• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:57
CEST 06:57
KST 13:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6169 users

[Tool] SC2 Map Analyzer - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
NullCurrent
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden245 Posts
January 02 2011 22:10 GMT
#181
On January 03 2011 07:06 baskerville wrote:
I was curious about someone else's opinion, sorry...
Mac's pc emulation is perfectly legal and common (providing you do not license anything out of it), on this issue, you must have been be mislead by my post, sorry again.
I was posting to know if people had tested this? And if it works if there are any differences...





Haven't actually heard about any windows emulation on macs,
I mean, you can just install windows on them like if they are an (almost) normal x86 PC (the difference is the EFI, Mac equivalent/successor to BIOS).
The Planetary Workshop - TPW - Mapmaking Team
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 19:08:02
January 02 2011 22:12 GMT
#182
no I meant an emulation

i'm sure it works, it's simply not worth the hassle... one should do it thanks to a pc user's good nature
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
NullCurrent
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden245 Posts
January 14 2011 21:53 GMT
#183
How can I get the analyzer summary to contain information about LOS blockers?
(I've seen some analyzer pics with that)
The Planetary Workshop - TPW - Mapmaking Team
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
February 03 2011 18:10 GMT
#184
On January 15 2011 06:53 NullCurrent wrote:
How can I get the analyzer summary to contain information about LOS blockers?
(I've seen some analyzer pics with that)


Whoa, sorry I missed this question. First I have to apologize for doing a complete reinstall of my home rig and demolishing my map analyzer development environment. I squeeze in an hour or two here and there trying to get it going again, but I promise you when I finally get MinGW/msys reconfigured I will back that whole system up and never touch it again.

Anyway, in the meantime I was in the process of doing all kinds of fun updates before I lost my development environment, and LoSB is one of them in this unofficial release:

SC2 Map Analyzer 1.4.6

If you run this version (when the community was helping me work out some new openeness color schemes and stuff) you have support for LoSB.

What you do is open the "footprints.txt" file and search for "MarSaraCurtain" and you'll see that is the only recognized LosB right now, but you can easily add more, you just have to find out the doodad's internal name. Go into the editor, place a Mar Sara LosB, save the map, go to the import dialog, check that box for internal files, select "Objects" and export it. Its an XML file. Look for the Mar Sara object and you'll see its internal name is "MarSaraCurtain." now you can place one of each LosB in your map, save the file, export "Objects" again and you'll see the names of all the doodads.

Okay, once you have that, open the "footprints.txt" file for the unnofficial release. You can't use the official releases because they don't recognize the "losb" object type yet. You'll see this code:

losb MarSaraCurtain
destruct BraxisAlphaDestructible1x1
doodad PathingBlocker1x1Doodad
{
0, 0
}

which is defining a one-cell footprint (located 0, 0 cells away from the object's position) and the lines above that are all different doodads with the same footprint. So if you change this file like this:


losb MarSaraCurtain
losb JungleSetsLosBName
losb SomeOtherLosbName
destruct BraxisAlphaDestructible1x1
doodad PathingBlocker1x1Doodad
{
0, 0
}


Then the analyzer will pick up any LosB doodads you drop. If anyone followed along this far, I encourage you to be adventurous and read this explanation of the footprints.txt config file and add those big long vertical and horizontal destructible rocks that are new with the latest patch.


And someday when I get my rig back in order I'll put out analyzer updates again, I've got all these notes and what to add and fix.
Drascoll
Profile Joined August 2010
United States33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 18:38:33
February 07 2011 18:37 GMT
#185
Wine is not an emulator
http://www.winehq.org/myths

When i get done work today I'll try and make a wine rapper for the Analyzer. I'll post it if it works w/ instructions on how to install the app. It's not hard. Ether it will work flawlessly or it wont. Aside from that you can always run boot camp.
Johnny: You are lying! I never hit you! You are tearing me apart, Lisa!
NullCurrent
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden245 Posts
February 07 2011 21:10 GMT
#186
On February 08 2011 03:37 Drascoll wrote:
Wine is not an emulator
http://www.winehq.org/myths

When i get done work today I'll try and make a wine rapper for the Analyzer. I'll post it if it works w/ instructions on how to install the app. It's not hard. Ether it will work flawlessly or it wont. Aside from that you can always run boot camp.

I'm using CrossOver Games's version of wine through the command line, and it works flawlessly.

I just run it like this:
$ cd whatever/directory/you/have/mapanalyzer/in
$ wine sc2mapanalyzer.exe

Is that still the case for normal wine?

But a wrapper can be nice too, for those who don't want the power the terminal gives.
The Planetary Workshop - TPW - Mapmaking Team
NullCurrent
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden245 Posts
February 09 2011 17:59 GMT
#187
I've added all 1x1 size Line of Sight blockers which you should paste in right after "losb MarSaraCurtain":

+ Show Spoiler [part of footprints.txt] +
losb MarSaraCurtain
losb AgriaCurtain
losb AiurCurtain
losb BelShirCurtain
losb HavenCurtain
losb InvisibleCurtain
losb KorhalCurtain
losb MeinhoffCurtain
losb MonlythCurtain
losb NewFolsomCurtain
losb RedstoneCurtain
losb ShakurasCurtain
losb SpacePlatformCurtain
losb TarsonisCurtain
losb TyphonCurtain
losb UlaanCurtain
losb UlnarCurtain
losb ValhallaCurtain
losb XilCurtain
losb ZhakulDasCurtain
destruct BraxisAlphaDestructible1x1
doodad PathingBlocker1x1Doodad
{
0, 0
}
The Planetary Workshop - TPW - Mapmaking Team
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
February 09 2011 19:41 GMT
#188
On February 10 2011 02:59 NullCurrent wrote:
I've added all 1x1 size Line of Sight blockers which you should paste in right after "losb MarSaraCurtain":

+ Show Spoiler [part of footprints.txt] +
losb MarSaraCurtain
losb AgriaCurtain
losb AiurCurtain
losb BelShirCurtain
losb HavenCurtain
losb InvisibleCurtain
losb KorhalCurtain
losb MeinhoffCurtain
losb MonlythCurtain
losb NewFolsomCurtain
losb RedstoneCurtain
losb ShakurasCurtain
losb SpacePlatformCurtain
losb TarsonisCurtain
losb TyphonCurtain
losb UlaanCurtain
losb UlnarCurtain
losb ValhallaCurtain
losb XilCurtain
losb ZhakulDasCurtain
destruct BraxisAlphaDestructible1x1
doodad PathingBlocker1x1Doodad
{
0, 0
}


Thanks for putting time into this! I'll add it to the next release.
Drascoll
Profile Joined August 2010
United States33 Posts
February 09 2011 19:49 GMT
#189
On February 08 2011 06:10 NullCurrent wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 08 2011 03:37 Drascoll wrote:
Wine is not an emulator
http://www.winehq.org/myths

When i get done work today I'll try and make a wine rapper for the Analyzer. I'll post it if it works w/ instructions on how to install the app. It's not hard. Ether it will work flawlessly or it wont. Aside from that you can always run boot camp.

I'm using CrossOver Games's version of wine through the command line, and it works flawlessly.

I just run it like this:
+ Show Spoiler +
$ cd whatever/directory/you/have/mapanalyzer/in
$ wine sc2mapanalyzer.exe

Is that still the case for normal wine?

But a wrapper can be nice too, for those who don't want the power the terminal gives.


Oh I see, I didn't take time to look at the program when I wrote the line about making a wrapper. Really no need what you posted is a much easier solution.
Johnny: You are lying! I never hit you! You are tearing me apart, Lisa!
butter
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States785 Posts
February 09 2011 20:23 GMT
#190
The footprint for "Destructible Rocks - Huge Horizontal" as seen on TestMap2:

+ Show Spoiler +
destruct DestructibleRampHorizontalHuge
{
-6, -2
-5, -2
-4, -2
-3, -2
-2, -2
-1, -2
0, -2
1, -2
2, -2
3, -2
4, -2
5, -2
-6, -1
-5, -1
-4, -1
-3, -1
-2, -1
-1, -1
0, -1
1, -1
2, -1
3, -1
4, -1
5, -1
-6, 0
-5, 0
-4, 0
-3, 0
-2, 0
-1, 0
0, 0
1, 0
2, 0
3, 0
4, 0
5, 0
-6, 1
-5, 1
-4, 1
-3, 1
-2, 1
-1, 1
0, 1
1, 1
2, 1
3, 1
4, 1
5, 1
}
TL should have a minigame where you have to destroy some rocks before you can make a new post – DentalFloss
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
July 15 2011 05:28 GMT
#191
--- Nuked ---
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
July 15 2011 05:37 GMT
#192
I second this bump. Maybe newer folks just don't know about it? Let's keep this in the sidebar for a day or two for good measure. Also, if I don't see analyzer pics, I'm copy pastin postin.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
AaronJ
Profile Joined January 2011
United States90 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 18:35:00
July 17 2011 18:21 GMT
#193
I can't map analyzer posted to my map because I keep getting the error screen.
[image loading]

This is my to-analyze notepad.
[image loading]

This is my map link.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=244573#5

EDIT:I was able to the get it to work I didn't have the map in the directory.
Violence is never an option, unless he started it.
Gl!tch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States573 Posts
August 13 2011 17:03 GMT
#194
I would love to use this analyzer on my map that i recently published, but i cannot figure out how the damn thing works! I've read the manual, and it said to just edit the "Output.txt" and "to-analyze.txt" and that the config file would guide me? I'll say it, im bad with computers... and those things dont seem to be speaking english. plz help.
“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” ― Banksy
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
August 13 2011 18:14 GMT
#195
How bout some pics? Dunno what the original files look like.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Gl!tch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States573 Posts
August 13 2011 18:37 GMT
#196
Here's how they read:

# to-analyze.txt

# This config file is only recognized globally, meaning it is
# only read by the map analyzer if it is in the same directory
# as the EXECUTABLE (not the same directory as a shortcut to
# executable)

# List any number of specific maps to analyze, and use the # character
# to comment out lines:

C:\BLAH\BLAH\A Map That Will Be Analyzed.SC2Map
#C:\BLAH\BLAH\CommentOut-WontBeAnalyzed.SC2Map

# If a directory is listed, all maps in it are analyzed.
C:\BLAB\BLAH\ADirectoryOfMaps

# put an 'r' in front of a directory if you want the map analyzer to
# recursively search that directory for maps to analyze
r C:\BLAB\BLAB\AnalyzeThisDirAndSubDirs



# output.txt

# This file controls output options. Lines that begin with
# the '#' character are comments so those options are ignored.
# Just uncomment the lines of output you want. This file at
# the global level will set a default for all maps analyzed.
# If another copy of output.txt is in the same directory as
# a map to analyze, the local copy will override the global copy.

#renderTerrain
#renderPathing
#renderBases
#renderOpenness
#renderShortest
#renderInfluence
renderSummary
#writeCSVpermap

# This option only has meaning in the global output.txt, it
# will be ignored in a local output.txt
#writeCSVaggr

# Set this path to have ALL OUTPUT of the analyzer be thrown
# into a common directory.
path=C:\A-PATH\sc2mapanalyzer-output


As i understand, im supposed to type in the file name of my map into the "To-Analyse.txt" Somewhere, then im supposed to do Something in the "output.txt"... after that i run the analyser by just double clicking on it... Doing so now however gives me a list of 3 errors that read:

"Warning, a component of the path C:\Blah\Blah\A Map That Will Be Analyzed.SC2Map does not exist or is not a directory, skipping...

Have you edited to-analyze.txt with the paths you want to analyze? "


The other two are similar, with different things after the "C:\Blah\Blah\"

“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” ― Banksy
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-13 18:44:58
August 13 2011 18:43 GMT
#197
Ok so that's how I use it:

# If a directory is listed, all maps in it are analyzed.
C:\Users\FlopTurnReaver\Documents\StarCraft II\Maps\sc2mapanalyzer-release-1.4.3

In the output.txt I deleted the # before renderShortest and renderSummary (because that's all I need). Then I just copy a map I want to analyze into this folder and execute the analyzer.

EDIT: If you want to use it the other way you obviously have to replace the 'C:\Blah\Blah\A Map That Will Be Analyzed.SC2Map' with the actual path of your mapfile.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Gl!tch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States573 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-13 19:12:27
August 13 2011 19:10 GMT
#198
Ok this is how they read now:

# to-analyze.txt

# This config file is only recognized globally, meaning it is
# only read by the map analyzer if it is in the same directory
# as the EXECUTABLE (not the same directory as a shortcut to
# executable)

# List any number of specific maps to analyze, and use the # character
# to comment out lines:

C:\BLAH\BLAH\A Map That Will Be Analyzed.SC2Map
#C:\BLAH\BLAH\CommentOut-WontBeAnalyzed.SC2Map

# If a directory is listed, all maps in it are analyzed.
C:/Users/MyName/Desktop/sc2mapanalyzer-release-1.4.3

# put an 'r' in front of a directory if you want the map analyzer to
# recursively search that directory for maps to analyze
r C:\BLAB\BLAB\AnalyzeThisDirAndSubDirs


The # before renderSHortest and renderSummary were removed.

I copied the map file and its now in the same folder

I get a pic of the space but not the shortest paths (i assume renderShortest)

Also a set of vertical rocks does not appear, and theres some text saying "resource at point "number here" is in an unpathable cell
“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” ― Banksy
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
August 14 2011 02:13 GMT
#199
Well first of all you can add a # before the 'C:\BLAH\BLAH\A Map That Will Be Analyzed.SC2Map' again (dunno if it will help anything but it will definitly not do any harm). I have no idea what's up with the shortest stuff, if you did it correctly it should work, don't think I ever had problems with it.

I recently experienced the same problem with vertical rocks not showing up, no idea what to do there. The error with the minerals usually appears if you have mineral patches in an area that's either out of bounds or inside terrain containing pathing blocker.

Can't help you there just from reading.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
August 14 2011 02:18 GMT
#200
This thread must always be bumped!
+ Show Spoiler +
And maybe on day I'll actually use the analyzer
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft406
RuFF_SC2 181
Nina 99
-ZergGirl 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 4
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 677
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1134
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox761
Other Games
summit1g7864
WinterStarcraft336
C9.Mang0266
Livibee160
Maynarde130
Sick126
ViBE78
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2248
League of Legends
• Stunt410
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 4m
Stellar Fest
8h 4m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.