Map-makers, let's answer a few questions about map feedback for anyone who might be interested in melee map-making. I don't want to keep these threads for map-maker answers only however... any discussion on the topic matters!
+ Show Spoiler [What are these threads about anyways?] +
For anyone who is unaware, these map design questions are specifically for map-makers to gather and give their perspectives and feedback on melee map design according to each topic. This has nothing to do with gameplay balance or player perspectives, but for map-maker's opinions and thoughts. In the end I'll make a nice collaboration thread containing all the topics ^^
Understanding: Map Feedback
• What types of players do you generally want feedback from? What kind of feedback do you typically avoid?
• When receiving map feedback (i.e. changing something on it for balance purposes), do you listen to all of them or only some?
• How do you know if the feedback you received is good or bad?
• Is it ever okay to change something because a couple masters think you should? What about a grandmaster?
• When do you decide to finally say "Okay, I will change it," and at what point can you say "The map is finished."
***WORD OF ADVICE***: Map-makers (veterans and newer ones), it is always worth saving a separate copy of your map and using that to test out any balance changes you want to make before applying it to your official map file.