• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:53
CEST 17:53
KST 00:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9796 users

If TL was Real ID only, I would

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 02:04:28
July 09 2010 02:03 GMT
#1
I voted "not post and browse only," but chances are there would be a lot less activity so I'd really have nothing interesting to browse, so I was thinking about "stop visiting completely." But if somehow there's relevant discussion, I'd certainly browse.

But TL and Blizz forums are completely different. TL actually contributes to the Starcraft community.

edit: uh-oh. 1199 posts. I wanna stay a Lurker forever...
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
July 09 2010 02:05 GMT
#2
would still use liquibet and fantasy proleague if i could get away with not using my name for that but yeah real names are pretty terrible
brood war for life, brood war forever
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
July 09 2010 02:08 GMT
#3
On July 09 2010 11:03 Dromar wrote:

But TL and Blizz forums are completely different. TL actually contributes to the Starcraft community.

(


This. Voted wouldn't change my behavior cause TL is well....Awesome? Though my temptation to troll would be completely gone probably heh
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
Optimator
Profile Joined January 2010
United States53 Posts
July 09 2010 02:09 GMT
#4
I REALLY don't like the idea of the use of real names online becoming common in any way. God save the wild west Internet I know and love.
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
July 09 2010 02:14 GMT
#5
I probably would post alot less that's for sure. People knowing my name on teh interwebz scares me.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
AnyOne
Profile Joined January 2008
Chile547 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 02:20:49
July 09 2010 02:20 GMT
#6
i wouldnt care
STX SOuL FightinG~ Inter.Calm FigthinG ~
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
July 09 2010 02:25 GMT
#7
it would just be annoying cause nobody would know what anyone wrote but i still think we would have same quality on the site
over internet i think its more fun to use my internet nick while in real life i want ppl to call me my real name, dont see a point to thread each other
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
July 09 2010 02:28 GMT
#8
Chill would get trolled by TDot in real life. As much as TL as a community is better than the BNet forums (I'm pretty sure anyway, never really been there), we still get some freaks in here sometimes that probably shouldn't have access to people's real names.
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
July 09 2010 02:30 GMT
#9
I wouldn't care. I've used my real name as a forum alias in other communities countless times.
Kashmir
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand178 Posts
July 09 2010 02:45 GMT
#10
Not post but still browse. TL is better than bnet though so I don't see it happening any time soon.
Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. Therefore, I am perfect.
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
July 09 2010 02:46 GMT
#11
I'd stop posting. I'd still watch the streams and perhaps play FPL, but that'd be about it.
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
July 09 2010 02:50 GMT
#12
i chose stop visiting
id prolly end up reading it occasionally but i wouldn't come here regularly anymore
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
July 09 2010 03:05 GMT
#13
I would probably just browse only. I already post fairly infrequently, so it's not like my habits would change drastically. I'm not sure if I'd give up liquibet or fantasy though.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
July 09 2010 03:05 GMT
#14
I would browse less and less until I left most likely. I'm pretty sure the community would shrink fast, then again you could make a fake name and use that... Which I would do if there was no other choice.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
July 09 2010 03:09 GMT
#15
Real ID eh..I wouldn't mind but...
▲ ▲ ▲
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
July 09 2010 03:09 GMT
#16
everyone knows my name anyways lol
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 09 2010 03:15 GMT
#17
TL doesn't have a problem with trolls and such because it's so heavily moderated. There's no "upside" for offering this at TL, but there would probably be a small upside with offering this for blizzard because it will reduce a lot of the trolling and smurfing. The WoW boards are filled with level 1 characters that were created just to trash talk because people are too scared to do it on their main account because they will reflect poorly on their guild.
Banteng
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States148 Posts
July 09 2010 03:27 GMT
#18
My real name looks fake anyway.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
July 09 2010 03:39 GMT
#19
I would post more. Its better.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
hoborg
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States430 Posts
July 09 2010 03:44 GMT
#20
Team Liquid is one of the top google results for a noticeable portion of the stuff I type into google, even completely unrelated stuff to SC. When some employer googles my name, I don't want the first result to be me talking casually about a videogame, even if I do so respectfully and in a non-trolling manner.

But there's no option for "Circumvent the system to use a fake name" which is what I would actually do.
blbl | CJ and ACE fighting!
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 53
UpATreeSC 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40278
Calm 3972
Bisu 1702
Shuttle 1603
FanTaSy 1446
Mini 1347
EffOrt 697
Rush 619
Soma 395
Light 344
[ Show more ]
actioN 310
Stork 280
Hyuk 264
Snow 257
ZerO 218
firebathero 202
Dewaltoss 107
Barracks 81
Zeus 70
hero 65
Shinee 45
Killer 42
Pusan 35
Hyun 35
Sharp 34
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 28
Free 25
Shine 21
HiyA 20
sorry 19
PianO 15
yabsab 15
Aegong 13
zelot 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8225
Dendi978
XaKoH 4
League of Legends
KnowMe43
Counter-Strike
x6flipin541
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes558
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko1685
FrodaN383
Beastyqt358
B2W.Neo350
byalli267
mouzStarbuck248
Livibee200
Liquid`VortiX172
Hui .166
RotterdaM81
Trikslyr64
Mew2King60
C9.Mang037
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV287
League of Legends
• Nemesis2771
Other Games
• Shiphtur738
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 23m
Replay Cast
7h 8m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.