• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:17
CEST 17:17
KST 00:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10603 users

The Year in StarCraft II: 2011 - Page 5

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
BlueBoxSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States582 Posts
March 13 2012 23:33 GMT
#81
On March 14 2012 04:39 Aunvilgod wrote:
@ TLStaff

I think this thread deserves to be in the community news because of the free pdf and the book itself is a huge enrichment of our community.

Quote if you agree.




Downloaded and read the entire PDF yesterday, and I'll place an order for the hard cover book this weekend.
BwCBlueBox.837
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
March 14 2012 00:19 GMT
#82
On March 14 2012 08:33 BlueBoxSC wrote:

Downloaded and read the entire PDF yesterday, and I'll place an order for the hard cover book this weekend.


This is probably what you meant, but just so you know, it's actually paperback.

And thanks!
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
LunaSea
Profile Joined October 2011
Luxembourg369 Posts
March 14 2012 01:10 GMT
#83
A bit too many statistics for my taste but great "almanac" otherwise ! =D

I read the .pdf and will also buy the hardcover this week-end !
"Your f*cking wrong, but I respect your opinion" --Day[9]
GoSuSocrates
Profile Joined March 2011
206 Posts
March 14 2012 04:29 GMT
#84
This is really awesome! I don't know if there were any other gaming books published but I really really think this is SO good for the growth of eSports and our community Definitely buying a copy as well~~
www.itsgosu.com | twitter.com/GoSuSocrates
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 05:24:00
March 14 2012 05:21 GMT
#85
Woooooooow
i thought ppl like u went extinct from today's society.
Glad i was wrong. :D

Also, mmight i suggest adding like, -OH also, if you would like to just try it and then After've u reddit. . . if the book impresses you or u feel like that "Damn, guess this really was worth a little money" U can donate to my paypal here: xxxxxmoneyG@Gmail.com.

Ok.
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
cristo1122
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia505 Posts
March 14 2012 12:50 GMT
#86
hardcover mes btw how many do u need sell for the hardcover to break even.
ZvP imbalanced blizzards solution nerf terran
shadowy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Bulgaria305 Posts
March 14 2012 12:55 GMT
#87
This book is one amazing summary on to what happened during the course of last year. I fully enjoyed to warp myself with war memories of distant excitement. I relived those precious moments in the beginning. I remembered everything that was and compared to where we are now.

Thank you for your hard work and outstanding analyses.
[Fear the leather Gracket!] // ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ // Liquid'Hero hwaiting!
Sargas.DT
Profile Joined March 2012
United States16 Posts
March 14 2012 13:39 GMT
#88
This sounds really interesting. Good job making it accessible to everyone! I stopped playing for a while after release and I felt like I missed a lot. This should definately help me out .. Thank you for all the time you put into this!
Add me if you want to play a friendly game: NA server Sargas.274
Nuclease
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1049 Posts
March 14 2012 15:20 GMT
#89
Loving this! Just wrote a review on Amazon. Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to the next one.
Zealots, not zee-lots. | Never forget, KTViolet, Go)Space. | You will never be as good as By.Flash, and your drops will never be as sick as MMA.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 14 2012 22:59 GMT
#90
lol I kinda miss blistering sands now
Life's good :D
Detri
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom683 Posts
March 15 2012 09:28 GMT
#91
"double forge publishing" lmao good work
The poor are thieves, beggars and whores, the rich are politicians, solicitors and courtesans...
Fatze
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany1342 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 00:05:32
March 16 2012 00:01 GMT
#92
5 bucks goes into your pocket - awesome stuff, cant afford more money since I am a poor student =(

btw: faith in humanity restored =)
Comfort from bottles, cheers from beers the guitars are our weapons and we know how to kill!
Scufo
Profile Joined October 2010
United States136 Posts
March 16 2012 02:58 GMT
#93
Nice work, I bought myself a book.

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of pictures, though. Player portraits, action shots, anything? I guess that shit's expensive.
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
March 16 2012 03:49 GMT
#94
On March 16 2012 11:58 Scufo wrote:
Nice work, I bought myself a book.

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of pictures, though. Player portraits, action shots, anything? I guess that shit's expensive.


Yeah, there are a lot of issues involved in putting pictures in it, cost being just one of them. However, that's something I'm looking into for the 2012 edition, if I'm able to make one.
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
Yomi-no-Kuni
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany333 Posts
March 16 2012 15:40 GMT
#95
As i'm broke as hell right now, I'll gladly go for the PDF pay-what-you-will option, good stuff
I'll be sure to get a hard-copy whenever i can afford it though, it'll settle itself nicely onto my shelf next to sirlins playing to win and the starcraft bible!
pyrodias
Profile Joined March 2011
United States27 Posts
March 16 2012 16:54 GMT
#96
You've probably heard this like 100x already, but in case not, there's a typo on the back. I don't have it in front of me, but it's something like "it's is..." which is obviously redundant.

I bought the book and love it. Thanks!
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
March 17 2012 02:37 GMT
#97
On March 17 2012 01:54 pyrodias wrote:
You've probably heard this like 100x already, but in case not, there's a typo on the back. I don't have it in front of me, but it's something like "it's is..." which is obviously redundant.

I bought the book and love it. Thanks!


*facepalm* No one's caught that yet as far as I know. I'll mark it down. Thanks for letting me know!
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
Sidders
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands41 Posts
March 17 2012 16:49 GMT
#98
Wow this is great. Will be sure to donate the first ever $5 i made on gaming to buying the book!
SlayerS/oGs fan - Former journalist for sites such as MYM/Cadred/LLL and TEK-9 - exCOD4 pro gamer
MysticaL
Profile Joined December 2003
Canada118 Posts
March 18 2012 22:29 GMT
#99
great work and idea to keep SC2's history written, hope you create volume 2 for next year or two as well
Black17
Profile Joined October 2011
France435 Posts
March 19 2012 13:03 GMT
#100
Looks great !
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 43
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1014
Mini 964
Soma 808
actioN 466
Rush 399
Light 343
Horang2 297
Stork 277
Larva 271
BeSt 264
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 237
Snow 230
hero 221
Killer 114
Barracks 106
firebathero 105
Aegong 98
Zeus 82
Shine 78
Dewaltoss 75
JYJ 45
soO 39
Sexy 38
Sharp 37
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 26
Rock 19
zelot 19
Trap 15
Sacsri 12
sorry 12
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7433
qojqva1774
Dendi708
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
Fnx 793
fl0m327
x6flipin260
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4962
Khaldor597
Other Games
gofns46850
singsing1585
B2W.Neo886
byalli502
Lowko364
Mlord254
DeMusliM211
Livibee189
KnowMe171
Liquid`VortiX165
ArmadaUGS96
Trikslyr32
Chillindude16
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV228
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH147
• StrangeGG 66
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV391
League of Legends
• Nemesis2229
• Jankos1484
• TFBlade571
Other Games
• Shiphtur75
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 43m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 43m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.