• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:18
CEST 10:18
KST 17:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9934 users

[NASL] Players (final) - Page 80

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
4302 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 216 Next
Players such as Jinro, HuK, and Adelscott did not apply for this tour, so don't ask why they aren't on this list. DIMAGA, Kas, and LaLush turned applications in late so they will not appear either. Please take some time to learn who exactly applied.

Please inform yourself about who applied and who didn't.
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
March 26 2011 22:08 GMT
#1581
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.

Oh, I know those 25 progamers who are amazing and will compete against each other. They're ok, I guess.

But these two players I don't like oh they're so terrible, they'll ruin the whole league! I'm forced to watch these play, I can't choose the 5 other games that will be going on at every point in time!


Just take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound.

2 (3, 5, 10) players you disagree will not ruin a league of 50.
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
March 26 2011 22:09 GMT
#1582
On March 27 2011 06:45 Chriscras wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:43 SMD wrote:
On March 27 2011 06:40 Chriscras wrote:
Because ViBe and Stalife are not 7 time WCG finalists in BW.

They don't play on the Korean ladder and they don't cast the GSL or coach the World All Stars team.

Artosis knows more about the game than both of them combined.


I understand that. But he has no results, so results wise he's no more deserving than them. ( Im not arguing that artosis isn't a better choice, as i think he will show how good he's become, I'm just saying we're giving him a chance to prove himself, why not give them the chance?)



Because the NASL is not a platform for them to demonstrate their abilities. The NASL was supposed to be a world class tournament with world class players.

There are 25 FAR more deserving players who will not be in the tournament because someone choose to include ViBe and Stalife for "diversity" or some other bullshit reason.

We are the ones who are going to suffer, by missing out on the epic games that could have and SHOULD have been played.



I agree completely with this statement, and it's honestly very sad that I was so excited for the NASL, but it seems like it's not going to be at all what I hoped for
SooYoung-Noona!
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
March 26 2011 22:14 GMT
#1583
On March 27 2011 07:08 Bobster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.

Oh, I know those 25 progamers who are amazing and will compete against each other. They're ok, I guess.

But these two players I don't like oh they're so terrible, they'll ruin the whole league! I'm forced to watch these play, I can't choose the 5 other games that will be going on at every point in time!


Just take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound.

2 (3, 5, 10) players you disagree will not ruin a league of 50.


Such a strawman. I never said the league was ruined for me, I just said I don't care about most of these players and I don't know some of them.
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
March 26 2011 22:15 GMT
#1584
Who is ViBe?^^ I thought I knew about more or less all the top players but not this guy apparently. Glad to see MoonGlade though.
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
March 26 2011 22:18 GMT
#1585
On March 27 2011 07:14 Gentleman7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 07:08 Bobster wrote:
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.

Oh, I know those 25 progamers who are amazing and will compete against each other. They're ok, I guess.

But these two players I don't like oh they're so terrible, they'll ruin the whole league! I'm forced to watch these play, I can't choose the 5 other games that will be going on at every point in time!


Just take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound.

2 (3, 5, 10) players you disagree will not ruin a league of 50.


Such a strawman. I never said the league was ruined for me, I just said I don't care about most of these players and I don't know some of them.

Hey fair enough, that's fine. If you don't care about most of

Moon, Fenix, Kiwikaki, TLO, Sheth, QXC, SjoW, TT1, White-Ra, KawaiiRice, Haypro, Naniwa, Axslav, Strelok, Moonglade, Select, HasuObs, Catz, Machine, Ace, Brat_OK, Idra, Socke, Sen, Tyler, Mana, Drewbie.

and don't know some of them, that's absolutely fine. I don't think you'd enjoy watching the NASL, better start scouting for other tournaments that suit your palate of tastes better.

Good luck!
Zeri
Profile Joined March 2010
United States773 Posts
March 26 2011 22:22 GMT
#1586
On March 27 2011 07:08 Bobster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.

Oh, I know those 25 progamers who are amazing and will compete against each other. They're ok, I guess.

But these two players I don't like oh they're so terrible, they'll ruin the whole league! I'm forced to watch these play, I can't choose the 5 other games that will be going on at every point in time!


Just take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound.

2 (3, 5, 10) players you disagree will not ruin a league of 50.



This shift in thought has me worried. Just the talk of NASL has shifted from: "don't worry, it will still be epic!!"

to now

"don't worry the entire league won't be ruined"

It seems to be going South.....

just an observation. (I remain optimistic about NASL, however)
You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.
SMD
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada627 Posts
March 26 2011 22:23 GMT
#1587
On March 27 2011 07:22 Zeri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 07:08 Bobster wrote:
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.

Oh, I know those 25 progamers who are amazing and will compete against each other. They're ok, I guess.

But these two players I don't like oh they're so terrible, they'll ruin the whole league! I'm forced to watch these play, I can't choose the 5 other games that will be going on at every point in time!


Just take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound.

2 (3, 5, 10) players you disagree will not ruin a league of 50.



This shift in thought has me worried. Just the talk of NASL has shifted from: "don't worry, it will still be epic!!"

to now

"don't worry the entire league won't be ruined"

It seems to be going South.....

just an observation. (I remain optimistic about NASL, however)


Basically he's saying watch the league before you pass judgement on the players.
If someone's so offended by the players invited...start your own league and show NASL how much better your invites are?
nglt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States187 Posts
March 26 2011 22:27 GMT
#1588
the same people who complain about the lack of korean invites to NASL are the same people crying about the so called lag for koreans playing on the na/euro servers in the TSL. kind of confusing to me that you want koreans in a tournament played on the NA server. so either the NASL invites koreans and everyone bitches about lag ruining the tournament or NASL doesnt invite koreans and everyone bitches about the lack of these so called top players.
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 22:42:42
March 26 2011 22:29 GMT
#1589
On March 27 2011 07:22 Zeri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 07:08 Bobster wrote:
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.

Oh, I know those 25 progamers who are amazing and will compete against each other. They're ok, I guess.

But these two players I don't like oh they're so terrible, they'll ruin the whole league! I'm forced to watch these play, I can't choose the 5 other games that will be going on at every point in time!


Just take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound.

2 (3, 5, 10) players you disagree will not ruin a league of 50.



This shift in thought has me worried. Just the talk of NASL has shifted from: "don't worry, it will still be epic!!"

to now

"don't worry the entire league won't be ruined"

It seems to be going South.....

just an observation. (I remain optimistic about NASL, however)
Hm, it looks like you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Sorry for not being clear enough.

I was posting this from his hypothetical standpoint (as the quotation marks indicate) - and I was trying to get him to understand that even for someone like him, who doesn't like some of the players invited, there's still going to be plenty of amazing content in the NASL, as it's an ongoing league of 50 players. This amounts to a pretty damn massive number of games which would allow him to cherrypick only the ones he would be interested in and still provide hours of entertainment.

That was my way of trying to get the haters onboard the positivity train. Looks like I totally failed with that. :lol


In my own view, nothing has changed. Still hyped, still satisfied with the player lineup so far. And still hoping for Goody! :p
Alexj
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Ukraine440 Posts
March 26 2011 22:31 GMT
#1590
So much for "50 best players"

Well, at least open tourneys will be interesting. It just seems like there should be more than bottom 16 replaced. It will be much better after 2-3 seasons though
More GGs, more skill
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 22:47:13
March 26 2011 22:33 GMT
#1591
On March 27 2011 07:27 nglt wrote:
the same people who complain about the lack of korean invites to NASL are the same people crying about the so called lag for koreans playing on the na/euro servers in the TSL. kind of confusing to me that you want koreans in a tournament played on the NA server. so either the NASL invites koreans and everyone bitches about lag ruining the tournament or NASL doesnt invite koreans and everyone bitches about the lack of these so called top players.


honestly it's looking like Incontrol was correct in trying to emphasize that NASL was a north american focused league and that Korean invites would be limited due to latency & time issues

we'll see how foreigners perform against the Koreans in the GOM World Championship where network conditions are much more equal.

people should also wait to judge the overall player quality of the league once all 50 invites are announced. although I do expect there to be some surprising snubs, inviting Artosis to NASL was a smart decision. he will definitely draw attention and viewers to NASL.

I also fully expect people to be complaining about some Koreans not getting invited while also complaining about how much lag the Koreans have to deal with.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
March 26 2011 22:34 GMT
#1592
forums suck

people shouldn't have a place to discuss these things if most discussions are completely stupid.

let the tournament unfold, then voice your criticisms. (if there are any)

It's shaping up to be a great first tournament, and I can only imagine the followups will be even better.
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
Sega92
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States467 Posts
March 26 2011 22:36 GMT
#1593
division 5 is going to be insane IdrA, Tyler and Sen...thats a group of death if i ever saw one
ExquisiteRed
Profile Joined February 2011
396 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 22:51:03
March 26 2011 22:38 GMT
#1594
Yep division 5 actually seems unfair with how many good players are in there
Minigun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
619 Posts
March 26 2011 22:40 GMT
#1595
Only the bottom 16 get replaced? Seems like a small amount to me, especially when you see quite a few people obviously have to be left out. It seems like only 1-16th that made it to the lan, should get a re-invite. The rest have a chance to re qualify. That would make more sense to me.
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” ― Stephen Hawking
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
March 26 2011 22:40 GMT
#1596
NASL can do things however it wants, but it needs to figure out what it wants. They need to be transparent with their decision making, which they haven't been at all thus far.

What criteria for acceptance do players like Vibe and stalife fulfill that many of the top level koreans do not? Can we see a list of requirements for acceptance? It may help us understand these seemingly poor decisions. Is it a coincidence that those two players are the lone representatives of relatively small teams?

If they want to have a mainly NA/euro watered down league, they should not advertise it as the center for the best starcraft in the west, as they have been. People are disappointed in the picks because they have been led to believe that the better players would be getting the spots.

The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
March 26 2011 22:41 GMT
#1597
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.


It just feels like it'll be 50 assorted players


:/

So despite there being a vast majority of players you do know and hopefully acknowledge are great, 2 players that you don't think are big enough to be invited are on the list and that makes it feel like 'it'll be 50 assorted players'.

I'm sorry but none of that makes any sense, I don't know what you are complaining about. Perhaps there is a case that a couple of players are questionable (I don't think so, really) but I have no idea how that taints the whole tournament for you, honestly I don't.
Vorenius
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark1979 Posts
March 26 2011 22:43 GMT
#1598
On March 27 2011 06:31 Chriscras wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:10 flodeskum wrote:
On March 27 2011 05:20 Chriscras wrote:
We aren't claiming that Koreans are dominating!!

It's that the NASL preemptively believed that Koreans WOULD dominate and therefore didn't allow them to play in the tournament.

That's just wrong on so many levels... If you can't understand that, then you don't value watching a world class tournament like the TSL or the GSL over the joke that the NASL may quickly become.

You are clearly not very well informed on this subject.

On SotG Russel from nasl said that the reasons for limiting korean player participation were primarily latency. And I think the TSL has convincingly proven latency is indeed a huge issue for an online tournament.

It's amazing how hard it is for some people to grasp this.


Why would the lag in Korea be any more difficult to overcome than the lag from Europe.

Why? Distance perhaps, lack of infrastructure or whatever. I don't know the specifics but it is a fact that NA to Europe barely lags at all while korea to NA or EU both lag considerably.


Listen, its not about inviting Koreans. Everyone who says you shouldn't invite ANY Koreans is clearly being disingenuous about hosting a tournament with the best players "in the world."

The problem with NASL - as of the first 35 picks - is that the only Koreans announced have been Moon and Ace. They were clearly picked because of their success at IEM, but why pick Koreans based on a IEM and not based on their placement in the GSL (Ace and Moon fell out of Code A).

It's because NASL either is uninformed about who the best Koreans are or are DELIBERATELY holding back the number of WORLD CLASS Koreans in order to direct the final 16 to heavily favor NA and EU players.

That's just wrong and reflects poorly on how the overall tournament is going to be run.

And how exactly is it you know they won't invite the top performers from GSL that applied?
If you have a secret source and know who is going to be invite please share that with the rest of us so we can end this discussion.

If you don't know who the remaining players will be then stop with the fucking whine posts all the damn time!
It wouldn't make any sense to not invite people like Boxer, July or MC so why do you just assume that they won't? :s

They are of course saving some of the biggest names for last. That's the whole idea with announcing it like this. (not that I agree with it, I think just posting all 50 would have been a lot better)
Please just take NoNy advice. At least untill all the names has been announced
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
March 26 2011 22:45 GMT
#1599
On March 27 2011 07:18 Bobster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 07:14 Gentleman7 wrote:
On March 27 2011 07:08 Bobster wrote:
On March 27 2011 06:56 Gentleman7 wrote:
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.

Oh, I know those 25 progamers who are amazing and will compete against each other. They're ok, I guess.

But these two players I don't like oh they're so terrible, they'll ruin the whole league! I'm forced to watch these play, I can't choose the 5 other games that will be going on at every point in time!


Just take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound.

2 (3, 5, 10) players you disagree will not ruin a league of 50.


Such a strawman. I never said the league was ruined for me, I just said I don't care about most of these players and I don't know some of them.

Hey fair enough, that's fine. If you don't care about most of

Moon, Fenix, Kiwikaki, TLO, Sheth, QXC, SjoW, TT1, White-Ra, KawaiiRice, Haypro, Naniwa, Axslav, Strelok, Moonglade, Select, HasuObs, Catz, Machine, Ace, Brat_OK, Idra, Socke, Sen, Tyler, Mana, Drewbie.

and don't know some of them, that's absolutely fine. I don't think you'd enjoy watching the NASL, better start scouting for other tournaments that suit your palate of tastes better.

Good luck!


Yeah that sums it up pretty well. Gentleman7, mate, I don't what it is you are looking for if those players aren't doing it for you. You would perhaps like it better if NASL only invited players that you personally were emotionally attached to?
Seronei
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden991 Posts
March 26 2011 22:46 GMT
#1600
Glad to see MoMan getting an invite, his video was waaay to hilarious to ignore. :D
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 216 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1667
Hyuk 304
Shinee 87
Hyun 73
Killer 56
Snow 52
ggaemo 48
Hm[arnc] 43
Bale 29
sorry 28
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 26
JYJ 14
Bonyth 0
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8704
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream195
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Lourlo1503
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 42m
INu's Battles
3h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
Replay Cast
14h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.