• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:11
CEST 23:11
KST 06:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8757 users

Do you play Blizzard's Balance Test maps? - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
sCnInfinity
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany82 Posts
May 19 2014 19:47 GMT
#21
I don't play Balance Maps because it doesn't really help at all. Most of the time I join the maps I'm matched against gold league players. No offence, but since I'm a diamond player i do not really see that as representative for balance.

I would love the idea of using the PTRs for a little ladder system with a matchmaking system similar to the normal one.

The way it is just doesn't make any sense i.m.o..
Long live the King Of Wings
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
May 20 2014 01:32 GMT
#22
Good lord, and yet people bitch at Blizzard for not trying things out more in balance test maps...
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Anacreor
Profile Joined February 2013
Netherlands291 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 12:04:40
May 20 2014 12:04 GMT
#23
Blizzard could maybe organise something like a monthly PTR tournament, with a small prize. That might encourage people to play it more, if they would like that. What I think would give the best result is if GM only could access the balance maps, but I understand they have something better to than test balance all day.
"Peter the Acretree chops some wood"
NKexquisite
Profile Joined January 2009
United States911 Posts
May 22 2014 16:01 GMT
#24
On May 19 2014 16:33 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 07:50 NKexquisite wrote:
On May 17 2014 02:58 DinoMight wrote:
On May 17 2014 01:38 NKexquisite wrote:
A balance map seems pretty unnecessary for a change as trivial as the hellions transforming to hellbats w/o an upgrade that rarely ever gets used.


You have no idea what you're talking about. This allows Terran to produce Hellions before the armory is finished and tranform them into Hellbats immediately. It also makes the Hellbats arrive at the Zerg base MUCH faster because of how fast Hellions are. There will be really strong timing pushes that come with this.


I think the reason most people don't play these is that there are just too many things we do wrong anyway for the balance to "really" be a factor for us.

IMO only at the pro level can they really be **effectively testing these patches for balance.

I just see the patches as something that happens and I deal with, knowing that if I just improve my play I'll win regardless of this patch.


Actually, you have no idea what you are talking about... You don't even know what this current test patch notes are!

1) Terran can already make hellions before an Armory, the game has always been this way.

2) You still need an Armory to transform Hellions to Hellbats.


You are the one who doesn't understand, T can make helions early and the second the armory is done they can make the helions into BH. Before they actually needed an upgrade for this, if you didn't know. Thats why like the previous poster stated, the timings will be faster.


Yes. What part of that did I not cover? It rewards good hellion control by making them viable into the mid-game.
Whattttt Upppppppp Im Nesteaaaaaa!!
Aber
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden332 Posts
May 24 2014 04:20 GMT
#25
On May 19 2014 16:33 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 07:50 NKexquisite wrote:
On May 17 2014 02:58 DinoMight wrote:
On May 17 2014 01:38 NKexquisite wrote:
A balance map seems pretty unnecessary for a change as trivial as the hellions transforming to hellbats w/o an upgrade that rarely ever gets used.


You have no idea what you're talking about. This allows Terran to produce Hellions before the armory is finished and tranform them into Hellbats immediately. It also makes the Hellbats arrive at the Zerg base MUCH faster because of how fast Hellions are. There will be really strong timing pushes that come with this.


I think the reason most people don't play these is that there are just too many things we do wrong anyway for the balance to "really" be a factor for us.

IMO only at the pro level can they really be **effectively testing these patches for balance.

I just see the patches as something that happens and I deal with, knowing that if I just improve my play I'll win regardless of this patch.


Actually, you have no idea what you are talking about... You don't even know what this current test patch notes are!

1) Terran can already make hellions before an Armory, the game has always been this way.

2) You still need an Armory to transform Hellions to Hellbats.


You are the one who doesn't understand, T can make helions early and the second the armory is done they can make the helions into BH. Before they actually needed an upgrade for this, if you didn't know. Thats why like the previous poster stated, the timings will be faster.

no, YOU dont understand...[insert reason]... sry i just wanted in on the "you dont understand" fun
Trying is the first step towards failure
phantomfive
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)404 Posts
May 25 2014 06:42 GMT
#26
On May 17 2014 02:58 DinoMight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2014 01:38 NKexquisite wrote:
A balance map seems pretty unnecessary for a change as trivial as the hellions transforming to hellbats w/o an upgrade that rarely ever gets used.


You have no idea what you're talking about. This allows Terran to produce Hellions before the armory is finished and tranform them into Hellbats immediately. It also makes the Hellbats arrive at the Zerg base MUCH faster because of how fast Hellions are. There will be really strong timing pushes that come with this.


I think the reason most people don't play these is that there are just too many things we do wrong anyway for the balance to "really" be a factor for us.

IMO only at the pro level can they really be **effectively testing these patches for balance.

I just see the patches as something that happens and I deal with, knowing that if I just improve my play I'll win regardless of this patch.


Hmmmm that's an interesting idea. Build two factories, build a bunch of helions, armory, drive over, transform, win. I'm going to try that right now.
To ease another's heartache is to forget one's own - Lincoln
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
May 26 2014 00:30 GMT
#27
brilliant poll
starleague forever
robih
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria1086 Posts
May 26 2014 21:10 GMT
#28
I rarely even play SC2
phantomfive
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)404 Posts
May 27 2014 01:56 GMT
#29
On May 27 2014 06:10 robih wrote:
I rarely even play SC2

WHY WOULD YOU WASTE YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT???
To ease another's heartache is to forget one's own - Lincoln
shin ken
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Germany614 Posts
May 27 2014 16:22 GMT
#30
We played the test maps all the time, when we still did custom games. But anybody of my dudes plays starcraft anymore - no fun paying test maps against yourself (or strangers)
Gamlet
Profile Joined December 2012
Ukraine336 Posts
May 28 2014 12:33 GMT
#31
I tested only tempest buff.but only 1 map (
Kiev
Slydie
Profile Joined August 2013
2013 Posts
June 01 2014 21:06 GMT
#32
Im very curious about reading which changes might happen, and the test maps do their job...but

Unless something totally changes my playstyle, why should a gold/plat player like me bother to play balance testers? Even the pros need months to ajust to some patches! I let them figure out the eventual new styles and copy them.

I like to try hipster maps, though, nowdays Foxtrot Labs and Kamala Park, which should be in for ladder next season.
Buff the siegetank
Jj_82
Profile Joined December 2012
Swaziland419 Posts
June 04 2014 07:52 GMT
#33
On May 20 2014 21:04 Anacreor wrote:
Blizzard could maybe organise something like a monthly PTR tournament, with a small prize. That might encourage people to play it more, if they would like that. What I think would give the best result is if GM only could access the balance maps, but I understand they have something better to than test balance all day.

...through a new ingame tournament system! FTW!
Once rode a waterslide with PartinG and TaeJa ✌
Hot_Ice
Profile Joined January 2013
139 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-07 09:35:41
June 07 2014 09:34 GMT
#34
--- Nuked ---
aeligos
Profile Joined January 2013
United States172 Posts
June 07 2014 20:15 GMT
#35
No but I would really like to map test.

How can I opt in?
libera te tvtemet ex inferis A.'.A.'.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
June 10 2014 07:00 GMT
#36
I think I tested it once or twice.

However, as I very rarely play Starcraft as is and haven't played the test maps for years, I voted no.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
JonIrenicus
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Italy602 Posts
June 11 2014 22:27 GMT
#37
--- Nuked ---
TheSayo182
Profile Joined September 2012
Italy243 Posts
June 13 2014 15:53 GMT
#38
i wonder the rusult if the question was: Do you play starcraft 2?
"Remember: Probes & Pylons and when behind Dark Shrine!"
OPL3SA2
Profile Joined April 2011
United States378 Posts
June 17 2014 16:23 GMT
#39
Wait, there's a balance patch that allows hellions to transform into hellbats the moment the armory is finished? I have to look at the date and time stamp of these posts because, correct me if i'm wrong, that's exactly how hellbats used to work. They added the upgrade to the tech lab of the factory at some point. Looks like they are reverting it??
Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?
OPL3SA2
Profile Joined April 2011
United States378 Posts
June 17 2014 16:24 GMT
#40
On June 14 2014 00:53 TheSayo182 wrote:
i wonder the rusult if the question was: Do you play starcraft 2?


I'd be interested in that TL poll
Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 583
ProTech137
RuFF_SC2 107
Nina 99
Liquid`TLO 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19589
Mini 145
firebathero 94
Bale 23
PianO 15
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever170
canceldota35
League of Legends
Doublelift3125
Counter-Strike
fl0m1034
Super Smash Bros
PPMD23
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu947
Other Games
summit1g5333
FrodaN1043
Beastyqt510
shahzam478
mouzStarbuck292
B2W.Neo281
ToD229
C9.Mang0126
RotterdaM87
UpATreeSC72
Mew2King43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• mYiSmile112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1113
• Shiphtur653
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 4m
Replay Cast
1h 49m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.