• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:17
CEST 00:17
KST 07:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7528 users

[SPL] CJ Entus vs. Team 8 R1 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
January 01 2013 04:48 GMT
#81
I've said before, I think the reason we never see reapers is that all the current ladder and regular tournament maps make them useless....

Blizzard: massively changes the reaper so it will be useful in hots.
Kespa: Makes a map that doesn't follow the current standards and instantly we see reapers.

I stand by my idea.


So far I really like seeing some "gimmicky" maps... maybe it's only good in this (PL) format... maybe not.
tiMelEfT
Profile Joined December 2012
United States228 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 04:51:29
January 01 2013 04:50 GMT
#82
On January 01 2013 13:48 y0su wrote:
I've said before, I think the reason we never see reapers is that all the current ladder and regular tournament maps make them useless....

Blizzard: massively changes the reaper so it will be useful in hots.
Kespa: Makes a map that doesn't follow the current standards and instantly we see reapers.

I stand by my idea.


So far I really like seeing some "gimmicky" maps... maybe it's only good in this (PL) format... maybe not.


Blizzard's constant balance patches are indeed pathetic. Variety of maps can balance a lot of those racial problems out.
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
January 01 2013 04:51 GMT
#83
On January 01 2013 13:48 y0su wrote:
I've said before, I think the reason we never see reapers is that all the current ladder and regular tournament maps make them useless....

Blizzard: massively changes the reaper so it will be useful in hots.
Kespa: Makes a map that doesn't follow the current standards and instantly we see reapers.

I stand by my idea.


So far I really like seeing some "gimmicky" maps... maybe it's only good in this (PL) format... maybe not.


i agree that it is a good idea to switch up the maps a bit to enforce a different playstyle or adress balance if necessarily. Kespa has long experiences with this in bw as well
Broodwar for life!
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
January 01 2013 04:54 GMT
#84
On January 01 2013 13:50 tiMelEfT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 13:48 y0su wrote:
I've said before, I think the reason we never see reapers is that all the current ladder and regular tournament maps make them useless....

Blizzard: massively changes the reaper so it will be useful in hots.
Kespa: Makes a map that doesn't follow the current standards and instantly we see reapers.

I stand by my idea.


So far I really like seeing some "gimmicky" maps... maybe it's only good in this (PL) format... maybe not.


Blizzard's constant balance patches are indeed pathetic. Variety of maps can balance a lot of those racial problems out.

Arkanoid doesn't solve anything. It's a terribly imbalanced and gimmicky map, but you can argue it has its place in PL.
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
January 01 2013 04:54 GMT
#85
WTF? BaBy actually won?

WTF?
tiMelEfT
Profile Joined December 2012
United States228 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 04:57:25
January 01 2013 04:55 GMT
#86
On January 01 2013 13:54 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 13:50 tiMelEfT wrote:
On January 01 2013 13:48 y0su wrote:
I've said before, I think the reason we never see reapers is that all the current ladder and regular tournament maps make them useless....

Blizzard: massively changes the reaper so it will be useful in hots.
Kespa: Makes a map that doesn't follow the current standards and instantly we see reapers.

I stand by my idea.


So far I really like seeing some "gimmicky" maps... maybe it's only good in this (PL) format... maybe not.


Blizzard's constant balance patches are indeed pathetic. Variety of maps can balance a lot of those racial problems out.

Arkanoid doesn't solve anything. It's a terribly imbalanced and gimmicky map, but you can argue it has its place in PL.


Any single map can't solve anything, a group of them does. Arkanoid is the best map in 2012, probably 2013 also.
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
January 01 2013 04:57 GMT
#87
On January 01 2013 13:55 tiMelEfT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 13:54 StarVe wrote:
On January 01 2013 13:50 tiMelEfT wrote:
On January 01 2013 13:48 y0su wrote:
I've said before, I think the reason we never see reapers is that all the current ladder and regular tournament maps make them useless....

Blizzard: massively changes the reaper so it will be useful in hots.
Kespa: Makes a map that doesn't follow the current standards and instantly we see reapers.

I stand by my idea.


So far I really like seeing some "gimmicky" maps... maybe it's only good in this (PL) format... maybe not.


Blizzard's constant balance patches are indeed pathetic. Variety of maps can balance a lot of those racial problems out.

Arkanoid doesn't solve anything. It's a terribly imbalanced and gimmicky map, but you can argue it has its place in PL.


Any single map can't solve anything, a group of them does. Arkanoid is the best map in 2012.


think so too.
Broodwar for life!
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
January 01 2013 04:59 GMT
#88
I like Arkanoid, I think it makes for interesting games, but I don't think you can have maps like this in individual leagues.
tiMelEfT
Profile Joined December 2012
United States228 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 05:02:01
January 01 2013 05:00 GMT
#89
On January 01 2013 13:59 sitromit wrote:
I like Arkanoid, I think it makes for interesting games, but I don't think you can have maps like this in individual leagues.


In BW days, much stranger maps have been appeared in individual leagues, messed up a lot players, but they are usually the most memorable ones.
nunez
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway4003 Posts
January 01 2013 05:03 GMT
#90
nice LoS-blocker ling trap by savage!
conspired against by a confederacy of dunces.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
January 01 2013 05:03 GMT
#91
On January 01 2013 13:55 tiMelEfT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 13:54 StarVe wrote:
On January 01 2013 13:50 tiMelEfT wrote:
On January 01 2013 13:48 y0su wrote:
I've said before, I think the reason we never see reapers is that all the current ladder and regular tournament maps make them useless....

Blizzard: massively changes the reaper so it will be useful in hots.
Kespa: Makes a map that doesn't follow the current standards and instantly we see reapers.

I stand by my idea.


So far I really like seeing some "gimmicky" maps... maybe it's only good in this (PL) format... maybe not.


Blizzard's constant balance patches are indeed pathetic. Variety of maps can balance a lot of those racial problems out.

Arkanoid doesn't solve anything. It's a terribly imbalanced and gimmicky map, but you can argue it has its place in PL.


Any single map can't solve anything, a group of them does. Arkanoid is the best map in 2012, probably 2013 also.

I disagree, if there won't be a better map than Arkanoid in all of 2013, it looks pretty dire. I even like Whirlwind better from this year's maps.

"Now Calm Before the Storm was a terrible map, what if we made an island map with the same concept?"
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
January 01 2013 05:04 GMT
#92
I'm confused to what Bbyong did there.
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
January 01 2013 05:04 GMT
#93
why he didnt lift up his army TT
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
tiMelEfT
Profile Joined December 2012
United States228 Posts
January 01 2013 05:05 GMT
#94
Bbyong is dead.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
January 01 2013 05:05 GMT
#95
Why didn't he lift the Marines and fly away =/
Don't hate the player, hate the game
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
January 01 2013 05:05 GMT
#96
LOLOL banelings on he factory.
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
January 01 2013 05:06 GMT
#97
wtf how many blings did he waste on that facs?
Broodwar for life!
Fu[G]u
Profile Joined August 2010
United States187 Posts
January 01 2013 05:06 GMT
#98
god dammit this fuck need to stop shouting
tiMelEfT
Profile Joined December 2012
United States228 Posts
January 01 2013 05:06 GMT
#99
On January 01 2013 14:05 FuRong wrote:
Why didn't he lift the Marines and fly away =/


He probably thought he can trade ok in that fight.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 01 2013 05:06 GMT
#100
Poll: Recommend Bbyong vs Ryul2?

Yes (4)
 
57%

No (3)
 
43%

If you have time (0)
 
0%

7 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Bbyong vs Ryul2?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 107
JuggernautJason86
ViBE56
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 572
Artosis 177
firebathero 77
Zeus 66
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever488
League of Legends
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
minikerr6
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS107
PPMD41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5642
Liquid`Hasu1530
Other Games
summit1g7246
shahzam547
byalli398
C9.Mang0194
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV272
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki36
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 43m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 43m
Stellar Fest
14h 43m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.