• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8255 users

Power Rank 02/02/2009 - Page 5

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32 33 Next All
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
February 02 2009 13:20 GMT
#81
This was the best power rank writeup ever. I will now shamelessly sig your description of Best and tip my hat to you.
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
February 02 2009 14:07 GMT
#82
On February 02 2009 13:56 LosingID8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2009 13:48 xxsaznpride wrote:
Imo boring PR. Agreeing with everyone and not creating a torrent of hatred 800 comments long is just sad.

==

lol fun read. Only part I disagree with is Leta because: I haven't watched a single game of his; you're using Guemchi, who I only know as a rookie to watch out for with a shitty overall record, as the best example to justify his #1.

==

9/10 because you put fbh in your proleague team lol

i'm glad you realize that you are completely unqualified to make any statement about leta, but then proceed to say he doesn't deserve his PR spot.

awesome.


I was pretty much asking "are there any examples against S-class players?". Geez no need to get so uppity about it.

At least I'm not shooting people down without trying to at least point them in the right direction (well, at least not here).
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
February 02 2009 14:13 GMT
#83
On February 02 2009 23:07 xxsaznpride wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2009 13:56 LosingID8 wrote:
On February 02 2009 13:48 xxsaznpride wrote:
Imo boring PR. Agreeing with everyone and not creating a torrent of hatred 800 comments long is just sad.

==

lol fun read. Only part I disagree with is Leta because: I haven't watched a single game of his; you're using Guemchi, who I only know as a rookie to watch out for with a shitty overall record, as the best example to justify his #1.

==

9/10 because you put fbh in your proleague team lol

i'm glad you realize that you are completely unqualified to make any statement about leta, but then proceed to say he doesn't deserve his PR spot.

awesome.


I was pretty much asking "are there any examples against S-class players?". Geez no need to get so uppity about it.

At least I'm not shooting people down without trying to at least point them in the right direction (well, at least not here).


Go watch the game vs guemchi. Then also keep in mind that Guemchi was 3-0 going into this game.

Then watch the rest of the match.

Leta is terrifying.
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-02 14:47:28
February 02 2009 14:15 GMT
#84
^
Thanks. Appreciate the reccomendation, good sir.

Edit:
SPOILERS FOR THAT GAME I GUESS
-The first push didn't really look good for either player, but all that dropping was really nice. For -Guemchi's first push, there were like 5 or 6 SCVs right next to each other, but instead the reaver he dropped kills the vulture and only 1 scv.
-And I really liked Guemchi's cannons: they totally kept Leta from completely wrecking him. Oh wait...
-Reaver drop lol. Nice 1/2 scvs taken out.
-12nex got so raped... by 2 vultures haha. Not even talking about all the prove kills from the vult raids, either.
- 17:50 in and he, guemchi, FINALLY adds some form of defense to one of his bases, omg.
- 19 in, nice static defense guemchi, it really saved your ass on that one. Oh wait...
- 22:20 in: LOL good luck guemchi.

Looked more like Guemchi's loss than Leta's win. No anti-raid cannons at ANY base, hell no forge that I saw during the whole broadcast. Good for Leta to see that and just keep up the agression, but damn. I'm a D- terran who tries protoss once in a while, and even I put a few cannons at each base.

I'll be sure to check out the rest of the matches like you said, of course. But do they get any better than (my impression of) this one?
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
February 02 2009 16:08 GMT
#85
I've generally agreed with the Power Rankings the last few months (even Jangbi at #1 was okay considering the alternative), but this is a really poor ranking. Sorry. Pretty much everything is off.
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-02 17:02:48
February 02 2009 17:02 GMT
#86
On February 03 2009 01:08 SimonB wrote:
I've generally agreed with the Power Rankings the last few months (even Jangbi at #1 was okay considering the alternative), but this is a really poor ranking. Sorry. Pretty much everything is off.



you proven that you have absolutely no knowledge about pro sc scene, all of the previous PRs were way off at some points at a time the 1st place at onther time the 10th sometimes many ranks. I, and many others, believe that TL did not see a so accurate PR. Period. Dont get me wrong i like FS and Oneother, these ranks and the explanations are justifeid. As it was said at the start it focuses more on PL cuz nothing really happened besides that. ofc some places can be argued, but that doesnt mean they arent justified! Anytime 9th place without any SL perfromance. BUT, yeat again read what Mani linked in his first description ffs....

Really great PR, funny, in time, accurate, congratulations
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
February 02 2009 18:04 GMT
#87
savior for cbnc gogo
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
February 02 2009 19:13 GMT
#88
No disrespect FS, but I think this PowerRank was a lot better thought through and at the positions where I had doubt/different opinions, the arguments behind it had me nodding, sometimes even agreeing.

Yeah, I like the choice of people on the rank, although the order - as always - could be questioned.
Good, clearheaded choice to put Anytime on the rank and Jaedong at #3, solely for the huge threat factor that he is towards anyone.

GJ!
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 02 2009 19:37 GMT
#89
This PR is really good! The only flaw it has is... No savior =( Maybe next month...
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
February 02 2009 20:53 GMT
#90
On February 03 2009 04:13 GinNtoniC wrote:
No disrespect FS, but I think this PowerRank was a lot better thought through and at the positions where I had doubt/different opinions, the arguments behind it had me nodding, sometimes even agreeing.

Yeah, I like the choice of people on the rank, although the order - as always - could be questioned.
Good, clearheaded choice to put Anytime on the rank and Jaedong at #3, solely for the huge threat factor that he is towards anyone.

GJ!

Mani did this!

I love it! MJY For CBNC?
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
February 02 2009 21:03 GMT
#91
When I first saw this PR, my first expression was: "HAS FAKESTEVE GONE MAD?"
I then looked at who wrote it was was even more shocked "HAS MANIFESTO7 GONE MAD?"
Then I was told to calm down and read the PR. After reading it, I have no complaints...

Epic epic work Mani Best PR in a while
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 02 2009 22:04 GMT
#92
On February 02 2009 23:15 xxsaznpride wrote:
^
Thanks. Appreciate the reccomendation, good sir.

Edit:
SPOILERS FOR THAT GAME I GUESS
-The first push didn't really look good for either player, but all that dropping was really nice. For -Guemchi's first push, there were like 5 or 6 SCVs right next to each other, but instead the reaver he dropped kills the vulture and only 1 scv.
-And I really liked Guemchi's cannons: they totally kept Leta from completely wrecking him. Oh wait...
-Reaver drop lol. Nice 1/2 scvs taken out.
-12nex got so raped... by 2 vultures haha. Not even talking about all the prove kills from the vult raids, either.
- 17:50 in and he, guemchi, FINALLY adds some form of defense to one of his bases, omg.
- 19 in, nice static defense guemchi, it really saved your ass on that one. Oh wait...
- 22:20 in: LOL good luck guemchi.

Looked more like Guemchi's loss than Leta's win. No anti-raid cannons at ANY base, hell no forge that I saw during the whole broadcast. Good for Leta to see that and just keep up the agression, but damn. I'm a D- terran who tries protoss once in a while, and even I put a few cannons at each base.

I'll be sure to check out the rest of the matches like you said, of course. But do they get any better than (my impression of) this one?

I, for one, was really impressed by how Leta sniped Free's probe that was going to build his 4th like 5 times even through Free's whole army. In the end Free had to bring 2 probes at once and babysit them with his whole army. I think the other one of those got taken out either way.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
February 02 2009 22:08 GMT
#93
Been looking forward to this Power Rank.. like I always do ^_^ Great to see it on schedule, and thanks for the laughs

(no really.. I am already wanting to read to next months' PR >-] )

May the force be with you Manifesto
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
February 02 2009 22:59 GMT
#94
On February 03 2009 01:08 SimonB wrote:
I've generally agreed with the Power Rankings the last few months (even Jangbi at #1 was okay considering the alternative), but this is a really poor ranking. Sorry. Pretty much everything is off.


Care to tell me why?
ModeratorGodfather
Solidus_315
Profile Joined January 2009
213 Posts
February 02 2009 23:03 GMT
#95
STORK, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

+ Show Spoiler +
But i don't really care anymore because SAVIOR IS BACK, bitches
어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
February 02 2009 23:05 GMT
#96
Very nice PR. So is the age of the six dragons officially over?
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-02 23:10:29
February 02 2009 23:10 GMT
#97
On February 03 2009 08:05 Scorch wrote:
Very nice PR. So is the age of the six dragons officially over?

hmm look who is topping KeSPa and the Elo rank... not that all of the six tosses are rocking the world but one of them is holding his ground
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-03 04:30:40
February 02 2009 23:10 GMT
#98
I like how you judge people based on fear. July Zerg is a man to be fears, as is Anytime....

I can't find any flaw in your rank or your reasoning.


I tip my hat to you sir!
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-02 23:13:49
February 02 2009 23:12 GMT
#99
Nice rank however i think anytime is unjustified. He has only beaten Jangbi that is on the current powerrank in recent games. Beating players like haran boxer oov odin and FBH(PvT) isn't enough to get the spot i'd rather give to for example upmagic who's looking stronger than ever on a 17-6 record since 16th november.

But then again, sashin might be a player darth vader picks only cause he's biased towards death..
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44354 Posts
February 02 2009 23:38 GMT
#100
On February 03 2009 07:59 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2009 01:08 SimonB wrote:
I've generally agreed with the Power Rankings the last few months (even Jangbi at #1 was okay considering the alternative), but this is a really poor ranking. Sorry. Pretty much everything is off.


Care to tell me why?

Because he's an idiot. This one is spot on. Leta is owning the shit out of every one. Bisu going 6-0 in a night is statistically unlikely even if he's 4:1 favourite over everyone he faces. That he did, plus what he did to skyhigh, assures any doubts there should be about him. JaeDong is an easy #3 for most scary and we simply cannot deny JangBi's results, nor the quality of the gameplay he shows to get them. And just the idea of FlaSh is scary. He's a monster.
This is spot on.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TaKeTV 91
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1117
RotterdaM 85
ByuN 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4248
Bisu 1125
Shuttle 1041
Stork 517
BeSt 395
Mini 351
EffOrt 349
actioN 260
Horang2 254
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Mind 130
hero 120
Light 96
Yoon 92
910 84
Zeus 73
Mong 64
Snow 62
Shinee 58
Barracks 54
sorry 45
Sea.KH 44
JYJ 38
Killer 28
Terrorterran 26
Bale 25
HiyA 24
ToSsGirL 21
Sexy 19
yabsab 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Sacsri 12
zelot 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5697
qojqva2783
Dendi1300
Counter-Strike
fl0m3796
Fnx 693
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko993
ceh9379
Livibee334
XBOCT274
Beastyqt228
Hui .223
XaKoH 149
Trikslyr44
Chillindude22
QueenE15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 11
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2885
Other Games
• Shiphtur160
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 54m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 54m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.