• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:18
CEST 10:18
KST 17:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9934 users

[NASL] Players (final) - Page 77

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
4302 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 216 Next
Players such as Jinro, HuK, and Adelscott did not apply for this tour, so don't ask why they aren't on this list. DIMAGA, Kas, and LaLush turned applications in late so they will not appear either. Please take some time to learn who exactly applied.

Please inform yourself about who applied and who didn't.
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
March 26 2011 20:18 GMT
#1521
Just like the Koreans are currently dominating TSL? Give me a break.


The point is everyone THOUGHT they were going to. Just because they aren't doesn't mean people didn't think they were going to going into the tournament.
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 20:22:00
March 26 2011 20:20 GMT
#1522
We aren't claiming that Koreans are dominating!!

It's that the NASL preemptively believed that Koreans WOULD dominate and therefore didn't allow them to play in the tournament.

That's just wrong on so many levels... If you can't understand that, then you don't value watching a world class tournament like the TSL or the GSL over the joke that the NASL may quickly become.
"En taro adun, Executor."
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 20:22:03
March 26 2011 20:21 GMT
#1523
On March 27 2011 05:15 Inky87 wrote:
If anyone thinks that anyone on that list doesn't deserve to be in NASL, you don't know the players well if at all. Stop crying about nothing.



they do bring for epic games, and the feeling a non-korean wins is just awesome! I was standing up cheering for + Show Spoiler +
adelscott and qxc
to win tonight!!!!

Not something i can see myself doing for the games in the NASL. They asked in the application video's for rivalry's, well the best rivalry possible is the NA/EU vs Korea. I am not a korean fanboy, but i do like to see them in the league and that NA/EU players crush them!!! Now the league is really looking rather bleak, at first i thought they saved the best players for last, but now im starting to wonder if they started with inviting the best players and just going downhill from there.
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Duravi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1205 Posts
March 26 2011 20:22 GMT
#1524
Nobody is doubting that the top EU/NA players can compete with and beat the top Koreans. All people are saying is we want to see the top EU/NA AND Koreans compete in the league.
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
March 26 2011 20:23 GMT
#1525
On March 27 2011 05:22 Duravi wrote:
Nobody is doubting that the top EU/NA players can compete with and beat the top Koreans. All people are saying is we want to see the top EU/NA AND Koreans compete in the league.


Exactly, thank you!
"En taro adun, Executor."
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
March 26 2011 20:23 GMT
#1526
Just realised, the positive side of this is i at least know what premium services to get. At first i was thinking between MLG or NASL, but NASL is helping me make the decision at least.
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Inky87
Profile Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
March 26 2011 20:24 GMT
#1527
On March 27 2011 05:18 Fyzar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 05:15 Inky87 wrote:
If anyone thinks that anyone on that list doesn't deserve to be in NASL, you don't know the players well if at all. Stop crying about nothing.

Isn't that the problem? I don't know who Stalife is at all, never heard of the guy, that's bad?
I don't put someone that I've never heard of in the top 50 in the world, or in the top 50 of foreigners.
If they really do move away from inviting a lot of Koreans, they still haven't invited the best of NA/EU representatives. (In my opinion, I might have been living under a rock)


Stalife is really solid and capable of competing with the best from what I've seen from his stream a few times. When this thing starts, I have no doubt we'll see the true skill of each player considering how the brackets play out where everyone plays everyone in their group. You'll probably become a new fan of someone you don't know much about ^_^
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
March 26 2011 20:24 GMT
#1528
On March 27 2011 05:18 nvs. wrote:
Show nested quote +
Just like the Koreans are currently dominating TSL? Give me a break.


The point is everyone THOUGHT they were going to. Just because they aren't doesn't mean people didn't think they were going to going into the tournament.

But they aren't dominating. So stop whining. You are stirring shit up just for the sake of doing it. People are being shown that the gap is pretty tight between the two scenes. Plus everyone is saying "lag is such an issue". If it is, then they dont belong in the NASL. If people are going to consistently make excuses for koreans losing, then maybe we should eliminate that opportunity and just not invite them to events outside korea.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
March 26 2011 20:26 GMT
#1529
Getting nervous for Goody....

The list updated once more.
Inky87
Profile Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
March 26 2011 20:26 GMT
#1530
On March 27 2011 05:20 Chriscras wrote:
We aren't claiming that Koreans are dominating!!

It's that the NASL preemptively believed that Koreans WOULD dominate and therefore didn't allow them to play in the tournament.

That's just wrong on so many levels... If you can't understand that, then you don't value watching a world class tournament like the TSL or the GSL over the joke that the NASL may quickly become.


You're assuming a lot here.
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 20:30:00
March 26 2011 20:28 GMT
#1531
On March 27 2011 05:23 Mithriel wrote:
Just realised, the positive side of this is i at least know what premium services to get. At first i was thinking between MLG or NASL, but NASL is helping me make the decision at least.

Yup, same here.

The MLG lineup just can't compare.
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
March 26 2011 20:30 GMT
#1532
On March 27 2011 05:18 Fyzar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 05:15 Inky87 wrote:
If anyone thinks that anyone on that list doesn't deserve to be in NASL, you don't know the players well if at all. Stop crying about nothing.

Isn't that the problem? I don't know who Stalife is at all, never heard of the guy, that's bad?
I don't put someone that I've never heard of in the top 50 in the world, or in the top 50 of foreigners.
If they really do move away from inviting a lot of Koreans, they still haven't invited the best of NA/EU representatives. (In my opinion, I might have been living under a rock)

I just wanted to critisize your post, as I have done several times with people that critisize the NASL invites. I usually do that because it is higly subjective who you regard as the best players.

But before doing that I looked at the NASL page.
Moman, Vibe, Stalife. Wat?

I think there is no way one could argue that these 3 players are among the top 50, even when just looking at foreigners. No matter how subjective these things are.
I am honestly confused now and just dont know what to say.
Off-season = best season
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
March 26 2011 20:31 GMT
#1533
On March 27 2011 05:24 Inky87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 05:18 Fyzar wrote:
On March 27 2011 05:15 Inky87 wrote:
If anyone thinks that anyone on that list doesn't deserve to be in NASL, you don't know the players well if at all. Stop crying about nothing.

Isn't that the problem? I don't know who Stalife is at all, never heard of the guy, that's bad?
I don't put someone that I've never heard of in the top 50 in the world, or in the top 50 of foreigners.
If they really do move away from inviting a lot of Koreans, they still haven't invited the best of NA/EU representatives. (In my opinion, I might have been living under a rock)


Stalife is really solid and capable of competing with the best from what I've seen from his stream a few times. When this thing starts, I have no doubt we'll see the true skill of each player considering how the brackets play out where everyone plays everyone in their group. You'll probably become a new fan of someone you don't know much about ^_^

Becoming a new fan is cool, but I still don't think he should be in, at the moment I'd not consider him top 50 in the world, if he can qualify and then impress, yes I might've been wrong.
Also, stream = ladder right? Probably not really capable of judging his tournament play from that.
I don't want to bash on these guys, but I don't know about their accomplishments, and I don't want half of the tournament to be one-sided stomping.
It appears I have been chosen.
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
March 26 2011 20:32 GMT
#1534
On March 27 2011 05:30 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 05:18 Fyzar wrote:
On March 27 2011 05:15 Inky87 wrote:
If anyone thinks that anyone on that list doesn't deserve to be in NASL, you don't know the players well if at all. Stop crying about nothing.

Isn't that the problem? I don't know who Stalife is at all, never heard of the guy, that's bad?
I don't put someone that I've never heard of in the top 50 in the world, or in the top 50 of foreigners.
If they really do move away from inviting a lot of Koreans, they still haven't invited the best of NA/EU representatives. (In my opinion, I might have been living under a rock)

I just wanted to critisize your post, as I have done several times with people that critisize the NASL invites. I usually do that because it is higly subjective who you regard as the best players.

But before doing that I looked at the NASL page.
Moman, Vibe, Stalife. Wat?

I think there is no way one could argue that these 3 players are among the top 50, even when just looking at foreigners. No matter how subjective these things are.
I am honestly confused now and just dont know what to say.

Yeah indeed, I'm no whiner usually, but it really just confuses me. The 5-by-5 thing also isn't working for me, but that's my opinion there.
It appears I have been chosen.
Jungosi
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany186 Posts
March 26 2011 20:33 GMT
#1535
On March 27 2011 05:26 Bobster wrote:
Getting nervous for Goody....

The list updated once more.


I share your worries about Goody making the cut. If the next 15 players are like really, really exceptional (read Koreans) I'd be fine with Goody not making it but with the current line-up not so much.
jlm24
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5 Posts
March 26 2011 20:34 GMT
#1536
On March 27 2011 05:24 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 05:18 nvs. wrote:
Just like the Koreans are currently dominating TSL? Give me a break.


The point is everyone THOUGHT they were going to. Just because they aren't doesn't mean people didn't think they were going to going into the tournament.

But they aren't dominating. So stop whining. You are stirring shit up just for the sake of doing it. People are being shown that the gap is pretty tight between the two scenes. Plus everyone is saying "lag is such an issue". If it is, then they dont belong in the NASL. If people are going to consistently make excuses for koreans losing, then maybe we should eliminate that opportunity and just not invite them to events outside korea.


^
Smartest thing said in this whole thread
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 20:45:13
March 26 2011 20:44 GMT
#1537
On March 27 2011 05:24 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 05:18 nvs. wrote:
Just like the Koreans are currently dominating TSL? Give me a break.


The point is everyone THOUGHT they were going to. Just because they aren't doesn't mean people didn't think they were going to going into the tournament.

But they aren't dominating. So stop whining. You are stirring shit up just for the sake of doing it. People are being shown that the gap is pretty tight between the two scenes. Plus everyone is saying "lag is such an issue". If it is, then they dont belong in the NASL. If people are going to consistently make excuses for koreans losing, then maybe we should eliminate that opportunity and just not invite them to events outside korea.


Just to set things straight, everyone who is arguing Koreans shouldn't be invited to tournaments is also arguing that they don't want to see Koreans get stomped by NA, EU players.
"En taro adun, Executor."
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
March 26 2011 20:45 GMT
#1538
On March 27 2011 05:34 jlm24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 05:24 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
On March 27 2011 05:18 nvs. wrote:
Just like the Koreans are currently dominating TSL? Give me a break.


The point is everyone THOUGHT they were going to. Just because they aren't doesn't mean people didn't think they were going to going into the tournament.

But they aren't dominating. So stop whining. You are stirring shit up just for the sake of doing it. People are being shown that the gap is pretty tight between the two scenes. Plus everyone is saying "lag is such an issue". If it is, then they dont belong in the NASL. If people are going to consistently make excuses for koreans losing, then maybe we should eliminate that opportunity and just not invite them to events outside korea.


^
Smartest thing said in this whole thread


It's a shame tho. I'd love to have at least some Koreans in the NASL. But if everyone is just going to complain about lag everytime a Korean loses like the TSL, I'm not sure it'll be good for the tournament.
Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
March 26 2011 20:46 GMT
#1539
On March 26 2011 10:29 Alkior wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 10:08 The Final Boss wrote:
Until I see ThorZain, GoOdy, or Jinro on that list I shall be disappointed.


I dont think jinro is participating due to gsl.


Yeah I realized that after I wrote it. Still GoOdy would be way more interesting to watch then like Brat_ok who might get a factory, but only if he plans on getting Medivacs or wants more bio upgrades.

Not to hate on Brat_ok because he's great, it's just that as a Terran player mass bio gets boring to watch over and over.
VeryAverage
Profile Joined January 2011
United States424 Posts
March 26 2011 20:48 GMT
#1540
Has day[9] confirmed that he has no interest in playing in any tournaments or has he not commented on the situation?

Because I want nothing more than Artosis vs Day[9] (I think Artosis feels the same)
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 216 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1667
Hyuk 304
Shinee 87
Hyun 73
Killer 56
Snow 52
ggaemo 48
Hm[arnc] 43
Bale 29
sorry 28
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 26
JYJ 14
Bonyth 0
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8704
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream195
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Lourlo1503
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 42m
INu's Battles
3h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
Replay Cast
14h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.