• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:00
CEST 12:00
KST 19:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7168 users

[M] (2) Blood Moon (revamped)

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Invalid99
Profile Joined May 2018
Canada37 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-20 04:25:30
September 18 2019 05:44 GMT
#1
This was a map I made over a year ago and then retextured, redoodaded, redone and updated about 6? months ago.
I was going to make a thread with updated version because I'd made a thread for the last one and then I never did, but i am now, so there ya go.

Overview
[image loading]

Uploaded as [INV] Blood Moon
NA, EU, KR
hopefully i uploaded the right version because i have a bunch of similar looking save as files and it's been a while

original
for comparison purposes
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

it is quite a bit different from the original

Details

+ Show Spoiler +

14 bases
138x134
Main to Main: 43 seconds
Ramp to Ramp: 36 Seconds
Nat to Nat: 32 Seconds



Art
+ Show Spoiler +
Moopies don't like trespassers, you have been warned
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


You won't be able to see this unless you fly a medivac out to the corner. Spoiler alert: It ends in moopies feasting on marines getting blasted out of the sky by stalkers
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


More blood for the blood god!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



It's not without it's flaws but I'm probably just going to move on from it
at this point.

glhf!


I'm unlikely to know what I'm talking about
KillerSmile
Profile Joined November 2018
Germany96 Posts
September 19 2019 19:21 GMT
#2
I really like the new layout and especially artstyle. Everything feels like it has been touched by a red and dry sticky mist, like after a mystical plague.

As for gameplay I think the rock in front of the highground third is misplaced. It looks like you cannot use it to wall off, because it is too low on the ramp. Have you thought about completely blocking that ramp with a rock? Cause then it would be easier for a defender to use it as a setup space. If the attacker wanted to prevent a setup they'd have to then use the long way and can't just decide to slip by the rock and beat the defender to the punch when it comes to controlling the highground third. Maybe to make up for that a little you could turn the pair of rocks in the middle into rock towers like on Dreamcatcher instead of just being a pathing trap.

If you don't want to do that I believe you'd have to elevate the space in front of the natural to have a porper place to stack an army.

Just my 2 cents. I hope you submit this map to the next TLMC. I don't think it's as flawed as you maybe think. It's fantastically unique in layout and aesthetics.
Mapmaker, author of Mothership LE, 10000 Feet LE, Data-C, Solaris, Ley Lines, Torches and Reclamation LE
Invalid99
Profile Joined May 2018
Canada37 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-20 03:37:09
September 20 2019 03:32 GMT
#3
Oh thank you i didn't even notice! as for submitting it to tlmc, this was the version I'd submitted to tlmc 13 and it didn't make the cut, and since i expect others submissions would obviously be no worse in quality, there wouldn't be too much point to resubmitting it. then again, I probably will if I don't have a better standard map to submit. On the other hand maybe the judges will favor it more, who knows.

Originally the space in front of the natural was elevated, but the feedback i got told me to make the natural ramped so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm unlikely to know what I'm talking about
Invalid99
Profile Joined May 2018
Canada37 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-20 03:44:06
September 20 2019 03:36 GMT
#4
I guess it's also a little barren behind one of the thirds so I could doodad it up a little. It's not likely I'll will though unless i resubmit it, but I will fix the rocks.

side note: I'm kinda sad turning the height maps off made the main lose the effect it had, but it was the only way to make the rest of the map have the look i wanted.
I'm unlikely to know what I'm talking about
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3830
Hyuk 1038
Calm 935
Bisu 761
Soma 354
Rush 305
BeSt 241
Horang2 153
Stork 139
Sexy 122
[ Show more ]
Mong 117
ToSsGirL 84
Mind 58
Killer 54
Jaedong 46
ZerO 43
Shinee 35
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 15
NaDa 15
Barracks 14
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Pusan 8
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
byalli652
shoxiejesuss509
edward172
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns36247
singsing1155
ceh9694
dupreeh274
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 1m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.