• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:05
CEST 16:05
KST 23:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11725 users

[IPTL] Team Liquid vs MVP - Premier - Page 13

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:47 GMT
#241
On September 26 2012 10:40 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:37 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:35 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:32 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:29 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:22 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:09 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 MasterKang wrote:
[quote]

butthurt fanboy detected

That engagement shouldn't have won Monster the game if Taeja hadn't left half his marines back home and focused-fire with the tanks better.


Half his marines? There were like 12 marines at home compared to the around 40 he had in the battle (12 =/= 1/2x40) and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities. How does taeja's poor focus firing mean that it was a "lucky random timing". It's called a muta/ling/bling attack when maxed out. Not that uncommon, especially on antiga. There's a reason why there was no infestation pit on the way and the 4th was late

Because the tanks each used up about 2 shots each on pure lings and not on the clumps of banelings. I didn't say that it was a "lucky random timing" it was a dedicated attack that was meant to trade armies and maybe do some economic damage, but Taeja shouldn't have went out without a maxed army.
And 12 + 8 = 20 = 1/2x40.


If you weren't trying to support the claim that it was "a lucky random timing" then why would you reply to me in an order that would imply that, i.e. immediately after I called someone out for that stupid claim.

I never made the claim that the attack should have won the game. What I did say, or imply I guess, was that to say it was a "lucky" and "random" timing is utterly stupid and a clear indication of a butthurt fan.

"and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities." The "them" in "of them" refers to the "12 marines at home" I had mentioned. I know simple arithmetic, read more carefully

Because I was commenting that Taeja was in the wrong to move out pre-max, and that if he had waited for his round of production to finish he would have stood a better chance in an engagement that was severly lopsided?
Once again, the "12+8" supports my idea that Taeja should have waited.

EDIT: You seem to be getting all upset over nothing...


Then why didn't you simply just make a separate post, rather than seeming like you were defending him. Once again, it's not "12+8" it's just 12. I'm not really sure why you didn't get that yet.

Really? I didn't realize I sounded upset, what with all the organized logic and stuff. In that case, I could say the same, you seem upset, since defending a point seems to indicate anger.

o.O I'm saying that Taeja should have waited for more marines...since you say that he was producing 8 marines at a time, and he would have had 12 then, in my opinion he should have continued to wait until he had "12+8".

Idk dude, when I look at how you respond to CosmicSpiral's posts i think you're pretty mad


How can he wait for more marines when Monster is the one making a timing attack lol. It's called a timing attack for a reason, he was maxed out and thus attacked.

Then you've clearly misinterpreted. It actually seems like you're getting a little frustrated yourself

Because Monster had the watch-tower, saw that Taeja's army was kinda small when he poked out, and therefore initiated the attack.
Uhh i'm not sure where you get that i'm frustrated as
1. I don't actually know you...
2. It's the internet
3. We're debating about a topic that is really insignificant

EDIT: I'm just going to stop paying attention to this conversation as it is probably going to turn into some long-winded argument that stretches the thread on needlessly for another 5 pages.


So Taeja should have made more marines because "Monster had the watch-tower and saw Taeja's army". How could he have known that his army was small in comparison to Monster'sunless he scanned? That's the point of the timing attack.

Exactly. So I'm not exactly sure where you got that I was upset as
1. I don't know you either
2. It's the internet
3. Your support has been pretty lackluster, so not much to get ruffled over

Very mature, get in the last word then leave. There's a reason why debates have equal number of rebuttals.
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
aviator116
Profile Joined November 2011
United States820 Posts
September 26 2012 01:53 GMT
#242
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?

My guess is yes, but he likes getting into lots and lots of arguments over the internet more .
Bogus ST_Life IMMVP
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
September 26 2012 01:55 GMT
#243
On September 26 2012 10:45 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:41 FataLe wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:20 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:16 FataLe wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:13 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 Waxangel wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


saving this in case you ever call anyone out ever again :o


...Okay? I never called out anyone in this thread.

You're ridiculous. Relax, he's pulling your leg. Sheeesh.


Who cares?

...













On September 26 2012 10:18 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 AlternativeEgo wrote:
CosmicSpiral and MasterKang 1v1 gogo


wouldn't be much of a match unless at least diamond


Clearly he was referring to apple-bobbing. Being the number one apple-bobber in Nantucket, you stand no chance against my fruit micro.

You obviously do as you keep replying. Just forget about it -_-


I like having conversations (or simple back-and-forth talks) with people I do not know. It's something I started doing far too late in my life.

Okay, keep tugging at that line there fishy.
hi. big fan.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 01:57:21
September 26 2012 01:56 GMT
#244
On September 26 2012 10:44 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?


You didn't directly defend yourself, but you tried to steer the conversation away from your error with your "who cares?". The "who cares" led to a new slew of posts because I highly doubt that you've never pointed out someone's mistake; thus, there's some hypocrisy present that I felt needed to be addressed.

I actually couldn't care less about your posts. The conversation really should have ended with "Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof" but you insisted on continuing with the "who cares" again. I was never defending some claim that I previously made, so I have no idea where your "caring about being right" accusation came from. Funny thing is that's what I initially thought you were when you insisted on continuing


Many of my longer posts are dedicated to pointing out errors in reasoning; however, I usually reserve that for very long posts that attempt to make an comprehensive argument.

Absolute statements allow me to write spontaneous and have subtext in my posts instead of being purely dry and factual.

It certainly seems like you place great value on being right/wrong judging from your posts. However, the conversation has shed some light on our respective personalities and that is far more interesting personally than debating the merits of my original post (which was obviously wrong).

On September 26 2012 10:55 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:45 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:41 FataLe wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:20 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:16 FataLe wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:13 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 Waxangel wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


saving this in case you ever call anyone out ever again :o


...Okay? I never called out anyone in this thread.

You're ridiculous. Relax, he's pulling your leg. Sheeesh.


Who cares?

...













On September 26 2012 10:18 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 AlternativeEgo wrote:
CosmicSpiral and MasterKang 1v1 gogo


wouldn't be much of a match unless at least diamond


Clearly he was referring to apple-bobbing. Being the number one apple-bobber in Nantucket, you stand no chance against my fruit micro.

You obviously do as you keep replying. Just forget about it -_-


I like having conversations (or simple back-and-forth talks) with people I do not know. It's something I started doing far too late in my life.

Okay, keep tugging at that line there fishy.


You can't put me in a bowl! >_>
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:56 GMT
#245
On September 26 2012 10:53 aviator116 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?

My guess is yes, but he likes getting into lots and lots of arguments over the internet more .


NIce out of context contribution
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
aviator116
Profile Joined November 2011
United States820 Posts
September 26 2012 01:59 GMT
#246
On September 26 2012 10:56 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:53 aviator116 wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
[quote]

you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?

My guess is yes, but he likes getting into lots and lots of arguments over the internet more .


NIce out of context contribution

Sorry man, just weighing in based on just reading through this thread <3
And thanks for proving my point too
Bogus ST_Life IMMVP
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 02:02 GMT
#247
On September 26 2012 10:56 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:44 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
[quote]

you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?


You didn't directly defend yourself, but you tried to steer the conversation away from your error with your "who cares?". The "who cares" led to a new slew of posts because I highly doubt that you've never pointed out someone's mistake; thus, there's some hypocrisy present that I felt needed to be addressed.

I actually couldn't care less about your posts. The conversation really should have ended with "Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof" but you insisted on continuing with the "who cares" again. I was never defending some claim that I previously made, so I have no idea where your "caring about being right" accusation came from. Funny thing is that's what I initially thought you were when you insisted on continuing


Many of my longer posts are dedicated to pointing out errors in reasoning; however, I usually reserve that for very long posts that attempt to make an comprehensive argument.

Absolute statements allow me to write spontaneous and have subtext in my posts instead of being purely dry and factual.

It certainly seems like you place great value on being right/wrong judging from your posts. However, the conversation has shed some light on our respective personalities and that is far more interesting personally than debating the merits of my original post (which was obviously wrong).


Longer =/= more comprehensive argument. In fact, arguments should be to the point. Just saying.

You don't have to act infallible to avoid being dry. What's wrong with saying "Taeja got this" instead of "taeja already won this". Essentially the same message gets sent, neither is more dry than the other, but the 1st is much less absolute, friendlier, and less prone to incorrectness.

Judging from your posts, it certainly seems that you place great value on being right/wrong, considering this whole conversation evolved from your initial refusal to accept your error without an attack in response.
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
Doubting
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada981 Posts
September 26 2012 02:02 GMT
#248
Well when you only have 1 player consistency can be tough
Life: The New Champion!!
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 02:06:39
September 26 2012 02:05 GMT
#249
On September 26 2012 10:59 aviator116 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:56 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:53 aviator116 wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
[quote]

Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?

My guess is yes, but he likes getting into lots and lots of arguments over the internet more .


NIce out of context contribution

Sorry man, just weighing in based on just reading through this thread <3
And thanks for proving my point too


Just based on those two points, I can tell you're one of those people who act like they're above the quarreling masses of the internet by generally avoiding them and only finding opportunities to add in short, sly comments just to show that you're just that witty. Actually, I could tell that from your first post, but the second one proved it for sure

Edit: on post 999, don't really wana waste 1000th post on you or that other guy. Have a nice life, keep up the wit
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 26 2012 02:07 GMT
#250
On September 26 2012 11:05 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:59 aviator116 wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:56 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:53 aviator116 wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
[quote]

Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?

My guess is yes, but he likes getting into lots and lots of arguments over the internet more .


NIce out of context contribution

Sorry man, just weighing in based on just reading through this thread <3
And thanks for proving my point too


Just based on those two points, I can tell you're one of those people who act like they're above the quarreling masses of the internet by generally avoiding them and only finding opportunities to add in short, sly comments just to show that you're just that witty. Actually, I could tell that from your first post, but the second one proved it for sure

Edit: on post 999, don't really wana waste 1000th post on you or that other guy. Have a nice life, keep up the wit


ohh ohh do me next
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
September 26 2012 02:09 GMT
#251
On September 26 2012 11:02 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:56 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:44 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
[quote]

Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?


You didn't directly defend yourself, but you tried to steer the conversation away from your error with your "who cares?". The "who cares" led to a new slew of posts because I highly doubt that you've never pointed out someone's mistake; thus, there's some hypocrisy present that I felt needed to be addressed.

I actually couldn't care less about your posts. The conversation really should have ended with "Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof" but you insisted on continuing with the "who cares" again. I was never defending some claim that I previously made, so I have no idea where your "caring about being right" accusation came from. Funny thing is that's what I initially thought you were when you insisted on continuing


Many of my longer posts are dedicated to pointing out errors in reasoning; however, I usually reserve that for very long posts that attempt to make an comprehensive argument.

Absolute statements allow me to write spontaneous and have subtext in my posts instead of being purely dry and factual.

It certainly seems like you place great value on being right/wrong judging from your posts. However, the conversation has shed some light on our respective personalities and that is far more interesting personally than debating the merits of my original post (which was obviously wrong).


Longer =/= more comprehensive argument. In fact, arguments should be to the point. Just saying.

You don't have to act infallible to avoid being dry. What's wrong with saying "Taeja got this" instead of "taeja already won this". Essentially the same message gets sent, neither is more dry than the other, but the 1st is much less absolute, friendlier, and less prone to incorrectness.

Judging from your posts, it certainly seems that you place great value on being right/wrong, considering this whole conversation evolved from your initial refusal to accept your error without an attack in response.


Arguments that are to the point generally make errors in their assumptions. They simply don't take the time to examine the validity of their own propositions. Of course longer arguments can also be full of useless junk.

"Taeja got this" doesn't express my annoyance that once again, Taeja has had the responsibility of winning another team league match by himself. Or my annoyance that once again, Taeja follows up an extremely aggressive early game attack with an extremely economic followup and the zerg decides to sit back passively.

If an attack involves admitting I had very little investment in the truth of my initial statement, then yes I did take a hockey stick to your face.

WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
aviator116
Profile Joined November 2011
United States820 Posts
September 26 2012 02:10 GMT
#252
On September 26 2012 11:05 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:59 aviator116 wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:56 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:53 aviator116 wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
[quote]

Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?

My guess is yes, but he likes getting into lots and lots of arguments over the internet more .


NIce out of context contribution

Sorry man, just weighing in based on just reading through this thread <3
And thanks for proving my point too


Just based on those two points, I can tell you're one of those people who act like they're above the quarreling masses of the internet by generally avoiding them and only finding opportunities to add in short, sly comments just to show that you're just that witty. Actually, I could tell that from your first post, but the second one proved it for sure

Edit: on post 999, don't really wana waste 1000th post on you or that other guy. Have a nice life, keep up the wit

Thanks for the compliments <3 I enjoy being sly and witty
It's posters like you on TL that make my day go by so much smoother, knowing that there are people out there who understand me so well and can fully appreciate the expanse of my wit and humor, as well as understanding my tactics of maintaining my superiority by staying above the mess of confusion that goes on in the forums.
Bogus ST_Life IMMVP
Rube_Juice
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada348 Posts
September 26 2012 02:19 GMT
#253
Thread aching to be closed...
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 02:27:08
September 26 2012 02:26 GMT
#254
nvm
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
September 26 2012 02:46 GMT
#255
I'm glad that at least one non-Korean on Liquid picked up a win today. Good old reliable Sheth!
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
brokenLoL
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom419 Posts
September 26 2012 03:01 GMT
#256
Taeja is pretty much only good in offline tournaments. Look at his loss vs Stephano last IPTL match then look at his wins at dhv.

Also this win isn't even that huge because its online and a best of 1.
Save me from myself
M7Jagger
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden237 Posts
September 26 2012 03:06 GMT
#257
On September 26 2012 12:01 brokenLoL wrote:
Taeja is pretty much only good in offline tournaments. Look at his loss vs Stephano last IPTL match then look at his wins at dhv.

Also this win isn't even that huge because its online and a best of 1.


Yeah, he totally sucks in IPTL, just look at last season, didn't manage to all kill IM twice in a row.
Brace your're selves. Grammar, nazis are Coming
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
September 26 2012 03:16 GMT
#258
so i hear monster is a monster
can i get my estro logo back pls
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
September 26 2012 03:29 GMT
#259
On September 26 2012 02:09 nkr wrote:
I'm hoping for liquid but I think MvP will win 5-3


The Messiah
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
September 26 2012 03:40 GMT
#260
On September 26 2012 12:06 M7Jagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 12:01 brokenLoL wrote:
Taeja is pretty much only good in offline tournaments. Look at his loss vs Stephano last IPTL match then look at his wins at dhv.

Also this win isn't even that huge because its online and a best of 1.


Yeah, he totally sucks in IPTL, just look at last season, didn't manage to all kill IM twice in a row.

...how do people even forget the epic nature of what Taeja did at the IPTL.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 278
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 278
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41390
Bisu 2791
Hyuk 1689
Shuttle 1619
Mini 695
EffOrt 631
Larva 445
Soma 320
firebathero 234
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 98
Zeus 73
Pusan 67
Sexy 53
Killer 50
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 36
Mong 35
sorry 32
Hm[arnc] 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Rock 12
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1496
Dendi987
Counter-Strike
fl0m1052
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes1020
Liquid`Hasu455
Lowko428
Other Games
gofns50010
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1350
DeMusliM276
Livibee173
Hui .142
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King86
ZerO(Twitch)20
CosmosSc2 18
elazer12
KnowMe4
Beastyqt1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6612
League of Legends
• Jankos1901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 56m
INu's Battles
21h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.