• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9945 users

[NASL] Players (final) - Page 79

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
4302 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 216 Next
Players such as Jinro, HuK, and Adelscott did not apply for this tour, so don't ask why they aren't on this list. DIMAGA, Kas, and LaLush turned applications in late so they will not appear either. Please take some time to learn who exactly applied.

Please inform yourself about who applied and who didn't.
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
March 26 2011 21:34 GMT
#1561
And this lag argument is bullshit! Do you all think Jinro and HuK should never be allowed to play in the NASL either because they choose to live in Korea, play in the GSL?
"En taro adun, Executor."
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
March 26 2011 21:34 GMT
#1562
Bleh.

After being so amped up after Artosis' name being released, this day has crushed that hype.

Vibe? Stalife?

Honestly, NASL should have just released all the names at once. That way, sure their will be one or two weak players, but everyone will look to Artosis and whoever else. I'm still very dissapointed with these picks. Those two aren't the top 50 foreigners, much less world wide.

I want to be so excited for this, I really do. I wanna be amped up that I'm going to see my favorites play, but it just seems like the only thing to be excited for is the huge prize pool. And that just not enough :/

The next few days will hopefully be huge names, Koreans or otherwise, but I'm having a hard time getting excited. It just feels like it'll be 50 assorted players, and sure I'll watch Tyler's games, and TLO's and Artosis' but I just don't like enough of these players or hell, even KNOW of enough of them to be excited.
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
SMD
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada627 Posts
March 26 2011 21:37 GMT
#1563
On March 27 2011 06:34 Gentleman7 wrote:
Bleh.

After being so amped up after Artosis' name being released, this day has crushed that hype.

Vibe? Stalife?

Honestly, NASL should have just released all the names at once. That way, sure their will be one or two weak players, but everyone will look to Artosis and whoever else. I'm still very dissapointed with these picks. Those two aren't the top 50 foreigners, much less world wide.

I want to be so excited for this, I really do. I wanna be amped up that I'm going to see my favorites play, but it just seems like the only thing to be excited for is the huge prize pool. And that just not enough :/

The next few days will hopefully be huge names, Koreans or otherwise, but I'm having a hard time getting excited. It just feels like it'll be 50 assorted players, and sure I'll watch Tyler's games, and TLO's and Artosis' but I just don't like enough of these players or hell, even KNOW of enough of them to be excited.


I am one of the people who am looking forward to see artosis play in the NASL, but based on results, why is he more deserving than ViBe or Stalife?
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 21:42:11
March 26 2011 21:40 GMT
#1564
Because ViBe and Stalife are not 7 time WCG finalists in BW.

They don't consistently play on the Korean ladder and they don't cast the GSL or coach the World All Stars team.

Artosis knows more about the game than both of them combined.
"En taro adun, Executor."
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
March 26 2011 21:41 GMT
#1565
On March 27 2011 06:37 SMD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:34 Gentleman7 wrote:
Bleh.

After being so amped up after Artosis' name being released, this day has crushed that hype.

Vibe? Stalife?

Honestly, NASL should have just released all the names at once. That way, sure their will be one or two weak players, but everyone will look to Artosis and whoever else. I'm still very dissapointed with these picks. Those two aren't the top 50 foreigners, much less world wide.

I want to be so excited for this, I really do. I wanna be amped up that I'm going to see my favorites play, but it just seems like the only thing to be excited for is the huge prize pool. And that just not enough :/

The next few days will hopefully be huge names, Koreans or otherwise, but I'm having a hard time getting excited. It just feels like it'll be 50 assorted players, and sure I'll watch Tyler's games, and TLO's and Artosis' but I just don't like enough of these players or hell, even KNOW of enough of them to be excited.


I am one of the people who am looking forward to see artosis play in the NASL, but based on results, why is he more deserving than ViBe or Stalife?

In SC2, he simply is not, all 3 of them are not. But, and that is the difference, Artosis has a massive fan-base, has proven himself in BW, and does a lot for the community.
Stalife and ViBe are just unknown to the general playerbase.
It appears I have been chosen.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
March 26 2011 21:42 GMT
#1566
Should we keep in mind that Artosis has as much success in Korea as Haypro
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
SMD
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada627 Posts
March 26 2011 21:43 GMT
#1567
On March 27 2011 06:40 Chriscras wrote:
Because ViBe and Stalife are not 7 time WCG finalists in BW.

They don't play on the Korean ladder and they don't cast the GSL or coach the World All Stars team.

Artosis knows more about the game than both of them combined.


I understand that. But he has no results, so results wise he's no more deserving than them. ( Im not arguing that artosis isn't a better choice, as i think he will show how good he's become, I'm just saying we're giving him a chance to prove himself, why not give them the chance?)

Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 21:47:21
March 26 2011 21:45 GMT
#1568
On March 27 2011 06:43 SMD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:40 Chriscras wrote:
Because ViBe and Stalife are not 7 time WCG finalists in BW.

They don't play on the Korean ladder and they don't cast the GSL or coach the World All Stars team.

Artosis knows more about the game than both of them combined.


I understand that. But he has no results, so results wise he's no more deserving than them. ( Im not arguing that artosis isn't a better choice, as i think he will show how good he's become, I'm just saying we're giving him a chance to prove himself, why not give them the chance?)



Because the NASL is not a platform for them to demonstrate their abilities. The NASL was supposed to be a world class tournament with world class players.

There are 25 FAR more deserving players who will not be in the tournament because someone choose to include ViBe and Stalife for "diversity" or some other bullshit reason.

We are the ones who are going to suffer, by missing out on the epic games that could have and SHOULD have been played.
"En taro adun, Executor."
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
March 26 2011 21:45 GMT
#1569
On March 27 2011 06:42 Zlasher wrote:
Should we keep in mind that Artosis has as much success in Korea as Haypro


Lol mean

Releasing not all players at once is kinda stupid, makes people hate on the "weaker" players when their favourites aren't officially announced yet.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 26 2011 21:46 GMT
#1570
I would accept Moman just for his application video, regardless of his play :D

Moonglade in is awesome too.

Drewbie is okay, stalife and vibe are ... surprising
A backwards poet writes inverse.
chonkyfire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States451 Posts
March 26 2011 21:47 GMT
#1571
Vibe seems like an odd choice, has he won anything?

I figured Dde would of been the only guy from NRG in
Just when I thought that I saw I ghost, I realized that it was the endo smoke
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
March 26 2011 21:47 GMT
#1572
I wasn't even so much talking about who deserves - though I can definitely argue Artosis does deserve it more than them - but just how excited I am. Vibe and Stalife don't excite me. Is their anyone here who doesn't know them in real life who got genuinely excited when they were announced?

Artosis on the other hand gets me pumped. I am so excited to see if the commentating god, the veteran of BW can play again.

I'd attach titles to Vibe and Stalife, but Vibe the MLG Dallas Winners Round 6 player and Stalife the Runner up to the 2nd EG Masters cup just doesn't seem impressive. :/
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 21:49:10
March 26 2011 21:48 GMT
#1573
Is this the Stalife from the Stalife drop technique? :p
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
March 26 2011 21:52 GMT
#1574
On March 27 2011 06:34 Gentleman7 wrote:
Bleh.

After being so amped up after Artosis' name being released, this day has crushed that hype.

Vibe? Stalife?

Honestly, NASL should have just released all the names at once. That way, sure their will be one or two weak players, but everyone will look to Artosis and whoever else. I'm still very dissapointed with these picks. Those two aren't the top 50 foreigners, much less world wide.

I want to be so excited for this, I really do. I wanna be amped up that I'm going to see my favorites play, but it just seems like the only thing to be excited for is the huge prize pool. And that just not enough :/

The next few days will hopefully be huge names, Koreans or otherwise, but I'm having a hard time getting excited. It just feels like it'll be 50 assorted players, and sure I'll watch Tyler's games, and TLO's and Artosis' but I just don't like enough of these players or hell, even KNOW of enough of them to be excited.


You don't know these players? I'm really confused.

Moon, Fenix, Kiwikaki, TLO, Sheth, QXC, SjoW, TT1, White-Ra, KawaiiRice, Haypro, Naniwa, Axslav, Strelok, Moonglade, Select, HasuObs, Catz, Machine, Ace, Brat_OK, Idra, Socke, Sen, Tyler, Mana, Drewbie.

The full list has not been announced, and these are the names that I would classify as undeniably big time players. If you haven't heard of them, you haven't been paying attention. Just 50 assorted players...that really baffles me. Look at that list. You think those are just randomers? What SC2 have you been watching?
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
March 26 2011 21:56 GMT
#1575
No, I know those. Was complaining about Vibe and Stalife.

I still feel like the most exciting thing is the prize pool, not the players.
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
flodeskum
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1267 Posts
March 26 2011 21:57 GMT
#1576
On March 27 2011 06:31 Chriscras wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:10 flodeskum wrote:
On March 27 2011 05:20 Chriscras wrote:
We aren't claiming that Koreans are dominating!!

It's that the NASL preemptively believed that Koreans WOULD dominate and therefore didn't allow them to play in the tournament.

That's just wrong on so many levels... If you can't understand that, then you don't value watching a world class tournament like the TSL or the GSL over the joke that the NASL may quickly become.

You are clearly not very well informed on this subject.

On SotG Russel from nasl said that the reasons for limiting korean player participation were primarily latency. And I think the TSL has convincingly proven latency is indeed a huge issue for an online tournament.

It's amazing how hard it is for some people to grasp this.


Why would the lag in Korea be any more difficult to overcome than the lag from Europe.

Why? Distance perhaps, lack of infrastructure or whatever. I don't know the specifics but it is a fact that NA to Europe barely lags at all while korea to NA or EU both lag considerably.


Listen, its not about inviting Koreans. Everyone who says you shouldn't invite ANY Koreans is clearly being disingenuous about hosting a tournament with the best players "in the world."

The problem with NASL - as of the first 35 picks - is that the only Koreans announced have been Moon and Ace. They were clearly picked because of their success at IEM, but why pick Koreans based on a IEM and not based on their placement in the GSL (Ace and Moon fell out of Code A).

It's because NASL either is uninformed about who the best Koreans are or are DELIBERATELY holding back the number of WORLD CLASS Koreans in order to direct the final 16 to heavily favor NA and EU players.

That's just wrong and reflects poorly on how the overall tournament is going to be run.

You don't know anything about the reasoning behind the invites. Not a thing. But don't let that get in the way of your shit stirring.
On March 27 2011 06:34 Chriscras wrote:And this lag argument is bullshit! Do you all think Jinro and HuK should never be allowed to play in the NASL either because they choose to live in Korea, play in the GSL?

Have Jinro or HuK been invited?
IdrA: " my fans are kinda retarded"
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
March 26 2011 22:01 GMT
#1577
I don't think Jinro or Huk applied.
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
March 26 2011 22:01 GMT
#1578
On March 27 2011 06:57 flodeskum wrote:
Have Jinro or HuK been invited?

They didn't apply because they wanted to focus on GSL.
It appears I have been chosen.
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
March 26 2011 22:04 GMT
#1579
why are people giving Vibe and Stalife crap when Moman was also invited?

Anyway, here is the time-graph of length for a certain body part

==========D
=========================D
=============================D
========================D
D===
We talkin about PRACTICE
Zeles
Profile Joined October 2010
United States335 Posts
March 26 2011 22:06 GMT
#1580
On March 27 2011 06:45 Chriscras wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 06:43 SMD wrote:
On March 27 2011 06:40 Chriscras wrote:
Because ViBe and Stalife are not 7 time WCG finalists in BW.

They don't play on the Korean ladder and they don't cast the GSL or coach the World All Stars team.

Artosis knows more about the game than both of them combined.


I understand that. But he has no results, so results wise he's no more deserving than them. ( Im not arguing that artosis isn't a better choice, as i think he will show how good he's become, I'm just saying we're giving him a chance to prove himself, why not give them the chance?)



Because the NASL is not a platform for them to demonstrate their abilities. The NASL was supposed to be a world class tournament with world class players.

There are 25 FAR more deserving players who will not be in the tournament because someone choose to include ViBe and Stalife for "diversity" or some other bullshit reason.

We are the ones who are going to suffer, by missing out on the epic games that could have and SHOULD have been played.


Suffer? Nobodys forcing you to watch this - go watch the GSL if you feel you're not satisfied.
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 216 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4643
Horang2 394
Hyuk 357
BeSt 133
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 73
Shinee 67
Killer 65
ggaemo 57
sorry 54
[ Show more ]
Snow 52
Bonyth 37
Bale 35
JYJ 12
League of Legends
JimRising 543
Other Games
gofns10087
summit1g9089
singsing1262
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2392
League of Legends
• Lourlo1429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
56m
INu's Battles
2h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
Replay Cast
13h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.