• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:27
CEST 12:27
KST 19:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12139 users

[GSL] 2012 Jan Code S RO32 D1 - Page 147

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 153 Next
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
January 09 2012 14:20 GMT
#2921
Boxer so close... if he had won either of the TvT third games, he would have moved on?

And with 2-0ing Sen too!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
January 09 2012 14:20 GMT
#2922
On January 09 2012 23:15 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 23:11 Rawr wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:08 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:06 SkullZ9 wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:43 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:41 Brett wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:38 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:36 andaylin wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:32 Soyuz wrote:
[quote]

you seem like you're just pissed that you had a bad day on liquibet



I don't even really use the liquibet system, like ever. I just hate how so many people think jjakji is soooo amazing when it is clear he should be in Code A, and even that is me being generous. Horrible player, he won't be here next season.

false, since he is already guaranteed Code A next season. Next biased argument please.


False, considering I never specified where he wouldn't be, but since you are an idiot I will inform you that I meant Code S. Idiot.

Bye!

Enjoy the ban.

Now people, stop feeding trolls. Report them if you can, otherwise ignore them.


People get banned for expressing opinions? Doubtful... and why is it everyone is a "troll" when they express how they feel? Get out of here with that... really..


No, not for expressing opinions, but you are hatefull and insulting, so you should be banned (and perm banned would be great lol)


I am not getting banned, mods happen to think it is great that I am very opinionated. I probably shouldn't call anyone retarded again, but besides that, jjakji is still horrible and overrated.

Can you give a reason to why you think Jjakji is horrible?

He's a hater. Everyone sucks and MMA is the greatest thing that ever happened to SC2, hell, if he was still playing BW he would be better than flash. Ignore him, I just don't understand why mods have not banned or given him a warning yet.


don't bring MMA in this QQ shit
MMA real fan not (XXX) like this hater
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
January 09 2012 14:20 GMT
#2923
On January 09 2012 23:17 VavPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 23:15 dmnum wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:11 Rawr wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:08 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:06 SkullZ9 wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:43 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:41 Brett wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:38 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:36 andaylin wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 VavPK wrote:
[quote]


I don't even really use the liquibet system, like ever. I just hate how so many people think jjakji is soooo amazing when it is clear he should be in Code A, and even that is me being generous. Horrible player, he won't be here next season.

false, since he is already guaranteed Code A next season. Next biased argument please.


False, considering I never specified where he wouldn't be, but since you are an idiot I will inform you that I meant Code S. Idiot.

Bye!

Enjoy the ban.

Now people, stop feeding trolls. Report them if you can, otherwise ignore them.


People get banned for expressing opinions? Doubtful... and why is it everyone is a "troll" when they express how they feel? Get out of here with that... really..


No, not for expressing opinions, but you are hatefull and insulting, so you should be banned (and perm banned would be great lol)


I am not getting banned, mods happen to think it is great that I am very opinionated. I probably shouldn't call anyone retarded again, but besides that, jjakji is still horrible and overrated.

Can you give a reason to why you think Jjakji is horrible?

He's a hater. Everyone sucks and MMA is the greatest thing that ever happened to SC2, hell, if he was still playing BW he would be better than flash. Ignore him, I just don't understand why mods have not banned of given him a warning yet.


Because I have did nothing wrong?... Man you guys are so quick to just run people off the forum, do you blow up fast food chains if the person at the drive through gets your order wrong? Jeez.


Besides the player bashing earlier, though it was pretty light so surprised if he gets more than a warning. Calls for perma ban are a little silly =/

Besides, he's cleaned up the tone of his posts. Not so aggressive.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
January 09 2012 14:25 GMT
#2924
On January 09 2012 23:20 parazice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 23:15 dmnum wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:11 Rawr wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:08 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:06 SkullZ9 wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:43 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:41 Brett wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:38 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:36 andaylin wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 VavPK wrote:
[quote]


I don't even really use the liquibet system, like ever. I just hate how so many people think jjakji is soooo amazing when it is clear he should be in Code A, and even that is me being generous. Horrible player, he won't be here next season.

false, since he is already guaranteed Code A next season. Next biased argument please.


False, considering I never specified where he wouldn't be, but since you are an idiot I will inform you that I meant Code S. Idiot.

Bye!

Enjoy the ban.

Now people, stop feeding trolls. Report them if you can, otherwise ignore them.


People get banned for expressing opinions? Doubtful... and why is it everyone is a "troll" when they express how they feel? Get out of here with that... really..


No, not for expressing opinions, but you are hatefull and insulting, so you should be banned (and perm banned would be great lol)


I am not getting banned, mods happen to think it is great that I am very opinionated. I probably shouldn't call anyone retarded again, but besides that, jjakji is still horrible and overrated.

Can you give a reason to why you think Jjakji is horrible?

He's a hater. Everyone sucks and MMA is the greatest thing that ever happened to SC2, hell, if he was still playing BW he would be better than flash. Ignore him, I just don't understand why mods have not banned or given him a warning yet.


don't bring MMA in this QQ shit
MMA real fan not (XXX) like this hater
I'm a MMA fan too, but this is the worst kind of fan that there is. Saying that Polt's wins vs MMA were based on luck(Look at his post history) is just delusional.
weiliem
Profile Joined January 2008
2073 Posts
January 09 2012 14:27 GMT
#2925
On January 09 2012 22:55 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:53 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:51 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:50 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.


well calling someone "overrated" is a bit of an insult I guess


Not really... I just don't feel he is as good as everyone hypes him up to be. I would love to be a big fan of MVP but when all I hear is how unbeatable and genius he is from every caster / TL member when it is clear he is far from that, it just makes it very hard to relate to being a big fan... thus he is overrated...


You would hate Flash.

But Flash is really unbeatable.... :D
+ Show Spoiler +
jkjk
Oppa feeding style
weiliem
Profile Joined January 2008
2073 Posts
January 09 2012 14:37 GMT
#2926
Its funny that so many people is responding against VavPK's posts and he bothers to counter reply to so many of them.... Although i dont really understand how he thinks Boxer deserves more than Jjaki and y Jjaki is a bad player....... anyways, enjoy the argument... :D
Oppa feeding style
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
January 09 2012 14:46 GMT
#2927
On January 09 2012 23:11 VavPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 23:10 SkullZ9 wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:08 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 23:06 SkullZ9 wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:43 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:41 Brett wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:38 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:36 andaylin wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:32 Soyuz wrote:
[quote]

you seem like you're just pissed that you had a bad day on liquibet



I don't even really use the liquibet system, like ever. I just hate how so many people think jjakji is soooo amazing when it is clear he should be in Code A, and even that is me being generous. Horrible player, he won't be here next season.

false, since he is already guaranteed Code A next season. Next biased argument please.


False, considering I never specified where he wouldn't be, but since you are an idiot I will inform you that I meant Code S. Idiot.

Bye!

Enjoy the ban.

Now people, stop feeding trolls. Report them if you can, otherwise ignore them.


People get banned for expressing opinions? Doubtful... and why is it everyone is a "troll" when they express how they feel? Get out of here with that... really..


No, not for expressing opinions, but you are hatefull and insulting, so you should be banned (and perm banned would be great lol)


I am not getting banned, mods happen to think it is great that I am very opinionated. I probably shouldn't call anyone retarded again, but besides that, jjakji is still horrible and overrated.


I don't think mods thinks it's great you call someone idiot two times in the same sentence for no reason. And to have that amount of bad posts considering you only have 40 posts would deserve a ban imo, so calm down a bit. And to call the former gsl champion a "horrible player" is quite ignorant


Former champion, correct. Former.

Last i checked this season hasn't finished (barely started) so i think its fair to label him the reigning champion. I dont think he's fantastic and he did have an easier run than most, but to call him horrible is completely ignorant on your part. Former champion? If he's a former champ than who is the present one? Just plain ignorance and semantics coming from you. Haven't seen you explain why you think such a thing, im open to hearing why you have the opinion that he is such an awful player.
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
January 09 2012 14:57 GMT
#2928
I think a point that a lot of people were trying to make, albeit poorly, is that Jjakji still has a lot to prove before the community accepts him as a great player. He's a good player, but most would feel like he lucked out heavily last season and on some level, was undeserving of the title of champion. He still has yet to face a lot of tiptop players: MMA, MVP, DRG, supernova, sC...just to name a few. In all honesty, his playstyle isn't unique, he plays very safe and very basic. This is most noticeable in his games vs Oz last season. His matchup vs Terran also seems lacking right now. At best, I would rank him along side ogsTOPS.
moo...for DRG
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 09 2012 15:05 GMT
#2929
damn, had to leave when BoxeR was 1-0. sad to see he lost. .


GSL Bo3 is supersexy. I am loving it!
I had a good night of sleep.
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
January 09 2012 15:09 GMT
#2930
On January 09 2012 23:57 neoghaleon55 wrote:
I think a point that a lot of people were trying to make, albeit poorly, is that Jjakji still has a lot to prove before the community accepts him as a great player. He's a good player, but most would feel like he lucked out heavily last season and on some level, was undeserving of the title of champion. He still has yet to face a lot of tiptop players: MMA, MVP, DRG, supernova, sC...just to name a few. In all honesty, his playstyle isn't unique, he plays very safe and very basic. This is most noticeable in his games vs Oz last season. His matchup vs Terran also seems lacking right now. At best, I would rank him along side ogsTOPS.


I think it is a bit harsh to say he is undeserving. I think most people would agree that Jjakji is currently at least in the top 20 best players in the world, and that any one of the top 20 has at least a small chance of winning the GSL. Jjakji's worst matchup is TvT so his group was unsurprisingly difficult for him.

I also want to point out that some players styles just counters others, and because of this the draw/brackets have a great effect on who wins the GSL, or any tournament.

But at the end of the day, Jjakji is as deserving a winner as anyone else.
Tailss
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden233 Posts
January 09 2012 15:09 GMT
#2931
So sad that boxer didnt pass Was damn close!
Raygun
Profile Joined August 2010
348 Posts
January 09 2012 15:22 GMT
#2932
Hopefully Idra does better than Sen. Both foreingers going 0-4 would be pretty sad.
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
January 09 2012 15:25 GMT
#2933
On January 10 2012 00:22 Raygun wrote:
Hopefully Idra does better than Sen. Both foreingers going 0-4 would be pretty sad.

surely idra will do better : S
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
January 09 2012 15:27 GMT
#2934
Sen was wholly underprepared today, and it shows.
I can't believe his decisions mid to late game. Over half of which were terrible.
And again with the running @$@$ing ultralings into tanks!
I'm so mad at sen!
He plays as bad as nestea!
moo...for DRG
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
January 09 2012 15:28 GMT
#2935
Really like this bo3 format, but on the other hand I miss the 2 groups/day. Perhaps because it had more players so if a group wasn't too exciting (like today), there was another. But anyway, I like this 2012 GSL and its novelties.
GodOfWar
Profile Joined December 2011
870 Posts
January 09 2012 15:30 GMT
#2936
On January 10 2012 00:25 L3g3nd_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2012 00:22 Raygun wrote:
Hopefully Idra does better than Sen. Both foreingers going 0-4 would be pretty sad.

surely idra will do better : S


i wouldnt be sure about that, look at his group ^^
Mvp Moon Squirtle
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
January 09 2012 15:39 GMT
#2937
This is why foreigners need to earn their spot, and not be given a free trip to Code S.... guarantee you 2 Koreans would have had a better shot that are in Code A.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
January 09 2012 15:44 GMT
#2938
I wasn't able to see the games, can someone enlight me on why is Jjakji bashed?
WriterMaru
Sif_
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil3106 Posts
January 09 2012 15:48 GMT
#2939
On January 10 2012 00:39 HuKPOWA wrote:
This is why foreigners need to earn their spot, and not be given a free trip to Code S.... guarantee you 2 Koreans would have had a better shot that are in Code A.


or even code B for that matter
Scrandom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2819 Posts
January 09 2012 16:00 GMT
#2940
wow Sen got crushed, I'm really sad to see Boxer missed out on advancing by a single game.
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 153 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings96
CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 9485
FanTaSy 1230
Hyuk 747
Horang2 590
BeSt 466
Stork 202
Pusan 181
Zeus 97
sorry 95
Killer 94
[ Show more ]
Mind 88
Last 75
Shinee 70
Hyun 67
ggaemo 44
PianO 42
Snow 36
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 23
Sacsri 14
Aegong 7
EffOrt 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe138
Counter-Strike
byalli1147
fl0m250
x6flipin120
Other Games
gofns35622
singsing2327
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Lourlo1179
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 33m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 33m
Replay Cast
12h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.