• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:34
CEST 07:34
KST 14:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7500 users

Intel Extreme Masters Qualification Cups - Page 49

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 65 Next
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
August 16 2010 08:48 GMT
#961
now do i have to play bubba? cuz hes offline and i leave for germany tomorrow
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
August 16 2010 08:48 GMT
#962
Pretty dumb that the point they lifted was for BM, but they kept his 2 point penalty for not allowing a laggy caster in their game.

If you want to cast games, make sure you dont make their experience horrible.
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 08:49:47
August 16 2010 08:49 GMT
#963
Pretty sure iCCupTV will be casting it again. (The next rounds, or next tournament, or w/e) (Either iCCupTV or iCCupTV #2). But I've been rather inactive these past few days with the real world, so don't take my word as official or anything.
Life is Good.
robertdinh
Profile Joined June 2010
803 Posts
August 16 2010 08:49 GMT
#964
This is one area sc2 will have to evolve in if it wants to even begin to compare to bw pro scene. You have a lot of kiddies running around and the lack of professionalism is disgusting.

Idra behaved poorly, he was ignoring a tourney admin and throwing his weight around basically saying he was too big in the sc2 scene for anything to happen to him. Players need to know that they need to play by the rules, and there should never be favoritism.
True skill comes without effort.
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
August 16 2010 08:49 GMT
#965
BigT is claiming that what he said about "directly handing down points" is a joke so I guess discount it!
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
August 16 2010 08:50 GMT
#966
On August 16 2010 17:49 aers wrote:
BigT is claiming that what he said about "directly handing down points" is a joke so I guess discount it!


Everything he says that puts himself in hot water is a joke. He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
Life is Good.
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
August 16 2010 08:51 GMT
#967
On August 16 2010 17:39 Tachyon wrote:
G2Wolff (G2Wolff@G2Wolf.users.quakenet.org) has joined #teamliquid
<G2Wolff> 1 PP removed, 3!=4 so ban has been removed, I'm going back to bed
G2Wolff (G2Wolff@G2Wolf.users.quakenet.org) has left #teamliquid


Too bad they kept that 3rd PP that IdrA shouldn't have.
Boonesbane
Profile Joined May 2010
United States170 Posts
August 16 2010 08:52 GMT
#968
On August 16 2010 17:45 aers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2010 17:42 Boonesbane wrote:
Does anyone have a screenshot of the irc?


If you mean #teamliquid, it would be a very, very large screenshot at this point.

I just meant a shot of wolf saying he lifted the points, but the fact that he said that in the irc has now been confirmed by several people, so that's some good news. I guess I rescind my boycott of ESL games now that idrA's been unbanned, heres hoping for many entertaining ESL games to come (and many idrA victories, IDRA FIGHTINGGG)
" good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers. " - Grack "idrA" Fields
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51696 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 08:55:36
August 16 2010 08:52 GMT
#969
On August 16 2010 17:51 Kantutan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2010 17:39 Tachyon wrote:
G2Wolff (G2Wolff@G2Wolf.users.quakenet.org) has joined #teamliquid
1 PP removed, 3!=4 so ban has been removed, I'm going back to bed
G2Wolff (G2Wolff@G2Wolf.users.quakenet.org) has left #teamliquid


Too bad they kept that 3rd PP that IdrA shouldn't have.


the 1 point reduction is nothing but a pr band-aid to the shitstorm they caused.
Commentator
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 09:00:44
August 16 2010 08:56 GMT
#970
On August 16 2010 17:21 aers wrote:
Honestly.

[ 12:28:45 ] [ BigT ] i have
[ 12:28:51 ] [ BigT ] official news as to the banning of idra!
[ 12:29:16 ] [ BigT ] he received 2 points for not allowing me to cast and the other 2 points for the BM afterwards... all of which were handed down directly from me :D


Another caster who thinks he's more important than the players.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
Thurokiir
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
August 16 2010 08:56 GMT
#971
w/e ad-hominem comments aside. IDRA FIGHTING gl dude, hopefully you get to sort out how to play the games with your tourny schedule.
Tahts halo dont worry
Wedge
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada580 Posts
August 16 2010 08:58 GMT
#972
Today was a good day.

Love reading interesting stuff like this.
Kishkumen
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States650 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 09:06:11
August 16 2010 08:59 GMT
#973
I watched some of the games from last Sunday, but I couldn't watch any of the games this Sunday because I'm on vacation. I wasn't very impressed with the casting last Sunday, so it's no surprise that it seems to have been terrible today as well. The unprofessionalism in the cast really annoyed me, especially the IdrA bashing. Regardless of whether you like IdrA or not, you should leave your personal opinions at the door while casting a major tournament.

Of course, after this whole debacle, I can definitely say I won't be watching any more ESL events. The unprofessionalism throughout the whole thing just seems to have spoiled any possibility of it being a tournament I'd enjoy watching. I was mostly watching it for IdrA, but now that he was screwed over by the admins, I have really no more reason to watch it.

Day[9] said that IdrA was very well mannered during the KotB tournament. I would suspect that if you treat him with respect that you'll run into a lot less bm. I'd be frustrated too if I were in a tournament being run this unprofessionally. This tournament is a disgrace, plain and simple.

Edit: Wait, so now he's unbanned? I might reconsider this in the morning, depending on how it all sorts out. Still not very impressed with the overall professionalism, but I might watch IdrA's games to watch him destroy everyone out of pure spite. That is, if he still plays those games.
Weird, last time I checked the UN said you need to have at least 200 APM and be rainbow league to be called human. —Liquid`TLO
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 09:08:31
August 16 2010 09:02 GMT
#974
And now the drama is coming to a delicious, satisfying end.

Except for one thing. This is actually more incriminating then ANYTHING Idra has done or said. BigT seems pretty satisfied with himself for orchestrating this entire thing if things are actually as they seem in this chat log. Can Beef confirm that there wasn't even a mention of Idra saying he didn't want to be casted due to lag? BigT should be banned from casting the remainder of the ESL Nationals if this is the case. There are better casters out there anyway.

The ICCUP folks first off KNOW what they're talking about, and they'd never let any unprofessional, stupid bullshit like this happen. I can't really picture Raelcun smugly announcing that "he received 2 points for not allowing me to cast and the other 2 points for the BM afterwards....all of which were handed down directly from me :D"

On August 16 2010 17:21 aers wrote:
Honestly.

[ 12:28:45 ] [ BigT ] i have
[ 12:28:51 ] [ BigT ] official news as to the banning of idra!
[ 12:29:16 ] [ BigT ] he received 2 points for not allowing me to cast and the other 2 points for the BM afterwards... all of which were handed down directly from me :D

[ 12:40:43 ] [ @aers ] bigt
[ 12:40:49 ] [ @aers ] you went to the admins
[ 12:40:50 ] [ @aers ] and whined
[ 12:40:55 ] [ @aers ] that idra whouldnt let you cast his game
[ 12:40:57 ] [ @aers ] because of lag
[ 12:41:00 ] [ @aers ] and you dont see
[ 12:41:05 ] [ @aers ] why people are a bit upset with your attitude?
[ 12:41:06 ] [ @aers ] at all?
[ 12:41:18 ] [ BigT ] hmm...
[ 12:41:44 ] [ BigT ] i mean, i whined for a little bit because they said i was casting it
[ 12:41:49 ] [ BigT ] but then i moved on to other games lol
[ 12:42:14 ] [ BigT ] well depends what u describe as whining
[ 12:42:20 ] [ BigT ] "wtf beef, i thought i was casting idra?"
[ 12:42:22 ] [ BigT ] lol
[ 12:42:27 ] [ BigT ] "am i casting or not?"
[ 12:42:31 ] [ @aers ] so
[ 12:42:31 ] [ BigT ] "i want to go cast other games"
[ 12:42:34 ] [ @aers ] idra tells you
[ 12:42:38 ] [ @aers ] "i dont want you casting because of lag"
[ 12:42:40 ] [ @aers ] and you tell the admin
[ 12:42:42 ] [ @aers ] "wtf am i casting idra"
[ 12:42:45 ] [ @aers ] ?
[ 12:42:47 ] [ @aers ] instead of
[ 12:42:48 ] [ BigT ] i have no comment on the admins xD
[ 12:42:51 ] [ @aers ] "idra doesnt want me to cast due to lag"
[ 12:42:56 ] [ BigT ] they are just trying to do whats right

When those 2 "refusal to have a caster" points were given out did the admins even know what was going on at all?

The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
robertdinh
Profile Joined June 2010
803 Posts
August 16 2010 09:04 GMT
#975
On August 16 2010 17:59 Kishkumen wrote:
I watched some of the games from last Sunday, but I couldn't watch any of the games this Sunday because I'm on vacation. I wasn't very impressed with the casting last Sunday, so it's no surprise that it seems to have been terrible today as well. The unprofessionalism in the cast really annoyed me, especially the IdrA bashing. Regardless of whether you like IdrA or not, you should leave your personal opinions at the door while casting a major tournament.

Of course, after this whole debacle, I can definitely say I won't be watching any more ESL events. The unprofessionalism throughout the whole thing just seems to have spoiled any possibility of it being a tournament I'd enjoy watching. I was mostly watching it for IdrA, but now that he was screwed over by the admins, I have really no more reason to watch it.

Day[9] said that IdrA was very well mannered during the KotB tournament. I would suspect that if you treat him with respect that you'll run into a lot less bm. I'd be frustrated too if I were in a tournament being run this unprofessionally. This tournament is a disgrace, plain and simple.


That's not how it works man... first and foremost when you are playing in some sorta league you gotta respect the admins. Everyone knows idra is pretty arrogant, so the level of respect he demands for himself is ridiculous, especially with how he behaves.

He needs to understand that admins > him, not him > admins.
True skill comes without effort.
SteakhouseXT
Profile Joined August 2010
United States32 Posts
August 16 2010 09:05 GMT
#976
On August 16 2010 17:48 IdrA wrote:
now do i have to play bubba? cuz hes offline and i leave for germany tomorrow

you know, I'm a big fan of yours, would have loved to play with you at a PC cafe or something, I used to live on itaewon by the yongsan garrison(army base) in Seoul a few months ago. Of course, it would've been awkward sayin hey brosef, let me stalk you
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
August 16 2010 09:11 GMT
#977
On August 16 2010 18:04 robertdinh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2010 17:59 Kishkumen wrote:
I watched some of the games from last Sunday, but I couldn't watch any of the games this Sunday because I'm on vacation. I wasn't very impressed with the casting last Sunday, so it's no surprise that it seems to have been terrible today as well. The unprofessionalism in the cast really annoyed me, especially the IdrA bashing. Regardless of whether you like IdrA or not, you should leave your personal opinions at the door while casting a major tournament.

Of course, after this whole debacle, I can definitely say I won't be watching any more ESL events. The unprofessionalism throughout the whole thing just seems to have spoiled any possibility of it being a tournament I'd enjoy watching. I was mostly watching it for IdrA, but now that he was screwed over by the admins, I have really no more reason to watch it.

Day[9] said that IdrA was very well mannered during the KotB tournament. I would suspect that if you treat him with respect that you'll run into a lot less bm. I'd be frustrated too if I were in a tournament being run this unprofessionally. This tournament is a disgrace, plain and simple.


That's not how it works man... first and foremost when you are playing in some sorta league you gotta respect the admins. Everyone knows idra is pretty arrogant, so the level of respect he demands for himself is ridiculous, especially with how he behaves.

He needs to understand that admins > him, not him > admins.


His BM came AFTER he was banned, not before. It was completely justified. Seriously, I think reading all the comments before posting should be a requirement now. Everyone seems to just read one post then decide to comment, when the past 10 pages explain what actually happened.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
August 16 2010 09:12 GMT
#978
On August 16 2010 18:04 robertdinh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2010 17:59 Kishkumen wrote:
I watched some of the games from last Sunday, but I couldn't watch any of the games this Sunday because I'm on vacation. I wasn't very impressed with the casting last Sunday, so it's no surprise that it seems to have been terrible today as well. The unprofessionalism in the cast really annoyed me, especially the IdrA bashing. Regardless of whether you like IdrA or not, you should leave your personal opinions at the door while casting a major tournament.

Of course, after this whole debacle, I can definitely say I won't be watching any more ESL events. The unprofessionalism throughout the whole thing just seems to have spoiled any possibility of it being a tournament I'd enjoy watching. I was mostly watching it for IdrA, but now that he was screwed over by the admins, I have really no more reason to watch it.

Day[9] said that IdrA was very well mannered during the KotB tournament. I would suspect that if you treat him with respect that you'll run into a lot less bm. I'd be frustrated too if I were in a tournament being run this unprofessionally. This tournament is a disgrace, plain and simple.


That's not how it works man... first and foremost when you are playing in some sorta league you gotta respect the admins. Everyone knows idra is pretty arrogant, so the level of respect he demands for himself is ridiculous, especially with how he behaves.

He needs to understand that admins > him, not him > admins.

I agree that he needs to respect the admins, but the admins also need to respect all of their players (even players with idras reputation). They also need to communicate (this is one of the things that is hard about tournament organization, its a ton of communication) with the players. Tell them things, give them warnings, let them know everything that is going on.
Rainmaker5
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1027 Posts
August 16 2010 09:14 GMT
#979
On August 16 2010 18:04 robertdinh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2010 17:59 Kishkumen wrote:
I watched some of the games from last Sunday, but I couldn't watch any of the games this Sunday because I'm on vacation. I wasn't very impressed with the casting last Sunday, so it's no surprise that it seems to have been terrible today as well. The unprofessionalism in the cast really annoyed me, especially the IdrA bashing. Regardless of whether you like IdrA or not, you should leave your personal opinions at the door while casting a major tournament.

Of course, after this whole debacle, I can definitely say I won't be watching any more ESL events. The unprofessionalism throughout the whole thing just seems to have spoiled any possibility of it being a tournament I'd enjoy watching. I was mostly watching it for IdrA, but now that he was screwed over by the admins, I have really no more reason to watch it.

Day[9] said that IdrA was very well mannered during the KotB tournament. I would suspect that if you treat him with respect that you'll run into a lot less bm. I'd be frustrated too if I were in a tournament being run this unprofessionally. This tournament is a disgrace, plain and simple.


That's not how it works man... first and foremost when you are playing in some sorta league you gotta respect the admins. Everyone knows idra is pretty arrogant, so the level of respect he demands for himself is ridiculous, especially with how he behaves.

He needs to understand that admins > him, not him > admins.

If the admins are useless they get spoken to like useless people get spoken to imo. IdrA is behaving like anyone else would after they got shafted in a tourney. We just like listening to IdrA's rage more than other people.
(-_(-_(-_(^_(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-) CJ Fighting! "Beer -> soju -> whisky is a terrible build"~~ Scrarecrow.
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
August 16 2010 09:18 GMT
#980
Well I'm glad that Idra's ban was lifted. A little disappointed there was no explanation but I'm curious to see what will happen now since Idra has to leave for Germany.
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 65 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 465
Hyuk 458
Leta 115
Icarus 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Other Games
summit1g9953
WinterStarcraft413
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick927
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2259
League of Legends
• Rush1369
• Lourlo1060
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 26m
INu's Battles
6h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 26m
Replay Cast
17h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.