• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:33
CEST 11:33
KST 18:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6445 users

The Year in StarCraft II: 2011 - Page 2

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
March 12 2012 14:47 GMT
#21
On March 12 2012 23:40 Sata_ wrote:
i've donated whatever i had left on my paypal which is a little bit over $2 TT


BALLA (j/k)
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 15:13:56
March 12 2012 15:07 GMT
#22
I was wishing someone would post a review so I could see if it was worth it then I realized it was available for free as a PDF so I could look it over before I buy it. All the stats towards the end sold me, thats what I was hoping for. I am going to grab the paperback book so I can leave it out when people come to visit.

I will wait to get the book to actually read it, so no review from me yet. Here is the chapter list though, if anyone is interested as I was, on the proportions of each content type.
+ Show Spoiler +
INTRODUCTION ................................................................ 5
CH. 1: THE LANDSCAPE OF THE GAME ............................... 7
---PATCHES ............................................................................ 7
---LADDER MAPS .................................................................. 16
---TOURNAMENT MAPS .......................................................... 22
CH. 2: STRATEGIES AND METAGAME .............................. 28
---PROTOSS.......................................................................... 28
---TERRAN ........................................................................... 38
---ZERG ............................................................................... 44
CH. 3: THE DEFINING PLAYERS ........................................ 51
CH. 4: THE MAJOR LEAGUES ......................................... 123
APPENDIX A: PLAYER RECORDS .................................... 136
APPENDIX B: STATISTICS ............................................... 279
INDEX ........................................................................... 289


Thanks for your effort on this.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
March 12 2012 15:18 GMT
#23
On March 13 2012 00:07 rastaban wrote:
I was wishing someone would post a review so I could see if it was worth it then I realized it was available for free as a PDF so I could look it over before I buy it. All the stats towards the end sold me, thats what I was hoping for. I am going to grab the paperback book so I can leave it out when people come to visit.

I will wait to get the book to actually read it, so no review from me yet. Here is the chapter list though, if anyone is interested as I was, on the proportions of each content type.
+ Show Spoiler +
INTRODUCTION ................................................................ 5
CH. 1: THE LANDSCAPE OF THE GAME ............................... 7
---PATCHES ............................................................................ 7
---LADDER MAPS .................................................................. 16
---TOURNAMENT MAPS .......................................................... 22
CH. 2: STRATEGIES AND METAGAME .............................. 28
---PROTOSS.......................................................................... 28
---TERRAN ........................................................................... 38
---ZERG ............................................................................... 44
CH. 3: THE DEFINING PLAYERS ........................................ 51
CH. 4: THE MAJOR LEAGUES ......................................... 123
APPENDIX A: PLAYER RECORDS .................................... 136
APPENDIX B: STATISTICS ............................................... 279
INDEX ........................................................................... 289


Thanks for your effort on this.


Thanks a bunch, Rastaban. A review on here (and Amazon) would be greatly appreciated so other people can get a feel for it. Also, ftr, I think that for a book like this, paperback is the better way to read it. But you all obviously go for whatever format you prefer.
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
JBanKs
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom617 Posts
March 12 2012 15:21 GMT
#24
Got it from Amazon, may take 18 days to get to the UK but I am sure it will be worth it. Great to see this kind of thing and I look forward to receiving it
Ex-StarTale manager // @BanKseSports on twitter
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 15:52:31
March 12 2012 15:52 GMT
#25
This is awesome.

I wish something like this was made for BW, can you imagine the history retained? Builds and strategies were SO different back then, I would love to have something like this for every year since Starcraft started being played professionally haha.

Good luck with sales, looks pretty good! :D
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
March 12 2012 15:55 GMT
#26
On March 13 2012 00:52 Torenhire wrote:
This is awesome.

I wish something like this was made for BW, can you imagine the history retained? Builds and strategies were SO different back then, I would love to have something like this for every year since Starcraft started being played professionally haha.

Good luck with sales, looks pretty good! :D


Haha, yeah. That's actually part of what I was thinking when making this. Along with it being a good read now (IMO, of course , I really wanted us to have something that we could look back on years from now and say, "Lol what were we thinking?" etc.
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
KiL.SEA
Profile Joined November 2011
Malaysia2 Posts
March 12 2012 16:01 GMT
#27
This is such an awesome project u did. I hope us community could help and contribute for your next project.

* I'm sharing this with my friends and family proving u could get a lot more than JUST playing games *
xxgeffxx
Profile Joined September 2011
United States119 Posts
March 12 2012 16:49 GMT
#28
300 pages:O
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
March 12 2012 17:01 GMT
#29
wow im surprised at all this content. I hope you get the community's support on this one, you sure have worked hard!
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
March 12 2012 17:37 GMT
#30
Thank you! Buying it on kindle and will donate a little something also
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
OrD_SC2
Profile Joined February 2012
United States247 Posts
March 12 2012 17:38 GMT
#31
Definitely gonna take a look, and I'm very fond of the model you chose for pricing on this first volume.
Baldie disapproved of my last status, TT
Bona Fide
Profile Joined May 2010
United States70 Posts
March 12 2012 17:39 GMT
#32
Has anyone loaded the PDF into a Kindle to see how it looks? If it works well I'll donate $6 through Paypal since you'll get more of that than the $5.99 eBook.
SC2Precision
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation38 Posts
March 12 2012 17:41 GMT
#33
You definitely deserve a cookie, sir!
Mysti_
Profile Joined May 2011
France185 Posts
March 12 2012 17:46 GMT
#34
This is a great idea!

Personnally I followed the sc2 scene since the beginning almost, but for all those who saw their interest for starcraft 2 growing late, there was no way for them to catch back on history and get access to the same global memories that all the community shares... And of course it'll also be a great esport guide that people will be able to show to their friends family etc to try to get them involved.

Thanks for the initiative!
"Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." - "Ability is of little account without opportunity." Napoléon
shiroiusagi
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
SoCal, USA3955 Posts
March 12 2012 17:48 GMT
#35
Greatly appreciated! So awesome!
Graphics@shiroiusagi_ | shiroiusagi.net
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
March 12 2012 17:48 GMT
#36
Spotlight!!
RubiksCube
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Germany259 Posts
March 12 2012 17:54 GMT
#37
Will have a look at it when I get home. If it's as awesome as I think it is, I will buy it of amazon.
Shibbxyz
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom94 Posts
March 12 2012 18:07 GMT
#38
Will defiantly read when I back at home
WakanakaTaka
Profile Joined March 2011
Jordan71 Posts
March 12 2012 18:25 GMT
#39
awesome stuff :D
There are no pants in the dota 2 shop huh. Are all the dota 2 heroes naked?
BrodiaQ
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States892 Posts
March 12 2012 18:40 GMT
#40
Just bought my copy of the physical book. I look forward to getting it!
"So come right up and let me squash your creativity with my iron fist of conservative play."--Nony
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Dota 2
Gorgc68
Counter-Strike
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns44759
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9539
Livibee218
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1567
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
27m
Afreeca Starleague
27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.