom22 Posts
June 07 2012 07:54 GMT
#110
On June 07 2012 11:33 Heosat wrote:
5 is something we are putting a huge amount of attention to. Do you write it in two parts with the bottom half being completed followed up by the horizontal "top hat"? If so, that's the same way I write and we are working to improve that.


I write it in one stroke, starting from the top. If I write it a little slower then it seems to pick it up more easily. Really everything i'm running into is easily fixed by me writing slower, bigger, or just plain neater. It's so handy to be able to just write the numbers! I love it.
K-E Translator for @SC2trans and D-eSports
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
June 07 2012 13:22 GMT
#111
But it counts against my score when I try to write 3 and get 4 wrong numbs in a row :<
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Keldris
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria5 Posts
June 12 2012 17:54 GMT
#112
is it only me or is the hard one actually the easiest?
everytime, i'm way faster solving this one compared to the other ones
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 19:45:22
June 12 2012 19:08 GMT
#113
Yes Evil is easy. The algorithm makes it symmetric which typically gives 3-4 free solves, basically. My average time on evil is 7-8 minutes or something. It's still harder than the easier difficulties though.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
pileopoop
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada317 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 08:22:54
June 15 2012 08:20 GMT
#114
Deleted.
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2141
Shuttle 1034
Dewaltoss 69
Hm[arnc] 35
Bale 31
Noble 27
ZergMaN 13
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm166
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1112
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor723
Other Games
summit1g8195
PiGStarcraft303
C9.Mang0292
Mew2King156
RuFF_SC274
ViBE54
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 26
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2325
League of Legends
• Lourlo1102
• Rush1035
• Stunt353
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 48m
OSC
16h 48m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.