• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:25
CEST 06:25
KST 13:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8979 users

Power Rank 02/02/2009 - Page 7

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 33 Next All
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
February 04 2009 00:30 GMT
#121
This power rank makes my OGN fan side happy. Thank you for this - it's always informative and fun to read.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
brjdrb
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States577 Posts
February 04 2009 03:24 GMT
#122
i do agree that leta is hot, but i think the fact that he hasn't yet proven himself in an individual league should stop him from being #1. of course, that's just because i believe darth vader would make it a bo5.
Stork's biggest fan
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
February 04 2009 03:45 GMT
#123
On February 03 2009 20:34 Geo.Rion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2009 14:55 baubo wrote:
On February 03 2009 12:37 I_L_Jl wrote:
On February 03 2009 12:21 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
programmer?


Fine Professional SC Player


No, he's talking about you mistyping progamer for programmer.

If we're talking about programming, I'd easily pwn all these noobs on the PR. P

On February 03 2009 12:18 I_L_Jl wrote:
On February 03 2009 11:29 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Flash is still the best Terran. Leta is just hotter. He deserves the spot more, but there is really no question as to who would go farther in a starleague, or who has more skill.


Leta is just hotter?

Take out his first few months (his first 10 games) and Leta has achieved an unbelievable 50-17(75%) record over slightly more than a year . No championships yet, but he hasn't been a programmer as long as flash.


Umm... Flash and Leta came up to the A team at about the same time. It's just that one sucked while the other instantly became successful.

And trying to compare a Proleague specialist with Flash, the player with the heaviest workload among all progamers PLUS being a high schooler, is a really disservice to Flash.



Flash doesnt have that much work recently as in the previous season


I don't understand your point. Neither I nor the person I responded to was talking about recently. We're talking about over the past year.
Meh
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
February 04 2009 06:31 GMT
#124
Great write-up, props.

Bisu #1!
Peace~
muramasa
Profile Joined March 2005
Canada1299 Posts
February 04 2009 08:45 GMT
#125
Jangbi's taking back the #1 spot next month. Bisu is the #2 Protoss in town.
Hong Jin Ho. Nevar forget.
Uraeus
Profile Joined February 2008
France1378 Posts
February 04 2009 12:08 GMT
#126
Thanks for placing Anytime in the PR.
He deserves credit for pulling away such results while being in ACE.
I bet next month wills Savior coming back from oblivion too.
You are lucky I don't have a banhammer
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
February 04 2009 16:20 GMT
#127
The power rank doesn't take consideration of Bisu's elo of 2312 above Leta's elo which is only 2250?
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
February 04 2009 16:26 GMT
#128
On February 05 2009 01:20 LunarDestiny wrote:
The power rank doesn't take consideration of Bisu's elo of 2312 above Leta's elo which is only 2250?

Did you read the explanation that Mani linked? No? Go read it. Thanks.
Peace~
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-04 17:49:17
February 04 2009 16:38 GMT
#129
On February 05 2009 01:20 LunarDestiny wrote:
The power rank doesn't take consideration of Bisu's elo of 2312 above Leta's elo which is only 2250?


then answer is NO, PR is totally diferent than ELO or Kespa rankings
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
JohnnyCash
Profile Joined February 2006
France244 Posts
February 04 2009 22:13 GMT
#130
On February 02 2009 13:17 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
Jangbi has the unique ability to not only beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well.


I disagree. Jangbi is one of the most consistent players right now, especially out of the Protoss pool. His losses come rarely in Proleague; he pulls through every time in individual leagues.Everyone drops unexpected matches at times, that's just the nature of the game. This is certainly not a unique quality, because it happens to everyone. What about Bisu? Could you say the same thing for Bisu then? He lost verses Zergs he was supposed to beat. I also remember when Jaedong lost to guys like Tempest in a best out of three, but that doesn't all of sudden make him a player "that can beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well." I don't know, I feel like you are using an unfair criteria for Jangbi regarding this when it's not a distinctive quality.

As for Stork being at the bottom, eh, I guess I can't argue much about it because he went on that losing streak in Proleague. But him handling forGG/go.go to easily advance from the group, then beating NaDa on infamous Rush Hour III and then taking down Mind shows he's still the greatest PvTer in the world. Hopefully it's also a sign that he's back to his normal form.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this Power Rank, particularly your writing style. Thanks Mani!



I agree 100%, with all three points.
On the JangBi inconsistency, even though I know it doesn't mean much, I remember when he had a 90% win-ratio on iccup (one of the best ratios I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong). Even if there aren't only progamers, it's still a very high level of play and this to me is a proof that he's the kind of guy that hates losing and is always capable of finding a way to victory against a lesser opponent.
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
February 05 2009 08:19 GMT
#131
On February 05 2009 07:13 JohnnyCash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2009 13:17 OneOther wrote:
Jangbi has the unique ability to not only beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well.


I disagree. Jangbi is one of the most consistent players right now, especially out of the Protoss pool. His losses come rarely in Proleague; he pulls through every time in individual leagues.Everyone drops unexpected matches at times, that's just the nature of the game. This is certainly not a unique quality, because it happens to everyone. What about Bisu? Could you say the same thing for Bisu then? He lost verses Zergs he was supposed to beat. I also remember when Jaedong lost to guys like Tempest in a best out of three, but that doesn't all of sudden make him a player "that can beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well." I don't know, I feel like you are using an unfair criteria for Jangbi regarding this when it's not a distinctive quality.

As for Stork being at the bottom, eh, I guess I can't argue much about it because he went on that losing streak in Proleague. But him handling forGG/go.go to easily advance from the group, then beating NaDa on infamous Rush Hour III and then taking down Mind shows he's still the greatest PvTer in the world. Hopefully it's also a sign that he's back to his normal form.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this Power Rank, particularly your writing style. Thanks Mani!



I agree 100%, with all three points.
On the JangBi inconsistency, even though I know it doesn't mean much, I remember when he had a 90% win-ratio on iccup (one of the best ratios I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong). Even if there aren't only progamers, it's still a very high level of play and this to me is a proof that he's the kind of guy that hates losing and is always capable of finding a way to victory against a lesser opponent.


He pulls trough individual leauges while Bisu doesnt? Let's see,
Bisu: OSL (with wildcard though), GOM;
Jangbi: MSL, GOM (with the luckiest, easiest road possible)

I dont see how do you use idinvidual leagues against Bisu and in favor of Jangbi
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
amanet
Profile Joined December 2007
Croatia334 Posts
February 05 2009 09:41 GMT
#132
puting Leta 1st is ridiculous .. he cant beat bisu
JohnnyCash
Profile Joined February 2006
France244 Posts
February 05 2009 10:54 GMT
#133
On February 05 2009 17:19 Geo.Rion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2009 07:13 JohnnyCash wrote:
On February 02 2009 13:17 OneOther wrote:
Jangbi has the unique ability to not only beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well.


I disagree. Jangbi is one of the most consistent players right now, especially out of the Protoss pool. His losses come rarely in Proleague; he pulls through every time in individual leagues.Everyone drops unexpected matches at times, that's just the nature of the game. This is certainly not a unique quality, because it happens to everyone. What about Bisu? Could you say the same thing for Bisu then? He lost verses Zergs he was supposed to beat. I also remember when Jaedong lost to guys like Tempest in a best out of three, but that doesn't all of sudden make him a player "that can beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well." I don't know, I feel like you are using an unfair criteria for Jangbi regarding this when it's not a distinctive quality.

As for Stork being at the bottom, eh, I guess I can't argue much about it because he went on that losing streak in Proleague. But him handling forGG/go.go to easily advance from the group, then beating NaDa on infamous Rush Hour III and then taking down Mind shows he's still the greatest PvTer in the world. Hopefully it's also a sign that he's back to his normal form.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this Power Rank, particularly your writing style. Thanks Mani!



I agree 100%, with all three points.
On the JangBi inconsistency, even though I know it doesn't mean much, I remember when he had a 90% win-ratio on iccup (one of the best ratios I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong). Even if there aren't only progamers, it's still a very high level of play and this to me is a proof that he's the kind of guy that hates losing and is always capable of finding a way to victory against a lesser opponent.


He pulls trough individual leauges while Bisu doesnt? Let's see,
Bisu: OSL (with wildcard though), GOM;
Jangbi: MSL, GOM (with the luckiest, easiest road possible)

I dont see how do you use idinvidual leagues against Bisu and in favor of Jangbi


Hmm, I was more making a point about the initial argument that "JangBi can lose to anyone". All progamers can lose to anyone (including Bisu, just an example picked by OneOther..), but someone with a good sense of seeing cheeses coming and coming back from a BO disadvantage is less likely to do so. To me the 90% win ratio on Iccup proves that JangBi is in this category, not just a player with good mechanics which will get outsmarted from time to time by lesser opponents.
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
February 05 2009 11:06 GMT
#134
On February 05 2009 19:54 JohnnyCash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2009 17:19 Geo.Rion wrote:
On February 05 2009 07:13 JohnnyCash wrote:
On February 02 2009 13:17 OneOther wrote:
Jangbi has the unique ability to not only beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well.


I disagree. Jangbi is one of the most consistent players right now, especially out of the Protoss pool. His losses come rarely in Proleague; he pulls through every time in individual leagues.Everyone drops unexpected matches at times, that's just the nature of the game. This is certainly not a unique quality, because it happens to everyone. What about Bisu? Could you say the same thing for Bisu then? He lost verses Zergs he was supposed to beat. I also remember when Jaedong lost to guys like Tempest in a best out of three, but that doesn't all of sudden make him a player "that can beat anyone in the world, but lose to anyone as well." I don't know, I feel like you are using an unfair criteria for Jangbi regarding this when it's not a distinctive quality.

As for Stork being at the bottom, eh, I guess I can't argue much about it because he went on that losing streak in Proleague. But him handling forGG/go.go to easily advance from the group, then beating NaDa on infamous Rush Hour III and then taking down Mind shows he's still the greatest PvTer in the world. Hopefully it's also a sign that he's back to his normal form.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this Power Rank, particularly your writing style. Thanks Mani!



I agree 100%, with all three points.
On the JangBi inconsistency, even though I know it doesn't mean much, I remember when he had a 90% win-ratio on iccup (one of the best ratios I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong). Even if there aren't only progamers, it's still a very high level of play and this to me is a proof that he's the kind of guy that hates losing and is always capable of finding a way to victory against a lesser opponent.


He pulls trough individual leauges while Bisu doesnt? Let's see,
Bisu: OSL (with wildcard though), GOM;
Jangbi: MSL, GOM (with the luckiest, easiest road possible)

I dont see how do you use idinvidual leagues against Bisu and in favor of Jangbi


Hmm, I was more making a point about the initial argument that "JangBi can lose to anyone". All progamers can lose to anyone (including Bisu, just an example picked by OneOther..), but someone with a good sense of seeing cheeses coming and coming back from a BO disadvantage is less likely to do so. To me the 90% win ratio on Iccup proves that JangBi is in this category, not just a player with good mechanics which will get outsmarted from time to time by lesser opponents.


Or that he tries harder than the other pros playing there? Wasnt magma A+ with like 2-4 losses last season?
God Hates a Coward
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
February 05 2009 13:34 GMT
#135
On February 05 2009 18:41 amanet wrote:
puting Leta 1st is ridiculous .. he cant beat bisu

It's not about who can beat who, it's about who can beat the most players in the proscene today, in how dominating a fashion, and how consistently. FBH was on the PR many times even though he would probably lose to every Protoss on the list (generally).
Peace~
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
February 05 2009 13:52 GMT
#136
On February 03 2009 12:37 I_L_Jl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2009 12:21 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
programmer?


Fine Professional SC Player


A programmer is somebody who programs something, the progamers do no such thing.
Hi.
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
February 05 2009 14:23 GMT
#137
Where is Hwasin? This guy is really hot right now. Wait until he owns all in MSL/OSL
Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
February 05 2009 14:26 GMT
#138
exactly, wait until he owns all in MSL/OSL and then he'll be ranked
Terran & Potato Salad.
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
February 05 2009 15:35 GMT
#139
On February 05 2009 23:26 Lukeeze[zR] wrote:
exactly, wait until he owns all in MSL/OSL and then he'll be ranked


9-1 in his last 10 games, wins over S class progamers in their good/best MUs, he needs nothing more to prove he belongs to PR. Maybe not very high, but he's on fire
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
February 05 2009 16:38 GMT
#140
On February 05 2009 18:41 amanet wrote:
puting Leta 1st is ridiculous .. he cant beat bisu
He has already... even though it was before Bisu made his comeback. Still, if they meet in the OSL, I think Leta has a good chance.


They can't meet in the MSL, because Bisu failed hard there, which is why he's not number one in the power rank.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1491
910 89
NotJumperer 74
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
febbydoto20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox540
Mew2King109
Other Games
summit1g8037
Coldzera 734
JimRising 629
C9.Mang0332
WinterStarcraft331
PiGStarcraft269
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick999
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• practicex 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota241
League of Legends
• Lourlo979
• Rush863
• Stunt179
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 35m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.