• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:06
CEST 20:06
KST 03:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7947 users

[UMS] Micro Management Tester

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Chamenas
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
96 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-17 14:10:25
May 13 2011 07:22 GMT
#1
This map is under-going restructuring, check out "Ver 3" for more details and on how to offer help
Map Preview
[image loading]

Micro Management Tester v2.1

Players: 2
Size: 256x256

Purpose:
The purpose of this map is to allow users to quickly create and destroy any unit in the game for the purposes of testing micro management, unit abilities and composition mixes. Users are able to instantly create units up to the supply cap from any of the 3 races, instantly research any of the unit upgrades and instantly kill units that they no longer need.

The map is intended to host two players, with both players building and microing armies as needed for the purposes of testing.

Ver 3
+ Show Spoiler +

This map was initially created with very simple intentions and objectives. When I made it initially, I had very little knowledge of SC2, map making, or the Galaxy Editor. Recently, I've wanted to do some updating on this map and, with some suggestions from CecilSunkure I'm ready to move forward.

The following are the changes I would like to implement:
  • New Terrain: Terrain from Xel'naga Caverns, Shattered Temple and Shakuras Plateau would make up the new terrain for this map, giving actual locations to practice with that players are familiar with.
  • Base Creation: Some Terrain would be dedicated space to allow players to build bases. This will help players play with not only building placement but also in fighting amidst the buildings of a base.
  • Upgrade Rollbacks: Instant upgrades are nice, but players are likely to want to roll them back too, in order to continue testing smoothly with or without upgrades.
  • Easier Killing: Kill zones are effective, but I'd like to allow players to kill of units with a simple click of some sort, to help facilitate speedier transitions.


I could likely do all of these things alone given enough time, headaches and frustration. However, I'll admit fully that I have very little skill in the editor. That I managed to finish this project initially is surprising enough. I'd love to keep learning, but I'd like to do that from within the context of a team. What I'm looking for would be:
Terrain Artist: The ability to create new terrain is only a part of one's duties as a terrain artist. The Micro Management Tester would need an artist who is especially skilled in recreating terrain.
Data Editor Specialist: Adjusting unit build times and costs is only a small part of what might be needed from a Data Editor specialist for this project. An expert at the Data Editor can help with conceptualizing upgrade rollbacks as well as efficient methods of quickly disposing of units and buildings.
Trigger Specialist: Triggers are one of fundamental aspects of this map and will likely be integral to any upgrade rollback system and instant-kill system that is implemented. In addition, triggers are used to help adjust the map with regards to vision, etc.. a trigger specialist will be extremely useful in making sure the map runs as it should.
GUI Designer: Various aspects of the map may require a GUI to allow the user to have easy, intuitive access to controls regarding the map. A smart GUI designer knows how to create dialogs and GUI but also how to design them in an accessible manner.

I will be filling unfilled positions as best I can, given I'm not an expert in any of the fields. If, by some chance, I'm lucky enough to fill all the positions, then I will remain with the project primarily as a lead, helping to ensure that all the design plans are going well, and offering what I can here or there, but, primarily, simply learning from the project contributors on how to do what.

If you would like to join, simply send me a PM regarding which role(s) you would like to fill as well as a link to any projects you've worked on or are working on in order to showcase your knowledge.

All members of the team will get credit for their work.


Changelog:
+ Show Spoiler +

No changes yet


Team:
+ Show Spoiler +

Creator/Host - Chamenas


Download
Micro Management Tester - SC2Mapster.com
Philipd122
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia776 Posts
May 14 2011 05:05 GMT
#2
I've been using this map for a long time since last year, it's very useful and I hope it gets better with version 3!
Oz | Leenock | GuMiho | Lucky | MC | PartinG | DRG | Mvp
Chamenas
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
96 Posts
May 14 2011 11:28 GMT
#3
Hopefully! Right now I'm just working on restructuring the Terrain, but I'm having issues even with that. Map Editing is definitely not my thing
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 11:38:30
May 14 2011 11:34 GMT
#4
love the concept = practice practice practice = more fun

u ze man, watch out StarkMods

ps: you do need a terrainer
(i realize the objective lies elsewhere.. and you are the wisest of men to ask for help/team..
keep it up, galaxy is meh/awesome )
Chamenas
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
96 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 21:18:24
May 14 2011 21:16 GMT
#5
I'm definitely not a mapmaker. I made this map because, at the time, there were no good maps that did what I wanted, and I wanted a way to clash a variable amount of units with or without upgrades to test micro and compositions, etc...

However, I knew from experience that saying "Hey! I've got this cool idea, anyone want to make it?" usually doesn't go very far, so I made it myself.

I was hoping that, with the map already made and being used (apparently semi-popular) that some more experienced mapmakers might be drawn to help.

Terraining is definitely important, as, in the case of copying terrain, you want to get it exact, and that's not always easy. The following is an image of what I'm making to replicate a suggested area for testing, taken from Xel'naga Caverns.

Here's my area:
[image loading]

The actual area:
[image loading]

It's funny because I told Cecil that redoing Terrain would be the easy part. Boy was I wrong...
Chamenas
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
96 Posts
May 14 2011 21:28 GMT
#6
Apparently you can copy and paste Terrain... I feel dumb now >.>
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
May 14 2011 21:33 GMT
#7
On May 15 2011 06:28 Chamenas wrote:
Apparently you can copy and paste Terrain... I feel dumb now >.>

AHhahhah!

Anyways, I'm going to check out the map right now! Looks super excellent and I'm so glad you're putting in time to create this thing
Chamenas
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
96 Posts
May 14 2011 22:19 GMT
#8
Nothing new for the map yet. Right now I'm porting on copy+pastes of the zones you mentioned into the current map, then I'll publish a minor update.
Philipd122
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 23:41:21
May 14 2011 23:41 GMT
#9
On May 15 2011 07:19 Chamenas wrote:
Nothing new for the map yet. Right now I'm porting on copy+pastes of the zones you mentioned into the current map, then I'll publish a minor update.


Will there be any new features other than terrain soon*? :D.
Oz | Leenock | GuMiho | Lucky | MC | PartinG | DRG | Mvp
Chamenas
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
96 Posts
May 14 2011 23:52 GMT
#10
Everything listed in the Version 3 spoiler tag, hopefully. However, I wouldn't be so bold as to call it Soon. If I have to do it all alone it could take a very very long time. To be honest, I'm surprised I managed to make the original map, it was very scrapped together. I'm hoping people will see the interest in this and offer to help though. I've got a lot of great ideas, but putting them down into the map will be difficult without some people who really have the editor down pat.
hunter3
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States155 Posts
May 17 2011 05:00 GMT
#11
On May 15 2011 08:52 Chamenas wrote:
I've got a lot of great ideas, but putting them down into the map will be difficult without some people who really have the editor down pat.


I find ideas more difficult than coding. Anyways most of what you want has already been implemented in various maps, including mine:

TheUnitTester_v0.95 (International).SC2Map

Feel free to ask me if you have questions about triggers or the data editor. The community over as SC2Mapster is also an excellent resource.
Chamenas
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
96 Posts
May 17 2011 13:56 GMT
#12
A very interesting map, and definitely a lot better put together in many ways. Still, it doesn't quite do everything I wanted (nor even everything already in my map) so I know more is capable. I'll keep plugging on with my project.

I have an account with the same name over at SC2Mapster and have used it heavily in this initial generation of the map.

I enjoy coding quite a bit, I wish the editor felt like coding, then I might be more comfortable in it. Some days I consider whether or not I should just switch over to Galaxy. But, in the end, that's a time issue. Converting ideas to code, though, isn't as difficult as many might make it seem.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1033
ComeBackTV 912
TaKeTV 573
SteadfastSC554
LamboSC2359
IndyStarCraft 212
Rex108
EnkiAlexander 72
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 554
LamboSC2 359
mouzHeroMarine 302
IndyStarCraft 212
ProTech134
Rex 108
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24720
firebathero 212
Rush 127
ToSsGirL 37
Trap 22
Sexy 22
Bale 19
Shine 17
Djem5 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7263
qojqva1758
420jenkins144
monkeys_forever16
Counter-Strike
fl0m1620
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1894
crisheroes1150
Liquid`Hasu607
XaKoH 172
MindelVK17
Other Games
Grubby2184
FrodaN785
ceh9743
Beastyqt603
ArmadaUGS203
KnowMe147
Hui .145
QueenE133
C9.Mang0128
Trikslyr81
Mew2King64
Dewaltoss55
byalli9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• FirePhoenix12
• 80smullet 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2504
League of Legends
• TFBlade1170
Other Games
• imaqtpie775
• WagamamaTV262
• Shiphtur256
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 54m
Stellar Fest
18h 54m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.