• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9280 users

[GSL] 2012 Jan Code S RO32 D1 - Page 145

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 153 Next
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
January 09 2012 13:46 GMT
#2881
On January 09 2012 22:46 VavPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:44 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:43 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:41 Brett wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:38 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:36 andaylin wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:32 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:30 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:29 bittman wrote:
[quote]

Bad people don't get blessed. Don't be spiteful, happy people get further in life. And they get what they want.

Just ask me. 4/4 Liquibets.


Yeah thank god you won liquibets, gonna get so far in life now! lol... so many retarded people in this community. Jjakji will never ever win another title. Completely overrated, he's out in ro16.


you seem like you're just pissed that you had a bad day on liquibet



I don't even really use the liquibet system, like ever. I just hate how so many people think jjakji is soooo amazing when it is clear he should be in Code A, and even that is me being generous. Horrible player, he won't be here next season.

false, since he is already guaranteed Code A next season. Next biased argument please.


False, considering I never specified where he wouldn't be, but since you are an idiot I will inform you that I meant Code S. Idiot.

Bye!

Enjoy the ban.

Now people, stop feeding trolls. Report them if you can, otherwise ignore them.


People get banned for expressing opinions? Doubtful... and why is it everyone is a "troll" when they express how they feel? Get out of here with that... really..


bad opinions, not really much evidence, whining, etc etc. TL isn't exactly a free country


Well I could reverse that and say your opinion of saying my opinions are bad is a bad opinion, you should get banned too if I do?


no yours are worse sorry
TheRidd
Profile Joined January 2011
713 Posts
January 09 2012 13:47 GMT
#2882
On January 09 2012 22:46 pdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:45 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:42 zyzq wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:40 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:39 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:38 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:32 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:30 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:29 bittman wrote:
[quote]

Bad people don't get blessed. Don't be spiteful, happy people get further in life. And they get what they want.

Just ask me. 4/4 Liquibets.


Yeah thank god you won liquibets, gonna get so far in life now! lol... so many retarded people in this community. Jjakji will never ever win another title. Completely overrated, he's out in ro16.


you seem like you're just pissed that you had a bad day on liquibet



I don't even really use the liquibet system, like ever. I just hate how so many people think jjakji is soooo amazing when it is clear he should be in Code A, and even that is me being generous. Horrible player, he won't be here next season.



you hate it when people compliment outstanding micro, macro, decision making (yes he was lucky a few times, sure i'll give you that), mechanics, scouting, etc etc?

I guess MMA is a scrub and MVP is a mech-abusing noob too then. Just because people are praising jjakji doesn't mean they don't realise that there are tons of amazing terrans out there too.


Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


who is good then?


MMA. AND ONLY MMA


MMA, GanZi, Oz is pretty good I guess, I suppose idra has gotten a little better recently too. Uhhh, who else... hrm.. IMHappy is doing alright, and uhhh.. DRG is up there too.

Happy and Ganzi> Mvp?

Yeah sure...

Dude, don't argue with him, he's a SC2 intellectual )
PapaJed
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden211 Posts
January 09 2012 13:47 GMT
#2883
On January 09 2012 22:43 VavPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:41 Brett wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:38 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:36 andaylin wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:32 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:30 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:29 bittman wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:26 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:23 Asha` wrote:
Jjakji so much better than Boxer, beautifully played once this game stabilised =)


Jjakji is horrible and completely overrated. I woulda given anything for him to lose this and for me to see his face after he did. Why couldn't I have been blessed with that, I will never know.


Bad people don't get blessed. Don't be spiteful, happy people get further in life. And they get what they want.

Just ask me. 4/4 Liquibets.


Yeah thank god you won liquibets, gonna get so far in life now! lol... so many retarded people in this community. Jjakji will never ever win another title. Completely overrated, he's out in ro16.


you seem like you're just pissed that you had a bad day on liquibet



I don't even really use the liquibet system, like ever. I just hate how so many people think jjakji is soooo amazing when it is clear he should be in Code A, and even that is me being generous. Horrible player, he won't be here next season.

false, since he is already guaranteed Code A next season. Next biased argument please.


False, considering I never specified where he wouldn't be, but since you are an idiot I will inform you that I meant Code S. Idiot.

Bye!

Enjoy the ban.

Now people, stop feeding trolls. Report them if you can, otherwise ignore them.


People get banned for expressing opinions? Doubtful... and why is it everyone is a "troll" when they express how they feel? Get out of here with that... really..


People get banned when they start calling other people idiots or retards for no reason at all.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-09 13:48:36
January 09 2012 13:47 GMT
#2884
On January 09 2012 22:46 ravemir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:42 pdd wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:39 ravemir wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 nokz88 wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:31 dormer wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:28 poorcloud wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:27 Sc2Null wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:26 Elem wrote:
9/1/2012 - The Day Everyone Fucked Up Massively.


its not September?


Well everyone else in the world puts the day first other than Americans. So yeah....


Actually Japan is normally year / month / day, so not everyone else in the world.

The thing is everyone writes it in a way that makes sense.

YYYY/MM/DD makes sense, so does DD/MM/YYYY. What does not make any sense whatsoever, is MM/DD/YYYY


Again, September 1st 2012, 9/01/2012

It doesn't matter how you call it. I usually call the date in this format September 1st (etc.) but I still write my dates as 1/9/2012.

Changing it is just confusing as fuck.


Yes, I do it the same, but it just means you have to pay a tad more attention.

It can be confusing at times, but why do you guys use miles and inches anyways?

I grew up in Malaysia and study in Australia. As far as I'm concerned every one should just move to the metric system.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
January 09 2012 13:48 GMT
#2885
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...
IMPrime
Profile Joined September 2011
United States715 Posts
January 09 2012 13:49 GMT
#2886
On January 09 2012 22:41 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:39 IMPrime wrote:
jjakji isn't "bad", but...

- He has a weak MU (granted, nearly every player does)
- His path to his championship was among the easiest of the champions, with the only legit players he really beat was leenock, and he even got the free win against coca.


he's relatively new (at least in the GSL scene, he's been playing in weeklies for ages) and his path wasn't that easy, I meant Nestea had a way easier one (the one where he beat losira 4-0 in the finals). And the show jjakji put on in the finals is still by far the best ever match played.


Nestea is, afaik, the only champion who had an easier path to the finals. Then again nestea DID go completely undefeated that season, which even against "average" GSL players, is no easy feat.

Jjakji barely made it through ro32 and ro16, with help from the coca free ride, swept an overrated toss, squeaked by a decent toss, beat a good zerg.
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
January 09 2012 13:49 GMT
#2887
On January 09 2012 22:49 IMPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:41 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:39 IMPrime wrote:
jjakji isn't "bad", but...

- He has a weak MU (granted, nearly every player does)
- His path to his championship was among the easiest of the champions, with the only legit players he really beat was leenock, and he even got the free win against coca.


he's relatively new (at least in the GSL scene, he's been playing in weeklies for ages) and his path wasn't that easy, I meant Nestea had a way easier one (the one where he beat losira 4-0 in the finals). And the show jjakji put on in the finals is still by far the best ever match played.


Nestea is, afaik, the only champion who had an easier path to the finals. Then again nestea DID go completely undefeated that season, which even against "average" GSL players, is no easy feat.

Jjakji barely made it through ro32 and ro16, with help from the coca free ride, swept an overrated toss, squeaked by a decent toss, beat a good zerg.


fair enough, I *almost* forgot that nestea went through undefeated (and admittedly his games vs losira were extremely impressive, actually an improvement over the usual finals)
VavPK
Profile Joined May 2011
United States196 Posts
January 09 2012 13:50 GMT
#2888
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
January 09 2012 13:50 GMT
#2889
On January 09 2012 22:47 pdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:46 ravemir wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:42 pdd wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:39 ravemir wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:34 nokz88 wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:31 dormer wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:28 poorcloud wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:27 Sc2Null wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:26 Elem wrote:
9/1/2012 - The Day Everyone Fucked Up Massively.


its not September?


Well everyone else in the world puts the day first other than Americans. So yeah....


Actually Japan is normally year / month / day, so not everyone else in the world.

The thing is everyone writes it in a way that makes sense.

YYYY/MM/DD makes sense, so does DD/MM/YYYY. What does not make any sense whatsoever, is MM/DD/YYYY


Again, September 1st 2012, 9/01/2012

It doesn't matter how you call it. I usually call the date in this format September 1st (etc.) but I still write my dates as 1/9/2012.

Changing it is just confusing as fuck.


Yes, I do it the same, but it just means you have to pay a tad more attention.

It can be confusing at times, but why do you guys use miles and inches anyways?

I was born in Malaysia and grew up in Australia. As far as I'm concerned every one should just move to the metric system.


Someone argued this with me saying that his dates aligned better when he named things by date in Windows. Pity the year changes though. So actually the best dating method for him must be yyyy-mm-dd.

Let's do that.

And the time is also now 50:12.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
January 09 2012 13:51 GMT
#2890
On January 09 2012 22:50 VavPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.


well calling someone "overrated" is a bit of an insult I guess
Lord_J
Profile Joined April 2011
Kenya1085 Posts
January 09 2012 13:52 GMT
#2891
On January 09 2012 22:51 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:50 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.


well calling someone "overrated" is a bit of an insult I guess


That depends on how well they're rated.
No relation to Monsieur J.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
January 09 2012 13:52 GMT
#2892
On January 09 2012 22:49 IMPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:41 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:39 IMPrime wrote:
jjakji isn't "bad", but...

- He has a weak MU (granted, nearly every player does)
- His path to his championship was among the easiest of the champions, with the only legit players he really beat was leenock, and he even got the free win against coca.


he's relatively new (at least in the GSL scene, he's been playing in weeklies for ages) and his path wasn't that easy, I meant Nestea had a way easier one (the one where he beat losira 4-0 in the finals). And the show jjakji put on in the finals is still by far the best ever match played.


Nestea is, afaik, the only champion who had an easier path to the finals. Then again nestea DID go completely undefeated that season, which even against "average" GSL players, is no easy feat.

Jjakji barely made it through ro32 and ro16, with help from the coca free ride, swept an overrated toss, squeaked by a decent toss, beat a good zerg.


To be fair, MC's March run was really easy too, but because July made it a 4-1 finals people forget that MC made the entire tournament look one sided.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2011_2nd_Generation_Intel®_Core™_Global_StarCraft_II_League_March/Code_S
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
VavPK
Profile Joined May 2011
United States196 Posts
January 09 2012 13:53 GMT
#2893
On January 09 2012 22:51 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:50 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.


well calling someone "overrated" is a bit of an insult I guess


Not really... I just don't feel he is as good as everyone hypes him up to be. I would love to be a big fan of MVP but when all I hear is how unbeatable and genius he is from every caster / TL member when it is clear he is far from that, it just makes it very hard to relate to being a big fan... thus he is overrated...
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 09 2012 13:55 GMT
#2894
On January 09 2012 22:53 VavPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:51 Soyuz wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:50 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.


well calling someone "overrated" is a bit of an insult I guess


Not really... I just don't feel he is as good as everyone hypes him up to be. I would love to be a big fan of MVP but when all I hear is how unbeatable and genius he is from every caster / TL member when it is clear he is far from that, it just makes it very hard to relate to being a big fan... thus he is overrated...


You would hate Flash.
IMPrime
Profile Joined September 2011
United States715 Posts
January 09 2012 13:56 GMT
#2895
but he beat so many good toss in a time when toss was tearing shit up because of the recent patch. i think his path was not the hardest but def. not the easiest. His tvt is terrible tho he gotta work on it.


puzzle is overrated, or at least in a serious slump. He hasn't really done anything since winning his code A back in liek... august or something.

Can you name someone that had an easier path to the championship other than nestea (who was completely undefeated in that season)? Maybe one of the really early champions had an easier path, idk.


his code a run was pretty good I guess, although I heard he was crushed by curious. He beat mma in code s though (tlpd).


he beat mma because tvp is mma's worst mu.

not convinced
Zane
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania3916 Posts
January 09 2012 13:56 GMT
#2896
On January 09 2012 22:50 VavPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.

You do realize people were calling Mvp overrated when he dropped to Code A? "Nah, in 6 months we won't even hear about him, it's the new blood you should watch out for." And look what happened. Besides winning even 1 GSL is going to be a pretty impressive feat considering the tournaments will be longer this year.
Cite
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia251 Posts
January 09 2012 13:56 GMT
#2897
Vavpk - don't like what he likes? You are not right! bahaha oh well wish I could have caught more of the games mainly sen's but had to go out mid way after his first set
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-09 14:00:41
January 09 2012 13:59 GMT
#2898
On January 09 2012 22:56 IMPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
but he beat so many good toss in a time when toss was tearing shit up because of the recent patch. i think his path was not the hardest but def. not the easiest. His tvt is terrible tho he gotta work on it.


puzzle is overrated, or at least in a serious slump. He hasn't really done anything since winning his code A back in liek... august or something.


Serious slump since winning Code A in August...

...yet made 1/4 finals of last GSL Code S...
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
January 09 2012 13:59 GMT
#2899
On January 09 2012 22:56 IMPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
but he beat so many good toss in a time when toss was tearing shit up because of the recent patch. i think his path was not the hardest but def. not the easiest. His tvt is terrible tho he gotta work on it.


puzzle is overrated, or at least in a serious slump. He hasn't really done anything since winning his code A back in liek... august or something.

Can you name someone that had an easier path to the championship other than nestea (who was completely undefeated in that season)? Maybe one of the really early champions had an easier path, idk.


Show nested quote +
his code a run was pretty good I guess, although I heard he was crushed by curious. He beat mma in code s though (tlpd).


he beat mma because tvp is mma's worst mu.

not convinced


doesn't make it bad, mma's tvp is still pretty amazing. I guess it's really down to the mu itself, tvz and tvt are the most solid so far so it's clear-cut on whether someone's a god at the mu. tvp, not so much.
VavPK
Profile Joined May 2011
United States196 Posts
January 09 2012 14:01 GMT
#2900
On January 09 2012 22:56 Zane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 22:50 VavPK wrote:
On January 09 2012 22:48 vthree wrote:
Who said anything about mech abuse? But yes you are half right, MVP is also overrated and I think he MIGHT win 1 title in 2012, no more than that though.


lol, you know that just saying that is a compliment to MVP? There are only 5 GSLs in 2012 and I can name at least list 10 players in Code S who have a legitimate shot at winning (and some players who don't know yet who will improve drastically in 2012). So even winning ONE title will be huge.

Not sure how you can call someone who has won 3 GSLs, 1 MLG, 1 Blizzcon, 1 WCG (1st in WCG Kor Qualifiers as well which I think is actually harder then the actually WCG) overrated...


I was never trying to insult MVP I simply said he won't win more than 1 title this year.

You do realize people were calling Mvp overrated when he dropped to Code A? "Nah, in 6 months we won't even hear about him, it's the new blood you should watch out for." And look what happened. Besides winning even 1 GSL is going to be a pretty impressive feat considering the tournaments will be longer this year.


I have been watching GSL since it started so yes I am aware of what people said, it doesn't mean much. I am not trying to say him winning 1 title this year isn't a feat, I do not know why you guys keep trying to make the point that I am somehow downtalking him by saying that, I just don't think he is the god people make him out to be and this year will make that a little more clear.


On January 09 2012 22:56 Cite wrote:
Vavpk - don't like what he likes? You are not right! bahaha oh well wish I could have caught more of the games mainly sen's but had to go out mid way after his first set



You clearrlyyyyyy didn't read all of my posts in this thread.
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 153 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 42
CosmosSc2 36
trigger 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Sea.KH 57
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4910
qojqva2248
Dendi1456
420jenkins522
Fuzer 9
Counter-Strike
fl0m3135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor938
Liquid`Hasu714
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt710
Mlord455
byalli393
Livibee215
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS139
KnowMe91
QueenE66
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1203
League of Legends
• Nemesis3489
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
Replay Cast
8h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.