• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:14
CEST 09:14
KST 16:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9230 users

Power Rank 07/01/2011 - Page 37

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 Next All
aupstar
Profile Joined June 2007
Australia912 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 07:20:06
August 05 2011 07:13 GMT
#721
On August 05 2011 02:02 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 21:09 aupstar wrote:
On August 04 2011 20:12 Mortality wrote:
On August 04 2011 16:21 aupstar wrote:
On August 04 2011 15:40 Oystein wrote:
On August 04 2011 14:19 aupstar wrote:
You're right, SKT has a lot of depth and has had an extremely strong season where they barely reached the ace match.

This simply means that bisu has been under less pressure to perform than someone like Flash/Jaedong.

The ace match really tests the caliber of the best player of the team in high perssure situations.

Bisu has to deal with little or none of that and so naturally he'd have less losses compared to someone like leta/flash/jaedong.

And for the record, I've watched the games against hyvaa live.
It showed Bisu's multitasking isn't up to par with the best.

@ffreakk
I don't see how you guys keep bringing up how Flash lost to hyuk in december of LAST year. It occurred far too long ago to be considered as something that influences the current PR. Bisu's loss on the other hand in the "OSL" prelims however is quite recent. But thank you for pointing out that it was my mistake as the poster. I posted that late at night and had them mixed up..

Say what? Why do you post so much bullshit that is just plainly wrong? At least check your stats before you post opinions like they are facts.

Flash has played a total of 36 games of regular PL (not counting playoffs) this season with 4 of them being ace matches, Bisu has played 40 with 6 of them being Ace matches. Leta has played a total of 30 regular PL games with 1 of them being ace matches. Jaedong is the only one with a bigger workload having played 43 games of regular PL and 6 of them being Ace matches.

Your opinion on Bisu`s multitasking leads me to believe you might just be a big troll, but im posting anyway as people might actually believe your statement about others having a harder PL workload when its clearly blatantly wrong.


Is it just me or do SKT fans like to make personal attacks...do you really think that will help change my mind?

Also, I would like to see how you came to that conclusion. Please link me to the source of your information.

I did go through some live report threads but I did not do such a thorough analysis...I saw hardly any ace games with the exceptions being Bisu playing ACE vs airforce and wookie in wemade..lol


His source is TLPD, which I dare say you need to visit more frequently...


And I dare say you should read the posts above you..>_>


Don't get sassy after posting post after post of utter bullshit.


Excuse me?

I don't need you to mother me in response to a conversation I had with someone else that was already solved.

Your comment was completely invalid and not required.

Put a bit more effort in your comments in future.

Also, it's not like you know everything either:

Quote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 04 2011 03:50 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2011 21:45 aupstar wrote:
On August 03 2011 19:09 Mortality wrote:
On August 03 2011 18:18 pvzvt wrote:
i dont understand how people can rank people 1st or 2nd in the pr only bases on 1-2 games
guys this is team effort not individual
but since both teams has reached so far you cant really attribute it to 1 player
and even if it is attributed to 1 player it was already calculated in previous pr
in order for flash not taking #1 he'll need to lose set1 come back dressed up as hoejja and lose set 2 all the way to set (4 different costumes ) and skt will be sending only rookies from the b team


I don't understand how people think they can know all they need to know about a player from 8 games or 10 games or 12 games. You don't.

PR involves looking at a player's history and Bisu's play has been about as close to perfect as humanly possible for months. In all of 2011, the only bad things I can think of were dropping from OSL prelims (again), some sloppy PvP around March +/-, and his struggles with Kal and Stork earlier in the year.

Of course Flash is ahead right now. Even though Flash had some difficulties a month ago, he's been proving himself against better opponents both this month and last month (Bisu has had a fairly easy ride for 2 months). But if Bisu steps it up and beats the hardest opponents (not necessarily Flash twice, but maybe a looking-like-he's-in-form Stats and then Flash, or something like that), then I see no reason to deny him his dues. The fact is that it's these many months of success that allowed Bisu to take over as #1 by ELO.


I believe that performing in multiple leagues > performing to snipe mediocre players on certain maps in proleague.

If you're gonna talk about past histories then you've missed a biggy. He was knocked out of MSL prelims this year by hyvaa. That's his best MU in a Bo3.

Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of his opponents have been sub par with Bisu seldomly being sent in to play the ACE match.


Apparently you don't pay enough attention to Starcraft. I already covered the loss to hyvaa "...dropping from OSL prelims (again)"...which was NOT MSL, but OSL as I correctly stated the first time.

Of course doing well in multiple leagues is the goal. Bisu's inability to up his game for individual leagues is bad. He hasn't been playing poorly in individual leagues (although, please actually WATCH the games vs hyvaa instead of just hiding behind the result which everybody and their grandmother already knows), he just can't step his game up or vary his approach. Everyone knows that Bisu plays a Bisu style match every single game (whereas Flash, for instance, can vary his strategy and mindset a great deal) and because he's not NaDa he can't pull it off (at one point early in his career and before coaches played a relevant role in SC, NaDa would always follow a win with a rush in bo3, which is why so many of his bo3 results were WLW... everyone knew he was rushing; but in NaDa's case he was so far above everyone he could do stupid shit like that and win the series anyway).

But it has to be granted to Bisu that he's absolutely phenomenally good at what he does. And although he favors certain maps so does everyone, including Flash. Maps aren't the issue why he fails to advance in individual leagues.

Bisu is the primary ace player for SKT so I do not understand this remark. If he rarely plays ace it's because SKT matches rarely go to ace. A lot of his recent opponents have been subpar, this is true, but he's played and beaten a lot of strong players this year as well and there's no indication he has gotten worse. If anything, his wins continue looking super clean.


If Bisu carries SKT over KT including toppling Flash then I see no reason to deny him. That is all I have been saying. Important wins when the chips are down will put his past wins in perspective.

Obviously Bisu is not top 2 so far this PR period. Flash is the clear #1 and Zero has earned #2. #3 is probably Bisu because Hydra has been a bit inconsistent and JD has lost JvZ. But any kind of failure in the GF will probably push Hydra over Bisu. JD, having dropped out of OSL and not having been in the playoffs, is in a bad spot.



This quote was directly in response to my comment regarding Bisu seldomly playing ace matches.

Your response shows how this is a misconception that a lot of people may have regarding the issue (not just myself).

Perhaps you should make a few more regular trips to TLPD yourself instead of making crappy one liner responses to comments that were ALREADY responded to and SOLVED long before you pushed your nose into it.
Firebats, the natural enemy of octozerg
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 05 2011 10:24 GMT
#722
Quit throwing temper tantrums. You were proved wrong, tried to argue it, got shot in the face, and now you're just trying to turn the heat up on me to take out your frustrations. Go let off steam elsewhere.

By the by, if you want to try to make me look bad, at least find an actual example of me fucking up.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
aupstar
Profile Joined June 2007
Australia912 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 10:58:51
August 05 2011 10:55 GMT
#723
On August 05 2011 19:24 Mortality wrote:
Quit throwing temper tantrums. You were proved wrong, tried to argue it, got shot in the face, and now you're just trying to turn the heat up on me to take out your frustrations. Go let off steam elsewhere.

By the by, if you want to try to make me look bad, at least find an actual example of me fucking up.

You're right, I was proved wrong regarding the ACE match issue!

If you bothered to read my posts before telling me that I should read TLPD, you would see that I already conceded that I was wrong and moved on regarding the issue.

But being gentlemanly about such things I guess isn't the norm amongst people like you mortality.

Instead you decided to quote me on something that was already resolved and decided that it was a good idea to poke at me for doing something you yourself did not do.

And then continue by telling me that I post bullshit and throw temper tantrums...

Gosh, I scorn the day they ever make you PR writer.
Firebats, the natural enemy of octozerg
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
August 05 2011 11:27 GMT
#724
Not to get personal here, but usually people who are/were on the wrong dont act like you do either. Sure, hes a little late in pointing out you are wrong, but its not like he was wrong about it. You, on the other hand, were wrong, and are probably better off just admitting it and accept rather than fighting back.

I too think that you are just throwing tantrum. Admitting that you are wrong doesnt wipe away your mistake. People can choose to ignore it or but they also can remind you that you are wrong. But instead of saying it nicely you chose to push the heat to him. >.<

On topic: PR deciding day tmr :3
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
champignones
Profile Joined September 2008
Panama160 Posts
August 05 2011 11:58 GMT
#725
i dont know but things are clear for me, bisu isnt in OSL , and flash is, so flash #1 is pretty secured, besides this MONTH bisu havent played and showed why he must be among the top 5.
you shouldnt worry if everybody ignore you, you should be worry when they dont anymore.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 05 2011 14:31 GMT
#726
On August 05 2011 19:55 aupstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 19:24 Mortality wrote:
Quit throwing temper tantrums. You were proved wrong, tried to argue it, got shot in the face, and now you're just trying to turn the heat up on me to take out your frustrations. Go let off steam elsewhere.

By the by, if you want to try to make me look bad, at least find an actual example of me fucking up.

You're right, I was proved wrong regarding the ACE match issue!

If you bothered to read my posts before telling me that I should read TLPD, you would see that I already conceded that I was wrong and moved on regarding the issue.

But being gentlemanly about such things I guess isn't the norm amongst people like you mortality.

Instead you decided to quote me on something that was already resolved and decided that it was a good idea to poke at me for doing something you yourself did not do.

And then continue by telling me that I post bullshit and throw temper tantrums...

Gosh, I scorn the day they ever make you PR writer.


Honestly? You could have ignored me. There are a million reasons why someone might be late to the punch but you decided to assume it's some kind of malicious conspiracy and throw a childish tantrum in order to vent your frustrations about being called out.

Let's not discuss what it means to be a gentleman when you are even further from being one than I am.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
August 05 2011 14:45 GMT
#727
Mortality, you're being kind of a dick. Like seriously you're jumping all over some guy in the PR thread for an innocent mistake. The only tantrum I see here is you constantly jumping down his throat (yes, he was wrong).
Remember Violet.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 05 2011 15:49 GMT
#728
Really? Because this is what I see:
-I posted late. And not because I was deliberately piling up, but because when I posted that I hadn't realized I was late to the punch. It shouldn't have mattered, he should have just walked away.
-He sassed me.
-I called him on sassing me.
-He threw a tantrum.
-I called him on throwing a tantrum.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 16:13:24
August 05 2011 16:05 GMT
#729
edit -- You know what, I'm not gonna get sucked up into this. Mortality, I think you're being too abrasive even if you're right -- and you know how much I respect you. That's about it, talk to you later
Remember Violet.
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
August 05 2011 20:11 GMT
#730
Probably about 15-16 hours until finals are over? Then we can get this thread back to normal by:

a) Posting our final PR Predictions
and
b) Complaining about the PR being late (or yelling at people who complain)
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
August 06 2011 05:41 GMT
#731
My thoughts for #1 is that it's more or less guaranteed to be Flash. Only possible way for Bisu to clinch it is if he completely humiliates Flash and Stats in a straight up macro game, which as much as I would like, is not going to happen. That way he can prove that his vT and vP are also nigh-perfect along with his vZ

That said if SKT want to win then they really don't want to be throwing Bisu at either two players except in the ace match. Just like last month, best position I could reasonably place Bisu would be #3 due to lack of games.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
August 06 2011 09:56 GMT
#732
Storm Zerg for #1.
WriterXiao8~~
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
August 06 2011 09:56 GMT
#733
On August 06 2011 05:11 Crisium wrote:
Probably about 15-16 hours until finals are over?


ziiiiiiiiiiing
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-06 10:06:48
August 06 2011 10:05 GMT
#734
On August 06 2011 18:56 Kipsate wrote:
Storm Zerg for #1.

Storm Zerg #2 again.

Chinese govt imba #1.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
August 06 2011 14:30 GMT
#735
I assume we're not gonna wait 2 weeks for the next PR now?

Also, I don't think Mortality's comments were too abrasive. Oystein wasn't being personally offensive either. aupstar should just let it go with a full retraction of his comments when he is proven so conclusively wrong. Turning around and bitching at Oystein and Mortality is just poor.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
August 06 2011 15:00 GMT
#736
Probably not. What with MSL being out of commission until October, I think SPL finals being delayed until the next PR will give it more meat. Otherwise it'd really only be OSL. I still have a few days before I'm really able to write anything conclusive though.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
August 06 2011 15:31 GMT
#737
Might as well just skip August, then.
Remember Violet.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
August 06 2011 15:56 GMT
#738
On August 07 2011 00:31 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Might as well just skip August, then.


Yeah

August sucks anyway.
WriterXiao8~~
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
August 06 2011 16:32 GMT
#739
On August 07 2011 00:31 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Might as well just skip August, then.


Huh, why? August PR will come out in a few days and has plenty of playoff, OSL, and MST games, plus a couple STX Masters. September PR will have OSL, STX Masters, and SPL Grand Finals. October PR will have nothing and will probably be skipped like last year. No reason to skip August.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
August 06 2011 16:46 GMT
#740
SPL finals is in 2 weeks. It'll be over halfway into august by then.
Remember Violet.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 334
Hyuk 204
Hyun 90
Shinee 57
Hm[arnc] 49
ZergMaN 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 778
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King121
Other Games
summit1g9024
WinterStarcraft532
ArmadaUGS73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream177
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Rush1647
• Lourlo1005
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 46m
INu's Battles
4h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 46m
Replay Cast
15h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.