• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:15
CEST 20:15
KST 03:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9107 users

[IPTL] Team Liquid vs Evil Geniuses - Premier - Page 56

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 60 Next
mongmong
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)1389 Posts
September 12 2012 02:58 GMT
#1101
i havent seen taeja doing silly mistakes, he had perfect control over his banshees and was targetting baneling like a baller, he just played too greedy, stephano punished him.

for HerO, he just had no chance against Stephano ZvP no matter how good he would have played, sending ret would have been a better choice since stephano isnt really good at ZvZ.

Stephano is flanking protoss like a boss.... its unbelievable.



I really like your post about liquidHero.

"no matter how good Hero would have played, he had no chance stephano has a godly zvp , stephano is the

best player in the world "

oh well you dont really seem to know how good Hero's pvz is. Although he says he doesnt really feel confident

about it, he still has one of the pvz in the world. Taking down players like DRG and symbol is no joke dude
어헣 ↗ 어헣 ↗
soiii
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany266 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 03:00:29
September 12 2012 02:59 GMT
#1102
It was kinda spoiled by Stephanos Twitter He would have never tweeted so much about how folks should watch this if he didn't win in a big way. At least he never did and almost no pro gamer does actually. But it was AWESOME to see him playing so well against the very best players of the planet. Hope he keeps it up.
Benjamin99
Profile Joined April 2012
4176 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 03:23:39
September 12 2012 03:04 GMT
#1103
Stephano stepping up for his new team as expected allways knew he would beat Taeja if they ever meet. Only way to beat Stephano atm is to snipe him with a ZvZ

On September 12 2012 11:04 Talack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 11:03 sharkie wrote:
So Stephano beat two Code S Ro8 players? lol


bo1 in a format where you are not specifically preparing for a certain opponent but an overall team.

completely different styles



He has beat Hero multiple times at offline tournament and when he meet Taeja hopefully soon. Taeja will go down hard just like all the others..

Stephano is a top 3 zerg in the world and a multiple championship winner. He can beat anyone. Matter in fact Hero and Taeja achievement doesn't even come close to Stephano´s so the results is not really surprising
Stephano & Jaedong <-- The Pain Train. Polt and Innovation to EG plz
GettingIt
Profile Joined August 2011
1656 Posts
September 12 2012 03:06 GMT
#1104
Omg I'm so conflicted now. I hate EG but Stephano is my favorite player
mijellin
Profile Joined November 2008
China740 Posts
September 12 2012 03:06 GMT
#1105
On September 12 2012 11:51 walklightwhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 11:47 Kennigit wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:43 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:29 Awesomeness wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:24 v_lm wrote:
I pretty much agree with j4vz, I think Liquid have underrated Stephano's shape... However in his last official event he crushed Polt, Genius and Supernova in a row...
Silly was not Taeja or Hero decisions but TL decision not to keep Sheth or Zenio to snipe Stephano.

EDIT : Well maybe scheduling issues prevented TL to do so.


You really think TL (OR ANYONE) would underestimate Stephano? lol.

And the people bitching about Kennegit's post just make my head hurt. People always want more insight and when they get it, they say those are excuses. If you behave like that, they will just stop sharing information with us. Do you really want that?


Yes, I do want that.

I don't care when the games were played. If they used players who weren't in the optimal shape to play, that's entirely on them. I don't want to read about it, from anyone.

X_X . EVERYONE has to deal with their players not being in optimal shape - it doesnt' give anyone a leg up. It's like in fighting when you come off of a training camp with bad knee or some bruises/hairline fractures. Part of the game is also pretending that you are in optimum shape and is a big talking point. I guess i can pretend for your sake that all players are robots.


Yes, everyone has to deal with it. I could care less when I read a coach pointing out why the conditions caused mistakes in sport, I have no interest in reading about how playing at 2:30 am caused huge mistakes... And, yes, especially when it comes from someone associated with a losing team.


Speak for yourself. A lot of people including myself appreciated the additional information. Not as an excuse, just as additional insight.

Any time you come upon something you are not interested in, do you always look to censor it? Can't you just learn to ignore it like the rest of us? If you don't care about it, move on.
Chengakz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States163 Posts
September 12 2012 03:07 GMT
#1106
Taeja and Hero must feel terrible..they take it so hard when they lose cause most of the burden is on them. Being tired should not be an excuse..but it is a legitimate reason. Stephano just played better, is all. THIS TIME.
For Aiur!
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
September 12 2012 03:10 GMT
#1107
EG CURSE HAS STRUCK AGAIN

looking forward to part 2 of EG Falling documentary
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
September 12 2012 03:10 GMT
#1108
I'll cut through all the whining and state that I think Axslav was a big winner tonight. So Props to him. Well done, Nick!

Thanks to the players and casters and IGN for putting on a great show!

Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
September 12 2012 03:10 GMT
#1109
We can take the discussion on variance/scheduling/fatigue out of the thread. http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=368080
andReslic
Profile Joined January 2012
216 Posts
September 12 2012 03:10 GMT
#1110
On September 12 2012 11:58 mongmong wrote:
Show nested quote +
i havent seen taeja doing silly mistakes, he had perfect control over his banshees and was targetting baneling like a baller, he just played too greedy, stephano punished him.

for HerO, he just had no chance against Stephano ZvP no matter how good he would have played, sending ret would have been a better choice since stephano isnt really good at ZvZ.

Stephano is flanking protoss like a boss.... its unbelievable.



I really like your post about liquidHero.

"no matter how good Hero would have played, he had no chance stephano has a godly zvp , stephano is the

best player in the world "

oh well you dont really seem to know how good Hero's pvz is. Although he says he doesnt really feel confident

about it, he still has one of the pvz in the world. Taking down players like DRG and symbol is no joke dude

Whats his record against stephano? Also sending HerO against stephano and making him loss is like a mental death for him, i can't really imaginate how sad he was when he loss loool
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
September 12 2012 03:11 GMT
#1111
On September 12 2012 12:06 mijellin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 11:51 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:47 Kennigit wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:43 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:29 Awesomeness wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:24 v_lm wrote:
I pretty much agree with j4vz, I think Liquid have underrated Stephano's shape... However in his last official event he crushed Polt, Genius and Supernova in a row...
Silly was not Taeja or Hero decisions but TL decision not to keep Sheth or Zenio to snipe Stephano.

EDIT : Well maybe scheduling issues prevented TL to do so.


You really think TL (OR ANYONE) would underestimate Stephano? lol.

And the people bitching about Kennegit's post just make my head hurt. People always want more insight and when they get it, they say those are excuses. If you behave like that, they will just stop sharing information with us. Do you really want that?


Yes, I do want that.

I don't care when the games were played. If they used players who weren't in the optimal shape to play, that's entirely on them. I don't want to read about it, from anyone.

X_X . EVERYONE has to deal with their players not being in optimal shape - it doesnt' give anyone a leg up. It's like in fighting when you come off of a training camp with bad knee or some bruises/hairline fractures. Part of the game is also pretending that you are in optimum shape and is a big talking point. I guess i can pretend for your sake that all players are robots.


Yes, everyone has to deal with it. I could care less when I read a coach pointing out why the conditions caused mistakes in sport, I have no interest in reading about how playing at 2:30 am caused huge mistakes... And, yes, especially when it comes from someone associated with a losing team.


Speak for yourself. A lot of people including myself appreciated the additional information. Not as an excuse, just as additional insight.

Any time you come upon something you are not interested in, do you always look to censor it? Can't you just learn to ignore it like the rest of us? If you don't care about it, move on.

And what purpose does this "additional insight" actually provide? All I see it possibly doing is giving the EG and Stephano haters more fuel for the fire.
Msr
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)495 Posts
September 12 2012 03:15 GMT
#1112
whoever decided to put hero in shouldn't be a manager, wp by stephano though.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
September 12 2012 03:16 GMT
#1113
Awww shit I didn't know Stephano was playing for EG already. Now I gotta wait for the rebroadcast I guess.
mijellin
Profile Joined November 2008
China740 Posts
September 12 2012 03:17 GMT
#1114
On September 12 2012 12:11 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 12:06 mijellin wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:51 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:47 Kennigit wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:43 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:29 Awesomeness wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:24 v_lm wrote:
I pretty much agree with j4vz, I think Liquid have underrated Stephano's shape... However in his last official event he crushed Polt, Genius and Supernova in a row...
Silly was not Taeja or Hero decisions but TL decision not to keep Sheth or Zenio to snipe Stephano.

EDIT : Well maybe scheduling issues prevented TL to do so.


You really think TL (OR ANYONE) would underestimate Stephano? lol.

And the people bitching about Kennegit's post just make my head hurt. People always want more insight and when they get it, they say those are excuses. If you behave like that, they will just stop sharing information with us. Do you really want that?


Yes, I do want that.

I don't care when the games were played. If they used players who weren't in the optimal shape to play, that's entirely on them. I don't want to read about it, from anyone.

X_X . EVERYONE has to deal with their players not being in optimal shape - it doesnt' give anyone a leg up. It's like in fighting when you come off of a training camp with bad knee or some bruises/hairline fractures. Part of the game is also pretending that you are in optimum shape and is a big talking point. I guess i can pretend for your sake that all players are robots.


Yes, everyone has to deal with it. I could care less when I read a coach pointing out why the conditions caused mistakes in sport, I have no interest in reading about how playing at 2:30 am caused huge mistakes... And, yes, especially when it comes from someone associated with a losing team.


Speak for yourself. A lot of people including myself appreciated the additional information. Not as an excuse, just as additional insight.

Any time you come upon something you are not interested in, do you always look to censor it? Can't you just learn to ignore it like the rest of us? If you don't care about it, move on.

And what purpose does this "additional insight" actually provide? All I see it possibly doing is giving the EG and Stephano haters more fuel for the fire.


There's such a thing as information for the sake of information. Now I know that players have to deal with time zone issues. It's obvious in hindsight, but something I had not considered previously. Does it change how I view the series and its outcome? No. It doesn't have to have a purpose.

First of all, I haven't noticed much fuel to the fire towards the EG/stephano hate. It's actually mainly the criticisms about the information being an "excuse." Instead of trying to predict such a strange response and censoring based on that, why don't we consider the fact that those criticisms are unwarranted in the first place?
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 03:29:19
September 12 2012 03:24 GMT
#1115
On September 12 2012 12:17 mijellin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 12:11 Dosey wrote:
On September 12 2012 12:06 mijellin wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:51 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:47 Kennigit wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:43 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:29 Awesomeness wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:24 v_lm wrote:
I pretty much agree with j4vz, I think Liquid have underrated Stephano's shape... However in his last official event he crushed Polt, Genius and Supernova in a row...
Silly was not Taeja or Hero decisions but TL decision not to keep Sheth or Zenio to snipe Stephano.

EDIT : Well maybe scheduling issues prevented TL to do so.


You really think TL (OR ANYONE) would underestimate Stephano? lol.

And the people bitching about Kennegit's post just make my head hurt. People always want more insight and when they get it, they say those are excuses. If you behave like that, they will just stop sharing information with us. Do you really want that?


Yes, I do want that.

I don't care when the games were played. If they used players who weren't in the optimal shape to play, that's entirely on them. I don't want to read about it, from anyone.

X_X . EVERYONE has to deal with their players not being in optimal shape - it doesnt' give anyone a leg up. It's like in fighting when you come off of a training camp with bad knee or some bruises/hairline fractures. Part of the game is also pretending that you are in optimum shape and is a big talking point. I guess i can pretend for your sake that all players are robots.


Yes, everyone has to deal with it. I could care less when I read a coach pointing out why the conditions caused mistakes in sport, I have no interest in reading about how playing at 2:30 am caused huge mistakes... And, yes, especially when it comes from someone associated with a losing team.


Speak for yourself. A lot of people including myself appreciated the additional information. Not as an excuse, just as additional insight.

Any time you come upon something you are not interested in, do you always look to censor it? Can't you just learn to ignore it like the rest of us? If you don't care about it, move on.

And what purpose does this "additional insight" actually provide? All I see it possibly doing is giving the EG and Stephano haters more fuel for the fire.


There's such a thing as information for the sake of information. Now I know that players have to deal with time zone issues. It's obvious in hindsight, but something I had not considered previously. Does it change how I view the series and its outcome? No. It doesn't have to have a purpose.

First of all, I haven't noticed much fuel to the fire towards the EG/stephano hate. It's actually mainly the criticisms about the information being an "excuse." Instead of trying to predict such a strange response and censoring based on that, why don't we consider the fact that those criticisms are unwarranted in the first place?

Except the fact that the criticisms are warranted though. The information wasn't provided beforehand and wasn't brought up until it was revealed that the team lost.

For example:
Quarterback breaks his leg, announces his leg is broken before hand and the coach still decides to play him.
That's providing information so that the audience is aware.

Now what if he doesn't say anything and afterwards at the post-game press conference, the quarterback is questioned as to why he threw 10 interceptions. He says "My leg was broken so I played poorly"
That just sounds like an excuse.
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
September 12 2012 03:29 GMT
#1116
On September 12 2012 11:24 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 11:20 v_lm wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:11 Kennigit wrote:


It's not an excuse as much as an explanation (maybe they are the same). Stephano definitely outplayed them both and won fair and square. People in the thread are asking why they (taeja and hero) were making so many silly mistakes. I'm just explaining some of the background on the matches. It could just have easily been scheduled for 8am (when id assume the EG house is waking up groggy etc).

Not much said that Taeja and Hero played badly.
About Taeja he showed really high skill level against JYP and lost to Stephano due to great decision making.
About HerO he played well but again, Stephano level was really, really high.
Saying they played bad is silly and not fair for EG, are you saying TaeJa made silly mystakes against JYP ? Cause i just saw a freaking good banshee micro and a sharp timing.

Yeah taeja played greedy against stephano and got punished for it. I'm not saying taeja made mistakes against JYP, rather due to play times etc maybe JYP would have beaten taeja and we'd have lost even earlier. Scheduling and sucking it up is just something everyone has to deal with.

I understand that people want to look for "HEY THEY ARE MAKING EXCUSES" as soon as anything is addressed outside of "ggwp"...but i think it's important for fans to have a full picture. If stephano and taeja played that set 50 times, stephano still beats him more due to greed - but the "minor" mistakes fans asked about earlier in the thread are affected (even if a minor degree) by timings, lags and all that stuff that every team and player suffers from.

Overall we lost because they played better.


Well said. I appreciate the good sportsmanship portrayed by Liquid, which is why you guys are my #2 favorite team.
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
Black17
Profile Joined October 2011
France435 Posts
September 12 2012 03:29 GMT
#1117
Missed it

When are rebroadcasts ? / Are there VODs ? (If yes, where ?)

Thanks
Benjamin99
Profile Joined April 2012
4176 Posts
September 12 2012 03:29 GMT
#1118
On September 12 2012 12:24 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 12:17 mijellin wrote:
On September 12 2012 12:11 Dosey wrote:
On September 12 2012 12:06 mijellin wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:51 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:47 Kennigit wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:43 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:29 Awesomeness wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:24 v_lm wrote:
I pretty much agree with j4vz, I think Liquid have underrated Stephano's shape... However in his last official event he crushed Polt, Genius and Supernova in a row...
Silly was not Taeja or Hero decisions but TL decision not to keep Sheth or Zenio to snipe Stephano.

EDIT : Well maybe scheduling issues prevented TL to do so.


You really think TL (OR ANYONE) would underestimate Stephano? lol.

And the people bitching about Kennegit's post just make my head hurt. People always want more insight and when they get it, they say those are excuses. If you behave like that, they will just stop sharing information with us. Do you really want that?


Yes, I do want that.

I don't care when the games were played. If they used players who weren't in the optimal shape to play, that's entirely on them. I don't want to read about it, from anyone.

X_X . EVERYONE has to deal with their players not being in optimal shape - it doesnt' give anyone a leg up. It's like in fighting when you come off of a training camp with bad knee or some bruises/hairline fractures. Part of the game is also pretending that you are in optimum shape and is a big talking point. I guess i can pretend for your sake that all players are robots.


Yes, everyone has to deal with it. I could care less when I read a coach pointing out why the conditions caused mistakes in sport, I have no interest in reading about how playing at 2:30 am caused huge mistakes... And, yes, especially when it comes from someone associated with a losing team.


Speak for yourself. A lot of people including myself appreciated the additional information. Not as an excuse, just as additional insight.

Any time you come upon something you are not interested in, do you always look to censor it? Can't you just learn to ignore it like the rest of us? If you don't care about it, move on.

And what purpose does this "additional insight" actually provide? All I see it possibly doing is giving the EG and Stephano haters more fuel for the fire.


There's such a thing as information for the sake of information. Now I know that players have to deal with time zone issues. It's obvious in hindsight, but something I had not considered previously. Does it change how I view the series and its outcome? No. It doesn't have to have a purpose.

First of all, I haven't noticed much fuel to the fire towards the EG/stephano hate. It's actually mainly the criticisms about the information being an "excuse." Instead of trying to predict such a strange response and censoring based on that, why don't we consider the fact that those criticisms are unwarranted in the first place?

Except the fact that the criticisms are warranted though. The information wasn't provided beforehand and wasn't brought up until it was revealed that the team lost.


I agree, Ken should just have sayd wp gg. It does just smell like an excuse. However of course condition and tiredness got an impact but the coaches from TL knew that. But what about Stephano? Taeja and Hero was tired but hell Stephano could be drunk!
Stephano & Jaedong <-- The Pain Train. Polt and Innovation to EG plz
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
September 12 2012 03:31 GMT
#1119
On September 12 2012 12:29 Black17 wrote:
Missed it

When are rebroadcasts ? / Are there VODs ? (If yes, where ?)

Thanks

I'm watching the rebroadcast now http://www.ign.com/ipl/starcraft-2 so far three matches have been played
mijellin
Profile Joined November 2008
China740 Posts
September 12 2012 03:34 GMT
#1120
On September 12 2012 12:24 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 12:17 mijellin wrote:
On September 12 2012 12:11 Dosey wrote:
On September 12 2012 12:06 mijellin wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:51 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:47 Kennigit wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:43 walklightwhat wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:29 Awesomeness wrote:
On September 12 2012 11:24 v_lm wrote:
I pretty much agree with j4vz, I think Liquid have underrated Stephano's shape... However in his last official event he crushed Polt, Genius and Supernova in a row...
Silly was not Taeja or Hero decisions but TL decision not to keep Sheth or Zenio to snipe Stephano.

EDIT : Well maybe scheduling issues prevented TL to do so.


You really think TL (OR ANYONE) would underestimate Stephano? lol.

And the people bitching about Kennegit's post just make my head hurt. People always want more insight and when they get it, they say those are excuses. If you behave like that, they will just stop sharing information with us. Do you really want that?


Yes, I do want that.

I don't care when the games were played. If they used players who weren't in the optimal shape to play, that's entirely on them. I don't want to read about it, from anyone.

X_X . EVERYONE has to deal with their players not being in optimal shape - it doesnt' give anyone a leg up. It's like in fighting when you come off of a training camp with bad knee or some bruises/hairline fractures. Part of the game is also pretending that you are in optimum shape and is a big talking point. I guess i can pretend for your sake that all players are robots.


Yes, everyone has to deal with it. I could care less when I read a coach pointing out why the conditions caused mistakes in sport, I have no interest in reading about how playing at 2:30 am caused huge mistakes... And, yes, especially when it comes from someone associated with a losing team.


Speak for yourself. A lot of people including myself appreciated the additional information. Not as an excuse, just as additional insight.

Any time you come upon something you are not interested in, do you always look to censor it? Can't you just learn to ignore it like the rest of us? If you don't care about it, move on.

And what purpose does this "additional insight" actually provide? All I see it possibly doing is giving the EG and Stephano haters more fuel for the fire.


There's such a thing as information for the sake of information. Now I know that players have to deal with time zone issues. It's obvious in hindsight, but something I had not considered previously. Does it change how I view the series and its outcome? No. It doesn't have to have a purpose.

First of all, I haven't noticed much fuel to the fire towards the EG/stephano hate. It's actually mainly the criticisms about the information being an "excuse." Instead of trying to predict such a strange response and censoring based on that, why don't we consider the fact that those criticisms are unwarranted in the first place?

Except the fact that the criticisms are warranted though. The information wasn't provided beforehand and wasn't brought up until it was revealed that the team lost.

For example:
Quarterback breaks his leg, announces his leg is broken before hand and the coach still decides to play him.
That's providing information so that the audience is aware.

Now what if he doesn't say anything and afterwards at the post-game press conference, the quarterback is questioned as to why he threw 10 interceptions. He says "My leg was broken so I played poorly"
That just sounds like an excuse.


Actually, you're right it is a little bit like an excuse. I don't think the information can be supplied beforehand bc of spoilers, but as Kennigit conceded he probably would not have given that detail had they won.

That said, I think the way he expressed it was pretty gracious and fair, admitting that things could have easily gone in TL's favor, and that they HAVE gone in TL's favor in other matches previously. I thought the criticisms (not necessarily by you) were a little (read: a lot) overboard. Speaking more personally, his bias is really very understandable so I chose to just take away the new information that I didn't know previously.
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 897
SteadfastSC456
IndyStarCraft 186
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 632
SteadfastSC 456
IndyStarCraft 186
UpATreeSC 108
JuggernautJason5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23086
firebathero 206
Rush 128
Dewaltoss 50
Sexy 27
Trap 21
Shine 16
Bale 15
Djem5 7
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7525
qojqva1571
420jenkins143
monkeys_forever39
Counter-Strike
fl0m1602
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2052
crisheroes1174
Liquid`Hasu602
XaKoH 152
MindelVK16
Other Games
Grubby2337
ceh9784
FrodaN670
Beastyqt647
ArmadaUGS198
KnowMe154
Hui .153
C9.Mang0123
QueenE108
byalli107
Trikslyr74
Mew2King64
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
Other Games
BasetradeTV7
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1207
Other Games
• imaqtpie825
• Shiphtur257
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 45m
Stellar Fest
18h 45m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.