• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8975 users

[D] PvZ Beating Stephano Style Roaches - Page 64

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 78 Next
Please have some semblance of an idea of what you're talking about.
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
April 25 2012 00:14 GMT
#1261
Oh and another question about 3rd nexus builds.

I watched, even took note of lots of numbers, different 7:30-9 min 3rd builds. Some use hallucination and almost pure blink (Ranged), others just stay with obs and get faster immortal, with more zealot/sentry (Titan / Axslav).

What do you think guys is better? I just don't see clearly the better choice, both can handle the roach push with good micro, but my main doubt is about the obs/hallu convenience.
Chicken gank op
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 25 2012 00:21 GMT
#1262
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.
Moderator
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 02:14:52
April 25 2012 02:14 GMT
#1263
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 25 2012 11:47 GMT
#1264
On April 25 2012 11:14 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.

I'm not ruling templar out but I can't really support it when in both my own experience and in televised games, they haven't proven themselves. One thing is that I can name about 10 games off the top of my head of toss macro style vs fast broods and every time protoss went for colossi. All 5 games of sheth's red bull challenge vs naniwa, jyp, parting, hasuobs, sase, a few of ret's games versus the same opponents. Lucky vs Brown on daybreak, yugioh vs vampire on daybreak, ret vs genius on daybreak from dreamhack.
Moderator
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
April 25 2012 11:47 GMT
#1265
What to do if Z doesn't do roach aggression if you have your third really depends on the map I think. Specifically how big the map is and if it's easy for them to set up a central spine wall or not. For example on a map like shakuras they can delay with mass spines too easily and a three base colossus push is likely to fail, just going 1 robo colossi and quick mothership is the way to go then. On maps like cloud kingdom i'd always go for the 3 base push though, but I don't think you need double robo for it really. Just 2 colossi off 1 robo will do I think as long as you start attacking around 160-170 pop. If they rush broods too quickly they rarely have the infestor count or ling upgrades to deal with blink stalkers so you should be fine then.
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
April 25 2012 14:08 GMT
#1266
On April 25 2012 20:47 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 11:14 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.

I'm not ruling templar out but I can't really support it when in both my own experience and in televised games, they haven't proven themselves. One thing is that I can name about 10 games off the top of my head of toss macro style vs fast broods and every time protoss went for colossi. All 5 games of sheth's red bull challenge vs naniwa, jyp, parting, hasuobs, sase, a few of ret's games versus the same opponents. Lucky vs Brown on daybreak, yugioh vs vampire on daybreak, ret vs genius on daybreak from dreamhack.


Just want to note that what's popular right now may not prove to be anywhere close to optimal. There was a time that 2 gate robo -> expand was considered the best opening against Terran and 3 gate sentry -> expand was considered the best
opening against Zerg.

And before you say, "Sure, but the game was so new!" consider how long those builds remained popular and how new this fast-third-nexus vs fast-third-hatch corner of the metagame is. It's likely that nobody is doing anything that's anywhere close to optimal and we simply don't know any better yet.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 25 2012 14:10 GMT
#1267
On April 25 2012 23:08 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 20:47 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 11:14 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.

I'm not ruling templar out but I can't really support it when in both my own experience and in televised games, they haven't proven themselves. One thing is that I can name about 10 games off the top of my head of toss macro style vs fast broods and every time protoss went for colossi. All 5 games of sheth's red bull challenge vs naniwa, jyp, parting, hasuobs, sase, a few of ret's games versus the same opponents. Lucky vs Brown on daybreak, yugioh vs vampire on daybreak, ret vs genius on daybreak from dreamhack.


Just want to note that what's popular right now may not prove to be anywhere close to optimal. There was a time that 2 gate robo -> expand was considered the best opening against Terran and 3 gate sentry -> expand was considered the best
opening against Zerg.

And before you say, "Sure, but the game was so new!" consider how long those builds remained popular and how new this fast-third-nexus vs fast-third-hatch corner of the metagame is. It's likely that nobody is doing anything that's anywhere close to optimal and we simply don't know any better yet.

Sure, but I can't in good faith suggest it.
Moderator
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 14:48:06
April 25 2012 14:47 GMT
#1268
On April 25 2012 23:10 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 23:08 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 20:47 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 11:14 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.

I'm not ruling templar out but I can't really support it when in both my own experience and in televised games, they haven't proven themselves. One thing is that I can name about 10 games off the top of my head of toss macro style vs fast broods and every time protoss went for colossi. All 5 games of sheth's red bull challenge vs naniwa, jyp, parting, hasuobs, sase, a few of ret's games versus the same opponents. Lucky vs Brown on daybreak, yugioh vs vampire on daybreak, ret vs genius on daybreak from dreamhack.


Just want to note that what's popular right now may not prove to be anywhere close to optimal. There was a time that 2 gate robo -> expand was considered the best opening against Terran and 3 gate sentry -> expand was considered the best
opening against Zerg.

And before you say, "Sure, but the game was so new!" consider how long those builds remained popular and how new this fast-third-nexus vs fast-third-hatch corner of the metagame is. It's likely that nobody is doing anything that's anywhere close to optimal and we simply don't know any better yet.

Sure, but I can't in good faith suggest it.


Alright, and I wouldn't suggest going double robo colossi in a situation where you know that the meat of Zerg's army will be in the air (untargetable by colossi) and the support component can be instantly killed/neutralized by feedback.

At the point where you're making this decision, you already have a good roach-killing force, so you need to adjust your army to beat infestors, broodlords and broodlings. Templar/archon tech is clearly better than colossus tech against infestors and broodlords, and archons (with some zealot support) are just as good vs broodlings as colossi. It seems like a no-brainer to skip colossi unless there's a bridge timing on your way to your lategame comp that you just can't cross without colossi.

There might be such a bridge timing, but I'd explore the more efficient path before I scaled back and resigned myself to playing more conservatively.
Yuffie
Profile Joined June 2010
132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 14:55:27
April 25 2012 14:54 GMT
#1269
hey ignorant kcdc, I just wanted to mention once again how http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gate_Nexus_YufFE
hardcounters Stephano. But guess you will still not believe me , even with my 90% win ratio against current metagame zergs. GL wasting ur time with other builds, since u always ignore my tips.
Check my EU match history if you don't believe me ... Yuffie 573

cheers


User was temp banned for this post.
eery1
Profile Joined June 2010
52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 15:07:43
April 25 2012 15:06 GMT
#1270
On April 25 2012 23:54 Yuffie wrote:
hey ignorant kcdc, I just wanted to mention once again how http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gate_Nexus_YufFE
hardcounters Stephano. But guess you will still not believe me , even with my 90% win ratio against current metagame zergs. GL wasting ur time with other builds, since u always ignore my tips.
Check my EU match history if you don't believe me ... Yuffie 573

cheers


Hi Yuffie!

So after doing a gate first opening, what are your transitions? Is it just faster pressure or do you early expo (like the 10 min expo they're saying here) or build robo/SG? Another question: does this build just give you wins because the enemies automatically go for a fast third as if they are going against FFE's/is it able to counter stephano roaches because they scout the gate and go for speedling openers instead or something?

Thanksthanks :D Hate letting zergs get away with fast thirds and stuff so I go gate openers too
(albeit, at a much lower level )
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 25 2012 15:09 GMT
#1271
On April 25 2012 23:47 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 23:10 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 23:08 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 20:47 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 11:14 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.

I'm not ruling templar out but I can't really support it when in both my own experience and in televised games, they haven't proven themselves. One thing is that I can name about 10 games off the top of my head of toss macro style vs fast broods and every time protoss went for colossi. All 5 games of sheth's red bull challenge vs naniwa, jyp, parting, hasuobs, sase, a few of ret's games versus the same opponents. Lucky vs Brown on daybreak, yugioh vs vampire on daybreak, ret vs genius on daybreak from dreamhack.


Just want to note that what's popular right now may not prove to be anywhere close to optimal. There was a time that 2 gate robo -> expand was considered the best opening against Terran and 3 gate sentry -> expand was considered the best
opening against Zerg.

And before you say, "Sure, but the game was so new!" consider how long those builds remained popular and how new this fast-third-nexus vs fast-third-hatch corner of the metagame is. It's likely that nobody is doing anything that's anywhere close to optimal and we simply don't know any better yet.

Sure, but I can't in good faith suggest it.


Alright, and I wouldn't suggest going double robo colossi in a situation where you know that the meat of Zerg's army will be in the air (untargetable by colossi) and the support component can be instantly killed/neutralized by feedback.

At the point where you're making this decision, you already have a good roach-killing force, so you need to adjust your army to beat infestors, broodlords and broodlings. Templar/archon tech is clearly better than colossus tech against infestors and broodlords, and archons (with some zealot support) are just as good vs broodlings as colossi. It seems like a no-brainer to skip colossi unless there's a bridge timing on your way to your lategame comp that you just can't cross without colossi.

There might be such a bridge timing, but I'd explore the more efficient path before I scaled back and resigned myself to playing more conservatively.

Imo colossi are a lot better than archons at dealing with broodlings. I find skipping colossi and going straight for carriers leaves you weak to broodlord attacks until you get 4-6 carriers. Also, keep in mind that I'm one of the biggest supporters of carriers. Btw wanna play my z? My finger's about healed up.
On April 25 2012 23:54 Yuffie wrote:
hey ignorant kcdc, I just wanted to mention once again how http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gate_Nexus_YufFE
hardcounters Stephano. But guess you will still not believe me , even with my 90% win ratio against current metagame zergs. GL wasting ur time with other builds, since u always ignore my tips.
Check my EU match history if you don't believe me ... Yuffie 573

cheers

Don't be a fucking dick.
Moderator
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
April 25 2012 15:10 GMT
#1272
On April 25 2012 23:54 Yuffie wrote:
hey ignorant kcdc, I just wanted to mention once again how http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gate_Nexus_YufFE
hardcounters Stephano. But guess you will still not believe me , even with my 90% win ratio against current metagame zergs. GL wasting ur time with other builds, since u always ignore my tips.
Check my EU match history if you don't believe me ... Yuffie 573

cheers

Holy crap that page is biased. I'm going to see with the staff but you better provide replays with better players than you.

Also, may I suggest to look into Adel FE into 5G. It's a very specific style but it seems to be quite efficient. Better players might wanna look into that.
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
April 25 2012 15:35 GMT
#1273
Ive seen this build, which seems like it gives you both the pressure and the economy PvZ Adonminus Macro-Agressive Style
the writer says it holds vs early pools, but since i don't execute at a master level i can't attest to that, it also seems vulnerable to baneling allins, but again, the writer believes that they can be held. The idea behind it, of constant pressure allowing you to keep up economically, seems sound though, plus it seems relatively easy to transition anything you need after the blink stalker pressure.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 15:53:28
April 25 2012 15:39 GMT
#1274
On April 26 2012 00:09 NrGmonk wrote:
Imo colossi are a lot better than archons at dealing with broodlings. I find skipping colossi and going straight for carriers leaves you weak to broodlord attacks until you get 4-6 carriers. Also, keep in mind that I'm one of the biggest supporters of carriers. Btw wanna play my z? My finger's about healed up.


Would love to play, but I'm on a self-imposed ban from SC2, at least until the expansion comes out. I'm still checking in on the community, but I have a pretty demanding job and I'm trying to start up a business at the same time, and SC2 was taking too much time. I could just play a couple hours a week, but it's not that fun to play when you know you suck and don't intend to do anything about it.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 25 2012 15:41 GMT
#1275
On April 26 2012 00:39 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 00:09 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 23:47 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 23:10 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 23:08 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 20:47 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 11:14 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
[quote]
If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.

I'm not ruling templar out but I can't really support it when in both my own experience and in televised games, they haven't proven themselves. One thing is that I can name about 10 games off the top of my head of toss macro style vs fast broods and every time protoss went for colossi. All 5 games of sheth's red bull challenge vs naniwa, jyp, parting, hasuobs, sase, a few of ret's games versus the same opponents. Lucky vs Brown on daybreak, yugioh vs vampire on daybreak, ret vs genius on daybreak from dreamhack.


Just want to note that what's popular right now may not prove to be anywhere close to optimal. There was a time that 2 gate robo -> expand was considered the best opening against Terran and 3 gate sentry -> expand was considered the best
opening against Zerg.

And before you say, "Sure, but the game was so new!" consider how long those builds remained popular and how new this fast-third-nexus vs fast-third-hatch corner of the metagame is. It's likely that nobody is doing anything that's anywhere close to optimal and we simply don't know any better yet.

Sure, but I can't in good faith suggest it.


Alright, and I wouldn't suggest going double robo colossi in a situation where you know that the meat of Zerg's army will be in the air (untargetable by colossi) and the support component can be instantly killed/neutralized by feedback.

At the point where you're making this decision, you already have a good roach-killing force, so you need to adjust your army to beat infestors, broodlords and broodlings. Templar/archon tech is clearly better than colossus tech against infestors and broodlords, and archons (with some zealot support) are just as good vs broodlings as colossi. It seems like a no-brainer to skip colossi unless there's a bridge timing on your way to your lategame comp that you just can't cross without colossi.

There might be such a bridge timing, but I'd explore the more efficient path before I scaled back and resigned myself to playing more conservatively.

Imo colossi are a lot better than archons at dealing with broodlings. I find skipping colossi and going straight for carriers leaves you weak to broodlord attacks until you get 4-6 carriers. Also, keep in mind that I'm one of the biggest supporters of carriers. Btw wanna play my z? My finger's about healed up.
On April 25 2012 23:54 Yuffie wrote:
hey ignorant kcdc, I just wanted to mention once again how http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gate_Nexus_YufFE
hardcounters Stephano. But guess you will still not believe me , even with my 90% win ratio against current metagame zergs. GL wasting ur time with other builds, since u always ignore my tips.
Check my EU match history if you don't believe me ... Yuffie 573

cheers

Don't be a fucking dick.


Would love to play, but I'm on a self-imposed ban from SC2, at least until the expansion comes out. I'm still checking in on the community, but I have a pretty demanding job and I'm trying to start up a business at the same time, and SC2 was taking too much time. I could just play a couple hours a week, but it's not that fun to play when you know you suck and don't intend to do anything about it.

=(
Moderator
DeaDoXFighting
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada115 Posts
April 25 2012 15:44 GMT
#1276
In my opinion, the best way to survive to the 12 minute mark 200/200 roach max is going FFE into a really standard build, only 1 stargate and do some harassment, try and kill queens so he misses injects while teching to a 2 base collosus (3 or 4 collosus is enough or go before he reaches corruptors tech) and push out with a good base gateway army and a couple collosi. Build your third and force the zerg to make more and more roaches with his larvae so he can't reach any tech in time your third is done and established. Infestor's isnt a big problem vs a good collosi count just force field well.
Go Liquid Hero !!!!!
Kyuki
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1867 Posts
April 25 2012 16:06 GMT
#1277
I know this might not be very contributive, but I have pretty decent results with 8-10 min thirds and 4-5gate robo immortal -> high templar and storm.
Storm is actually not that bad vs roaches, and it keeps you safe vs what I feel have been more prevelent for zergs these days when they see heavy immortals and a third -> a roach hydra push. Plus it allows for good defense vs any kind of muta switch.

I also like templar vs any kind of infestor play, and I think it allows you to take a quicker 4th and go towards Momaship and carriers fasters. The biggest problem I have with going colossi in general in the matchup is that it's quite vulnerable if you manage them bad, they require pretty big buildup period and they pretty much force a spire and corrupter that allows the zerg to transition into broods very nicely. I do however agree that they are very useful vs broodlings, but decent templar control and faster armor upgrades gives protoss an edge in I feel in the early stage of the bl/infestor lategame.

Just a few thoughts

Mada Mada Dane
Skyro
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1823 Posts
April 25 2012 16:18 GMT
#1278
So why aren't people going 1-gate 3rd nexus more? http://sc2casts.com/cast8243-Stephano-vs-WhiteRa-Best-of-3-IPL-4-Group-Stage

If you go 1-gate 1-gas into 3rd Nexus you can throw it down ~6 mins (while pressuring with some zealots), but ranged and some others seem to grab it after their 3rd or 4th gates and get it ~8 mins. At 6 mins the zerg can't really punish your 3rd unless they've already been massing a lot of units before you even throw down the nexus (the 3 hatch into baneling bust seems to be the most dangerous timing around this time), and in that case you can just cancel it and hole up in your natural and you basically just forced a bunch of units for the cost of some canceled buildings. If you open gate-nexus-core or can go gate before cannon out of a FFE and really chrono WG hard (5x) you can get warp gate done in time to defend any potential responses after the zerg spots your 3rd.
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
April 25 2012 16:36 GMT
#1279
On April 25 2012 11:14 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 09:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 09:00 kcdc wrote:
On April 25 2012 08:17 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 25 2012 07:39 Nostrada wrote:
I've experimented with 8min 3rd base this week on ladder vs few GM zergs. I've been able to hold the roach ling pressure, but in my last game FXOLoWeLy simple got really fast broodlords and crushed me.

He had 8 broodlords + swarm of lings @ 15min mark. +80 drones too. He had traded army well tho before that so maybe I could've slowed him down a bit if I wouldn't have lost sentries etc.

Is there an answer for greedy broodlord tech?

If your opponent scouts your fast 3rd, he can freely go only ling infestor into 15 minute broods. In my opinion, this forces you to play a macro game as you cannot reliably push him. You need colossi to fight ling/infestor/spine cost efficiently and by the time you push out with 2-3 colossi at his door, he already has broods morphing. He can even stop such a push with ling/infestor/spine/corruptor in some cases. For an example of this, check MC vs DRG on metropolis in their 2nd set from MLG spring arena.

One tip I could give you is to scout well and confirm he's going fast have as fast as possible. Then commit to colossi asap with at least 2 robos. One mistake people do when trying fast 3rd is staying on stalkers for too long. They're not used to how fast you can macro and they end up maxed with 2 colossi and the rest stalker/sentry, which isn't optimal at all.

After you get colossi, commit to either going for the very long term macro game with fast 4th/fast mothership or a push on a side expansion that isn't well defended with spines; this is only possible on some maps. See Genius vs Ret on Daybreak from Dreamhack for an example of this.


Your logic here is:

(1) Z is going fast infestor-broodlord
(2) I took fast third, so I can't punish fast infestor-broodlord

=> Therefore, get double robo colossus to deal with fast infestor-broodlord.

That conclusion seems a little fishy to me. Why wouldn't you pick a tech that's better against infestor-broodlord like archon-carrier-mothership? What do colossi accomplish against infestor-broodlord that archons (and a few templar) don't accomplish at least as well?

I guess that's ok but imo colossi are the better choice. I'm only a fan of templar/archon into mothership versus muta into broodlord, not infestor into broodlord. Colossi are initially better versus both infestor/ling and infestor/ling/broodlord. Colossi allow for some semblance of pressure, as it's impossible to push with gateway/templar into spines and infestors. They're also the more stable option versus infestor/ling/broodlord, as you can get easily caught in the transition to carriers that composition is way more unforgiving for both sides. Most importantly though, I've never seen a competent game where someone successfully went templar/archon into mothership versus fast broodlords.


IMO, the reason you don't see people get templar/archon tech before colossi is that it's vulnerable to roaches. But if you know Z is skipping the roach phase to go straight to late game, it's going to be a good choice. Colossi vs infestor-BL is about running around Z's immobile army, counter-attacking, and delaying. And it can work okay, but you get to the real power composition where you can take Z head on faster if you skip the colossi.

Not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're different styles.


you don't even make collossi vs this 200/200 roach business, it's just more immortals or more void rays.
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
RaNgeD
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States733 Posts
April 25 2012 16:46 GMT
#1280
On April 26 2012 01:18 Skyro wrote:
So why aren't people going 1-gate 3rd nexus more? http://sc2casts.com/cast8243-Stephano-vs-WhiteRa-Best-of-3-IPL-4-Group-Stage

If you go 1-gate 1-gas into 3rd Nexus you can throw it down ~6 mins (while pressuring with some zealots), but ranged and some others seem to grab it after their 3rd or 4th gates and get it ~8 mins. At 6 mins the zerg can't really punish your 3rd unless they've already been massing a lot of units before you even throw down the nexus (the 3 hatch into baneling bust seems to be the most dangerous timing around this time), and in that case you can just cancel it and hole up in your natural and you basically just forced a bunch of units for the cost of some canceled buildings. If you open gate-nexus-core or can go gate before cannon out of a FFE and really chrono WG hard (5x) you can get warp gate done in time to defend any potential responses after the zerg spots your 3rd.


I definitely like the idea of taking a 3rd at 6~ minutes or so and off of 1 gas and 1 gate. I don't have any experience with it at all, and while at first glance it does seem a bit risky to me, you've perked my curiousity and I'm gonna experiment with it a bit.
I'll play around with it and post my results here.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech116
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 378
Hyuk 290
Leta 123
Shinee 110
ZerO 90
actioN 77
soO 57
Mong 56
EffOrt 52
Zeus 50
[ Show more ]
Killer 45
Mind 44
ToSsGirL 34
sorry 30
Aegong 25
Bale 23
PianO 23
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 13
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Soma 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe102
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss465
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King239
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1682
Other Games
summit1g8026
gofns5147
olofmeister1325
singsing1059
ceh9583
Happy311
crisheroes290
ArmadaUGS110
Livibee100
ZerO(Twitch)6
DeMusliM1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream245
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH206
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Jankos1535
• Rush1317
• Stunt563
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
57m
OSC
3h 57m
Stellar Fest
3h 57m
OSC
14h 57m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.