• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9455 users

[M] Gas Chamber (2) - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
December 31 2010 07:59 GMT
#61
OK I played this map a few times with Wnio and it's ok for the most part. The complaint I have is with the destructible rocks the ones in the main are just silly the use of those small ones are more of a nuicence than anything else. And the destructible rocks on the gold don't really add to the game. If they're there to prevent the main from lifting off and taking the gold I'd just replace them with 20 hp 5 armor rocks so workers will take forever to kill them. They break the flow of the game more than it should. I didn't save the replays, maybe wnio still has them.
ESV Mapmaking Team
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 11:59:44
December 31 2010 11:58 GMT
#62
On December 31 2010 16:59 G_Wen wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
OK I played this map a few times with Wnio and it's ok for the most part. The complaint I have is with the destructible rocks the ones in the main are just silly the use of those small ones are more of a nuicence than anything else. And the destructible rocks on the gold don't really add to the game. If they're there to prevent the main from lifting off and taking the gold I'd just replace them with 20 hp 5 armor rocks so workers will take forever to kill them. They break the flow of the game more than it should. I didn't save the replays, maybe wnio still has them.


Thanks for the feedback.

I found out that small debris piles (1x1 [b]/[/b ]2x2 ) are chained, meaning if you destroy one (1500 hp) you destroy all in the same pile. How are they a nuisance, and what would make the map better?
Removing the ramp + rocks or have 2 or 3 big piles (á 2000 hp)?

I guess I can just remove the rocks at the gold. I guess a terran needs an army there anyways if he plans on defending a 4th expo so close to opponents natural.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
KissKiss
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom136 Posts
December 31 2010 13:35 GMT
#63
Seems very crowded, not a great deal of open space. Primary complaint is that any ground army has to go through that central choke. Pretty sure I'd downvote this map as Zerg.
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
December 31 2010 14:30 GMT
#64
this is a very good map, even though you have to play some games there to get the hang of it (like i the way of knowing where stuff is at) but its very good :D
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
fuzzy_panda
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand1681 Posts
December 31 2010 22:45 GMT
#65
as soon as i read the name of the map, i was expecting this kinda discussion. good work map maker! hopefully your map stays up in europe
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 31 2010 23:18 GMT
#66
Make the map bigger IMO, it is too short.

And for people complaining about the gas chamber, the first thing I thought was about someone with an instestinal problem locked in a room. Yeah, deadly.

Get over it guys, its been 65 years since WW2 ended. Machineguns killed more people during that time, yet our marines use them. Granades would do an even worse job(see "Rescue of Private Ryan") and still our marauders shoot them. Don't let me talk about Siege Tanks and Banshee-like airplanes.

Oh, and nukes. Ohhh the nukes. Such an awesome tool, nobody cares if the japanese will feel offended to have a nuke in the game right?

Gas Chamber, a place full of gas. See the map. It's ridiculous to say that this is offensive, or to be offended by this. So it was a method used, if they used mousetraps as one of the methods we would see millions of rats alive today infesting us, right? Meh.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
December 31 2010 23:40 GMT
#67
I just played on this map with my teammate VTgix, and I must say this map is completely unplayable PvZ (and maybe TvZ). There are way too many places for air units to go that ground units can't see, that combined with the small area around the main/nat make this map extremely hard for protoss to push out of their base.

The map looks beautiful, but in it's current state nobody would ever want to play on this map in a tournament unless they were zerg.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
January 01 2011 04:11 GMT
#68
On December 31 2010 10:18 iGrok wrote:I've got to say, you really impress me because you are so skilled at every aspect of map making. That's hard to do, particularly with how complex Galaxy Editor is! Keep up the good work.


@iGrok: I value you tenacious endorsement highly, but to say that I´m skilled at every aspect of map making is perhaps a bit stretchy. IRL I deal with multiple software platforms that are much more complex and unintuitive than the Galaxy Editor, so for me it´s just creative heaven with very few restrictions.
I´m just scratching the surface in the context of the meta game vs map layouts. I feel pretty clueless when reading the posts below:

On December 31 2010 22:35 KissKiss wrote:
Seems very crowded, not a great deal of open space. Primary complaint is that any ground army has to go through that central choke. Pretty sure I'd downvote this map as Zerg.


Yeah, well you may have a point, but the poster below did some serious testing and concluded that this map favors Zerg to the point that the map is unplayable!

On January 01 2011 08:40 Whiplash wrote:
I just played on this map with my teammate VTgix, and I must say this map is completely unplayable PvZ (and maybe TvZ). There are way too many places for air units to go that ground units can't see, that combined with the small area around the main/nat make this map extremely hard for protoss to push out of their base.

The map looks beautiful, but in it's current state nobody would ever want to play on this map in a tournament unless they were zerg.


Thanks!
I would like to see a replay. I´m guessing that muta harrass + OL placement + creep spread makes it very difficult for P / T?
If you knew the map better, would you exploit the short rush distance, and maybe try to counter mass muta?

I´m so confused! The replays I´ve seen gave me the impression that stalker/sentry could really own this map. Please post a replay or elaborate.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
January 02 2011 01:55 GMT
#69
Ok, I don´t mean to double post or shamelessly bump my own map, but, we have a map vs balance/gameplay discussion going on here, and I believe all mappers can benefit from this.

It´s a small map with short rush distance, but still it favors Zerg!

Anyway, that´s what Whiplash concluded after a test game vs teammate VTgix. They are both 2800+ diamond on VT Gaming A-Team.

It seems very difficult to deal with muta harrass as Protoss because of all the tight spaces and places for air units to hide.
My question: could the Protoss have avoided the loss to mass muta? Like cancel 3 Immortals and try and mass stalkers + CB blink? And build more than one Phoenix?
Or is this map unplayable vs Zerg mass muta?

Replay: -download page-

I have another replay with our very own WniO and G_wen, where Protoss have a bunch of stalkers ready by the time the first mutas start harrassing.

Replay:-download page-

I´d like to think that the map is good as is.
Check out the replays and tell me why/if I need to fix anything, but+ Show Spoiler +
please keep any balance discussion within the context of the replays and/or this particular map, I really don´t want to stir up any more controversy and get this thread closed
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 02 2011 01:58 GMT
#70
I'd suggest using dropbox for replay sharing
I'll look this replay over, but you'll get most of my critique in a weekish =D
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
SilverPotato
Profile Joined July 2010
United States560 Posts
January 02 2011 02:08 GMT
#71
Very cool map OP! You should make more maps
"The ability to learn faster than your competitors may be the only sustainable competitive advantage." ~Arie de Geus
KooKraw
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8 Posts
January 03 2011 04:56 GMT
#72
So I hate to feel like an idiot, but i see you say its up for NA servers, how exactly would one go about locating it?
"When the enemy is at ease, be able to weary him; when well fed, to starve him; when at rest, to make him move. Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you."
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
January 03 2011 04:57 GMT
#73
On January 03 2011 13:56 KooKraw wrote:
So I hate to feel like an idiot, but i see you say its up for NA servers, how exactly would one go about locating it?


Go to Multiplayer---> Create a Game---> Search "Gas Chamber" in top right search bar.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-03 05:37:44
January 03 2011 05:34 GMT
#74
Vespene Mines?
Vespene Plant?
Vespene Slums?
Vespene District?
(insert Terran dumpy planet here) Gas Mines

I just think something like this would be cooler than gas chamber, especially since it is clearly not a gas chamber.

The aesthetics of this map are top notch man. I would consider maybe doing a larger new map keeping some of this stuff and it would be amazing. Think match point or some space level, but with these aesthetics. Wow, good luck!
KooKraw
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8 Posts
January 03 2011 05:37 GMT
#75
Ty! I feel like an idiot, I tried that before asking and just didn't wait long enough for search results to come up v_v
"When the enemy is at ease, be able to weary him; when well fed, to starve him; when at rest, to make him move. Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you."
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
January 03 2011 05:38 GMT
#76
Man, almost all of the maps here are better than your standard blizzard map ;D

Definitely change the map name if you're going to use it in EU, even though it's not intentional or anything like that. Vespene [blank] should work...or Vespene Factory, Gas Refinery?
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-05 13:30:17
January 05 2011 13:22 GMT
#77
Officially named Port Zion Sub-surface Vespene Harvest and Processing Facility No. 691 this gas mine is mostly known as the Gas Chamber among people working there, due to the extremely hazardous environment and the high number of casualties among the forced labor.

Remodeled the unpathable high ground behind the natural, as it was too exploitable by Mutas.
Removed destructibles @ gold expo.
Plus a lot of final polishing before submitting the map to MotM

/Edit: Thanks to Whiplash, VTgix, WniO and GWen for testing and posting valuable feedback
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
January 06 2011 11:09 GMT
#78
On January 05 2011 22:22 Johanaz wrote:
Officially named Port Zion Sub-surface Vespene Harvest and Processing Facility No. 691 this gas mine is mostly known as the Gas Chamber among people working there, due to the extremely hazardous environment and the high number of casualties among the forced labor.

Remodeled the unpathable high ground behind the natural, as it was too exploitable by Mutas.
Removed destructibles @ gold expo.
Plus a lot of final polishing before submitting the map to MotM

/Edit: Thanks to Whiplash, VTgix, WniO and GWen for testing and posting valuable feedback

At first I was slightly uncomfortable with the name , but I actually like this description . I played against the AI and it felt really nice , I would really like to play some 1v1 on this map. Guess we need... chat channels .
Omni17
Profile Joined January 2011
United States141 Posts
January 08 2011 08:21 GMT
#79
This map is so awesome I love your work man!! Unique and balanced, definitely will want to play on this.
"To Drone or not to Drone, that is the question."
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
January 08 2011 18:31 GMT
#80
On January 08 2011 17:21 Omni17 wrote:
This map is so awesome I love your work man!! Unique and balanced, definitely will want to play on this.


Thanks man.
Balanced... jury is still out, but recent testing indicates that this map may be very exploitable by Protoss, well for Korean top players that is... Can´t wait to see if I make to the final 5 and if people figure out all the exploits...

*fingers crossed*
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko379
ProTech100
SpeCial 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16120
firebathero 2025
Bisu 1012
Hyuk 670
Horang2 538
BeSt 264
Larva 216
Mini 187
Light 159
EffOrt 153
[ Show more ]
Soma 118
Barracks 112
Leta 111
Rush 76
Mong 69
ZerO 69
Snow 60
Killer 50
Pusan 48
Shinee 42
ToSsGirL 38
NaDa 36
Sharp 34
Sexy 29
Aegong 29
Mind 28
zelot 26
Bale 21
sorry 16
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
JulyZerg 12
Noble 11
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 334
Fuzer 157
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss869
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1068
crisheroes1053
Other Games
gofns33830
singsing1987
olofmeister1273
B2W.Neo254
Livibee89
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream241
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH143
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 34m
OSC
10h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 34m
Online Event
23h 34m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.