• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:27
CEST 20:27
KST 03:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8543 users

The Year in StarCraft II: 2011 - Page 4

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 05:28:22
March 13 2012 05:27 GMT
#61
You should've made it a minimum of 0.01, you would've ended up with more actual purchases (as in, more than 0.01).

I'll definitely give this a read.

EDIT: The Humble Indie Bundle does this and if not for it, I probably would've just gotten the games for free instead of paying the $5 or whatever I ended up paying for it.
iDThePlayer
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Austria53 Posts
March 13 2012 05:59 GMT
#62
I don't have any money right now, but I want to read it, but I would feel bad D:

Can I read now and donate later? :O
There is no way we don't go this!
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
March 13 2012 06:23 GMT
#63
This is great, you sir...are awesome!
<3 Moonbattles
Kommissar
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia48 Posts
March 13 2012 06:32 GMT
#64
Awesome work. I'm downloading now and if I like it, I'll donate $5 or so
www.youtube.com/user/c0mmissar1
Samewire
Profile Joined January 2012
Austria180 Posts
March 13 2012 07:02 GMT
#65
Downloaded it and donated 5$ - fantastic work Sir!
Success consists of simply getting up one more time than you fall
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
March 13 2012 09:32 GMT
#66
Congratulations on the release!
NesquiKGG
Profile Joined February 2012
100 Posts
March 13 2012 10:32 GMT
#67
Awesome job! thank you!
I cheated on my fears, broke up with my doubts, got engaged to my faith and now I'm marrying my dreams.
MrSandman
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia188 Posts
March 13 2012 12:44 GMT
#68
I think I'll check out the pdf for free and buy it in physical copy if I like the first part. Regardless, awesome for you to be contributing to the community
TeamLiquid: Teaching trolls latin since 2002 || Before every post ask yourself, how would I feel if someone else said it? ||
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
March 13 2012 13:33 GMT
#69
On March 13 2012 14:59 iDThePlayer wrote:
I don't have any money right now, but I want to read it, but I would feel bad D:

Can I read now and donate later? :O


Definitely! I think that's what a lot of people are doing.
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
Greendotz
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2053 Posts
March 13 2012 14:37 GMT
#70
On March 13 2012 14:27 Ruscour wrote:
You should've made it a minimum of 0.01, you would've ended up with more actual purchases (as in, more than 0.01).

I'll definitely give this a read.

EDIT: The Humble Indie Bundle does this and if not for it, I probably would've just gotten the games for free instead of paying the $5 or whatever I ended up paying for it.



Actually if you're going to pay something pay at least $1, not $0.01. There was an indie video game that used a PWYW model and they lost a lot of money cause a load a short-sighted people only payed one cent, and the cost of each transaction was more than one cent (I can't remember the game but it's been cited on TotalBiscuit's channel numerous times whenever he talks about the PWYW model).

I don't know if this guy has the same set-up but the sentiment should still be the same, don't be a douche and just pay one cent, if you do choose to pay throw in at least a dollar or two.
DeaDoXFighting
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada115 Posts
March 13 2012 15:35 GMT
#71
Thanks! Looking forward to buy it man! Keep it up seems like a great job there!
Go Liquid Hero !!!!!
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
March 13 2012 16:11 GMT
#72
When can I buy a printed edition, with faults corrected?
I am not young enough to know everything.
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 17:48:24
March 13 2012 17:46 GMT
#73
On March 14 2012 01:11 Jiddra wrote:
When can I buy a printed edition, with faults corrected?


Yeah, the folks on Reddit have discovered 5 typos, 3 of which are very minor, 2 of which are moderate (Machine's combined win/loss record is not accurate, and one of the digits for Polt got messed up). It may be a couple months before I can implement those changes. Like I said, these are generally pretty small things in the course of a 300-page book with over 280 players, but they of course do need to be addressed (and, like every writer, I die a little on the inside when something like this is discovered post-release TT). I just can't do that right away.
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
Apom
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
France656 Posts
March 13 2012 18:41 GMT
#74
I browsed across the stats and read the Stephano page. It looks fairly interesting. I'll buy a physical volume next month if the price tag is below 10€ inc. shipping (car repairs this month...), but I'll send a few paypal dollars your way if I have to stick with the pdf.
MrMedic
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada452 Posts
March 13 2012 18:53 GMT
#75
Wow, this is awesome can't wait to read it. Hope one day it ships to Canada :D
shadowy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Bulgaria305 Posts
March 13 2012 19:03 GMT
#76
I am starting to read right now. Will feedback when I am done.
[Fear the leather Gracket!] // ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ // Liquid'Hero hwaiting!
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
March 13 2012 19:12 GMT
#77
On March 14 2012 03:41 Apom wrote:
I browsed across the stats and read the Stephano page. It looks fairly interesting. I'll buy a physical volume next month if the price tag is below 10€ inc. shipping (car repairs this month...), but I'll send a few paypal dollars your way if I have to stick with the pdf.


Thanks! Amazon's international sites should have the book up within a month or two. I know that's a bummer, but hopefully you can find it there eventually.
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
March 13 2012 19:39 GMT
#78
@ TLStaff

I think this thread deserves to be in the community news because of the free pdf and the book itself is a huge enrichment of our community.

Quote if you agree.

ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
HaiFiSCH26
Profile Joined November 2011
Bulgaria91 Posts
March 13 2012 21:14 GMT
#79
Awww thats so cool,i woud've deffinately bought it if i could but sadly i dont have credit or debit card so i cant...I hate reading from computer and i dont know if i will be able to read it but good work,makes me even more happy for the SC2 scene and the people in it!
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
March 13 2012 21:22 GMT
#80
Very nice, will look into the book!
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM869
TKL 384
TaKeTV 314
IndyStarCraft 203
BRAT_OK 126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 869
TKL 384
IndyStarCraft 203
MaxPax 168
BRAT_OK 126
UpATreeSC 87
MindelVK 22
EmSc Tv 14
JuggernautJason9
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 726
ggaemo 177
firebathero 136
White-Ra 122
910 59
Barracks 58
Hyun 37
Trap 33
Killer 26
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 17
Shine 14
soO 14
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva4774
Counter-Strike
Fnx 765
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6833
crisheroes1700
Liquid`Hasu1526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3463
singsing1494
Beastyqt752
ceh9634
B2W.Neo511
ArmadaUGS188
C9.Mang0126
KnowMe79
Trikslyr50
Dewaltoss34
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream464
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 14
EmSc2Tv 14
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 67
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2413
• TFBlade796
Other Games
• Shiphtur277
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.