• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11354 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5119

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5162 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 02 2015 14:20 GMT
#102361
On June 02 2015 23:18 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 22:51 WaveofShadow wrote:
Bravely Default 2, huh?
Yangers, need a change of pants?
Or MB?
Or both?


Btw, I realized what you could stream forever.

WoW.

WAVE

WE COULD BE ALT LEVELING BUDDIES

WAVE YOU SHOULD DO THIS
It's your boy Guzma!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 02 2015 14:31 GMT
#102362
+ Show Spoiler +
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 02 2015 14:38 GMT
#102363
On June 02 2015 22:51 WaveofShadow wrote:
Bravely Default 2, huh?
Yangers, need a change of pants?
Or MB?
Or both?

The sequel was announced already by the time US/EU even got the first game IIRC. Meh.
Moderator
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 14:41:01
June 02 2015 14:40 GMT
#102364
I just want FE if already, giff release date Nintendo NA.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/2/8707135/report-dark-souls-3-will-be-announced-at-e3 This will also be a thing apparently.
Steam: rook492
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 14:44:39
June 02 2015 14:43 GMT
#102365
On June 02 2015 23:40 Crusnik wrote:
I just want FE if already, giff release date Nintendo NA.

I have zero expectations for FE if because:
1) The current plan for monetizing both paths seems awful
2) Pair up is still in the game

The fact that Codename STEAM was a total flop also can't have helped the budget situation at Intelligent.

It's a shame I don't have a Wii U because I actually expect SMTxFE to be a better game, lol.
Moderator
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 02 2015 14:51 GMT
#102366
I don't either, I'm just a huge fan of the series, although I haven't bothered to play the older games because of emulator reasons and not really having the time to play them.

GBA/DS/3DS are so much easier to play in the car.
Steam: rook492
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 02 2015 14:52 GMT
#102367
Or Wave, you could play Fallout 4. That'd bring in the views.

https://fallout.bethsoft.com
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 02 2015 14:55 GMT
#102368
On June 02 2015 23:18 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 22:51 WaveofShadow wrote:
Bravely Default 2, huh?
Yangers, need a change of pants?
Or MB?
Or both?


Btw, I realized what you could stream forever.

WoW.


MMORPGs are utterly boring to watch.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 14:56:56
June 02 2015 14:56 GMT
#102369
You should definitely go back and play 4, it's not like smartphone emulators are hard to find (especially since the iOS/Android version of SNES9X is free anyway).

There's not a ton of draw to play 3 if you've already played Shadow Dragon/New Mystery (and even if you haven't, a lot of aspects of the game will feel super-antiquated like weapon triangle not existing yet), and 5's never had a good translation.

5 is the game by far in the most need of a remake, since it doesn't have a working translation and has some frustrating mechanics like fatigue that could be removed/rebalanced in a remake. But in order to set up the story for 5, they'd have to remake 4 first.

On June 02 2015 23:52 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Or Wave, you could play Fallout 4. That'd bring in the views.

https://fallout.bethsoft.com

I'd much rather watch Fallout 1/2 than that, lol.

God, why did Bethesda have to get the Fallout IP...
Moderator
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 02 2015 14:56 GMT
#102370
I don't think I am willing to play FE iF. The game looks like a giant money grab.

Bravely Second is going to be a different game though iirc. I am looking forward to it.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 02 2015 14:58 GMT
#102371
I didn't like Shadow Dragon, although I do kinda need to replay it since when I did I went for Naga instead of Tiki, but I guess Tiki is the canon choice? I don't remember the story or if she needs to die for that that. Pretty much all I remember about it was that people were thrown at you, like you ended the game with around 30 characters or something, assuming you kept everyone alive.
Steam: rook492
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 02 2015 14:59 GMT
#102372
Wait, so are they pokemoning FE?
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 02 2015 14:59 GMT
#102373
On June 02 2015 23:58 Crusnik wrote:
I didn't like Shadow Dragon, although I do kinda need to replay it since when I did I went for Naga instead of Tiki, but I guess Tiki is the canon choice? I don't remember the story or if she needs to die for that that. Pretty much all I remember about it was that people were thrown at you, like you ended the game with around 30 characters or something, assuming you kept everyone alive.


I don't think anyone liked Shadow Dragon. The game was too bland.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 02 2015 15:01 GMT
#102374
On June 02 2015 23:59 Gahlo wrote:
Wait, so are they pokemoning FE?


To my understanding, yes.

Except the fact that in Pokemon the colour difference is minor. In this FE the difference is huge.

I think IS should have spent some time porting their games to the mobile platform instead.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 02 2015 15:05 GMT
#102375
On June 02 2015 23:56 TheYango wrote:
You should definitely go back and play 4, it's not like smartphone emulators are hard to find (especially since the iOS/Android version of SNES9X is free anyway).

There's not a ton of draw to play 3 if you've already played Shadow Dragon/New Mystery (and even if you haven't, a lot of aspects of the game will feel super-antiquated like weapon triangle not existing yet), and 5's never had a good translation.

5 is the game by far in the most need of a remake, since it doesn't have a working translation and has some frustrating mechanics like fatigue that could be removed/rebalanced in a remake. But in order to set up the story for 5, they'd have to remake 4 first.

Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 23:52 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Or Wave, you could play Fallout 4. That'd bring in the views.

https://fallout.bethsoft.com

I'd much rather watch Fallout 1/2 than that, lol.

God, why did Bethesda have to get the Fallout IP...

Speaking of things you want to watch, I'm going to draft tomorrow night.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 15:12:00
June 02 2015 15:05 GMT
#102376
Sort of. You can pay full price for either version of the game (digital version lets you wait till the decision point before committing to one side, thereafter permanently locking your game into that choice). You can buy the second path as DLC for ~$16 USD, plus the "third path" for another ~$16 USD. Or you can buy the collector's edition that has all 3 for ~$80 USD.

It should be noted that this is the monetization scheme for the Japanese release. Optimistic fans will say that the Western release might have a different model, but I'm not realy sure I buy that (especially since the abysmal sales #s for Codename STEAM means Intelligent will probably be scrambling for cash at FE if's release).

They've also said that each individual path will be a full complete game, but I'm kind of skeptical about that. This isn't like Pokemon versions where you just swap a few Pokemon at specific locations, each game is supposed to have it's own separate story. You don't double (triple if the "third path" is a release-day DLC) the amount of work you have to do and magically end up able to do each part equally well. You end up with either sacrifice in quality or in quantity.

On June 02 2015 23:59 Sufficiency wrote:
I don't think anyone liked Shadow Dragon. The game was too bland.

Shadow Dragon is what you get when Intelligent is really making a cash grab.

On June 03 2015 00:01 Sufficiency wrote:
I think IS should have spent some time porting their games to the mobile platform instead.

IDK whether they have the freedom to do that, since they're not entirely an independent developer.

If Nintendo wants them to develop for 3DS, I don't think they have an alternative option.

That said, I still think Jugdral remakes would still be better than a new universe.
Moderator
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 02 2015 15:17 GMT
#102377
@Yango Fallout 3 and New Vegas are great, don't hate. I mean, they aren't the same type of games as 1 and 2 but they are still really good. Go play Wasteland 2
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 02 2015 15:18 GMT
#102378
If IS does not have the freedom to do so, I think their franchise is doomed.

But it's OK, their insistence on certain game mechanics is dumb anyway.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 15:21:49
June 02 2015 15:19 GMT
#102379
On June 03 2015 00:17 onlywonderboy wrote:
@Yango Fallout 3 and New Vegas are great, don't hate. I mean, they aren't the same type of games as 1 and 2 but they are still really good. Go play Wasteland 2

New Vegas is great because it's an Obsidian game using Bethesda's engine. It's what "Fallout 3" should have been.

Fallout 3 is trash. My quip with it isn't just that it's not a good Fallout game--it's not a good game PERIOD, and the fact that it's using the Fallout IP is just icing on the cake.
Moderator
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 02 2015 15:21 GMT
#102380
On June 03 2015 00:19 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 00:17 onlywonderboy wrote:
@Yango Fallout 3 and New Vegas are great, don't hate. I mean, they aren't the same type of games as 1 and 2 but they are still really good. Go play Wasteland 2

New Vegas is great because it's an Obsidian game using Bethesda's engine.

Fallout 3 is trash. My quip with it isn't just that it's not a good Fallout game--it's not a good game PERIOD, and the fact that it's using the Fallout IP is just icing on the cake.

Oh, well, I disagree because I enjoyed my time with Fallout 3. New Vegas was better though.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Prev 1 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7474
Hyuk 554
Horang2 538
BeSt 464
Stork 167
sorry 99
Pusan 95
Shinee 81
Killer 80
Hyun 65
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 60
Mind 56
Bonyth 50
Snow 47
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 22
PianO 22
Sacsri 16
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe76
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
byalli9
x6flipin9
Other Games
gofns29392
singsing2147
ArmadaUGS75
Mew2King75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Lourlo1282
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
Replay Cast
12h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.