• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:31
CEST 05:31
KST 12:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9782 users

[M](3) Azura

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
April 15 2015 18:45 GMT
#1
Azura

Map created by: IeZaeL
Version 1.0
Uploaded to: [NA] [EU] [KR] [SEA]


*TeamLiquid Map Contest #6 Submission


[image loading]


Map Info:
Size: 176x176
Doodads count: 2132
Map theme: Underwater installation
Notable features: Every spawn got some little to medium changes , will you spot them all?

Rush Distances:
To be done once the analyser wakes up

Aesthetics:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Its actually a lot better ingame because there are a lot of moving/particles all over the map and it really feels to be underwater


Change Log:
+ Show Spoiler [Version 1] +
Map announced ( 15/4/2015)


Tutorial on the background technique and Air-blocker kitbash
Soon!

Have you got any question? Feel free to shoot me a tweet at @IeZaeLSC2Maps
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
Scrapy921
Profile Joined April 2015
3 Posts
April 15 2015 18:51 GMT
#2
I like it
Rukis
Profile Joined April 2009
United States252 Posts
April 15 2015 19:06 GMT
#3
I like how the naturals have differences. interesting.
Flash was the Genius, Nada was the true god.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 15 2015 19:16 GMT
#4
On April 16 2015 04:06 Rukis wrote:
I like how the naturals have differences. interesting.

I'm pretty sure they don't and that it's due to the angle in the overview.

Really nice map, liked watching it develop :D
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Rukis
Profile Joined April 2009
United States252 Posts
April 15 2015 20:28 GMT
#5
On April 16 2015 04:16 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 04:06 Rukis wrote:
I like how the naturals have differences. interesting.

I'm pretty sure they don't and that it's due to the angle in the overview.

Really nice map, liked watching it develop :D



No I think im right, you should look closer.
Flash was the Genius, Nada was the true god.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
April 15 2015 21:25 GMT
#6
Wow sick map.
On April 16 2015 04:16 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 04:06 Rukis wrote:
I like how the naturals have differences. interesting.

I'm pretty sure they don't and that it's due to the angle in the overview.

Really nice map, liked watching it develop :D

Afaik this was done without the symmetry tool, so I guess there has to be slight differences (;
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
April 15 2015 21:26 GMT
#7
On April 16 2015 04:16 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 04:06 Rukis wrote:
I like how the naturals have differences. interesting.

I'm pretty sure they don't and that it's due to the angle in the overview.

Really nice map, liked watching it develop :D


No, I'm pretty sure they all have minor differences around the double ramp, and just after the wall off spot.
Cereal
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 16 2015 00:12 GMT
#8
On April 16 2015 06:26 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 04:16 The_Templar wrote:
On April 16 2015 04:06 Rukis wrote:
I like how the naturals have differences. interesting.

I'm pretty sure they don't and that it's due to the angle in the overview.

Really nice map, liked watching it develop :D


No, I'm pretty sure they all have minor differences around the double ramp, and just after the wall off spot.

Maybe they do, but I'm pretty sure all the important sizes/shapes are the same.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
April 16 2015 00:15 GMT
#9
Really really (really) pretty. Those aesthetics are OP.

I think there's a limit to how strategically interesting you can make 3p maps but this one does an ok job of that w/ the optional thirds. I think there might be too much airspace even w/ the air blockers, maybe move them in some?
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
April 16 2015 02:07 GMT
#10
I really dislike how unimportant the middle of the map is. There is no reason at all to ever walk through the middle of the map. Terran are always going to parade push the edge of the map most likely into the protoss/zerg natural. Protoss will most likely always deathball attack through the edge of the map because it's more choked off/ramps. Zerg miiiiight go through the middle but they'll probably be so heavily trying to defend the edges that besides the random zergling run bys through the middle to get to the other edge.

Aesthetics are awesome. I never understood why nobody else did an underwater map after Abyssal City. AC is probably my favorite map ever aesethetically so your map is already pretty high in my book. My only concern is you say how it looks better ingame due to more ingame moving particles and that could be rough for the players with not as great computers so if this map ever got considered for ladder, I'd expect some fairly big graphic changes.

Good job!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
April 16 2015 05:04 GMT
#11
I like it, but it would be cool to see a Fighting Spirit like rich base in the center... would be hard to implement though.
Casual Mapmaker
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 16 2015 08:23 GMT
#12
wow. :O


+ Show Spoiler +

I really like the rocks on this map, they matter and are interesting in a way that is rarely achieved so well, and their remaining/absence affects all phases of the game.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
April 16 2015 08:28 GMT
#13
this is like a 3 player version of cactus valley. very nice thirds and alternatives. standard maps like these always get my vote.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
insitelol
Profile Joined August 2012
845 Posts
April 16 2015 11:59 GMT
#14
This is beautiful
Less is more.
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
April 16 2015 12:25 GMT
#15
A lot of these corresponding distances look a little asymmetrical. I know it's a 3p, but unlike ramp angles, these distances are things you can actually fix.

[image loading]
vibeo gane,
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
April 16 2015 13:27 GMT
#16
IMHO, the maps is extremely beautiful, will it be fun to play on it though?

Like Sidian, I m not a big fan of the center (maybe just remove the destructible rocks?) and the 5 th bases (the platform ones) have plenty of wierd things about them : they 're far away from the opponent (better when 5th base forces you to go toward your opponent), they seem too easy to defend but above all their asymetry can be a problem.

Like, if your on the 10 o'clock position, the 5th is easy and smooth with the ramp oriented toward your main. If you're on 6 o'clock, it's not. Imho 10 oclock vs 6 oclock will be OP.

If the ramp can't be reoriented, merge the 4th and 5th, 12 bases are enough on a 2 players map anyway and it might allow you to improve the map big time...
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
April 16 2015 19:43 GMT
#17
On April 16 2015 21:25 -NegativeZero- wrote:
A lot of these corresponding distances look a little asymmetrical. I know it's a 3p, but unlike ramp angles, these distances are things you can actually fix.


Almost every 3p map on this forum/the ladder dating back years has been more asymmetrical than is necessary. There's even a tutorial to help you a bit on this forum, although I imagine the problem is people just aren't careful enough, not that they don't have the knowledge.

To be fair to all the 3p maps: I doubt it matters too much. I'd be surprised if it ever decided the outcome of a game.. but you might as well make it as symmetrical as possible so that people can't cry imba.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 17 2015 05:55 GMT
#18
The middle is in play as soon as there's a 3rd base, from what I can tell going over different scenarios in my head. It won't always be used early on but quickly becomes important for flanking and saving time on attack / cut-in maneuvers.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
wargirl
Profile Joined October 2013
Azerbaijan109 Posts
April 17 2015 13:03 GMT
#19
Wouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Any piece of knowledge I acquire today has a value at this moment exactly proportional to my skill to deal with it. Tomorrow, when I know more, I recall that piece of knowledge and use it better. ”
wargirl
Profile Joined October 2013
Azerbaijan109 Posts
April 17 2015 13:20 GMT
#20
This is making my head spin with ideas I want to make an arcade map with this terrain AMAZING!
Can you get me some close up of the lower cliffs plz. I will love to have the map on my editor but that will be asking the impossible. Please some lower screenshots.
Any piece of knowledge I acquire today has a value at this moment exactly proportional to my skill to deal with it. Tomorrow, when I know more, I recall that piece of knowledge and use it better. ”
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 221
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 548
NaDa 48
TT1 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 681
Other Games
summit1g10746
WinterStarcraft413
Mew2King98
ViBE86
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV302
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1023
• Lourlo740
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 29m
INu's Battles
8h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 29m
Replay Cast
19h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.