• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:23
CEST 23:23
KST 06:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10720 users

[TSL] Ro32 Day 4 - Page 412

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 410 411 412 413 414 422 Next
Balance whining will result in a ban
airety
Profile Joined July 2010
United States63 Posts
March 28 2011 03:45 GMT
#8221
Loving the TSL3! Quick question - why not 1080p on the YouTube VODs? Not a major complaint, 720p still looks great!
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 03:50:50
March 28 2011 03:49 GMT
#8222
Disappointed TLO lost. I'm sure he could have taken them, he just was too risky in 2 of the 3 games. I would have only done something that risky in 1 of the games, but not 2.

But, I loved his play and I'm still watching him every chance I get. He understands showmanship like Boxer does. I got the same feeling watching TLO lose as I did Boxer vs. NesTea--sad that he lost, but still so excited about the potential of his great idea.
vitonga
Profile Joined February 2011
United States45 Posts
March 28 2011 03:51 GMT
#8223
it is a computer game tournament and not a dating show.
the gracken played well, but he lost. who cares?

TL KICKING ASS!

greatest SC2 tourney so far, really.
"...but korean imba"-MC
Bruenoran
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3 Posts
March 28 2011 03:54 GMT
#8224
Overall, really exciting games so far...but being a zerg player the results thus far have been slightly disheartening. PvZ is by far my worst match-up so seeing all my fav zerg buddies get rolled by the toss makes me sad...heres to the hope we see some awesome meta-game shifts soon!
Belano
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden657 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 04:07:57
March 28 2011 04:07 GMT
#8225
TSL rocks. Loved the games today and Day9 and DJWheat did a great job casting. It was nice to see Mondragon doing good, and I'm also impressed with Crunchers overall play, and Idras play in game 2 of that series. Too bad Haypro lost, but oh well, still many swedes left in the tournament.

But yeah, nice freewin Idra
Bring back 1 supply roaches.
trikshun
Profile Joined October 2010
United States437 Posts
March 28 2011 04:13 GMT
#8226
Boxer and Nada have a shot at winning this! seeing as half the koreans are gone
theBOOCH
Profile Joined November 2010
United States832 Posts
March 28 2011 04:17 GMT
#8227
Even though Zeerax played really badly, Mondragon game 1 was beautiful.
If all you're offering is Dos Equis, I will stay thirsty thank you very much.
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
March 28 2011 04:23 GMT
#8228
On March 28 2011 11:46 Tonic420 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 11:00 Zeri wrote:
On March 28 2011 10:39 tdt wrote:
On March 28 2011 10:35 TelesisGQ wrote:
Fuck Idra in his bm ass, I don't see why all these fools worship him.



I don't get it either. Like being rude is cool. Especially when you weigh 80lbs. I call it stupid.




hmm... Its sort of why people love the character House... IdrA doesn't care what people think about him. He says what he thinks with no regard to how people will react, and a lot of people (including me) find that refreshing. Being nice for the sake of niceness is, well, nice...but sort of boring. the fact that idrA doesn't hesitate to call people out when he feels they are being bad or stupid, is actually kind a positive attribute at least to me. It means he has no fall back to people saying "well, at least he's nice and well mannered.." no. IdrA pissing people off and not being nice actually means he HAS to be one of the best out there to back it up, it takes a lot of confidence to do that too. And yea, when he loses it looks 10000% worse than when other people lose because of his "bm." But I find it awesome that he carries himself the way he does.


Ya it's really "refreshing" when someone cries after they lose a game they deserved to lose.


You barely even responded to his post... He didn't focus on complaining after a loss, but instead his overall attitude, and I agree. I am definitely no big fan of IdrA (not a hater either) but I do love that he is a strong player in the scene. He adds a lot more drama and excitement when he does his BM stuff. I see nothing wrong with people enjoying that.

Respecting him, on the other hand, is another story... as well as the specifics of his attitude like being bitter after a loss.

Either way, I was by far the most excited by the Cruncher/IdrA game today.
darkevilxe
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada346 Posts
March 28 2011 04:23 GMT
#8229
Honestly, mondragon only won that because he got lucky.
Zeri
Profile Joined March 2010
United States773 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 04:33:03
March 28 2011 04:32 GMT
#8230
On March 28 2011 12:34 trashcan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 12:03 Zeri wrote:
On March 28 2011 11:46 Tonic420 wrote:
On March 28 2011 11:00 Zeri wrote:
On March 28 2011 10:39 tdt wrote:
On March 28 2011 10:35 TelesisGQ wrote:
Fuck Idra in his bm ass, I don't see why all these fools worship him.



I don't get it either. Like being rude is cool. Especially when you weigh 80lbs. I call it stupid.




hmm... Its sort of why people love the character House... IdrA doesn't care what people think about him. He says what he thinks with no regard to how people will react, and a lot of people (including me) find that refreshing. Being nice for the sake of niceness is, well, nice...but sort of boring. the fact that idrA doesn't hesitate to call people out when he feels they are being bad or stupid, is actually kind a positive attribute at least to me. It means he has no fall back to people saying "well, at least he's nice and well mannered.." no. IdrA pissing people off and not being nice actually means he HAS to be one of the best out there to back it up, it takes a lot of confidence to do that too. And yea, when he loses it looks 10000% worse than when other people lose because of his "bm." But I find it awesome that he carries himself the way he does.


Ya it's really "refreshing" when someone cries after they lose a game they deserved to lose.



Read your what you just said out loud. Really. Now think about your word choice and what you are trying to say.

The release of negative emotion after a tough loss does show passion.


It shows immaturity. Say a few canned words, be polite, get out and let your frustration out in private like a man instead of whining to the whole world like a baby.

I really don't feel anything for Idra except pity these days. He was nothing special in Brood War and he's nothing special now in StarCraft 2 even though he had a decent start. Being rude and bad mannered when you're not the best only makes you look pathetic, not confident or cocky.




Yes, saying a few canned words to appease people and to be sure to not step on anyones toes makes you a man? Way to not respond to the original posts that started this and just the most recent one.
You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
March 28 2011 04:42 GMT
#8231
On March 28 2011 13:23 darkevilxe wrote:
Honestly, mondragon only won that because he got lucky.


funny you write that because in his interview, he talks about how he doesn't have a lot of time to practice and will only win if he gets lucky
Zeri
Profile Joined March 2010
United States773 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 05:07:26
March 28 2011 04:49 GMT
#8232
On March 28 2011 13:42 trifecta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:23 darkevilxe wrote:
Honestly, mondragon only won that because he got lucky.


funny you write that because in his interview, he talks about how he doesn't have a lot of time to practice and will only win if he gets lucky



I think darkevilxe was being sarcastic....
You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.
Tipany
Profile Joined November 2010
United States368 Posts
March 28 2011 04:51 GMT
#8233
On March 28 2011 13:49 Zeri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:42 trifecta wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:23 darkevilxe wrote:
Honestly, mondragon only won that because he got lucky.


funny you write that because in his interview, he talks about how he doesn't have a lot of time to practice and will only win if he gets lucky



I think he was being sarcastic....

Lol, how would sarcasm even fit into his post? It wouldn't make any sense to be sarcastic when saying that.
wat.
Noreh
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada24 Posts
March 28 2011 04:54 GMT
#8234
On March 28 2011 10:23 -Strider- wrote:
LiquidCruncher!

I hope that day never comes
Niick
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia426 Posts
March 28 2011 04:56 GMT
#8235
On March 28 2011 13:51 TheJoyBringer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:49 Zeri wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:42 trifecta wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:23 darkevilxe wrote:
Honestly, mondragon only won that because he got lucky.


funny you write that because in his interview, he talks about how he doesn't have a lot of time to practice and will only win if he gets lucky



I think he was being sarcastic....

Lol, how would sarcasm even fit into his post? It wouldn't make any sense to be sarcastic when saying that.


... it would make lots of sense..

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 05:19:22
March 28 2011 04:59 GMT
#8236
On March 28 2011 11:00 Zeri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 10:39 tdt wrote:
On March 28 2011 10:35 TelesisGQ wrote:
Fuck Idra in his bm ass, I don't see why all these fools worship him.



I don't get it either. Like being rude is cool. Especially when you weigh 80lbs. I call it stupid.




hmm... Its sort of why people love the character House... IdrA doesn't care what people think about him. He says what he thinks with no regard to how people will react, and a lot of people (including me) find that refreshing. Being nice for the sake of niceness is, well, nice...but sort of boring. the fact that idrA doesn't hesitate to call people out when he feels they are being bad or stupid, is actually kind a positive attribute at least to me. It means he has no fall back to people saying "well, at least he's nice and well mannered.." no. IdrA pissing people off and not being nice actually means he HAS to be one of the best out there to back it up, it takes a lot of confidence to do that too. And yea, when he loses it looks 10000% worse than when other people lose because of his "bm." But I find it awesome that he carries himself the way he does.

If by refreshing honesty you mean saying things that would ordinarily get a broken jaw in RL... not that honest after all hiding behind intreweb eh? Just think about it. You and others already said he was nice in RL so one persona is manufactured. e.g dishonest.

Edit:I have no problem with confidence. Take MC when he says player x is not that great, but he actually wins. Big difference.
MC for president
Hierarch
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2197 Posts
March 28 2011 05:03 GMT
#8237
On March 28 2011 13:49 Zeri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:42 trifecta wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:23 darkevilxe wrote:
Honestly, mondragon only won that because he got lucky.


funny you write that because in his interview, he talks about how he doesn't have a lot of time to practice and will only win if he gets lucky



I think he was being sarcastic....


It's just Mondragon being Mondragon, iNcontroL said that Mondragon says stuff like that all the time before tournaments like "I'm really out of shape and I won't do so well, hopefully I get lucky" and then at the end of the tournament Mondragon has won and is like "I guess I'm still pretty good" this was discussed on an episode of SOTG.
MC|NonY|HerO|NaDa|MVP|DRG|Ret|Sen|Dimaga|Leenock
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
March 28 2011 05:04 GMT
#8238
Can someone link me to the interviews? I can't seem to find them
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Zeri
Profile Joined March 2010
United States773 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 05:07:05
March 28 2011 05:06 GMT
#8239
On March 28 2011 14:03 Hierarch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:49 Zeri wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:42 trifecta wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:23 darkevilxe wrote:
Honestly, mondragon only won that because he got lucky.


funny you write that because in his interview, he talks about how he doesn't have a lot of time to practice and will only win if he gets lucky



I think he was being sarcastic....


It's just Mondragon being Mondragon, iNcontroL said that Mondragon says stuff like that all the time before tournaments like "I'm really out of shape and I won't do so well, hopefully I get lucky" and then at the end of the tournament Mondragon has won and is like "I guess I'm still pretty good" this was discussed on an episode of SOTG.



not mondragon...the guy who said mondragon won because he got lucky....edited to avoid confusion
You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.
RoseTempest
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada196 Posts
March 28 2011 05:15 GMT
#8240
On March 28 2011 13:23 Chicane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 11:46 Tonic420 wrote:
On March 28 2011 11:00 Zeri wrote:
On March 28 2011 10:39 tdt wrote:
On March 28 2011 10:35 TelesisGQ wrote:
Fuck Idra in his bm ass, I don't see why all these fools worship him.



I don't get it either. Like being rude is cool. Especially when you weigh 80lbs. I call it stupid.




hmm... Its sort of why people love the character House... IdrA doesn't care what people think about him. He says what he thinks with no regard to how people will react, and a lot of people (including me) find that refreshing. Being nice for the sake of niceness is, well, nice...but sort of boring. the fact that idrA doesn't hesitate to call people out when he feels they are being bad or stupid, is actually kind a positive attribute at least to me. It means he has no fall back to people saying "well, at least he's nice and well mannered.." no. IdrA pissing people off and not being nice actually means he HAS to be one of the best out there to back it up, it takes a lot of confidence to do that too. And yea, when he loses it looks 10000% worse than when other people lose because of his "bm." But I find it awesome that he carries himself the way he does.


Ya it's really "refreshing" when someone cries after they lose a game they deserved to lose.


You barely even responded to his post... He didn't focus on complaining after a loss, but instead his overall attitude, and I agree. I am definitely no big fan of IdrA (not a hater either) but I do love that he is a strong player in the scene. He adds a lot more drama and excitement when he does his BM stuff. I see nothing wrong with people enjoying that.

Respecting him, on the other hand, is another story... as well as the specifics of his attitude like being bitter after a loss.

Either way, I was by far the most excited by the Cruncher/IdrA game today.


People like House because he's the BEST at what he does. He's a cocky, arrogant asshole, but in the end, he's ALWAYS right. Out of... what is it now... 7 seasons? He's been wrong on a total of 2-3 cases. Thats why he has the privilege of being the ass that he is and still maintaining his respect/likeability as a character.

IDRA, however, has done next to nothing to back up his hefty ego. Take MC for example, seems cocky, displays his trashtalk and confidence in a brash manner, but know what? He follows through, he stomps through whoever he says he'll stomp through, and we love him for that.

In the end Idra is just being Idra, from his BW failures to his mediocrity in SC2, he never fails to find something to blame that isn't himself. In SC1, toss was imba, and his opponents were doing dumb things and winning (see for lulz, don't necropost though http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88342 ), and in SC2, every race/strategy that he loses against is a) cheesy b) all-in or c) imbalanced.

However, I love having Idra around because, in the end, he brings something to the community. I love watching him play and reading his interviews because it gives me something to hate. Something to cheer against. It doesn't matter if it's F91 or Silver or Morrow or Cruncher, it brings a flutter to my heart and a tear of happiness to my eye whenever Idra's massive ego is cut down yet another notch, and he's forced to eat his words yet once again.

tl;dr - You can only be cocky like house when you're the uncontested best at something, and Idra is and always will be a whiner/sore loser.
Prev 1 410 411 412 413 414 422 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 14
910 9
MaD[AoV]3
League of Legends
JimRising 226
Counter-Strike
fl0m4644
Fnx 570
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox210
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4544
Liquid`Hasu603
Other Games
summit1g5024
Liquid`RaSZi1588
FrodaN549
C9.Mang0186
PPMD164
RotterdaM106
JuggernautJason40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21323
Other Games
• Shiphtur877
• imaqtpie659
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 38m
Patches Events
18h 38m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.