• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:20
CEST 18:20
KST 01:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8257 users

[IPTL] Team Liquid vs MVP - Premier - Page 12

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:24 GMT
#221
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
September 26 2012 01:25 GMT
#222
wow
tails and vampire getting pretty good.
moo...for DRG
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
September 26 2012 01:28 GMT
#223
Congratulations to MVP!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 01:30:14
September 26 2012 01:29 GMT
#224
On September 26 2012 10:22 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:17 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:09 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 Original exxo wrote:
lol, what a lucky random timing


butthurt fanboy detected

That engagement shouldn't have won Monster the game if Taeja hadn't left half his marines back home and focused-fire with the tanks better.


Half his marines? There were like 12 marines at home compared to the around 40 he had in the battle (12 =/= 1/2x40) and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities. How does taeja's poor focus firing mean that it was a "lucky random timing". It's called a muta/ling/bling attack when maxed out. Not that uncommon, especially on antiga. There's a reason why there was no infestation pit on the way and the 4th was late

Because the tanks each used up about 2 shots each on pure lings and not on the clumps of banelings. I didn't say that it was a "lucky random timing" it was a dedicated attack that was meant to trade armies and maybe do some economic damage, but Taeja shouldn't have went out without a maxed army.
And 12 + 8 = 20 = 1/2x40.


If you weren't trying to support the claim that it was "a lucky random timing" then why would you reply to me in an order that would imply that, i.e. immediately after I called someone out for that stupid claim.

I never made the claim that the attack should have won the game. What I did say, or imply I guess, was that to say it was a "lucky" and "random" timing is utterly stupid and a clear indication of a butthurt fan.

"and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities." The "them" in "of them" refers to the "12 marines at home" I had mentioned. I know simple arithmetic, read more carefully

Because I was commenting that Taeja was in the wrong to move out pre-max, and that if he had waited for his round of production to finish he would have stood a better chance in an engagement that was severly lopsided?
Once again, the "12+8" supports my idea that Taeja should have waited.

EDIT: You seem to be getting all upset and riled up over nothing, especially when also looking at how you reply to CosmicSpiral's posts
¯\_(シ)_/¯
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
September 26 2012 01:29 GMT
#225
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


I don't see why you are so bugged about an offhand comment that turned out to be wrong. Explain this to me.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Whynaut
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada367 Posts
September 26 2012 01:30 GMT
#226
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.
Kamwah
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom724 Posts
September 26 2012 01:31 GMT
#227
On September 26 2012 10:29 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


I don't see why you are so bugged about an offhand comment that turned out to be wrong. Explain this to me.


You're being trolled.
Learn to count with CatsPajamas!
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:32 GMT
#228
On September 26 2012 10:29 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:22 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:09 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 Original exxo wrote:
lol, what a lucky random timing


butthurt fanboy detected

That engagement shouldn't have won Monster the game if Taeja hadn't left half his marines back home and focused-fire with the tanks better.


Half his marines? There were like 12 marines at home compared to the around 40 he had in the battle (12 =/= 1/2x40) and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities. How does taeja's poor focus firing mean that it was a "lucky random timing". It's called a muta/ling/bling attack when maxed out. Not that uncommon, especially on antiga. There's a reason why there was no infestation pit on the way and the 4th was late

Because the tanks each used up about 2 shots each on pure lings and not on the clumps of banelings. I didn't say that it was a "lucky random timing" it was a dedicated attack that was meant to trade armies and maybe do some economic damage, but Taeja shouldn't have went out without a maxed army.
And 12 + 8 = 20 = 1/2x40.


If you weren't trying to support the claim that it was "a lucky random timing" then why would you reply to me in an order that would imply that, i.e. immediately after I called someone out for that stupid claim.

I never made the claim that the attack should have won the game. What I did say, or imply I guess, was that to say it was a "lucky" and "random" timing is utterly stupid and a clear indication of a butthurt fan.

"and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities." The "them" in "of them" refers to the "12 marines at home" I had mentioned. I know simple arithmetic, read more carefully

Because I was commenting that Taeja was in the wrong to move out pre-max, and that if he had waited for his round of production to finish he would have stood a better chance in an engagement that was severly lopsided?
Once again, the "12+8" supports my idea that Taeja should have waited.

EDIT: You seem to be getting all upset over nothing...


Then why didn't you simply just make a separate post, rather than seeming like you were defending him. Once again, it's not "12+8" it's just 12. I'm not really sure why you didn't get that yet.

Really? I didn't realize I sounded upset, what with all the organized logic and stuff. In that case, I could say the same, you seem upset, since defending a point seems to indicate anger.
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:33 GMT
#229
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
September 26 2012 01:34 GMT
#230
Wow, congratulations MVP! I'm surprised that Monster beat Taeja. I want DRG to play too, ya know?
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 01:36:48
September 26 2012 01:35 GMT
#231
On September 26 2012 10:32 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:29 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:22 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:09 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 Original exxo wrote:
lol, what a lucky random timing


butthurt fanboy detected

That engagement shouldn't have won Monster the game if Taeja hadn't left half his marines back home and focused-fire with the tanks better.


Half his marines? There were like 12 marines at home compared to the around 40 he had in the battle (12 =/= 1/2x40) and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities. How does taeja's poor focus firing mean that it was a "lucky random timing". It's called a muta/ling/bling attack when maxed out. Not that uncommon, especially on antiga. There's a reason why there was no infestation pit on the way and the 4th was late

Because the tanks each used up about 2 shots each on pure lings and not on the clumps of banelings. I didn't say that it was a "lucky random timing" it was a dedicated attack that was meant to trade armies and maybe do some economic damage, but Taeja shouldn't have went out without a maxed army.
And 12 + 8 = 20 = 1/2x40.


If you weren't trying to support the claim that it was "a lucky random timing" then why would you reply to me in an order that would imply that, i.e. immediately after I called someone out for that stupid claim.

I never made the claim that the attack should have won the game. What I did say, or imply I guess, was that to say it was a "lucky" and "random" timing is utterly stupid and a clear indication of a butthurt fan.

"and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities." The "them" in "of them" refers to the "12 marines at home" I had mentioned. I know simple arithmetic, read more carefully

Because I was commenting that Taeja was in the wrong to move out pre-max, and that if he had waited for his round of production to finish he would have stood a better chance in an engagement that was severly lopsided?
Once again, the "12+8" supports my idea that Taeja should have waited.

EDIT: You seem to be getting all upset over nothing...


Then why didn't you simply just make a separate post, rather than seeming like you were defending him. Once again, it's not "12+8" it's just 12. I'm not really sure why you didn't get that yet.

Really? I didn't realize I sounded upset, what with all the organized logic and stuff. In that case, I could say the same, you seem upset, since defending a point seems to indicate anger.

o.O Because it was a comment on the topic of the engagement?
I'm saying that Taeja should have waited for more marines...since you say that he was producing 8 marines at a time, and he would have had 12 then, in my opinion he should have continued to wait until he had "12+8".

Idk dude (im assuming you're a dude, please don't be offended if you arent...), when I look at how you respond to CosmicSpiral's posts i think you're pretty mad
¯\_(シ)_/¯
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:35 GMT
#232
On September 26 2012 10:29 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


I don't see why you are so bugged about an offhand comment that turned out to be wrong. Explain this to me.


It only took about 15 seconds to write that post, I'm not bugged at all. I don't see why you're so bugged that someone pointed out you were wrong when you clearly were.
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:37 GMT
#233
On September 26 2012 10:35 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:32 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:29 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:22 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:09 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 Original exxo wrote:
lol, what a lucky random timing


butthurt fanboy detected

That engagement shouldn't have won Monster the game if Taeja hadn't left half his marines back home and focused-fire with the tanks better.


Half his marines? There were like 12 marines at home compared to the around 40 he had in the battle (12 =/= 1/2x40) and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities. How does taeja's poor focus firing mean that it was a "lucky random timing". It's called a muta/ling/bling attack when maxed out. Not that uncommon, especially on antiga. There's a reason why there was no infestation pit on the way and the 4th was late

Because the tanks each used up about 2 shots each on pure lings and not on the clumps of banelings. I didn't say that it was a "lucky random timing" it was a dedicated attack that was meant to trade armies and maybe do some economic damage, but Taeja shouldn't have went out without a maxed army.
And 12 + 8 = 20 = 1/2x40.


If you weren't trying to support the claim that it was "a lucky random timing" then why would you reply to me in an order that would imply that, i.e. immediately after I called someone out for that stupid claim.

I never made the claim that the attack should have won the game. What I did say, or imply I guess, was that to say it was a "lucky" and "random" timing is utterly stupid and a clear indication of a butthurt fan.

"and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities." The "them" in "of them" refers to the "12 marines at home" I had mentioned. I know simple arithmetic, read more carefully

Because I was commenting that Taeja was in the wrong to move out pre-max, and that if he had waited for his round of production to finish he would have stood a better chance in an engagement that was severly lopsided?
Once again, the "12+8" supports my idea that Taeja should have waited.

EDIT: You seem to be getting all upset over nothing...


Then why didn't you simply just make a separate post, rather than seeming like you were defending him. Once again, it's not "12+8" it's just 12. I'm not really sure why you didn't get that yet.

Really? I didn't realize I sounded upset, what with all the organized logic and stuff. In that case, I could say the same, you seem upset, since defending a point seems to indicate anger.

o.O I'm saying that Taeja should have waited for more marines...since you say that he was producing 8 marines at a time, and he would have had 12 then, in my opinion he should have continued to wait until he had "12+8".

Idk dude, when I look at how you respond to CosmicSpiral's posts i think you're pretty mad


How can he wait for more marines when Monster is the one making a timing attack lol. It's called a timing attack for a reason, he was maxed out and thus attacked.

Then you've clearly misinterpreted. It actually seems like you're getting a little frustrated yourself
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 01:38:48
September 26 2012 01:38 GMT
#234
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
September 26 2012 01:39 GMT
#235
Hmm didn't Liquid got a second place last season?

CURSED!!!
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 01:42:05
September 26 2012 01:40 GMT
#236
On September 26 2012 10:37 MasterKang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:35 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:32 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:29 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:22 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:09 Whatson wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 Original exxo wrote:
lol, what a lucky random timing


butthurt fanboy detected

That engagement shouldn't have won Monster the game if Taeja hadn't left half his marines back home and focused-fire with the tanks better.


Half his marines? There were like 12 marines at home compared to the around 40 he had in the battle (12 =/= 1/2x40) and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities. How does taeja's poor focus firing mean that it was a "lucky random timing". It's called a muta/ling/bling attack when maxed out. Not that uncommon, especially on antiga. There's a reason why there was no infestation pit on the way and the 4th was late

Because the tanks each used up about 2 shots each on pure lings and not on the clumps of banelings. I didn't say that it was a "lucky random timing" it was a dedicated attack that was meant to trade armies and maybe do some economic damage, but Taeja shouldn't have went out without a maxed army.
And 12 + 8 = 20 = 1/2x40.


If you weren't trying to support the claim that it was "a lucky random timing" then why would you reply to me in an order that would imply that, i.e. immediately after I called someone out for that stupid claim.

I never made the claim that the attack should have won the game. What I did say, or imply I guess, was that to say it was a "lucky" and "random" timing is utterly stupid and a clear indication of a butthurt fan.

"and about 8 of them would have been straight out of production facilities." The "them" in "of them" refers to the "12 marines at home" I had mentioned. I know simple arithmetic, read more carefully

Because I was commenting that Taeja was in the wrong to move out pre-max, and that if he had waited for his round of production to finish he would have stood a better chance in an engagement that was severly lopsided?
Once again, the "12+8" supports my idea that Taeja should have waited.

EDIT: You seem to be getting all upset over nothing...


Then why didn't you simply just make a separate post, rather than seeming like you were defending him. Once again, it's not "12+8" it's just 12. I'm not really sure why you didn't get that yet.

Really? I didn't realize I sounded upset, what with all the organized logic and stuff. In that case, I could say the same, you seem upset, since defending a point seems to indicate anger.

o.O I'm saying that Taeja should have waited for more marines...since you say that he was producing 8 marines at a time, and he would have had 12 then, in my opinion he should have continued to wait until he had "12+8".

Idk dude, when I look at how you respond to CosmicSpiral's posts i think you're pretty mad


How can he wait for more marines when Monster is the one making a timing attack lol. It's called a timing attack for a reason, he was maxed out and thus attacked.

Then you've clearly misinterpreted. It actually seems like you're getting a little frustrated yourself

Because Monster had the watch-tower, saw that Taeja's army was kinda small when he poked out, and therefore initiated the attack.
Uhh i'm not sure where you get that i'm frustrated as
1. I don't actually know you...
2. It's the internet
3. We're debating about a topic that is really insignificant

EDIT: I'm just going to stop paying attention to this conversation as it is probably going to turn into some long-winded argument that stretches the thread on needlessly for another 5 pages.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
September 26 2012 01:41 GMT
#237
On September 26 2012 10:20 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:16 FataLe wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:13 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 Waxangel wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


saving this in case you ever call anyone out ever again :o


...Okay? I never called out anyone in this thread.

You're ridiculous. Relax, he's pulling your leg. Sheeesh.


Who cares?

...













Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:18 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 AlternativeEgo wrote:
CosmicSpiral and MasterKang 1v1 gogo


wouldn't be much of a match unless at least diamond


Clearly he was referring to apple-bobbing. Being the number one apple-bobber in Nantucket, you stand no chance against my fruit micro.

You obviously do as you keep replying. Just forget about it -_-
hi. big fan.
MasterKang
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1373 Posts
September 26 2012 01:44 GMT
#238
On September 26 2012 10:38 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:33 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:30 Whynaut wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:24 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:15 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof


Again, who cares? I never presented the statement as an absolute fact.


"Taeja has already won this game. -_-" Seems pretty absolute to me. If you inserted the word "maybe, probably, or likely" in that sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded so established.


TL LR threads, where being wrong is a capital offense, and everyone will be sure to tell you.


I told him once that he was wrong. What followed after was him trying to defend himself despite the fact that he clearly was. Try not to butt in without context


I'm not trying to defend myself. I said that Taeja would win after Monster did nothing to stop the double expansion, and I was wrong. I'm quite happy about that: I really admire Monster's mechanics and I'm tired of Liquid depending on Taeja to pull them out of the hole. However you seem to care a lot more about my posts than I care about my posts, and I find that exceedingly curious considering we don't even know each other. Are you one of those people that cares a lot about being right all the time?


You didn't directly defend yourself, but you tried to steer the conversation away from your error with your "who cares?". The "who cares" led to a new slew of posts because I highly doubt that you've never pointed out someone's mistake; thus, there's some hypocrisy present that I felt needed to be addressed.

I actually couldn't care less about your posts. The conversation really should have ended with "Simply pointing out that next time you maybe shouldn't be so absolute in your claims unless you have some certain proof" but you insisted on continuing with the "who cares" again. I was never defending some claim that I previously made, so I have no idea where your "caring about being right" accusation came from. Funny thing is that's what I initially thought you were when you insisted on continuing
Players: MMA, Boxer, Ryung, Life, TaeJa, Squirtle, Brown, Dark,
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
September 26 2012 01:45 GMT
#239
On September 26 2012 10:41 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 10:20 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:16 FataLe wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:13 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:12 Waxangel wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:08 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
WHOOPS

I didn't expect Monster to hit such a good timing.


you were still ridiculously wrong


Who cares?


saving this in case you ever call anyone out ever again :o


...Okay? I never called out anyone in this thread.

You're ridiculous. Relax, he's pulling your leg. Sheeesh.


Who cares?

...













On September 26 2012 10:18 MasterKang wrote:
On September 26 2012 10:17 AlternativeEgo wrote:
CosmicSpiral and MasterKang 1v1 gogo


wouldn't be much of a match unless at least diamond


Clearly he was referring to apple-bobbing. Being the number one apple-bobber in Nantucket, you stand no chance against my fruit micro.

You obviously do as you keep replying. Just forget about it -_-


I like having conversations (or simple back-and-forth talks) with people I do not know. It's something I started doing far too late in my life.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
September 26 2012 01:46 GMT
#240
I'm not sure, but I got the impression that taeja was losing/sacrificing marines the entire game, while building more ccs and scvs. He was just really low on marines the entire game, sacrificing them to kill tumors/queens, getting caught out in the middle by lings, killed by ling runbys at the nat etc. Taeja was on a really strong eco, and continued to change marines for the zergs economy (or at least non-fighting units like queens, tumors etc). At a certain point monster was fed up and just went all-in, and taeja just barely hadn't had time to rebuild units to defend from his strong economy. Just a little later attack from monster and taeja would have won I think. So a bit too greedy harass play from taeja (his weakness maybe?) and a good call from monster.

Or that was how I saw it.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 67
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
IndyStarCraft 67
BRAT_OK 44
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30319
Bisu 2407
Shuttle 1620
Hyuk 980
EffOrt 671
Mini 640
ZerO 406
Larva 349
Soma 253
firebathero 210
[ Show more ]
hero 88
Hyun 47
PianO 44
Mong 43
Sexy 43
Trap 37
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 22
zelot 16
Rock 13
Terrorterran 13
Bale 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10494
qojqva1724
Dendi856
Counter-Strike
fl0m2430
Fnx 25
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1482
crisheroes1110
Liquid`Hasu631
Other Games
singsing1959
FrodaN1050
B2W.Neo935
Beastyqt709
Mlord404
Hui .220
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX178
KnowMe144
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King74
Trikslyr31
CosmosSc2 14
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• StrangeGG 41
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7962
League of Legends
• Jankos1701
Other Games
• Shiphtur265
• WagamamaTV199
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 41m
INu's Battles
19h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.