• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:44
CEST 20:44
KST 03:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10377 users

[G] Positive Mindset: The Key to SC2 - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Far.771
Profile Joined January 2011
United States51 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 17:57:03
October 12 2011 17:56 GMT
#201
i heard tasteless say this on the GSL a long long time ago.

"in world of warcraft you level your account up. in starcraft you level yourself up."


leagues and divison are just your account that blizzard has prettied up for you to encourage you to play more for whatever reason. listen to tasteless though. forget about your account. it's meaningless. level yourself up and your account will follow suit.
Far#771 NA
Metora
Profile Joined March 2011
United States25 Posts
October 12 2011 18:07 GMT
#202
these are pretty much all things I do, aside from working out in between games, i go to the gym for that~flexes~. Honestly when I coach lower league players I tell them to not even worry about "imbalance" because in the grand scheme of things your personal QQ of the unit composition you were beat by is a very small minor thing to improving your play. I have also noticed if you play a smaller amount of games in a day you are much more prepared to play your A game for those few games that you do play, whereas if you grind a ton out in a day, you may become more susceptible to tilt and start to all in or cheese in situations where you shouldn't. Stay positive, and always NEVER EVER BM your opponent, accept your loss like a man and shut the fuck up and move on. Have some class.
“Let me tell you a little lesson, buddy. The cream always rises to the top. And I’m about to show you the white, hot cream of an eighth-grade boy.”
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
October 12 2011 23:58 GMT
#203
On October 13 2011 03:07 Metora wrote:
Stay positive, and always NEVER EVER BM your opponent, accept your loss like a man and shut the fuck up and move on. Have some class.


I agree, I've had a history of not always being the best mannered and ever since I started I've performed miraculously well.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
DarthLeader
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada123 Posts
October 13 2011 01:28 GMT
#204
On July 18 2011 05:48 TangSC wrote:
You don't see the correlation between mindset and strategy?


I do: anything that improves your skills and/or winrate should be in the strategy section.
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
October 13 2011 14:56 GMT
#205
On October 13 2011 10:28 DarthLeader wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2011 05:48 TangSC wrote:
You don't see the correlation between mindset and strategy?


I do: anything that improves your skills and/or winrate should be in the strategy section.


Thanks Darth, I would actually argue that since mind is so related to your in-game performance, this type of approach to the game will help anyone improve their skills...not to mention build more respectful relationships and have more fun overall.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
dersoy
Profile Joined September 2011
Malaysia31 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-13 15:03:09
October 13 2011 15:02 GMT
#206
Rage screws u up.. period.. Agree with TS points. U gotta stay positive, i have nvr loss a game where i tink positive, esp after constant destruction of expansions (im zerg)
I definitely believe in macro
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
October 13 2011 15:09 GMT
#207
If he doesn't respond, that's fine - you're probably in a more positive mindset and now you know you have that edge over him - so smile to yourself


That actually seems quite insane. Maniacal laughter will be the common result
Though, that's cool in it's own way. I support the idea of being a sportive player. I don't believe in code though, I stopped Kendo because it was all too much about code and not about winning. For a game to be fun there must at least be some level of competetivity. That said, I do always greet my opponent, wish him/her gl hf and at the end of a game I credit them for their win or I say they were a worthy opponent. If they were not a worthy opponent, I don't say anything at all, because almost anything you say then may 'sound' sarcastic because the way chat works without seeing a face.
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
October 13 2011 18:44 GMT
#208
On October 14 2011 00:02 dersoy wrote:
Rage screws u up.. period.. Agree with TS points. U gotta stay positive, i have nvr loss a game where i tink positive, esp after constant destruction of expansions (im zerg)


I wouldn't say I've never lost a game when in a positive mindset LOL but it definitely keeps me calmer and more focused.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Tal0n
Profile Joined April 2010
United States175 Posts
October 13 2011 19:19 GMT
#209
i think you're slightly overdoing it it some parts but great post nevertheless, especially considering the whole sc2 community needs to manner up a bit.
Rhythm.102
Profile Joined December 2010
United States56 Posts
October 13 2011 19:43 GMT
#210
On October 14 2011 04:19 Tal0n wrote:
i think you're slightly overdoing it it some parts but great post nevertheless, especially considering the whole sc2 community needs to manner up a bit.

Agreed, It is a good post but I think anything past the first couple posts is redundant and not necessary. Before Sc2 came out commentators like Diggity talked about how great the starcraft community was in comparison to any other games and how they would like to see maintain the respect and well manners towards other players. This came up because the starcraft community would grow with the release of starcraft2 and many people did not want to see that community turn into those like DoTa or other FPS where trash talking was apart of your teams strat. No GG, No skill.
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/us/2410867-1.png?1314762023[/img]
SeriouR
Profile Joined November 2010
Spain622 Posts
October 13 2011 20:14 GMT
#211
In general, beign nice and such makes life more enjoyable. More Gg, more skill.
Trance music makes the fairys dance
Peanut Butter
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada155 Posts
October 13 2011 23:55 GMT
#212
GGing every game is arguably the hardest skill in SC2, especially when you lost to a 6-pool or dt's or something along those lines. Just gotta keep your head, and later you will look back on that game and go "You know what, I did the right thing".

Unless your oponnent is a BMer in which case a gg wp is the best counter to a GTFO noob. Guarentees more rage on his end and since you blocked communications you will feel peaceful.
Did you see that? Exactly
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
October 14 2011 00:09 GMT
#213
On October 14 2011 08:55 Peanut Butter wrote:
GGing every game is arguably the hardest skill in SC2, especially when you lost to a 6-pool or dt's or something along those lines. Just gotta keep your head, and later you will look back on that game and go "You know what, I did the right thing".

Unless your oponnent is a BMer in which case a gg wp is the best counter to a GTFO noob. Guarentees more rage on his end and since you blocked communications you will feel peaceful.


Really? Personally I always gg when I lose, and I have never gotten mad at losing no matter what kind of ridiculous reaper cheese or whatnot; I think zvp is a lot harder than gging every game
DanceSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States751 Posts
October 14 2011 01:57 GMT
#214
On October 14 2011 09:09 HenryZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 08:55 Peanut Butter wrote:
GGing every game is arguably the hardest skill in SC2, especially when you lost to a 6-pool or dt's or something along those lines. Just gotta keep your head, and later you will look back on that game and go "You know what, I did the right thing".

Unless your oponnent is a BMer in which case a gg wp is the best counter to a GTFO noob. Guarentees more rage on his end and since you blocked communications you will feel peaceful.


Really? Personally I always gg when I lose, and I have never gotten mad at losing no matter what kind of ridiculous reaper cheese or whatnot; I think zvp is a lot harder than gging every game

This is one of those situational things, I gg' in custom games, and in tournaments, but not all the time on ladder. In no way is this because I am mad, or I am raging, or frustrated, or even if 'he doens't deserve a gg' (yes I have heard that before). I simply do not type in ranked games. If someone says 'hi' or 'gl hf' then yes I type 'hihi' or 'u2' or 'gl hf' as well, but with my experience if they say anything other then that they are cheesing 70% of the time. This is something I have just learned to ignore, I don't read what they type to me in a ladder game and I dont expect them to read what I type so I just don't type. If it was a very close game or very well played then I message after game and say well played. I've never had someone msg me afterwards about it or accusing me of being bm, I'm sorry if that is what it seems like, I just simply don't talk after the first min of a ranked gam :/
Dance.943 || "I think he's just going to lose. There's only so many ways you can lose. And he's going to make some kind of units. And I'm going to attack him, and then all his stuff is going to die. That's about the best prediction that I can make" - NonY
bigbigmac
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia10 Posts
October 14 2011 13:50 GMT
#215
will take note thanks for the tips (Y)
"CHILL GET OUT" - NaNiwa, TSL3
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
October 16 2011 16:27 GMT
#216
On October 14 2011 08:55 Peanut Butter wrote:
GGing every game is arguably the hardest skill in SC2, especially when you lost to a 6-pool or dt's or something along those lines. Just gotta keep your head, and later you will look back on that game and go "You know what, I did the right thing".

Also, you shouldn't be blaming your opponent's strategy when they beat you. Your strategy should be tried and true, versatile enough to deal with anything they throw at you...that's the point! Refining your skills not criticizing others.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
PolishxThunder
Profile Joined May 2011
United States153 Posts
November 02 2011 22:34 GMT
#217
All around great guide. Positive outlook is overlooked but it's important. Thanks for that quick reminder ♥
Iksf
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom444 Posts
November 03 2011 00:36 GMT
#218
Generally I don't gg unless i thought it actually was a good game, i think a lot of EU players have this mentality compared to US, from playing on both servers US seem to gg more, but when EU people gg they more commonly talk about the game after etc. Otherwise I agree with everything, playing when your in a bad mood makes you play so bad being able to get yourself into a positive mindset, especially if you started out stressed or annoyed or something, is a real great skill to have.
MoreSore
Profile Joined April 2011
Ireland73 Posts
November 03 2011 01:53 GMT
#219
great tips, the hardest part it trying to be polite to cheesers and all inners. Have to work on that part of my game ^^
"More Loss, More Skill" WhiteRa
FluffyBinLaden
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States527 Posts
November 03 2011 02:30 GMT
#220
Hey hey! I follow a lot of this. It really helps me stay chipper when I play, and not get too down. I know I can improve, and I try to, but sometimes I just suck. That's my fault, and none else's, so why bm or get down about it? Fix it, and move on. And remember:

IT'S A GAME! YOU PLAY IT TO HAVE FUN! :D
Riddles in the Dark. Answers in the Light.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 614
ProTech137
UpATreeSC 125
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31344
Calm 3011
Shuttle 809
firebathero 155
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 30
Hyun 27
NaDa 26
soO 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
Aegong 21
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7779
XaKoH 279
Fuzer 154
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1580
fl0m1459
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu568
Other Games
FrodaN1357
Beastyqt817
ceh9551
B2W.Neo546
mouzStarbuck432
Livibee191
byalli142
C9.Mang0127
ToD108
KnowMe104
RotterdaM104
Trikslyr79
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 31m
Replay Cast
4h 16m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.