• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:02
CEST 20:02
KST 03:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7955 users

[M] (2) Rock Bottom - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
November 28 2011 02:14 GMT
#21
On November 28 2011 10:35 Conquerer67 wrote:
Are the nats siegeable from the thirds?


Nope. Too far.
The high ground in between is unpathable.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
November 29 2011 14:43 GMT
#22
Update:

Removed gimmicky crystals in the center; they were a bit annoying for Zerg in particular in large battles.
Speaking of battles, I have been hosting some testgames again. The map seems to play well except I´m not really a good judge of that (biased/incompetent). Please watch this replay and tell me what you think.

Rock Bottom - PvZ - DLMredBullX vs EpicnamE.SC2Replay

I use "Mar Sara night test" lighting, with slightly heightened contrast, which looks really atmospheric, however pylon fields and Archons look too gamma´ish but I can´t seem to fix it in the lighting editor. I wonder if anyone can help me identify the cause of this. But, please watch the replay to see exactly what I mean.

Thanks.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-29 23:00:16
November 29 2011 22:41 GMT
#23
Top notch stuff. The layout is great. You have bases toward the center, fun LOS areas, just enough bases, just enough space, etc. How cool is this map?!

EDIT: You're at the test point. Get some replays for me to watch!
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-30 17:11:27
November 30 2011 14:35 GMT
#24
There seem to be a general consensus towards phasing out gold bases. Even if I did spend a lot of time adjusting this layout to avoid the gold bases being terran auto-win and more accessable to Zerg, they still leave protoss with a problem.
Ragoo suggested I might try a 6 min 3 gas expo instead, so that´s what I´ll do. I´ll go and test it as well and post some more replays. In the meantime take a look; I removed 2 mineral patches and put a high yield gas instead. I placed it further away, so that it takes 5-6 workers to saturate it and right next to the cliff, so that it can easily be shut down by roaches. Kinda like the one on LSPrime´s starship map.

[image loading]


edit:@mikey - I posted one replay above, more will come later as I get more testgames
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
December 01 2011 02:28 GMT
#25
How is it that this map isn't blowing up the forum?! I'm super retarded for this map. It's so good!

I'm always skeptical about different takes on resource gathering, aside from subtracting a few piles or a geyser. So, I'm not fond of the 3 geyser 6 mineral set up. I would make them regular blue bases.
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
December 01 2011 18:12 GMT
#26
Still testing

Current version has a super-wide open center. I litterally felt fear on behalf of the protoss player when he moved his deathball into those creeped up killing fields.

+ Show Spoiler [screenshots] +
[image loading]AAaaaaahhrrrhhaaarrghhh Wish I had more Sentries :O

[image loading]Noooooooooooo!!!
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
December 02 2011 22:11 GMT
#27
Ooo, I like those screen-shots. I wish there were more showing different parts of the map in action. I'm still super excited about this map. I think it's great! You should enter it into one of the map contests.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
22:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1066
SteadfastSC855
ComeBackTV 780
TaKeTV 673
IndyStarCraft 246
Rex111
EnkiAlexander 80
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 855
IndyStarCraft 246
ProTech143
Rex 111
UpATreeSC 72
BRAT_OK 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33133
Shuttle 798
Mini 404
Rush 149
Hyuk 129
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 92
Trap 51
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 20
Rock 15
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc8310
qojqva1703
Counter-Strike
fl0m1619
Fnx 879
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1393
Khaldor1264
Liquid`Hasu194
Other Games
summit1g1612
FrodaN1568
Beastyqt476
XBOCT258
Mlord249
ArmadaUGS174
DeMusliM169
KnowMe131
C9.Mang0121
QueenE87
XaKoH 85
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH315
• StrangeGG 47
• Hinosc 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 10
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie720
• Shiphtur292
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 58m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 58m
Online Event
16h 58m
FEL
21h 58m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.